Reward pathway

What you think about how you think.
MattMVS7
Poster
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 11:52 pm

Reward pathway

Post by MattMVS7 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:21 am

I had a composing dream to live for. My belief in the afterlife is what inspired my composing and nothing else inspired my composing. But that reward pathway (inspiration) has been deleted since I no longer believe in the afterlife anymore. Therefore, I am no longer inspired to compose anymore and have given up on it. How long does it take for a new reward pathway to be created in my brain so that I can be inspired to compose again?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Reward pathway

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:13 am

MattMVS7 wrote:How long does it take for a new reward pathway to be created in my brain so that I can be inspired to compose again?
You have a few basic problems.

You can't play any musical instruments, read music or write music, or for that matter, do anything that is related to composing.

Have you thought about taking up trolling? It takes no skill at all.

For lovers of Good music : Here are MattMVS7's 17 current compositions.
https://soundcloud.com/mattmvs7

MattMVS7
Poster
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 11:52 pm

Re: Reward pathway

Post by MattMVS7 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:17 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote:How long does it take for a new reward pathway to be created in my brain so that I can be inspired to compose again?
You have a few basic problems.

You can't play any musical instruments, read music or write music, or for that matter, do anything that is related to composing.

Have you thought about taking up trolling? It takes no skill at all.

For lovers of Good music : Here are MattMVS7's 17 current compositions.
https://soundcloud.com/mattmvs7
I plan on getting good at composing someday which was the reason why I created this topic and asked this question.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Reward pathway

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:28 am

MattMVS7 wrote: I plan on getting good at composing someday which was the reason why I created this topic and asked this question.
I started learning piano at 12. Are you going to find a teacher this afternoon.....or just talk endlessly about it?
piano courses.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MattMVS7
Poster
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 11:52 pm

Re: Reward pathway

Post by MattMVS7 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:31 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote: I plan on getting good at composing someday which was the reason why I created this topic and asked this question.
I started learning piano at 12. Are you going to find a teacher this afternoon.....or just talk endlessly about it?

piano courses.jpg
Without my inspiration, then I am not even going to pursue composing. I need that new reward pathway to be developed in my brain and I need to know how long it will take to fully develop so that I can fully have my inspiration for composing back to me.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Reward pathway

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:37 am

MattMVS7 wrote: I am not even going to pursue composing.
Thank god for that. I have heard your previous "work".

(Either that or some one has stolen a pre-interrogation, "audio- softening" audio-file from the Guantanamo Bay detention camp)
Audio fun.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Matthew Ellard on Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

MattMVS7
Poster
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 11:52 pm

Re: Reward pathway

Post by MattMVS7 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:41 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote: I am not even going to pursue composing.
Thank god for that. I have heard your previous work.
But anyway, this is a topic about the brain and I am here to discuss that issue instead. How long will it take for this new reward pathway to be created?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Reward pathway

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:51 am

MattMVS7 wrote: But anyway, this is a topic about the brain and I am here to discuss that issue instead. How long will it take for this new reward pathway to be created?
Do you mean like that experiment with Pavlov's dog? We ring a bell and you start composing?
pavlov_classical_conditioning_dogs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MattMVS7
Poster
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 11:52 pm

Re: Reward pathway

Post by MattMVS7 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:55 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote: But anyway, this is a topic about the brain and I am here to discuss that issue instead. How long will it take for this new reward pathway to be created?
Do you mean like that experiment with Pavlov's dog? We ring a bell and you start composing?

pavlov_classical_conditioning_dogs.jpg
When I am inspired, that is the activity of the reward system in the brain. That activity is gone now since the afterlife is what inspired my composing and I no longer have the belief in the afterlife anymore. However, I heard that the brain creates new pathways and I am wondering how long it will take before my brain restores my inspiration. But this time, it would be inspiration without my belief in the afterlife.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Reward pathway

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:07 am

MattMVS7 wrote: When I am inspired, that is the activity of the reward system in the brain.
Well isn't it bad news for you then, that you can't play any musical instruments. for when you are inspired.

Have you ever thought of the non-inspirational, hard work of leaning and practising music for an hour every day for twenty years? That's what composers do first. There are no short cuts.
pavlovdogconditioning-white.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MattMVS7
Poster
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 11:52 pm

Re: Reward pathway

Post by MattMVS7 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:09 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote: When I am inspired, that is the activity of the reward system in the brain.
Well isn't it bad news for you then, that you can't play any musical instruments. for when you are inspired.

Have you ever thought of the non-inspirational, hard work of leaning and practising music for an hour every day for twenty years? That's what composers do first. There are no short cuts.

pavlovdogconditioning-white.jpg
I'm not here to talk about composing. I am talking about the brain. Could you please answer my question as to how long it takes for this new reward pathway to develop?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Reward pathway

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:17 am

MattMVS7 wrote: I'm not here to talk about composing. I am talking about the brain. Could you please answer my question as to how long it takes for this new reward pathway to develop?
Well...... we first have to tie you into a harness like Pavlov's dog. I will then ring a bell every time you feel inspired to compose songs, or simply dribble more than usual.

After five months, we will put you on a stage, in front of a large audience, and ring that same bell. We should get one of the "hoped for" results.

MattMVS7
Poster
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 11:52 pm

Re: Reward pathway

Post by MattMVS7 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:20 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote: I'm not here to talk about composing. I am talking about the brain. Could you please answer my question as to how long it takes for this new reward pathway to develop?
Well...... we first have to tie you into a harness like Pavlov's dog. I will then ring a bell every time you feel inspired to compose songs, or simply dribble more than usual.

After five months, we will put you on a stage, in front of a large audience, and ring that same bell. We should get one of the "hoped for" results.
Actually, now that we are on the topic of my composing, I have composed a song. It is my best song:

[ytube][/ytube]

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Reward pathway

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:11 am

MattMVS7 wrote: I have composed a song. It is my best song
[ytube][/ytube][/quote]

Yes indeed, it is your best composition, Mark.
You loaded it up last night just for me. How sweet of you!


How's the trolling business going? I have been observing your current "trolling theme" especially, on the mental illness forums, where you alternate between threatening violence to moderators and then suicide, every time people identify you as a troll. You are "a natural" at feigning mental illness. :D

However, you have been a bit sloppy though in copying your opening post onto so many forums. That's how we caught you before remember?

Also you need to shake up your "posting times" regime. That's what the professional trolls do nowadays, to avoid their previous incarnations from being identified.
:mrgreen:

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34963
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Reward pathway

Post by Gord » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:27 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote: But anyway, this is a topic about the brain and I am here to discuss that issue instead. How long will it take for this new reward pathway to be created?
Do you mean like that experiment with Pavlov's dog? We ring a bell and you start composing?

pavlov_classical_conditioning_dogs.jpg
Trivia time!

Pavlov didn't use a bell. But he did use a metronome, a harmonium, a buzzer, and electric shock.

He killed a lot of dogs....
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

MattMVS7 has been cured

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:30 am

Isn't this good news MattMVS7.

You made your best composition and loaded it up on to you Tube only last night. This means you have been "inspired again" and you are now cured. :D

You can now leave the forum and tell everyone that the skeptics cured you. :mrgreen:

Before you go, you need to donate $100 to the Skeptic Society for their fantastic service in providing this forum, to cure people like yourself.
http://www.skeptic.com/get_involved/donate/

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10846
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Reward pathway

Post by Poodle » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:49 am

I think it's a work of sheer genius. His subtle use of accidentals scattered throughout the apparently unstructured periods of semi-silence is redolent of Rachmaninov at his most inventive. He's wasted at Zelda.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Reward pathway

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:02 am

MattMVS7 wrote:How long does it take for a new reward pathway to be created in my brain so that I can be inspired to compose again?
According to the post times on the forum, I cured you in five days and three hours.

I'm glad you are back to composing again and found that listening to sensible skeptics, was your....Reward Pathway.
A skeptic I found has cured the boy.JPG
Now go sign up for those piano lessons....off you go boy!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

MattMVS7 has been cured

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:04 am

Now for the Feature film!

MattMVS7
Poster
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 11:52 pm

Re: Reward pathway

Post by MattMVS7 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:13 am

Here's something else that is hopefully better:

[ytube][/ytube]

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

MattMVS7 has been cured

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:33 am

MattMVS7 wrote:Here's something else that is hopefully better
You haven't thanked me for "curing" you yet. :lol:

Why are you still trolling on this forum, if you are now cured?

The Artist's Work
Now for MattMVS7's cinematic masterpiece and theme music extravaganza, that allowed for this long term, trolling adventure and to play with the fish, for as long as possible, to wear them out.