The Inter Mind

What you think about how you think.
User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by mirror93 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:04 am

Dimebag wrote: I may be wrong Matthew, and please correct me on this Steven, but I don't think he is claiming that red is a real thing out there in the world. I think what he means by, a real thing, is that because we experience it, it's reality can't be denied. It's obviously produced by the brain, and occurs thanks to processes within the brain. But the experience of red, he seems to be claiming, is distinct from the neural firings.

I am not saying I agree with this, however, there was a time when I would have with great certainty. Now, however, I prefer to try to understand the neuroscience behind conscious experience. I think it is useful to understand all the separate processes going on, and attempt to piece them together and see if what emerges is something resembling what we call conscious experience.

What do we define as "real", are objects real? They are made of parts, so maybe not. Are molecules real? They are made of atoms so maybe not. Are atoms real? They are made of subatomic particles so maybe not. Are electrons real? Maybe, but they sure are strange, and seem less real than the things we would call less real which are made of parts. My point is, just because a coherent structure emerges when separate parts interact, does that really mean what emerges isn't real? If it has a definable structure which seems to operate by a different set of laws compared to the underlying parts, then we seem to define it as real.

But the difference here is, the properties which an experience have don't seem entirely predictable based on their parts, or at least the parts we currently think they are comprised of. They are unified into a single structure and they possess distinct subjective qualities. What I think is heartening however, is we might get to a stage in our understanding of the neuroanatomy, where we might predict these qualities based on the parts. That for me would be a win in understanding consciousness.

I think neuroscience could take a page out of material science's book. We are still discovering more and more about water. Something we have been studying for Millenia. The properties of water are complex, and I think of consciousness in a similar way. We are never going to find the properties of consciousness in a single neuron, just as you would never discover the properties of water from a single h20 molecule. We need to look at the broader picture. I think neuroscience is beginning to discover this. Computational neuroscience seeks to understand the information produced by the neuroanatomy, which I think is a great start. Projects which seek to map the brain in great detail are also making progress, as well as simulations of various parts of the neuroanatomy. These are promising fields of research.
That humans evolved to see red is undeniable. But I find profound difference between imagining 'red' (with my mind) and seeing 'red' off of the object (with my eyes;rods). Well, maybe I may hold that red is actually real , outside of us; not a creation of our brain, and we just perceive it because our eyes evolved to perceive it... however it may be illusory because light is what gives an objects its color, not an entire "illusion"....but I might study a bit more regarding evolution and how we see color.. I, however, agree that your red may not be the same as my red, as we can never be sure about what the other person is seeing
Last edited by mirror93 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:26 am, edited 7 times in total.
:paladin:

User avatar
Dimebag
Regular Poster
Posts: 804
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: Steve Advaita Spammer is addicted to being debunked.

Post by Dimebag » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:39 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
AmeliaMichelle wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:
mirror93 wrote:I think you may be under impression that you don't need eyes to see red, do you? Really?
I See Red in Dreams. No eyes are needed or involved with that.

removable eyes. just for nighttime.
Hmmm....I've never wondered before: what do born blind people dream? I assume aural and touch/motor memories? Eyes are needed to perceive colors.... only then can they be dreamed on. ((I assume, not having been born blind.))
I would probably agree with your hypothesis. Here's another further question along those lines. For people who had functional visual systems and grew up with sight, and who have now lost their visual cortex, do they have any visual capability to dream? My guess is no, as during waking hours our visual cortex is necessary to produce visual experience. Furthermore, what would happen to a persons dreams if they lose only their eyesight, but their visual cortex was left intact? Would they continue to have the same visual component of their dreams, as their visual cortex is still intact, even if visual input were no longer present? My guess would be yes, however, over time as their visual cortex became disused, they would have a degradation in the visual capacity of their dreams. All speculation, but testable.

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Steve Advaita Spammer is addicted to being debunked.

Post by mirror93 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:41 am

Dimebag wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
AmeliaMichelle wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:
mirror93 wrote:I think you may be under impression that you don't need eyes to see red, do you? Really?
I See Red in Dreams. No eyes are needed or involved with that.

removable eyes. just for nighttime.
Hmmm....I've never wondered before: what do born blind people dream? I assume aural and touch/motor memories? Eyes are needed to perceive colors.... only then can they be dreamed on. ((I assume, not having been born blind.))
I would probably agree with your hypothesis. Here's another further question along those lines. For people who had functional visual systems and grew up with sight, and who have now lost their visual cortex, do they have any visual capability to dream? My guess is no, as during waking hours our visual cortex is necessary to produce visual experience. Furthermore, what would happen to a persons dreams if they lose only their eyesight, but their visual cortex was left intact? Would they continue to have the same visual component of their dreams, as their visual cortex is still intact, even if visual input were no longer present? My guess would be yes, however, over time as their visual cortex became disused, they would have a degradation in the visual capacity of their dreams. All speculation, but testable.
isn't this proving that color is an actually in the physical world? or a possibility that this may be the case? or can we never know how the object color really looks like if we're not seeing it (not that the object has any color, but light give its color, and until we see it and detect with our apparatus to perceive it, even tho it's subjective to me, my red would be only the tones of red my rods/cones are able to perceive; this is all something that I ponder sometimes..
Last edited by mirror93 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
:paladin:

User avatar
landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8820
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by landrew » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:23 pm

A colorimeter or a spectrograph slays all philosophical arguments about colors being purely perceptual.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by placid » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:46 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Cadmusteeth wrote:You mind clearing up how consiousness appeared way back when before the big bang then?


It is clear that Steve Klinko has some rather large gaps in his basic science knowledge.

1) Consciousness did not evolve until 13.5 billion years after the Big Bang.
2) Prior to the Big Bang there was only a singularity and no atoms, photons, electrons or anything for a conscious to exist in.
3) The Big Bang had to happen first for anything to come into existence

Therefore it is complete religious insanity for Steve Klinko to claim consciousness went back in time to cause the Boi Bang to occur. That's why Steve never answers any questions about his religious claims.
No mate, there is no knowledge of before or after's...there is only knowledge NOW.

The idea that billions of years have elapsed is a knowledge known only NOW when the DEMAND for that knowledge is desired. When there is no demand for knowledge ..there simply is no knowledge, or time, or anything at all.

If everything, aka all that is, was to disappear for billions of years ..the reappearance of all that is would be instantaneously NOW because NOW is all there is. Where or what else is there here?

Can NOW ever not be NOW ? except maybe as a mental concept ...happening NOW?

Where is yesterday or next week but concepts conceived NOW



No thing ever happened, all happenings are no thing happening, everything that could possible be exists simultaneously right now all at once. Consciousness cannot go anywhere, it is everywhere at once. Any movement is simply the one consciousness projecting it's own reflection NOW...

What is a reflection but the mind, aka the world of concepts..aka knowledge, aka a mirror image of no thing aka consciousness. All things aka concepts are an image of no thing.

There are no gaps in knowledge because knowledge is a fiction of consciousness aka all that is.

Consciousness does not evolve, only knowledge evolves in the form of technology aka artificially simulated reality in the form of images. ONLY as and through these images is the mind known to itself by becoming identified with the image...all a projection of the one consciousness alone ... instantaneously appearing as the many right here and NOW


Consciousness is the timeless unborn, everywhere and nowhere now here in contact with itself only as a concept...aka a projection of itself.

13.5 billion years ago can only be conceived NOW by consciousness. There is no after or before PRESENCE.

When there is no contact being made, there is HERE silence, dormancy, latency, no thing showing on the screen, no THING coming to MIND... so to speak...nothing known.
Only on contact, KNOWLEDGE on demand is there anything known. So what is it that KNOWS ANYTHING?



When awareness knows sensation makes contact with a surface, aka with itself, the surface being the mental concept of itself.



PRESENCE, aka Consciousness can project itself billions of years into the past or future VIA ''thought'' aka a movement within itself on contact with itself alone. Consciousness has never moved an inch...only the ''thought'' moves, inseparable from the unmoved consciousness which is the unmoved mover, the uncaused causer, the only power there is. It has never come into existence. It is existence as it conceives itself in every conceivable shape or form while it itself remain forever formless.

.

PS....Steve Klinko is the only intelligent poster on this thread, you should be happy to have someone of such caliber enlightening and putting the crooked straight on your very ignorant forum. You'll thank him now or on your death bed.

.

User avatar
landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8820
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by landrew » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:05 pm

We can't know if consciousness didn't develop elsewhere, and then go extinct as all things do. If we don't see it, it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

By that "logic" your house didn't burn down because you were unaware of it happening.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29545
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:49 am

placid wrote: No mate, there is no knowledge of before or after's...there is only knowledge NOW.
No. As you are a complete idiot you left this post for me to read later. You don't even believe in your own bull-{!#%@}. :lol: :lol:

I mean.... you are so stupid, you told us not to read books, as you read a book on the Advaita religion, that told you to say that.

You are more than slightly mentally retarded aren't you?
:lol: :lol:

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10155
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Poodle » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:19 am

I've never seen placid use the term 'mate' before. Interesting.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29545
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:12 am

Poodle wrote:I've never seen placid use the term 'mate' before. Interesting.
Hmmmm.... Kurt Forrer joined the forum to tell us that he could predict the future by analysing the sexual nature of dreams. Although he hopelessly tried to claim "quantum mechanics" for this "skill", he quickly informed us he used his Advaita religious philosophy.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22352&start=240#p651162

In reality Kurt is a fortune teller in rural Victoria, Australia. He even does regional fairs! However, the Advaita followers are a very very small remaining group of idiots. I would not be surprised if Placid and Kurt communicate with each other, electronically and Kurt informed Placid that I was Australian.

What makes me laugh the most is Placid's absolute stupidity. Placid religiously states there is only the NOW and the past is not real. Placid does this by leaving a post that I can only read in the future.. Placid doesn't believe one bit of his own stupid religion. :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by placid » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:01 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
What makes me laugh the most is Placid's absolute stupidity. Placid religiously states there is only the NOW and the past is not real. Placid does this by leaving a post that I can only read in the future.. Placid doesn't believe one bit of his own stupid religion. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laughter is the best medicine - Happy to be of servivce.

Here is some more wisdom for you to laugh at....I don't expect you to understand it or believe it, you can believe what you want to believe, what ever you choose to believe in is of course your own manufactred religion, it's your entitled privlaged prerogative to believe any darn thing you so call desire, no one is here to judge you for having an opinion and quite frankly your opinion has got nothing to do with anyone elses opinion. That's the beauty of being unique and having the courage to think for yourself for a change and not be told how to think, or not be told that this is how we do it, and this is how it is, so you better get used to it.

So on with some more non-sugar coated medicine...as follows...



''LET us begin to speak of Mind and of other similar things. In the beginning were God and Hylè--it is thus that the Greeks term the first matter or substance of the universe. The Spirit was with the universe, but not in the same manner as with God. The things which constitute the universe are not God, therefore before their birth they were not in existence, but they were already contained in that from which they were produced. For besides and without created things is not only that which is not yet born, but that also which has no generative fecundity, and which can bring forth nothing. Everything which has the power of generating contains in germ all that can be born of it, for it is easy to that which is brought forth to bear that which shall bring forth. But the eternal God cannot and never could be born; He is, He has been, He will be always. The nature of God is to be His own Principle. But matter, or the nature of the world, and mind, although appearing to be brought forth from the beginning, possess the power of birth and of procreation--fecundative energy. For the beginning is in the quality of Nature, who possesses in herself the potentiality of conception and of production. She is then, without any foreign intervention, the principle of creation. It is otherwise with that which possesses only the power of conception by means of mixing with a second nature. The matrix of the universe and of all that it contains appears not to have been itself born, holding however, within it, potentially, all Nature. I call that the matrix which which contains all things, for they could not have been without a vehicle to contain them. Everything which exists must exist in some place (or vehicle), neither qualities nor quantities, nor positions, nor effects could be distinguished in things having no place and being nowhere. Thus the world, although not having been born, has in it the principle of all birth; since it affords all things a fitting matrix for conception. It is, then, the sum-total of qualities and of matter susceptible of creation, although not yet created.''
Hermes Trismegistus.

In other words, what was there/here at the big bang is STILL there/here NOW where it's always been, I mean where else is t/here...no thing has ever moved... no time has ever passed. I must agree with you, this is freaking hilarious.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by mirror93 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:32 pm

placid wrote: In other words, what was there/here at the big bang is STILL there/here NOW where it's always been, I mean where else is t/here...no thing has ever moved... no time has ever passed. I must agree with you, this is freaking hilarious.
So what is this utterly holy rare piece that was in the Big Bang that is still there? There where? in your house?? Or do you mean Here in my house? Decide! where is it ? Tho I can't find any of this piece, I may start searching! Who knows??... $$$$$

I mean, I know you may be a lazy person that sits ur ass all day spamming your advaita nonsense on forums, but to say that you're lazy to the point of not moving a thing in your house? I doubt it, that's a bit exaggerated, c'mon placid, since you born you didn't move a 'thing' in your house? You can't even move your computer's position? Nothing? Nada? Your car won't start? I mean never? I mean, Nah!, I doubt it

Whoops, Your post was made 11:01am, it's not "now" for me, it's in the past. You may have a little delay responding to my post, that will be the "now" for you, my post will be in the past from now on.
I can search your posts made in 2015, if that's not the past then what is it?
See? It's not that hard to comprehend logic Placid.
:paladin:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29545
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:48 am

placid wrote: Laughter is the best medicine - Happy to be of servivce.
So you come here to get laughed at? Gosh, it must be better than posting on your own Advaita forum with all your idiot friends. :lol:
placid wrote:... what was there/here at the big bang is STILL there/here NOW where it's always been,
"Red shift" is the name given to other galaxies accelerating away from our galaxy evidencing movement.

If you ever made it to junior school you would have know that.
:lol:

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by SteveKlinko » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:06 pm

Poodle wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:You think Consciousness is only in the Brain because that is the perspective that exists for you since you are currently trapped inside a Brain. If Science truly understood Consciousness then you could legitimately make the statements in your post. But you are just spewing your Beliefs about Consciousness. You know nothing about Consciousness. You don't even know that you don't know anything about Consciousness. Everything is still on the table with regard to Consciousness. Your Beliefs might be proven correct someday. That day is not here yet.
If I were you, Steve, I'd read (very carefully) what you just posted, because everything you said applies equally to your own statements.
But there are people on this thread that claim to know what Consciousness is. They say the Hard Problem Is solved and that there is no Explanatory Gap. Whereas I promote that the Hard Problem still exists and the Explanatory Gap is still unexplained. What I say applies to everybody. Don't you get it, my whole reason for creating the Inter Mind website was to proclaim that nobody knows anything about Consciousness yet.

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by mirror93 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:56 pm

SteveKlinko wrote:
Poodle wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:You think Consciousness is only in the Brain because that is the perspective that exists for you since you are currently trapped inside a Brain. If Science truly understood Consciousness then you could legitimately make the statements in your post. But you are just spewing your Beliefs about Consciousness. You know nothing about Consciousness. You don't even know that you don't know anything about Consciousness. Everything is still on the table with regard to Consciousness. Your Beliefs might be proven correct someday. That day is not here yet.
If I were you, Steve, I'd read (very carefully) what you just posted, because everything you said applies equally to your own statements.
But there are people on this thread that claim to know what consciousness is. They say the Hard Problem Is solved and that there is no Explanatory Gap. Whereas I promote that the Hard Problem still exists and the Explanatory Gap is still unexplained. What I say applies to everybody. Don't you get it, my whole reason for creating the Inter Mind website was to proclaim that nobody knows anything about consciousness yet.
No, you and Placid and some other trolls are the only idiots here who don't get what consciousness is. You both idiots have a personal agenda, that's why you capitalize the 'c' in consciousness, because you both trolls want us to believe that our brain consciousness is an illusion and that the real "consciousness" is in everything in the universe, and your argument for this obvious nonsense is the color red.

Placid is another troll who claims her personal self to not exist or to be empty, claims her personal consciousness is empty, but it can also be full, or maybe half something? (depends on how confused she is.)
Claims we are all part of the shared christ consciousness BS, claims everyone has this same consciousness, claims photons and electrons are not real (yet is using a device that require electrons to function), claims you're not the only observer when you're looking at the moon, but a photon also observes the moon, claims the moon also observes itself when you're not looking........
That's her ridiculous made-up non-advaita religious crap :lol: :lol:
Last edited by mirror93 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:paladin:

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by SteveKlinko » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:16 pm

mirror93 wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:
Poodle wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:You think Consciousness is only in the Brain because that is the perspective that exists for you since you are currently trapped inside a Brain. If Science truly understood Consciousness then you could legitimately make the statements in your post. But you are just spewing your Beliefs about Consciousness. You know nothing about Consciousness. You don't even know that you don't know anything about Consciousness. Everything is still on the table with regard to Consciousness. Your Beliefs might be proven correct someday. That day is not here yet.
If I were you, Steve, I'd read (very carefully) what you just posted, because everything you said applies equally to your own statements.
But there are people on this thread that claim to know what consciousness is. They say the Hard Problem Is solved and that there is no Explanatory Gap. Whereas I promote that the Hard Problem still exists and the Explanatory Gap is still unexplained. What I say applies to everybody. Don't you get it, my whole reason for creating the Inter Mind website was to proclaim that nobody knows anything about consciousness yet.
No, you and Placid and some other trolls are the only idiots here who don't get what consciousness is. You both idiots have a personal agenda, that's why you capitalize the 'c' in consciousness, because you both trolls want us to believe that our brain consciousness is an illusion and that the real "consciousness" is in everything in the universe, and your argument for this obvious nonsense is the color red.

Placid is another troll who claims her personal self to not exist or to be empty, claims her personal consciousness is empty, but it can also be full, or maybe half? (depends on how confused she is.)
Claims we are all part of the shared christ consciousness BS, claims everyone has this same consciousness, claims photons and electrons are not real (yet is using a device that require electrons to function), claims you're not the only observer when you're looking at the moon, but a photon also observes the moon, claims the moon also observes itself when you're not looking........
That's her ridiculous made-up non-advaita religious crap :lol: :lol:
What is Consciousness?

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: teh intatarded mind

Post by mirror93 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:37 pm

SteveKlinko wrote:
mirror93 wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:
Poodle wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:You think Consciousness is only in the Brain because that is the perspective that exists for you since you are currently trapped inside a Brain. If Science truly understood Consciousness then you could legitimately make the statements in your post. But you are just spewing your Beliefs about Consciousness. You know nothing about Consciousness. You don't even know that you don't know anything about Consciousness. Everything is still on the table with regard to Consciousness. Your Beliefs might be proven correct someday. That day is not here yet.
If I were you, Steve, I'd read (very carefully) what you just posted, because everything you said applies equally to your own statements.
But there are people on this thread that claim to know what consciousness is. They say the Hard Problem Is solved and that there is no Explanatory Gap. Whereas I promote that the Hard Problem still exists and the Explanatory Gap is still unexplained. What I say applies to everybody. Don't you get it, my whole reason for creating the Inter Mind website was to proclaim that nobody knows anything about consciousness yet.
No, you and Placid and some other trolls are the only idiots here who don't get what consciousness is. You both idiots have a personal agenda, that's why you capitalize the 'c' in consciousness, because you both trolls want us to believe that our brain consciousness is an illusion and that the real "consciousness" is in everything in the universe, and your argument for this obvious nonsense is the color red.

Placid is another troll who claims her personal self to not exist or to be empty, claims her personal consciousness is empty, but it can also be full, or maybe half? (depends on how confused she is.)
Claims we are all part of the shared christ consciousness BS, claims everyone has this same consciousness, claims photons and electrons are not real (yet is using a device that require electrons to function), claims you're not the only observer when you're looking at the moon, but a photon also observes the moon, claims the moon also observes itself when you're not looking........
That's her ridiculous made-up non-advaita religious crap :lol: :lol:
What is consciousness?
You can google it, it's not that hard. But I see that you already made up your mind with foolishness
x3345545.png
con·scious·ness
ˈkän(t)SHəsnəs/Submit
noun
the state of being awake and aware of one's surroundings.
"she failed to regain consciousness and died two days later"

the awareness or perception of something by a person.
plural noun: consciousnesses
"her acute consciousness of Mike's presence"

the fact of awareness by the mind of itself and the world.
"your consciousness emerges from your brain"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:paladin:

User avatar
landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8820
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am

Re: teh intatarded mind

Post by landrew » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:47 pm

mirror93 wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:
mirror93 wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:
Poodle wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:You think Consciousness is only in the Brain because that is the perspective that exists for you since you are currently trapped inside a Brain. If Science truly understood Consciousness then you could legitimately make the statements in your post. But you are just spewing your Beliefs about Consciousness. You know nothing about Consciousness. You don't even know that you don't know anything about Consciousness. Everything is still on the table with regard to Consciousness. Your Beliefs might be proven correct someday. That day is not here yet.
If I were you, Steve, I'd read (very carefully) what you just posted, because everything you said applies equally to your own statements.
But there are people on this thread that claim to know what consciousness is. They say the Hard Problem Is solved and that there is no Explanatory Gap. Whereas I promote that the Hard Problem still exists and the Explanatory Gap is still unexplained. What I say applies to everybody. Don't you get it, my whole reason for creating the Inter Mind website was to proclaim that nobody knows anything about consciousness yet.
No, you and Placid and some other trolls are the only idiots here who don't get what consciousness is. You both idiots have a personal agenda, that's why you capitalize the 'c' in consciousness, because you both trolls want us to believe that our brain consciousness is an illusion and that the real "consciousness" is in everything in the universe, and your argument for this obvious nonsense is the color red.

Placid is another troll who claims her personal self to not exist or to be empty, claims her personal consciousness is empty, but it can also be full, or maybe half? (depends on how confused she is.)
Claims we are all part of the shared christ consciousness BS, claims everyone has this same consciousness, claims photons and electrons are not real (yet is using a device that require electrons to function), claims you're not the only observer when you're looking at the moon, but a photon also observes the moon, claims the moon also observes itself when you're not looking........
That's her ridiculous made-up non-advaita religious crap :lol: :lol:
What is consciousness?
You can google it, it's not that hard. But I see that you already made up your mind with foolishness

x3345545.png

con·scious·ness
ˈkän(t)SHəsnəs/Submit
noun
the state of being awake and aware of one's surroundings.
"she failed to regain consciousness and died two days later"

the awareness or perception of something by a person.
plural noun: consciousnesses
"her acute consciousness of Mike's presence"

the fact of awareness by the mind of itself and the world.
"your consciousness emerges from your brain"
You seem angry.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: teh intatarded mind

Post by mirror93 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:11 pm

landrew wrote:
mirror93 wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:
mirror93 wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:
Poodle wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:You think Consciousness is only in the Brain because that is the perspective that exists for you since you are currently trapped inside a Brain. If Science truly understood Consciousness then you could legitimately make the statements in your post. But you are just spewing your Beliefs about Consciousness. You know nothing about Consciousness. You don't even know that you don't know anything about Consciousness. Everything is still on the table with regard to Consciousness. Your Beliefs might be proven correct someday. That day is not here yet.
If I were you, Steve, I'd read (very carefully) what you just posted, because everything you said applies equally to your own statements.
But there are people on this thread that claim to know what consciousness is. They say the Hard Problem Is solved and that there is no Explanatory Gap. Whereas I promote that the Hard Problem still exists and the Explanatory Gap is still unexplained. What I say applies to everybody. Don't you get it, my whole reason for creating the Inter Mind website was to proclaim that nobody knows anything about consciousness yet.
No, you and Placid and some other trolls are the only idiots here who don't get what consciousness is. You both idiots have a personal agenda, that's why you capitalize the 'c' in consciousness, because you both trolls want us to believe that our brain consciousness is an illusion and that the real "consciousness" is in everything in the universe, and your argument for this obvious nonsense is the color red.

Placid is another troll who claims her personal self to not exist or to be empty, claims her personal consciousness is empty, but it can also be full, or maybe half? (depends on how confused she is.)
Claims we are all part of the shared christ consciousness BS, claims everyone has this same consciousness, claims photons and electrons are not real (yet is using a device that require electrons to function), claims you're not the only observer when you're looking at the moon, but a photon also observes the moon, claims the moon also observes itself when you're not looking........
That's her ridiculous made-up non-advaita religious crap :lol: :lol:
What is consciousness?
You can google it, it's not that hard. But I see that you already made up your mind with foolishness

x3345545.png

con·scious·ness
ˈkän(t)SHəsnəs/Submit
noun
the state of being awake and aware of one's surroundings.
"she failed to regain consciousness and died two days later"

the awareness or perception of something by a person.
plural noun: consciousnesses
"her acute consciousness of Mike's presence"

the fact of awareness by the mind of itself and the world.
"your consciousness emerges from your brain"
You seem angry.
I'm not :posting:
:paladin:

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: teh intatarded mind

Post by SteveKlinko » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:08 pm

mirror93 wrote: You can google it, it's not that hard. But I see that you already made up your mind with foolishness


con·scious·ness
ˈkän(t)SHəsnəs/Submit
noun
the state of being awake and aware of one's surroundings.
"she failed to regain consciousness and died two days later"

the awareness or perception of something by a person.
plural noun: consciousnesses
"her acute consciousness of Mike's presence"

the fact of awareness by the mind of itself and the world.
"your consciousness emerges from your brain"
My mistake. I thought you would know that I was talking about the whole point of this thread which is: What is the Conscious experience of Red?

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by SteveKlinko » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:27 pm

It looks like the Physical Monists are out of ammunition. Dualism reigns. They have resorted to Distractions, Obfuscations, and outright Lies. They sure seem to put in a lot of time doing this. I thank them for that. It's time to post the link: http://TheInterMind.com so people can see the real story about The Inter Mind.

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: teh intatarded mind

Post by mirror93 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:05 pm

SteveKlinko wrote:
mirror93 wrote: You can google it, it's not that hard. But I see that you already made up your mind with foolishness


con·scious·ness
ˈkän(t)SHəsnəs/Submit
noun
the state of being awake and aware of one's surroundings.
"she failed to regain consciousness and died two days later"

the awareness or perception of something by a person.
plural noun: consciousnesses
"her acute consciousness of Mike's presence"

the fact of awareness by the mind of itself and the world.
"your consciousness emerges from your brain"
My mistake. I thought you would know that I was talking about the whole point of this thread which is: What is ̶ ̶̷̶t̶̷̶h̶̷̶e̶̷̶ ̶̷̶c̶̷̶o̶̷̶n̶̷̶s̶̷̶c̶̷̶i̶̷̶o̶̷̶u̶̷̶s̶̷̶ ̶̷̶e̶̷̶x̶̷̶p̶̷̶e̶̷̶r̶̷̶i̶̷̶e̶̷̶n̶̷̶c̶̷̶e̶̷̶ ̶̷̶o̶̷̶f̶̷̶ ̶̷̶red?
your model of combining color entangled with your consciousness is not doing anything but proving you're a religious troll. you see red, you don't experience it, it has nothing to do with your consciousness
Last edited by mirror93 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:paladin:

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

The InterEtarded Mind is a foolish attempt to push his religion

Post by mirror93 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:07 pm

SteveKlinko wrote:It looks like the physical monists are out of ammunition. dualism reigns. They have resorted to Distractions, Obfuscations, and outright Lies. They sure seem to put in a lot of time doing this. I thank them for that.
Why are you making assumptions?? I'm not a "physical monist", Where did you read that when someone debunks your stupid religion you have to call them "physical monists"?? In your dualism religious book?
:paladin:

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Cadmusteeth » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:42 pm

Dogma has long polluted this discourse. (Steve will no doubt claim we’re being dogmatic)

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29545
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:15 pm

SteveKlinko wrote:It looks like the Physical Monists are out of ammunition. Dualism reigns. They have resorted to Distractions, Obfuscations, and outright Lies.
No Steve. You are just another nutcase, making an insane religious claim on our science based skeptic forum. You make hilarious religious claims and refuse to answer any direct questions about what you posted. Let's watch you run away again, for our entertainment..... :lol:
SteveKlinko wrote: "( Consciousness might have existed prior to the Big Bang and might have even been the cause of the Big Bang."
1) How can anything exist outside of the singularity to cause it to quantize and start the Big Bang? (It is clear you do not know what the Big Bang is.)

2) If consciousness evolved in physical bodies 13.2 billion years after the "Big Bang" how did consciousness travel back in time to cause the Big Bang? (This is your funniest bat-{!#%@} crazy claim)

3) How is you magical "non-physical religious consciousness" going to interact with anything in the physical world to cause the Big Bang?

SteveKlinko wrote:"The Evolution of life on this Planet is probably directly driven by Conscious experience."
1) If life took 3.2 billion years of evolution on Earth to evolve the first brain and thus consciousness, then how in hell can that same consciousness exist 3.2 billion years ago to cause evolution on Earth?

2) How can you modern evolved consciosness travel back 3.2 billion years in time to cause evolution on Earth?

3) How is you magical "non-physical religious consciousness" going to interact with anything in the physical world to cause the evolution?

Let's face it Steve, you can't answer any basic questions about your religion as you know is complete religious crap, that has already fallen apart. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Klinko.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: teh intatarded mind

Post by SteveKlinko » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:32 pm

mirror93 wrote:your model of combining color entangled with your consciousness is not doing anything but proving you're a religious troll. you see red, you don't experience it, it has nothing to do with your consciousness
Ok how do you See Red?

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: The InterEtarded Mind is a foolish attempt to push his religion

Post by SteveKlinko » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:35 pm

mirror93 wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:It looks like the physical monists are out of ammunition. dualism reigns. They have resorted to Distractions, Obfuscations, and outright Lies. They sure seem to put in a lot of time doing this. I thank them for that.
Why are you making assumptions?? I'm not a "physical monist", Where did you read that when someone debunks your stupid religion you have to call them "physical monists"?? In your dualism religious book?
Don't you believe that Consciousness is all in the Neurons?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29545
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: teh intatarded mind

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:48 pm

SteveKlinko wrote: Ok how do you See Red?
For the 10,000 time. Amimals evolved cones in their eyes to receive and distinguish between external electromagnetic frequencies. Our brains evolved to translate that information into a format that our minds can deal with, and this in humans is colour. We also evolved "tastes salty" to identify sodium chloride. We also evolved "randiness" in innate psychology to make us have more sex.

None of this made our consciousness separate from our human brain and go back in time to cause the Big Bang. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now start answering the questions I asked about your stupid religious claims.
Klinko.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 15520
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: teh intatarded mind

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:05 am

SteveKlinko wrote:
mirror93 wrote:your model of combining color entangled with your consciousness is not doing anything but proving you're a religious troll. you see red, you don't experience it, it has nothing to do with your consciousness
Ok how do you See Red?
You should be banned for being too stupid.....and yet, you can post. Amazing. If you really don't understand how red is seen, you really should go away and read a few books, articles, …..OK....google a bit as that is the easiest.


How we see colors: one of the best documented, reported on, understood, and demonstrable subjects there is. Silly to pose it as a question.

..........for shame.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by SteveKlinko » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:11 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:It looks like the Physical Monists are out of ammunition. Dualism reigns. They have resorted to Distractions, Obfuscations, and outright Lies.
No Steve. You are just another nutcase, making an insane religious claim on our science based skeptic forum. You make hilarious religious claims and refuse to answer any direct questions about what you posted. Let's watch you run away again, for our entertainment..... :lol:
SteveKlinko wrote: "( Consciousness might have existed prior to the Big Bang and might have even been the cause of the Big Bang."
1) How can anything exist outside of the singularity to cause it to quantize and start the Big Bang? (It is clear you do not know what the Big Bang is.)

2) If consciousness evolved in physical bodies 13.2 billion years after the "Big Bang" how did consciousness travel back in time to cause the Big Bang? (This is your funniest bat-{!#%@} crazy claim)

3) How is you magical "non-physical religious consciousness" going to interact with anything in the physical world to cause the Big Bang?

SteveKlinko wrote:"The Evolution of life on this Planet is probably directly driven by Conscious experience."
1) If life took 3.2 billion years of evolution on Earth to evolve the first brain and thus consciousness, then how in hell can that same consciousness exist 3.2 billion years ago to cause evolution on Earth?

2) How can you modern evolved consciosness travel back 3.2 billion years in time to cause evolution on Earth?

3) How is you magical "non-physical religious consciousness" going to interact with anything in the physical world to cause the evolution?

Let's face it Steve, you can't answer any basic questions about your religion as you know is complete religious crap, that has already fallen apart. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Klinko.jpg
Nice picture but you are assigning words to me that I never said.

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: teh intatarded mind

Post by SteveKlinko » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:12 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote: Ok how do you See Red?
For the 10,000 time. Amimals evolved cones in their eyes to receive and distinguish between external electromagnetic frequencies. Our brains evolved to translate that information into a format that our minds can deal with, and this in humans is colour. We also evolved "tastes salty" to identify sodium chloride. We also evolved "randiness" in innate psychology to make us have more sex.

None of this made our consciousness separate from our human brain and go back in time to cause the Big Bang. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now start answering the questions I asked about your stupid religious claims.

Klinko.jpg
Your explanation of how we See Red clearly shows your ignorance about how we See Red.

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by mirror93 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:13 am

At this point I think Steve wants nothing but to promote his website here, he's not answering anything anymore, he is asking the same answered questions, and spamming more of his crap. he is simply clowning, trolling and advertising.. I think he deserves a ban
Last edited by mirror93 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
:paladin:

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: teh intatarded mind

Post by SteveKlinko » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:15 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:
mirror93 wrote:your model of combining color entangled with your consciousness is not doing anything but proving you're a religious troll. you see red, you don't experience it, it has nothing to do with your consciousness
Ok how do you See Red?
You should be banned for being too stupid.....and yet, you can post. Amazing. If you really don't understand how red is seen, you really should go away and read a few books, articles, …..OK....google a bit as that is the easiest.


How we see colors: one of the best documented, reported on, understood, and demonstrable subjects there is. Silly to pose it as a question.

..........for shame.
Your ignorance of the Philosophical question at hand is evident in your Sophomoric answer. You are still at the front end of the Visual processing. I want to know how the Conscious experience happens.

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: teh intatarded mind

Post by mirror93 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:20 am

SteveKlinko wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:
mirror93 wrote:your model of combining color entangled with your consciousness is not doing anything but proving you're a religious troll. you see red, you don't experience it, it has nothing to do with your consciousness
Ok how do you See Red?
You should be banned for being too stupid.....and yet, you can post. Amazing. If you really don't understand how red is seen, you really should go away and read a few books, articles, …..OK....google a bit as that is the easiest.


How we see colors: one of the best documented, reported on, understood, and demonstrable subjects there is. Silly to pose it as a question.

..........for shame.
Your ignorance of the philosophical question at hand is evident in your sophomoric answer. You are still at the front end of the visual processing. I want to know how the conscious ; blahblah; blah blah blah.
That's how you see red

:banghead:

you should try it
:paladin:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 15520
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:10 am

How one sees red is NOT a philosophical question...….well...….I do remember it as the first question in High School science class. But the answer was given immediately showing it was but nuts and bolts.

Unless.………...you define EVERY question as grounded in Philosophy? If so.....that is also silly. If everything has a common quality, that quality drops out of consideration.

Its Math.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29545
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The InterEtarded Mind is a foolish attempt to push his religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:23 am

SteveKlinko wrote: Don't you believe that Consciousness is all in the Neurons?
Yes Steve. We have now said that 1000 times.

Do you have one example of a consciousness existing away from neurons?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Klinko 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8820
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by landrew » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:25 am

I don't claim to know what I have no way of knowing.
That's the kind of skeptic I am.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29545
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: teh intatarded mind

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:27 am

SteveKlinko wrote: Your ignorance of the Philosophical question at hand is evident ...
There is no philosophical question at hand at all
1) You failed to provide any evidence of a conscious existing away from the physical brain.
2) You failed to explain how your non-physical consciousness travelled back in time to start the Big Bang
3) You don't know what the Big Bang or singularity, even is.

You are just another insane lunatic posting religious crap on a skeptic forum and avoiding any skeptical questions.
:lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29545
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:31 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: Its Math.
Steve doesn't believe in the standard theory of evolution.

Essentially Steve is saying "Humans see red in their minds .......therefore a whole lot of magic happened and consciousnesses went back in time to cause the Big Bang and evolution on Earth using more magic.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29545
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:46 am

mirror93 wrote: I think he deserves a ban
You can contact Pyrrho and probably have him banned tomorrow. The website Steve Klinko keeps linking to .......sells "Inter mind T-shirts" for commercial gain. :lol:

https://the-inter-mind.myshopify.com/collections/all
Intermind.JPG
Note that there is no "machine consciousness experiment". :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by mirror93 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:49 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
mirror93 wrote: I think he deserves a ban
You can contact Pyrrho and probably have him banned tomorrow. The website Steve Klinko keeps linking to .......sells "Inter mind T-shirts" for commercial gain. :lol:

https://the-inter-mind.myshopify.com/collections/all

Intermind.JPG

Note that there is no "machine consciousness experiment". :lol:
I knew he wasn't persistently promoting his absolute twaddle for nothing
:paladin: