Life without a centre.

What you think about how you think.
placid
Frequent Poster

Life without a centre.

Post by placid » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:42 am

Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Re: Life without a centre.

Post by TJrandom » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:28 am

placid wrote:.... It is the Natural-allness upon which a new born baby first opens it's eyes.
Mommy`s tit?

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:28 am

Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:56 pm

Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Post by Lausten » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:19 pm

placid wrote:
TJrandom wrote:
placid wrote:.... It is the Natural-allness upon which a new born baby first opens it's eyes.
Mommy`s tit?
A baby doesn't know Mommy or tit, it doesn't even know it's a baby...these are meaningless concepts ascribed meaning only as they become known by name only - but you are not your name, you are prior.

“There is something I do not know, the knowing of which could change everything.”
My first thought was "deepity", but on further review: It's meets the first criteria of sounding profound. Next comes the question, is it true? And surprisingly, coming from placid, it is true. It's true in the broadest sense, as we learn about where our universe came from, it changes our perspective of everything. It's true on the individual level, if placid would read a damn book, it would change everything in her life.

Of course, the way she is using it, it's a deepity. Her underlying assumption is that she knows something we don't, and if we listen to her, accept her version of reality, it will change everything. Actually that's true too, but it will change it for the worse.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:24 pm

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Post by Lausten » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:11 pm

Once Rama asked Hanumana, who are you? Hanumana replied: When i don't know myself, i am your devotee, but when i know myself i am you.

I am the only one who can know my self, and then only as much as knowing one’s self is possible. None of us know what is really possible. Our bodies tell us to stop if we listen to the pain, but others go on and reach peaks we will never know. We are lied to by our selves every moment of every day. Luckily, we have each other. We can share our deepest most hidden experiences. Try to name them, even though the names are mere phantoms. Together, we can reach the stars. This is no longer simply a poetic notion, it is actually happening.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:12 pm

Regarding the title of the thread, did anybody ever say that life had a center?
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:19 pm

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:14 pm

placid wrote:
Monster wrote:Regarding the title of the thread, did anybody ever say that life had a center?

Life is an infinite sphere, whose centre is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere. You are that.
By saying "Life without a centre", it connotes that there was some notion that life had a center. Like somebody actually made that concept. I'm asking if anybody did. I've never heard of the notion of life having a center.

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Post by Lausten » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:48 pm

Monster wrote:
placid wrote:
Monster wrote:Regarding the title of the thread, did anybody ever say that life had a center?

Life is an infinite sphere, whose centre is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere. You are that.
By saying "Life without a centre", it connotes that there was some notion that life had a center. Like somebody actually made that concept. I'm asking if anybody did. I've never heard of the notion of life having a center.
This is like when The Prisoner asked the super-computer "why?", it couldn't handle it and fried it's circuits.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:30 pm

Maybe there is a center - but no life....

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:57 pm

"If I had a dick, this is where I'd tell you to suck it." Betty White, "Lake Placid".

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:03 pm

I don`t think I would want Placid anywhere near my center....

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Post-bloom

Post by Poodle » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:58 am

Life is a Highway - Rascall Flats.
Life is a Roller Coaster - Ronan Keating.
Life is a Runway - Equestria Girls (don't go there).
Life is just a Bowl of Cherries - Rudy Vallee.

There's a lot of disagreement about life. Yeah.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:46 am

placid wrote: A baby doesn't know Mommy or tit, it doesn't even know it's a baby...these are meaningless concepts
Placid, you can't get anything right about reality at all. Human suckling is an innate behaviour. The baby doesn't have to "know" anything. The baby simply does as it has been wired. You did this too.

Do you know what innate behaviour is?
Do you believe in evolution?

Behavioral Neuroscience: Learning to Suckle with Signature Odor
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 2212011360

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Deep

Post by Scott Mayers » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:12 am

I find placid here a little circular. Yet I am having a similarly related conversation elsewhere to which I applied an analogy of perspective differences:

If I faced placid and noted that he/she seems to favor combing their hair to the left, he/she might disagree, "No, I comb it to the right." This would prove that while we disagree to our statements, we may actually agree to the same definition of "left" and "right" subjectively.

Then, if he/she agreed, while it would appear as though we conform to the same idea, in reality, we either use different definitions of "left" and "right" OR he/she is adapting my 'authoritative' definition from my perspective only!
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:15 am

Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:38 am

placid wrote: A baby doesn't know Mommy or tit, it doesn't even know it's a baby.
Matthew Ellard wrote: Human suckling is an innate behaviour. The baby doesn't have to "know" anything. The baby simply does as it has been wired. You did this too. Do you know what innate behaviour is? Do you believe in evolution?
placid wrote: Yes I understand it is innate behaviour as it is in all sentient creatures.
Well then why did you make your stupid comment that a baby doesn't "know"?
placid wrote:My point is that we do not know anything directly, we know ....
You mean humans observe using their senses, but then use science to determine reality. You, as a person, simply never got to the "science" bit in your education. Bad luck.

Please take your hippy nonsense to another forum for non scientists like yourself.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:46 am

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:07 am

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:46 am

Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:57 am

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Post by Scott Mayers » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:33 am

placid wrote:
placid wrote:

First one must realise that they are the I Am.
They must realise that their entire perceived reality is a conceptual overlay and that the Iamness is it's geocentric centre around which the dream of separation revolves.
From that understanding can come the apperception that if they are aware of the I am...
-they could not be it.

The centre breaks free......identification shifts and Iamness becomes everywhere.
In actuality they are that Mystery which is aware of the I Am.

From within or from behind, a light shines through us upon things, and makes us aware that we are nothing, but the light is all.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
placid, I'm responding to both your responses above.

I understand the "I am" concept. But this implies a solipsistic stance that is defeated by you yourself. If you cannot predict precisely what I'll say next, this in itself is proof that there is some part of your world to which you lack knowing until it occurs. That is, the future is something distinctly separate from your perspective. AND if you could 'know' all, this very consistency would defeat your need to be consciously aware of it.

Try this, for instance: with no other physical movement in your periphery, stare at some fixed point on a picture or a spot on the wall, try to keep your eyes fixed and resist blinking. What 'should' occur is that you experience momentary blackouts. It is hard to actually maintain this perfectly as your eyes constantly move. But this suggests that when our senses lack change, it seizes to exist. This occurs with sound as well. If you've got some constant hum of a fan going, without realizing it, you lose sense of it consciously (unless it is competing with other sounds you are also trying to listen to). Another example is where you are experiencing a loss of time by either doing repetitive behaviors or something constant (like driving a vehicle on a long straight highway). These demonstrate that if you are perfectly consistent in your experience, you seize to experience at all. I-Am seizes to be when you can no longer recognize a difference in the truths/falsehoods completely contained in you.
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:48 am

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Post by Scott Mayers » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:57 am

On "The wild geese do not intend to cast their reflection ...", check out this wild goose's opinion on the matter:
[ytube][/ytube]

I think it's clear that he believes he has something to reflect. :lol:

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:10 am

Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Post by Scott Mayers » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:31 am

"I went to God just to see....and I was looking at me..."
Marilyn Manson's "The Reflecting God"
[ytube][/ytube]

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:37 am

Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Post by Scott Mayers » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:41 am

We began with an Adam (atom) of thought; And we end this day to what follows this reflected Eve (evening).

Goodnight.

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster

Post by Scott Mayers » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:51 am

P.S. When I proposed my signature statement, I thought there was a way to escape the mortal curse. Since then, I've tasted the fruit and became cursed immortally to regret it! It makes it harder to even fall asleep now.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:45 am

placid wrote:
Monster wrote:
placid wrote:

Yes, the idea of a centre was man-made ie: the saying ''centre of attention''

The concept ''centre'' I use as a pointer not as something actually existing. The saying life is an infinite sphere whose centre is everywhere is the same as saying life without a centre, because if it's everywhere infinitely - then it's nowhere at all.

Same as if you are infinite consciousness expressing itself as the many you could not be located, meaning your existence is illusory. Have you ever seen consciousness?

Life is only ever imagined..... But humans have taken that concept out of it's correct context, you think it means not real, and you are right, but then you assume your life is real without ever questioning the true validity of that notion. You don't seem to apply the imagined context to your actual experience.

I'm not aiming this at you personally, I'm generalising.
The "centre of attention" is an expression that doesn't say life has a centre. It seems like you're protesting against the word "centre" in all of this. Like the word "centre" shouldn't exist.

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Post by Lausten » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:54 am

placid wrote:
Any one who is interested in the nature of reality is a scientist. We're all scientists in the pursuit of self discovery and the inner workings of the cosmos.
Okay, "science" is not that well defined, but that's too broad. No.
placid wrote:
I agree while most mainstream scientists study the external reality, other's study the inner reality. What mainstream science overlooks is that reality was here long before any Phd scientist turned up.
What's "inner reality"?
Science does not overlook that at all. A basic understanding of linear time makes that obvious.
placid wrote:
Has science even discovered yet how and why the universe came into being? of course not otherwise we would not be discussing it right now.
Why do people like you think it's profound to mention this? You aren't "discussing" anything. You are making stuff up and putting it in the form of a discussion, like a 3 y.o. who says words in the form of a joke, then laughs at the end, but has no idea how comedy works.
placid wrote:
Okay so you might now want to mention cern and all that jazz but even this is not going to hold the answers, anything they do find will be exactly what the sages have been saying for thousands of years, and that is ..... ''what you are looking for is what's looking....'' everything will come full circle.
All science is doing is repeating over and over again what is already here. It's the universe, or consciousness at play, in a quest for self discovery because it's fun to experience itself.

Scientists get their reward via a certificate by being able to remember information that already exists, if they are good at remembering and applying that knowledge to paper, then they are deemed qualified without ever realising it's not their knowledge.

FYI ... Reality, or the self that want's to know, cannot replicate itself for one very good reason...go figure that one out with your scientific mind.
You're not even that good at it. You don't even know your sages. (That "fun to experience" thing is a good example of you making something up).
Yes, they get a certificate because they are smart. You can barely remember what you said two posts ago. You've got reality confused with knowing reality. FYI... Science is limited, it is limited to things that aren't made up.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:08 pm

Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:18 pm

Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:48 pm

placid wrote:
Any one who is interested in the nature of reality is a scientist.
And anyone who eats pussy is a lesbian. :roll: :lol:

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:56 pm

Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:51 pm

placid wrote:
Monster wrote: The "centre of attention" is an expression that doesn't say life has a centre. It seems like you're protesting against the word "centre" in all of this. Like the word "centre" shouldn't exist.
The sayer of the expression is LIFE

LIFE or consciousness what ever you want to call it expresses as and through language ( a human attribute)

The terminology ''centre of attention'' I'm using is an expression of LIFE expressing as the animate, inanimate / word and wordless world.

If I have to be wrong to make you right then you are just being ego reactive. We are both expressing our points of view which is LIFE, ever heard the expression THAT'S LIFE?
You know what? That's alright. Nevermind. I apologize for bothering you.

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Post by Lausten » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:45 pm

placid wrote:
Lausten wrote: You've got reality confused with knowing reality.
I'll take this part of your response only, since in the rest of your response, you appear to go off on a psycho babbling rant that does not interest me.

In reply to your opinion above.
Each has a unique window of perspective on reality as they perceive it, there are divergent ideas as to what defines "real" no one is wrong or right, one can only give evidence of what is their own experiential idea.
Right, that's KNOWING REALITY. You keep talking about people's individual reality as if that is reality, and lots of other things that insinuate you know something about reality that we don't.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:14 am

placid wrote:Any one who is interested in the nature of reality is a scientist.
Complete crap. Scientists use the scientific method to test a hypothesis they have made about nature.

You write down your random unconnected thoughts on a public science forum, with no goal at all, because you suffer delusions that your random words make sense. You can't even form a basic hypothesis that anyone can test.

Go away.