The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

What you think about how you think.
User avatar
Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5395
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Austin Harper » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:55 pm

Poodle wrote:But then the only people left would be the ones I agree with (most of the time). I like poking sticks between placid's bars. Her answers are so refreshingly ignorant.
Yeah, I don't have most people set to ignore. This one just shitposts too much nonsense in a row. They're not here for discussion, they're here to spout their pet theories and I don't think they're interested in reading anything we have to say. Note the 5 posts in a row without response from anybody.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by placid » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:37 pm

Poodle wrote:
placid wrote:
Poodle wrote:Placid, placid (sigh). When will you learn to read? I said I was giving you up for Lent. You DO know what Lent is? And WHEN Lent is?
Don't patronise ..
Hardly patronising - you simply read it wrongly. Again.
Placid is not the reader. There is no reader, there's just what's being written and the interpretation of what's written...you can see the writing, but can you see the reader? ...there are as many different ways of interpreting what is written that you care to imagine, nothing wrong or right with any interpretation, for no one has written what no one is reading, no one is watching, there is only the watching...there is no one behind those white balls of goo and pus, no matter how much you believe or wish there is....Here, there is only stories told by a fool signifying nothing. If you want to cling to your fictional story about yourself then fine, as for me, I'm just being myself the real fictional character singing away on a forum...no one makes the rules in this universe, there is no one running it that has overall authority as to what it has to be like saying this is how we do it...Why do birds chirp? ..because they can.

Be free, be fearless, may you live long and prosper.

And of course..see my sig below ..

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by placid » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:41 pm

Poodle wrote:
But then the only people left would be the ones I agree with (most of the time). I like poking sticks between placid's bars. Her answers are so refreshingly ignorant.


Be careful with those sticks, especially around wasp nests.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by placid » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:51 pm

Austin Harper wrote:
Poodle wrote:But then the only people left would be the ones I agree with (most of the time). I like poking sticks between placid's bars. Her answers are so refreshingly ignorant.
Yeah, I don't have most people set to ignore. This one just shitposts too much nonsense in a row. They're not here for discussion, they're here to spout their pet theories and I don't think they're interested in reading anything we have to say. Note the 5 posts in a row without response from anybody.
All discussion between two people is about two egos arguing about who is right and who is wrong. About who knows this and who knows that and can I win the other person over to agree with my side of the story. When you win someone over to agree with your side of the discussion you are happy, and that's all you are interested in.. you do not like it when someone disagrees with you, as it is human nature to always believe them self in the right. The customer is always right as they say.

So what's the point in any discussion, what are you trying to sell each other? all ego pride, nothing more than a silly game to pass the endlessness of nothing else to do with your endless time.

And that's why animals are luckier than humans, they just get on with life without muttering a word about it.

We're all going to die, no one wins the game of survivor.

You came from nothing you are nothing and you return to nothing...everything in the middle is just a dream no one is dreaming.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29852
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:35 pm

placid wrote:All discussion between two people is about two egos arguing about who is right and who is wrong.
As I said : You don't have any friends :lol:

"Hey john let's go get some dinner" "That's a great idea Pete"

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29852
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:38 pm

placid wrote:Placid is not the reader.
....yet confused placid is expecting us to read his religious spams.

However Placid is certainly the writer.
:lol:
placid wrote: Hitler's execution of the Jews was an act of love

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by placid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:47 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote:All discussion between two people is about two egos arguing about who is right and who is wrong.
As I said : You don't have any friends :lol:
I don't have any friends because I don't want any friends.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29852
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:50 am

placid wrote: I don't have any friends because I don't want any friends.
Well if your only potential friend was Confidencia, the religious troll, I can see your point. :lol:

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by placid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:50 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote:Placid is not the reader.
....yet confused placid is expecting us to read his religious spams.

However Placid is certainly the writer.
:lol:
placid wrote: Hitler's execution of the Jews was an act of love
It's funny how I'm accused of not being interested in the skeptics points of view here...and here you are doing same, not reading what I have to say.

I've already explained many times that many authors appear but there is only one reader reading writing no one ever wrote.

and you also have a warped and distorted sense of what love means...but no matter, this is common error of the identified self.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by placid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:54 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote: I don't have any friends because I don't want any friends.
Well if your only potential friend was Confidencia, the religious troll, I can see your point. :lol:
Yawn!

You are so predictable ...your comments are totally mind numbing plain boring.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10341
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Poodle » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:57 am

But ... but ...
Matthew is not the reader and Matthew is not the writer ... "there is only one reader reading writing no one ever wrote". So how is "You are so predictable ...your comments are totally mind numbing plain boring" something you can even conceive of in your smug little universe?
Typical - prick the artificial bubble of equanimity and there, for all to see, is the usual vapour-head desperately trying to imitate Buddha. You're simply not well-versed enough in your pretend philosophy to do this successfully, placid.
***WARNING***
INTERNAL INCONSISTENCY ALERT

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34135
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: My nightmare
Location: Transcona

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Gord » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:19 am

Austin Harper wrote:
Poodle wrote:But then the only people left would be the ones I agree with (most of the time). I like poking sticks between placid's bars. Her answers are so refreshingly ignorant.
Yeah, I don't have most people set to ignore. This one just shitposts too much nonsense in a row. They're not here for discussion, they're here to spout their pet theories and I don't think they're interested in reading anything we have to say. Note the 5 posts in a row without response from anybody.
You're right. Thanks for making me consider that.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by placid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:38 am

Poodle wrote:But ... but ...
Matthew is not the reader and Matthew is not the writer ... "there is only one reader reading writing no one ever wrote". So how is "You are so predictable ...your comments are totally mind numbing plain boring" something you can even
That's correct, there is no writer or reader...just writing and reading happening.

Well done.

Everything spoken here in this discussion is the voice of silence...aka no thing sounding.

But you can pretend there is little man behind the curtain if you like, if that comforts you.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by placid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:49 am

Poodle wrote: You're simply not well-versed enough in your pretend philosophy to do this successfully, placid.
I'd like to see you who ever you think you are make a brain from scratch.

Tony Parsons is probably better than placid at versing this...I'd love for you to go to one of his meetings and dare to refute anything he is saying, you wouldn't stand a chance ..he'll leave you that open mouthed you will be swallowed up so quickly you wouldn't have seen that coming.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10341
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Poodle » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:12 pm

Yeah, and my dad's bigger that your dad. Everything's made from scratch, ultimately. It's a marvellous material. I wish I had shares in the scratch mines.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by placid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:26 pm

Poodle wrote:Yeah, and my dad's bigger that your dad. Everything's made from scratch, ultimately. It's a marvellous material. I wish I had shares in the scratch mines.
You are the scratch mime fool.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10341
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Poodle » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:33 pm

I am the walrus. Doo doo be doop.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by placid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:39 pm

Poodle wrote:I am the walrus. Doo doo be doop.
KaaaaaaaaY

User avatar
Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5395
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Austin Harper » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:46 pm

Poodle wrote:I am the walrus. Doo doo be doop.
It's "goo goo g'joob", you heretic.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10341
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Poodle » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:16 pm

Frank Sinatra version, obviously.

joseph magrie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:37 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by joseph magrie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:40 pm

The replies to my first post on this site were very disappointing.
One reply said I was trying to plug my book. Another said I posted a wall of text. And another said I would not post again.

Yet another reply did not address the content my post directly (which was purely scientific), but, at least, commented about a statement regarding the tattvas of Eastern philosophy (mentioned in the intro to the book). Thank you for taking the time to investigate, though the subject of the tattvas is tangential to my post. However, even this reply referred to tattva as meaning thatness, and provided a link to wikipedia. Further research would have revealed to this person that there are 36 tattvas arranged in two hierarchies, each of which culminate in consciousness (see The Garland of Letters by Sir John Woodroffe). The point is that the hierarchies of the ancient tattvas parallel precisely the hierarchies of symmetry breaking as they are today described by the standard models of particle physics and cosmology.

My initial impression of this forum, although it is intended for skeptics, is that some of its members should be open to new ideas, discuss them objectively, and be more polite. So I leave my original post for anyone who cares enough to try to understand it.
Thank You

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29852
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:19 am

placid wrote: It's funny how I'm accused of not being interested in the skeptics points of view here..
No. You are only accused of being a complete idiot.

No one here thinks you have the brains to understand the scientific method and scientific skepticism.
:D

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29852
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:23 am

joseph magrie wrote:The replies to my first post on this site were very disappointing. One reply said I was trying to plug my book. Another said I posted a wall of text. And another said I would not post again.
You are very narcissistic. Did you comment on any of the posts people had made before you? No? So why the hell do you demand we immediately pay attention to you?

This thread already has two lunatics, Confidencia and Placid making ridiculous claims to skeptics. Wait your turn or start a new thread.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:03 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
No one here thinks you have the brains to understand the scientific method and scientific skepticism. :D
Did you just make all that up.

Hey, loop man, when you gonna get out of the groove, there is more to life than being stuck in the groove, the one you've dug yourself in..the only way out is back in.

Have you read the book...https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=i+am+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

All your replies are full of negative energy, you are constantly reacting to words on a computer screen.. how many different ways are you going to invent to piss yourself off ...what way can I piss myself off today is Matts motto.

You project your own madness onto others only because you can't deal with it.

Drinking your own poison and expecting the other one to die.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10341
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Poodle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:58 am

Dear me! You a very rude person, placid, and I think your parents should be sending you straight to bed with NO supper!

There - that's told her!

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29852
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Placid : The world's most confused Hippy

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:13 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote: No one here thinks you have the brain to understand the scientific method and scientific skepticism. :D
placid wrote:Did you just make all that up.
No Placid. Your posts are the evidence. :lol:

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Nikki Nyx » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:07 am

Angel wrote:The meek ~ :beamup: :beamup: :mm: :pc: :disco: :beach: :beach:
The meek will be abducted by aliens, treated to roasted marshmallows and popcorn, then bask under the scintillation of a disco ball? What happened to inhering the Earth?
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Nikki Nyx » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:09 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:The instant you see the poster is capitalizing nouns for no apparent reason, you realize you can safely ignore whatever s/he is saying.
placid wrote:Latent Awareness (Non-conceptual Aliveness) is who you really are. Consciousness /mind is on contact when awareness is aware of itself, in relation.
Thanks for proving my point! Image
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Nikki Nyx » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:13 am

placid wrote:There is no difference between animate and inanimate objects.
Here's a concept we can test empirically. The next time you go out in public, find a stranger sitting on a bench. Without a word, sit on his lap as if he were a chair. Come back and report the results of your experiment.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Nikki Nyx » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:25 am

Gord wrote:
...The correspondence between the symmetry principles of modern science and the symmetry principles of the ancient Tattvas is utilized to form a comprehensive theory about the nature and evolution of consciousness. An updated Eastern perspective is an essential component of the theory that adds the experiential aspect of reality to the worldview. Fundamental symmetry and oneness is today identified both in the unified quantum universe of the macrocosm, and within the integrated neural mental domain of the microcosm. The inevitable evolution of complexity into microcosmic, self-referential vehicles of consciousness evokes notions of self-responsibility and purpose. Intentional practices, such as certain techniques of mediation, have been empirically shown to mediate and restructure the nervous system in ways that facilitate achievement of personal goals and ideals, and the realization of harmony in the world.
Wha' da faaaaa'?

Was this written with help from a random sentence generator of some sort?
It reminds me of the title of Zebediah John Carter's dissertation, from Heinlein's The Number of the Beast. Carter undertook the task of earning an entirely meaningless PhD in Education by faking out the system. His dissertation title: "An Ad-Hoc Inquiry Concerning the Optimization of the Infrastructure of Primary Educational Institutions at the Interface Between Administration and Instruction, with Special Attention to Group Dynamics Desiderata." :mrgreen:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Nikki Nyx » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:18 am

joseph magrie wrote:Recent scientific advances provide the pieces which complete the puzzle of consciousness. In this article we will assemble these pieces into a coherent model, revealing that consciousness is an emergent and inevitable product of the evolution of the universe.
Evolution of the universe? Or the species?
joseph magrie wrote:We will see that there is a special branch on the tree of cosmic evolution—the “anthropic pathway”—which fosters the rise of complexity and the formation of the conscious human brain.
This part doesn't make sense to me.
Wikipeda wrote:The principle was formulated as a response to a series of observations that the laws of nature and parameters of the universe take on values that are consistent with conditions for life as we know it rather than a set of values that would not be consistent with life on Earth. The anthropic principle states that this is a necessity, because if life were impossible, no living entity would be there to observe it, and thus would not be known.
Sounds like circular reasoning. Life exists because life exists to observe life existing? :think:
joseph magrie wrote:The elementary particles that resulted from symmetry breaking in the early universe were able to bond into atoms and molecules. These composite structures exhibited emergent capabilities. For example, certain molecules, called catalysts, could activate particular chemical reactions in favor of others, resulting in networks of chemical interaction pathways and cyclic interdependencies, or complexity. Complexity thus dictated the utilization of environmental resources in a manner that selected for the fittest of systems.
"Selected" implies a selector, that is to say, a consciousness analyzing said resources and making choices. Or is that not what you meant?
joseph magrie wrote:Holistically closed systems exhibit the emergent proficiencies of self-referentiality, self-organization, self-renewal, and self-replication (whereas inanimate objects such as rocks and computers are not holistic because they lack the complexity to implement the “self”-proficiencies).
I'm afraid you've lost me again with the phrase "holistically closed systems." "Holistic" basically means "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts," so I don't understand using "holistically" as a modifier for "closed systems."
joseph magrie wrote:Living systems are open systems.
Er...didn't you just say that "closed systems" are the ones that "exhibit the emergent proficiencies of self-referentiality, self-organization, self-renewal, and self-replication? Yes, you did. Sorry, I'm confused again.
joseph magrie wrote:But in the phenomenal dimensionalities, salient qualia (the redness of red), memories, and abstract towers of meaning are selected and integrated, on the basis of maximal complexity, into transmodal informational objects of consciousness. In turn, these objects of consciousness serve the co-emergent, property-dual, experiential faculty of the human brain.
:shockd: Er..."phenomenal dimensionalities?" "Transmodal informational objects?" :sr:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Nikki Nyx » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:33 am

First, placid said...
placid wrote:And I really think you should stop insulting other peoples intelligence, it's such an ugly trait. Really unnecessary.
Two seconds later, placid said...
placid also wrote:...you closed minded idiot.
You are a hypocrite. This is not an insult; it is an observable fact. This is the third or fourth post of this type I've made today, pointing out your contradictory statements. You are more than prepared to dish out insults, but scream bloody murder when the sentiment is returned.

If you are unable to recognize your own hypocrisy when I have pointed it out to you multiple times, then I suggest it's time for one of your patented flounces from the forum...and quite a lot of introspection. Because, to be frank, you're being an {!#%@} to everyone who engages you. And that is an insult, one that you have earned by your behavior.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Nikki Nyx » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:01 am

placid wrote:It's funny how I'm accused of not being interested in the skeptics points of view here...and here you are doing same, not reading what I have to say.
I actually do read what you post. However, your grasp of the English language is so poor, much of what you post is nonsensical. Here's a perfect example:
placid wrote:I've already explained many times that many authors appear but there is only one reader reading writing no one ever wrote.
You've strung words together and slapped a period at the end, but this is not a sentence. The clause, "...but there is only one reader reading writing no one ever wrote," is gibberish. It's incomprehensible. It's not merely a misspelling, punctuation error, or grammatical faux pas that is still legible despite its errors; your clause actually has no semantic meaning.

Quite a lot of your posts are like this. So, no one can discern whatever meaning you're attempting to convey. Your sentences are as nonsensical as this: "Toothbrush giraffe climbs the savory mountain, begging for sarcastic linguini in the freezing sunglasses." Then, you insult everyone for failing to grasp your meaning when the issue is that you have failed to express it in standard English.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Nikki Nyx » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:04 am

placid wrote:
Poodle wrote:Yeah, and my dad's bigger that your dad. Everything's made from scratch, ultimately. It's a marvellous material. I wish I had shares in the scratch mines.
You are the scratch mime fool.
Poodle! You're a mime?! I had no idea. Can you do the "trapped inside an invisible box" one? :mrgreen:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 9249
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Aztexan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:15 am

I once watched a mime have a heart attack and die. I just thought he was a really bad mime, especially when he started screaming to call 911.
trump is Putin's bitch

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:10 am

Nikki Nyx wrote: Poodle! You're a mime?! I had no idea. Can you do the "trapped inside an invisible box" one? :mrgreen:
I thought you said you did know all this stuff?

No one ever said a word. No one ever had an idea.

They are the word, they are the idea.

No one Mimes to itself.. it's so funny isn't it? 8-)

Can you hear the sound of silence... :mrgreen:

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10341
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Poodle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:22 am

I believe that Nikki was actually poking fun at your semi-literate state. You know fun? You know - Fun. F-U-N fun.
No? You're no fun.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:32 am

Poodle wrote: No? You're no fun.
Speak for yourself.

There is only SELF...aka no one and everyone..aka same ONE

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10341
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Poodle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:42 am

No. There is only FUN ... aka errmmmm ... fun. You know - the thing you never have.

FUN is the first part of FUNdamental and FUNicular. Funny things, words - they have a habit of meaning something.
Last edited by Poodle on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by placid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:43 am

Poodle wrote:I believe that Nikki was actually poking fun at your semi-literate state. You know fun? You know - Fun. F-U-N fun.
No? You're no fun.
Aww, now why would one do a thing like that, that's not very nice is it..poking fun at the miracle of life itself, I'd like to see you try and make life from no thing....that's the work of a genius from where I'm looking :frown: I mean who could possibly pull something like that off...don't you think it is an amazing piece of magic to pull something like that off...or did you just think it all popped up out of thin air :lol:

Aww, did-dumbs..Am i no fun for you, Are you not getting anything from me, is that what you want, do you want something from me...is Nikki your imaginary friend...does she validate your existence for, does she give you what you want ..that being something you can relate to...are you not relating to this one here...oh did-dumbs.


There is no you without me, your mirror image...there is no one without other...same one, one imagined, one real.

Image

Doh!