Life without a centre.

What you think about how you think.
Lausten
Persistent Poster

Re: Life without a centre.

Post by Lausten » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:01 am

placid wrote: I did click on this link but what was I supposed to look at? was I supposed to sift through loads and loads of words to get to something specific? maybe it would help if you could bold out exactly what it was you wanted me to look at to give you an opinion on? and then maybe now we can meet on some level playing field instead of being negative toward each other, that's if you are still interested.
The link about James Gates is here. You responded to the post, but obviously didn't click the link. Maybe you just need to slow down. Forum discussions can be a confusing place when you're starting out.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Post-bloom

Post by Poodle » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:31 am

placid wrote:
Poodle wrote:

You have some nerve. I would remind the forum that my words came in response to your obnoxious attempt to redefine the activities of a certain Adolf Hitler, and I stand by what I said. Deleting the posts in which you so exposed your distasteful attitudes changes nothing. Please refrain, in future, from quoting me out of context.
I could say that about you as well, maybe you have quoted me out of context.This is not about pushing other's down into a little box to make us look better and bigger, it's about mutual understanding about the nature of who we really are. I attempted to say something that you interpreted as distasteful which was not my intent at all. But hey perceive my words as you like it's your point of observation, it's the programme you are tuned into, it's none of my business if that's how you choose to perceive reality.

Going back to my post about Adolf Hitler which I still stand by.

I said Adolf Hitler acts were an act of Love, which from my point of observation is all there is. He is LOVE but acted on his thoughts, which he assumed was his thoughts, he didn't have to act on them, he is not his thoughts, if he knew he was not his thoughts there might have been a different outcome. The consciousness acting through and as Adolf the body mind computer was choosing to experience that reality,when the body mind computer misidentifies itself as separateness with the deluded sense of survive mentality then he will create something that he feels he needs to defend. Consciousness is one unit, it is not at war with itself, it does not have the sense of survival mentality, it is already eternal, free, and abundant as pure energy, it is Love.... 'thoughts' arising in Consciousness are mistaken for the sense of separate self as 'thoughts arising within' which become the illusory world.
Consciousness /awareness looks on in detachment at the woes of the world because it is Pure Love.
It is not a SELF,.... a self is a just a 'thought' which is illusory.
Consciousness /awareness is unconditional Love - it is the unconditional experiencing of everything that is on every level infinitely.

It was plainly clear that Adolf was acting on his 'thoughts' of which the consequences were felt, chaos ensued because of a misidentification by body consciousness, a sense of separateness.

Adolf the name does not exist, except as concept, or thought - 'thoughts' exist.
A thought acting on a thought is the delusion we our self are creating, in the same way we create a computer game. The characters in the game have no power or independent existence apart from the programmer. We are the programmer, not the programme. The characters only have power when the programmer give them power.
Adolf probably did not know that he was not his separate name and form, or that he was infinite consciousness, maybe he did I don't know.

My point throughout all my discussions is that we are not our name and form, we are points of observation or infinite consciousness expressing and experiencing itself as and through the body/mind computer. We have power to change the programme any time we like, if we don't like the programme we can change it by shifting our point of observation.

As consciousness we are not born, only the telescope is born, the point of observation.
Observation is infinite consciousness without beginning or end having a finite experience.
Nothing ever happens to Consciousness, the proof is known intimately, you experience changes in your body from baby to teenager, to adulthood to old age and eventually death. All these changes are taking place while the consciousness you are is not moving anywhere, or changing, it is the same consciousness you've had all your life.

You do not have to believe anything I am saying here, I'm not asking people to believe this, I am simply expressing a point of observation as the Consciousness I am. This is my point of observation, it is how I perceive my reality.
I cannot get into your's or any one else's world, neither can you get into mine, because all is one consciousness expressing itself infinitely, to know my world you would have to know a 'thought' but thoughts cannot know other thoughts for one very good reason.
Thank you for your wall of obfuscation. Your apologies for Hitler were read accurately by almost everyone who participated in your thread before you attempted to alter history. You may express yourself as you wish, but kindly refrain from quoting me out of context in support of your imaginary claims.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:56 am

Poodle wrote: Thank you for your wall of obfuscation. Your apologies for Hitler were read accurately by almost everyone who participated in your thread before you attempted to alter history. You may express yourself as you wish, but kindly refrain from quoting me out of context in support of your imaginary claims.
If you must identify with the story instead of where that story comes from - then you will be lost in the dream of separation and will suffer as you are doing now having to constantly defend your position. All possible realities exist now and only now in the only place there is which is consciousness which does not have a position.

If you do not understand the esoteric concept of consciousness then please refrain from making comments to my posts.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:58 am

Lausten wrote:
placid wrote: I did click on this link but what was I supposed to look at? was I supposed to sift through loads and loads of words to get to something specific? maybe it would help if you could bold out exactly what it was you wanted me to look at to give you an opinion on? and then maybe now we can meet on some level playing field instead of being negative toward each other, that's if you are still interested.
The link about James Gates is here. You responded to the post, but obviously didn't click the link. Maybe you just need to slow down. Forum discussions can be a confusing place when you're starting out.
Oh, thanks for the clarification. I am already a member of that forum.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:31 pm

placid wrote:
Poodle wrote: Thank you for your wall of obfuscation. Your apologies for Hitler were read accurately by almost everyone who participated in your thread before you attempted to alter history. You may express yourself as you wish, but kindly refrain from quoting me out of context in support of your imaginary claims.
If you must identify with the story instead of where that story comes from - then you will be lost in the dream of separation and will suffer as you are doing now having to constantly defend your position. All possible realities exist now and only now in the only place there is which is consciousness which does not have a position.

If you do not understand the esoteric concept of consciousness then please refrain from making comments to my posts.
Dear Gettinglessplacidbythemoment ...

I identify with nothing you would understand, and I most certainly do not suffer as a result of any garbage you may post here. You misunderstand the point of my objections. You say "If you do not understand the esoteric concept of consciousness then please refrain from making comments to my posts". Well, no - I will do no such thing, should I wish to respond to any of your posts, because this a is a forum, and I'm sure I don't have to explain to you what that word means. This is also a forum dedicated to scientific skepticism, but that definitely is a concept which completely escapes you and others of your ilk.

I reiterate ... if you make a claim, as you did, and quote one of my posts in support of that claim, and if that quotation is taken so far out of context that it may as well be called Pluto, then I am perfectly entitled to respond and point out the error of your ways. This I have done, complete with a demand that you desist from using my words to support your fallacious claim. Your response, as usual, is more gobbledeygook. You have every right to post gobbledeygook. Everyone else has a right to respond, and especially in the face of your juvenile attempt to cover your tracks and then run blatant false trails. I don't need to lay false trails - you said what you said about Hitler and I'm afraid that you cannot change the definition of the English language in accordance with the tenets of pseudo-Buddhism.

Once again, I request (for the third time) that you do not quote me out of context to support your erroneous statements. A simple apology would do the trick, then I could go back to my normal position of not seeing a single post you make.

TJrandom
True Skeptic

Post by TJrandom » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:53 pm

placid wrote: ... Going back to my post about Adolf Hitler which I still stand by.

I said Adolf Hitler acts were an act of Love ...
Despicable, simply despicable.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:21 pm

TJrandom wrote:
placid wrote: ... Going back to my post about Adolf Hitler which I still stand by.

Consciousness acting as and through the character Adolf Hitler - is acting upon itself only.
It is unconditional non-judgemental Love permitting everything.

There is only ONE of us here. Nothing here to fear, if you fear, then you live a lie.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:29 pm

Poodle wrote:Once again, I request (for the third time) that you do not quote me out of context to support your erroneous statements.A simple apology would do the trick,
Oooh, 3rd time lucky for an apology........NOT!
Poodle wrote:then I could go back to my normal position of not seeing a single post you make.
Excellent....okay then off you toodle poodle.
Last edited by placid on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TJrandom
True Skeptic

Post by TJrandom » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:33 pm

placid wrote:
TJrandom wrote:

Consciousness acting as and through the character Adolf Hitler - is acting upon itself only.
Adolf Hitler was not a character. He was a man - a brutal murderous man who was responsible for the greatest number of humans killed ever.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:40 pm

Poodle

You have every right to post gobbledeygook. Everyone else has a right to respond,
If I am posting senseless or pretentious language, usually designed to obscure an issue, and confuse a listener, then yes it is your right to respond, so respond away, but not by name calling ....
SLIME

This is not the correct approach... :roll: :oops:

If you want to act like the big look at me I'm a skeptic on a mission role, then fulfil your role minus sword in hand, and prove there is no validity or authenticity to my posts.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:44 pm

TJrandom wrote:
placid wrote:
TJrandom wrote:

Adolf Hitler was not a character. He was a man - a brutal murderous man who was responsible for the greatest number of humans killed ever.
That's only what you have been conditioned to believe, if that's what you continue to believe then that will become your reality, you only attract into your reality that what you yourself are and believe.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:52 pm

TJrandom wrote:
No one has ever seen a man.

Is the man reading the news on your tv a man or an image of a man?

Is there a man inside the man? have you ever dissected a man and found the man inside the man? you may find some giblets, but where is the man?

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:35 pm

placid wrote:
Poodle

You have every right to post gobbledeygook. Everyone else has a right to respond,
If I am posting senseless or pretentious language, usually designed to obscure an issue, and confuse a listener, then yes it is your right to respond, so respond away, but not by name calling ....
SLIME

If you want to act like the big look at me I'm a skeptic on a mission role, then fulfil your role minus sword in hand, and prove there is no validity or authenticity to my posts.
I have nothing to prove. Slime is what I called you and, given the evidence of your current postings desperately attempting to establish old Adolf as nothing out of the ordinary, slime is what you remain. I flatly refuse to give any credence to your naive expectation that anyone could look at the matter in any other way.

This is not acting big :shock: and nor do I have to prove that there is no validity in your attitude to possibly the most murderous human being ever to have existed - that's been done to death and is undeniable.

But there you go again - a ridiculous attempt to misinterpret my words. You are an apologist for Hitler - of that there is no doubt whatsoever - and you are a weasel wordsmith of little talent. You still fail to see that your attempts to redefine history - both in what Hitler did and in what I originally posted about - are as nebulous as your normal subject matter. You are - now, in the past and, I have no doubt, in the future - posting senseless and pretentious language, inviting people to respond, and then ignoring any response you get. However, I have no great objection to that per se - if you want to continue to make a fool of yourself, that's your prerogative.

Then there's "I'm a skeptic on a mission". I'm sick of telling you what this forum is. It does not say "Fluffy Bunny Appreciation Society" at the top. It does not say "Post what you like or not, man, cos it's like immaterial bro". The people here (with prominent exceptions) are the kind of people you'd expect on a forum with the name this one has. I don't know what you expected when you joined - but you were wrong.

Onward - there's "... then fulfil your role minus sword in hand, and prove there is no validity or authenticity to my posts". Yet again, we see evidence of the lack of either the ability or the will to read. YOU are the one delivering the lectures - see Rule 1. But even then, it would be an impossible task as you actually say very little. You use a lot of words to say it, but all your philosophy boils down to is extreme negativism.

Of course, all of this is by the by. You have blown up my simple request to you to cease taking my words out of context out of all proportion. But my request remains. Stop doing it.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:38 pm

placid wrote:
TJrandom wrote:

It is unconditional non-judgemental Love permitting everything.

There is only ONE of us here. Nothing here to fear, if you fear, then you live a lie.

Argumentum ad fortune cookie.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:21 pm

AFAIK, every single one of her gurus has been debunked and/or shown to be in it for the attention and money.

Except the one she won't touch. Who says it really does not matter - no thing matters - and so takes away her purpose and meaning.
Lard, save me from your followers.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:35 pm

Poodle wrote:
placid wrote:
Poodle

SLIME

I have nothing to prove.
You call me slime because in your opinion I'm an apologist for some one that only exists as an idea. How deluded.But your entitled to hold onto your delusions.

How do you know that I am posting gobbledegook if you say you have nothing to prove?

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:40 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:AFAIK, every single one of her gurus has been debunked and/or shown to be in it for the attention and money.

Except the one she won't touch. Who says it really does not matter - no thing matters - and so takes away her purpose and meaning.
I am my own guru, meaning there is no such thing as a guru.

''Those Who Mind Don’t Matter, and Those Who Matter Don’t Mind.''

''Of all the the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most''

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:41 pm

tedtalks----Busby----What is wrong with the scientific method?-----

".
Last edited by gorgeous on Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:43 pm

Why are you posting if there's nothing to prove?

in response to Poodle, placid wrote: You call me slime because in your opinion I'm an apologist for some one that only exists as an idea. How deluded.But your entitled to hold onto your delusions.

How do you know that I am posting gobbledegook if you say you have nothing to prove?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:44 pm

placid wrote:I am my own guru, meaning there is no such thing as a guru.
You're on the road.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:48 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote:Any one who is interested in the nature of reality is a scientist.
Complete crap. Scientists use the scientific method to test a hypothesis they have made about nature.

You write down your random unconnected thoughts on a public science forum, with no goal at all, because you suffer delusions that your random words make sense. You can't even form a basic hypothesis that anyone can test.

Go away.
------------------TEdtalks---Busby-----What is wrong with the scientific method.?------

."this scientific method that we have developed to understand the known universe, reaches the limits of its effectiveness where it as a process, at best measures reality as our senses and current use of our mental faculties are able to process physical existence.

Make no mistake. the sciences of the mind are in their infancy and ,coincidentally, unaided, our senses (and by extension most tools we use in producing empirical data about our environment) are feeble when compared to those levels of acuity enjoyed by the vast majority of species on earth.

In short our perception of reality is not the true face of reality."----------------as I continue to say, because humans are flawed their theories and discoveries are flawed...we do not see all there is....our view of reality is flawed....
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:02 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Why are you posting if there's nothing to prove?

in response to Poodle, placid wrote: You call me slime because in your opinion I'm an apologist for some one that only exists as an idea. How deluded.But your entitled to hold onto your delusions.

I'm not posting. I am the posted.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:05 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
placid wrote:I am my own guru, meaning there is no such thing as a guru.
You're on the road.
No, I'm not on the road, I am the road.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:06 pm

placid wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Why are you posting if there's nothing to prove?

I'm not posting. I am the posted.
You read that in a beer-reviewed article, right?

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:13 pm

Poodle

I don't know what you expected when you joined - but you were wrong.
I have no expectations when I go into virtual mode, for one very good reason.

Consciousness trying to confine itself to a conceptual format would be like light trying to shine on itself.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:40 pm

gorgeous wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote:Any one who is interested in the nature of reality is a scientist.
Complete crap. Scientists use the scientific method to test a hypothesis they have made about nature.

You write down your random unconnected thoughts on a public science forum, with no goal at all, because you suffer delusions that your random words make sense. You can't even form a basic hypothesis that anyone can test.

Go away.
------------------TEdtalks---Busby-----What is wrong with the scientific method.?------

."this scientific method that we have developed to understand the known universe, reaches the limits of its effectiveness where it as a process, at best measures reality as our senses and current use of our mental faculties are able to process physical existence.

Make no mistake. the sciences of the mind are in their infancy and ,coincidentally, unaided, our senses (and by extension most tools we use in producing empirical data about our environment) are feeble when compared to those levels of acuity enjoyed by the vast majority of species on earth.

In short our perception of reality is not the true face of reality."----------------as I continue to say, because humans are flawed their theories and discoveries are flawed...we do not see all there is....our view of reality is flawed....
The science elite and the powers that be are incredibly intelligent wise human beings, they know how the world works and how the mind can be easily programmed / brainwashed. Think ''Hunger Games'' ''predictive programming'' and that is our future, if we do not get ourselves wise and take back our power. If you are astute and intelligent you will see through their powerful game and know that without the players, they have no game.

Consciousness Science Kept Hidden

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:45 pm

placid wrote:
No, I'm not on the road, I am the road.
And all those guys that are double-parked in your ass?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Deep

Post by Scott Mayers » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:59 pm

Lausten wrote:
Scott Mayers wrote: Emphasis is placed on how well we can reference other people's efforts to be sure they get their earned copyright recognition. We are not allowed to 'own' our own independent ideas unless we can compete with the referee gatekeepers' capacity to screen out those they may simply ignore in favor of those they like.
Where did you get all that? How paranoid can you get? The scientific method is the exact opposite of a gatekeeper. Name one gatekeeper. And you're upset because you have to go to school to understand how the universe works? Have you ever looked at the equations that go into understanding the building blocks? That is brash anti-intellectualism at it's worst.
I'm not against education or science. I AM against the strict interpretation that the scientific method alone is ALL that science is. This has not always been the case. The 'gatekeepers' I refer to are those like the referees of established scientific papers who have the power to prevent one from publishing. They serve a purpose only because it was reasonable, before the Internet, to have a forum to communicate scientific ideas but were limited to how they could realistically publish everyone's views. I am extremely sufficiently qualified for many educational matters but have done this on my own. I even used my local University to determine the syllabi needed etc. I miss certain aspects of the formal education but make up for it in others.

The concern I have is NOT anti-intellectual, it is anti-authoritarian. I believe that my concerns are justified. I have many educated acquaintances from my local University that I hang out with occasionally and find that the authoritarianism I'm referring to very real. I know third and fourth year students, and even some professors, who lack certain things that I'd assumed they would know. I believe this is due to many complex reasons, some of which I pointed to earlier. But my emotional expression above is due to how I've noticed those in University tend to find insult to my own intellectualism. It's not that any of them disagree necessarily, it is often about ego. The same thing is what I recognized about many physics related sites which feign an openness but often deny others a capacity to engage in certain topics of just controversy (like the Big Bang, or Einstein's theories).

I actually agree to even the system as is with respect to certain practicalities. But the way I've noticed this gradual transfer from holding science to be 'tentative' with regards to the fringes of science (the very large or the very small) to a more restrictive means to prevent non-formally qualified individuals from being allowed to question the 'educated' authorities. It locks out those like myself from fair participation. I learned by a different path more similar to the traditional ways by asking questions and then seeking them through care and great investment on my own in both time and energy.

But just note that I'm sufficiently qualified in my own right. I'm forced, however, to prove myself constantly by merely admitting to lacking a formal degree. And my honesty is ALL that anyone can accuse me of since I can defend what I know quite confidently and easily. Just ask but be ready for the depth and willingness to participate or don't bother. Just don't demand that I require a badge from some institution you trust. I can assure you that half of them cheated to get where they are!!!
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:36 am

placid wrote:The science elite and the powers that be are incredibly intelligent wise human beings, they know how the world works and how the mind can be easily programmed / brainwashed.
There is no such thing as 'brainwashing". No scientist believes in "brainwashing". Your entire knowledge of science comes from TV movies you watched as a child. It is you who has "the baggage".
placid wrote:I said Adolf Hitler acts were an act of Love.
That's because you are an ignorant hippy, who has never read a history book. You simply smoke bongs all day and annoy normal people on the internet, with your stoned ramblings.
hitler_hippy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:08 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote:The science elite and the powers that be are incredibly intelligent wise human beings, they know how the world works and how the mind can be easily programmed / brainwashed.
There is no such thing as 'brainwashing". No scientist believes in "brainwashing". Your entire knowledge of science comes from TV movies you watched as a child. It is you who has "the baggage".
placid wrote:I said Adolf Hitler acts were an act of Love.
That's because you are an ignorant hippy, who has never read a history book. You simply smoke bongs all day and annoy normal people on the internet, with your stoned ramblings.
hitler_hippy.jpg
Love the sinner, hate the sin. We are fallen angels...Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
Paradise Lost.

TJrandom
True Skeptic

Post by TJrandom » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:29 am

placid - you were doing better when your posts read ..........

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:32 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:There is no such thing as 'brainwashing". No scientist believes in "brainwashing". Your entire knowledge of science comes from TV movies you watched as a child. It is you who has "the baggage".
Matt, anyone can experience the kingdom of heaven, but in order to enter you must leave the little monkey outside the door.
That's because you are an ignorant hippy, who has never read a history book. You simply smoke bongs all day and annoy normal people on the internet, with your stoned ramblings
The only history book worth reading is ''his story'' only to realise it's not actually ''his story'' rather it's the ''fairy's story''
I never smoked weed or taken drugs or alcohol in my life. Never needed them, I am naturally high, I was born this way. I didn't need to get there artificially to a place that I've always lived, therefore cannot leave.

I don't mind being thought of as an idiot or what ever else you want to bash me with ........I love it.. so bash me bash me, at least it makes one feel alive.

THE PRESENT IS YOUR GIFT.....all unwanted gifts are returned to sender.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:42 am

TJrandom wrote:placid - you were doing better when your posts read ..........
Thanks...I agree. I delete when the baggage gets heavy.

"If you are depressed, you are living in the past...

If you are anxious, you are living in the future...

but if you are at peace, you are living in the present."
Last edited by placid on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:44 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: You simply annoy normal people on the internet,
I'm annoying people because I love them.

Don't faint!

The Truth Is, Everyone Is Going To Hurt You. You Just Got To Find The Ones Worth Suffering For. ― Bob Marley

This moment is the only one that we ever really have.
If we are not in it completely, we are not fully experiencing life & the world around us.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:07 am

Poodle wrote:

You have some nerve. I would remind the forum that my words came in response to your obnoxious attempt to redefine the activities of a certain Adolf Hitler, and I stand by what I said. Deleting the posts in which you so exposed your distasteful attitudes changes nothing. Please refrain, in future, from quoting me out of context.

The only place Adolf Hitler exists is in your mind.

To be continually angst by this mental projection your mind is wounded - lose it or use it - but never let it use you.

Everyday you are given the gift of a blank cheque - to start afresh and to be come better than before - why waste the present dwelling on that which cannot be.....come, because it's gone.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:51 am

Scott Mayers wrote:
The concern I have is NOT anti-intellectual, it is anti-authoritarian.
I really love this intelligence. To innately know there is no overall authority on knowledge as all knowledge is illusory.

Many authors appear, but only one reader reads the writing no one ever writ ..........

''I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.''

Immortality, nothing can touch this.

Tis only through a Woman that a Man can get to Heaven....She will show you Love...Long is the way
And hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light. Woman as in being the Reflection (EVE) of (ADAM) the Atom.

Thanks for your wisdom Scott.

OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Persistent ponderer

Post by OutOfBreath » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:19 am

placid wrote:Thanks...I agree. I delete when the baggage gets heavy.
Remind us again why we should bother engaging with you?

Peace
Dan
What is perceived as real becomes real in its consequences.

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:26 am

OutOfBreath wrote:
placid wrote:Thanks...I agree. I delete when the baggage gets heavy.
Remind us again why we should bother engaging with you?
Peace
Dan

OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Persistent ponderer

Post by OutOfBreath » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:30 am

...to which you respond with a blank. That's it, you made my ignore list.

Peace
Dan
What is perceived as real becomes real in its consequences.

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:44 am

placid, I just made this up, and I want to know if this makes any sense to you:

"There is no you. There is only you."
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.