What you think about how you think.
Angel
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: The difference between Awareness and Consciousness

Post by Angel » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:55 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Angel wrote:
Gord wrote:Why does this discussion have less than 40 posts but over 1600 views?
People want to know but they aren't
willing to stick their necks out only
to have you prople cut their heads off.
There is no shortage of people willing to present ideas for which there is no evidence, and which do not stand up to scrutiny. If they get their heads cut off, it is because they form an endless stream, wearing down the skeptics and empiricists, so the latter just bite, instead of engaging.
Skeptics are like henchmen .
No vision but their own. Birds of a feather
or so to speak with a mob mentality.
No mob mentality. Skeptics bite each other too.
I wouldn't want to come across you lot
outside a bar where you've been drinking
all night. I might be tempted to dominate
you hehe
Now you're being coquettish. :P
I'm being what ?
Are you proud of yourselves yet?
Being the big bully's that you are.
So you can break my heart. Big Deal.
May you all rest in my peace <3
Has A Nice Day :lol: <3

Ps ~ if you know who I am then why do you treat us so?

Angel
Frequent Poster

Post by Angel » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:03 pm

Become consciously awake!

*somewhere in a dark lit lab. Far below
the surface of the old wooden floor
boards. A person calling themselves ~
Doctor ? discovers sex*

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_sex- ... ion_system

X has 4 points
Y has 3 points
XX = 8 Jesus
XY = 7 God
YY = 6 man

What sex are you?
They say we are all the same ~ man
or woman. Better go back to the lab.
Oh wait ~ you can't ~ they tore it down. ;)

Angel
Frequent Poster

Post by Angel » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:31 pm

How many times do u need to be
told to do something before u start
doing it automatically ?

I choose ~ once.

Once up on A time..... LoL

mirror93
Poster

Post by mirror93 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:45 am

I see no article debunking this "consciousness is everything" or even worse "awareness is everything"...proclaimed by new-agers, anywhere. I see this a problem, because this is like contamining this new generation of idiots....... that's so ridiculous, it's really a mind game, a cult. If you really are honest to yourself, you would know that awareness is simply like a {!#%@} brain muscle that makes you aware of things, no big {!#%@}, yet, these guys make a religion out of it, it's subjective, it can fool you, so it works to hypnotize you into their {!#%@} boring cults. I'm yet to see a big video, in a big skeptic channel refuting these morons. but all I see, are skeptics worried about christians and their stupidity, who cares about christians? Geez
:paladin:

Dimebag
Regular Poster

Post by Dimebag » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:53 pm

mirror93 wrote:I see no article debunking this "consciousness is everything" or even worse "awareness is everything"...proclaimed by new-agers, anywhere. I see this a problem, because this is like contamining this new generation of idiots....... that's so ridiculous, it's really a mind game, a cult. If you really are honest to yourself, you would know that awareness is simply like a {!#%@} brain muscle that makes you aware of things, no big {!#%@}, yet, these guys make a religion out of it, it's subjective, it can fool you, so it works to hypnotize you into their {!#%@} boring cults. I'm yet to see a big video, in a big skeptic channel refuting these morons. but all I see, are skeptics worried about christians and their stupidity, who cares about christians? Geez
Well it's simply not true that consciousness is everything, therefore no need for any further refutation.

mirror93
Poster

Post by mirror93 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:44 pm

Dimebag wrote:
mirror93 wrote:I see no article debunking this "consciousness is everything" or even worse "awareness is everything"...proclaimed by new-agers, anywhere. I see this a problem, because this is like contamining this new generation of idiots....... that's so ridiculous, it's really a mind game, a cult. If you really are honest to yourself, you would know that awareness is simply like a {!#%@} brain muscle that makes you aware of things, no big {!#%@}, yet, these guys make a religion out of it, it's subjective, it can fool you, so it works to hypnotize you into their {!#%@} boring cults. I'm yet to see a big video, in a big skeptic channel refuting these morons. but all I see, are skeptics worried about christians and their stupidity, who cares about christians? Geez
Well it's simply not true that consciousness is everything, therefore no need for any further refutation.
But it can fool idiots to be repeating it everywhere, and it's boring

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:30 am

mirror93 wrote: I'm yet to see a big video, in a big skeptic channel refuting these morons.
As Dimebag says, there nothing tangible to refute. It is just a mixed bag of useless conflicting Chopra sayings.

To attempt to set out their belief system and debunk that, would simply create a self generated strawman argument.

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Post by Nikki Nyx » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:08 pm

The instant you see the poster is capitalizing nouns for no apparent reason, you realize you can safely ignore whatever s/he is saying.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:02 am

Latent Awareness (Non-conceptual Aliveness) is who you really are. Consciousness /mind is on contact when awareness is aware of itself, in relation. A movement within the non-mover via knowing.

So, there is the mind’s knowing and knowledge of being aware and there is simply being aware requiring no special knowledge or state of mind to be aware.
This knowing is self verifiable by direct perception (knowing without the mental narrative of knowing). This is so because awakened awareness is non-conceptual-prior to language.

This is basically very simple, only for simple minds. Just the one dreamer dreaming difference where there is none.

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:37 am

But Perceptual Non-Consciousness is surely unrealisable within the All-Encompassing Passivity? Only to be known in the Inneffable Unfeelingness of the Great Plethora?
I thought that was a basic Factitudinal Non-sense within Sensibility.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:52 am

Poodle wrote:But Perceptual Non-Consciousness is surely unrealisable within the All-Encompassing Passivity? Only to be known in the Inneffable Unfeelingness of the Great Plethora?
I thought that was a basic Factitudinal Non-sense within Sensibility.
Who but Consciousness knows this?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:01 pm

placid wrote:Latent Awareness (Non-conceptual Aliveness) is who you really are.
You have contradicted yourself. You previously said there is no such thing as "I" and now you are directly saying there is a "you".

Go post your contradictory Advianta Vedanta religious crap on a religious forum.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:03 pm

placid wrote: Adolf Hitler's execution of the Jews was an act of love
placid wrote:This knowing is self verifiable by direct perception
You are very mad, aren't you?

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:42 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Yes.

I'm proud to say I'm mad ..I can be what ever I imagine myself to be, creation is all mine :nownow:

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:43 pm

Paul Anthony wrote:
Angel wrote:
Paul Anthony wrote:gachchy,

You were doing so well until you mentioned chairs and tables. Let's not ignore the difference between animate and inanimate objects.
Depends on what they r made of?
No.

Animals, plants, insects,,,animate things may have consciousness.

Inanimate things are dead. A chair may be made of wood, but the tree died before the chair was made. If it didn't die, the paint or stain would have certainly kill it.
No. There is no difference between animate and inanimate objects. They are appearances of the same one unknowable source, namely here now, nowhere empty awareness. That which is appearing is not separate from what it is appearing in/on...just as a cloud is inseparable from the sky...they define each other and are mutually inclusive.
I think that's what gachchy was referring to. He'll correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure.

No object/thing/concept has consciousness.

Every ''thing'' is dead, there is no ''thing'' period. The brain being the recorder of life as it is living is just a recording machine, the eye balls are the camera, so what is it that seems to be here being a human?
The reality you believe to exist as a ''you'' is no thing more than a mechanically induced hallucination aka an illusion.

Don't be confused by this, the body is never confused, the body knows how to function, the brain knows how to function. And this functioning is happening all by itself.

This illusion of ''other'' is born of memory which is dead, or an image of your self in a photograph which is dead, further, there is an energy that has no identity that takes on an artificial identity as it identifies with these dead memories and images as though they actual exist now as real things, and that's all that is going on here. The ''you'' that ''you'' aka no one thinks and believes to be ''You'' can never see or know your original face because you already are it.

There is no ''thing'' living or dying here. There is Awareness of living and dying but awareness itself can neither die nor live.

This is reality. Every thing is alive and no thing is alive. Every thing dies and no thing dies.

But don't take my word for it, inquire this for yourself.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:29 pm

This is the dawning of the Age of Hilarious.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:34 pm

placid wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Yes.

I'm proud to say I'm mad ..I can be what ever I imagine myself to be, creation is all mine :nownow:
Can you turn yourself into a caterpillar?
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

joseph magrie

Post by joseph magrie » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:39 pm

What is Consciousness?

What gives us the ability to experience things, thoughts, and feelings? Is it a fundamental essence that permeates the universe? Is it a quality bestowed upon us by God? Is it the result of evolution? Indeed, given that a conclusive answer has eluded our understanding for millennia, despite the efforts of the greatest thinkers in history, we may ask if consciousness even exists, or have our brains somehow tricked us?

Recent scientific advances provide the pieces which complete the puzzle of consciousness. In this article we will assemble these pieces into a coherent model, revealing that consciousness is an emergent and inevitable product of the evolution of the universe. We will see that there is a special branch on the tree of cosmic evolution—the “anthropic pathway”—which fosters the rise of complexity and the formation of the conscious human brain.

Evolution along the anthropic pathway consists of six phases, beginning with the big bang and culminating in the human brain:

1) Symmetry
2) Symmetry Breaking
3) Complexity
4) Holism
5) Symmetry Integration
6) The Human Brain
Let us trace the course of evolution through each of these phases:

1) SYMMETRY

The laws of nature do not change when a system transforms from one configuration, or state, to another. Individually, each of the states that a system can occupy is said to represent the symmetry of its underlying laws. Collectively, all of the states that a system can occupy comprise its symmetry space. For example, the symmetry space for the spin of a neutrino consists of two possible states; according to the laws of quantum physics, the spin of a neutrino may be either clockwise or counterclockwise, and thus the symmetry space for the spin of a neutrino encompasses, in potentiality, both clockwise and counterclockwise states.

2) SYMMETRY BREAKING

At the big bang, all parts of the universe were indistinguishable. There was total uniformity, thermal equilibrium, and symmetry. But this state is unstable under the laws of physics—because quantum fluctuations produce mathematically inconsistent effects globally (pertaining to the whole) and locally (pertaining to the parts). As a result, the parent supersymmetry of the universe “broke,” which gave rise to a cascade of intermingling sub-symmetry laws that entail unidirectional time; the elementary particles and their properties, such as spin; the gravitational, nuclear, and electromagnetic interactions; and an entropic force conducive to self-organization. In our example of the neutrino, its spin symmetry space underwent further symmetry breaking shortly after the big bang: only clockwise neutrino spins have ever been observed in nature, while both clockwise and counterclockwise spins are prevalent in the unbroken symmetry space of the electron.

3) COMPLEXITY

The elementary particles that resulted from symmetry breaking in the early universe were able to bond into atoms and molecules. These composite structures exhibited emergent capabilities. For example, certain molecules, called catalysts, could activate particular chemical reactions in favor of others, resulting in networks of chemical interaction pathways and cyclic interdependencies, or complexity. Complexity thus dictated the utilization of environmental resources in a manner that selected for the fittest of systems.

4) HOLISM

Four billion years ago, inside the tiny chambers which riddled the walls of underwater vent structures, the complexity of catalytic systems advanced dramatically. These protective chambers were tranquil inside, yet were flooded with chemicals entering from the earth’s churning mantle below and the surrounding ocean waters. An extensive variety of large molecules, new catalysts, and self-modulating feedback and feedforward cycles evolved through continuous selection for complexity, which enhanced the overall strength and versatility of the intra-dependent chambered system.

Eventually, extremely complex chemical networks, termed autocatalytic sets, achieved holistic closure. Holistically closed systems exhibit the emergent proficiencies of self-referentiality, self-organization, self-renewal, and self-replication (whereas inanimate objects such as rocks and computers are not holistic because they lack the complexity to implement the “self”-proficiencies). The self-proficiencies, which characterize all living systems, are based in their own holism, and are governed by causal forces derived from that holism. These holistic forces represent laws of nature which are manifest in the symmetry spaces of living systems, or microcosms, in emergent dimensionalities that complement those of basic chemistry. After holistic closure was attained in the vent chambers—or a similar setting hospitable to the formation of stable polymer strands billions of molecules long—specialized organelles—such as ribosomes to synthesize bodily materials, mitochondria to produce energy, membranes to regulate the environmental interface, and DNA control centers to catalyze these and other functions—consolidated and worked cooperatively within the holistic symmetry space of the “organic cell.”

The emergence of the holistic symmetry space was accompanied by the emergence of experientiality, which is a nonphysical property of a holistic physical system. Experientiality is “property-dual” to the physical system, and supervenes upon certain informational patterns, or objects of consciousness, that are constructed by the system. Obviously, in a unicellular organism, or a holistic chemical set, the sophistication of objects of consciousness and the richness of experientiality are meager, but these properties are there, in nascent form, with the potential to gather and evolve into the human brain.

5) SYMMETRY INTEGRATION

In the primitive symmetry space of a deep sea vent chamber, information processing concerned only the regulation and balance of chemical concentrations. Although information was integrated through the holistic interconnectedness of chemical pathways, there were no mechanisms to construct focused informational patterns, and therefore sophisticated objects of consciousness could not be assembled to serve the experiential faculty of the microcosm. As life systems evolved, pathways and cycles consolidated into functional units (e.g., the organelles and DNA control centers mentioned above) able to produce and recognize higher-level patterns of integrated information. But these patterns were still spread out in space and unsynchronized in time. It would take the selective powers of “infoldment”—the concentration of process-structures in space and time for improved responsiveness—and symbiosis—the specialization of functional parts working together for the benefit of the whole—to partition the most salient informational patterns into a phenomenal symmetry space specifically dedicated to the experiential faculty.

In a microcosmic symmetry space, process-structures work together to integrate information, both to improve the physical fitness of the organism, and to construct objects of consciousness for its experiential faculty. On earth, evolving symmetry spaces have ascended a hierarchy of informational platforms, as new levels of holism have been achieved through repeated cycles of differentiation (specialization of individuals) and integration (symbiotic interconnectedness). First there was the specialization-symbiosis of colonies of molecules into the organelles of holistic unicellular organisms, then came the specialization-symbiosis of colonies of cells into the organs of holistic multicellular organisms, and, most recently, the specialization-symbiosis of colonies of neuron cells into the process-structures of holistic nervous systems which are devoted exclusively to informational transport and integration, the platform upon which the advanced attributes of human consciousness have been realized.

It is natural to ask: What is consciousness like for a unicellular amoeba, a multicellular tree, or a sea star having a rudimentary nervous system? The objects of consciousness formed in the phenomenal symmetry spaces of these microcosms can be identified and described according to the continuous evolutionary paradigm outlined above. The anthropic pathway to complexity provides the ingredients for the emergence and evolution of holistic living systems, and enables the selective advantages of integrated information and experientiality to be gained. Numerous phylogenic strategies have found success on the anthropic pathway, and the great range in informational focus and experiential richness, varying from dispersed chemical sets to the infolded human brain, points to the diversity of life, and to the scope and essence of consciousness. This interesting topic is explored in the book Consciousness Infolded, by yours truly, but suffice it to say here that the objects of consciousness which are integrated in these, and all, holistic symmetry spaces differ essentially in terms of their infoldment in space and time; and the focus and richness of the integrated information they produce, and experience, should not be ascribed features peculiar to the human brain, the most complex structure and vehicle of consciousness, of which we are aware, in the universe.

6) THE HUMAN BRAIN

Living systems are open systems. They require a flow of materials and informational signals (called signs in biosemiotics) to pass through their process-structure (called the interpretant). Thus, an amoeba, a tree, and a sea star are all biosemiotic interpretants that process afferent (incoming) and efferent (outgoing) sign streams. In the case of the human nervous system, a hierarchy of structures has evolved in both the afferent and efferent streams, with the prefrontal cortex of the brain, the latest neural structure to evolve, residing at the nexus and apex of the hierarchies.
Within the prefrontal cortex, a group of process-structures (including the short-term memory register and Wernicke’s area for language comprehension) selects particular signs cycling in from afferent sources (sensory, limbic (emotional), cognitive, and long-term memory stores distributed across the neocortex) in order to integrate resonant patterns of electromagnetic activity, which are also distributed across the neocortex. The prefrontal system is at the top of the efferent executive-motor hierarchy as well, and is responsible for initiating actions based upon the integrated patterns. Further, experiments employing advanced neuroimaging techniques have correlated these electromagnetic patterns with the objects of consciousness experienced by test subjects—however, not all information integrated in the brain is represented in the phenomenal dimensionalities, as demonstrated by the implicit memory and subliminal perception experiments of cognitive psychology. But in the phenomenal dimensionalities, salient qualia (the redness of red), memories, and abstract towers of meaning are selected and integrated, on the basis of maximal complexity, into transmodal informational objects of consciousness. In turn, these objects of consciousness serve the co-emergent, property-dual, experiential faculty of the human brain.

Joseph Magrie

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:02 pm

placid wrote: I'm proud to say I'm mad ..I can be what ever I imagine myself to be, creation is all mine.

I like this game. Can you turn yourself into , say, a house brick? :lol:

mirror93
Poster

Post by mirror93 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:40 pm

placid wrote:
Paul Anthony wrote:
Angel wrote:
Paul Anthony wrote:gachchy,

You were doing so well until you mentioned chairs and tables. Let's not ignore the difference between animate and inanimate objects.
Depends on what they r made of?
No.

Animals, plants, insects,,,animate things may have consciousness.

Inanimate things are dead. A chair may be made of wood, but the tree died before the chair was made. If it didn't die, the paint or stain would have certainly kill it.
No. There is no difference between animate and inanimate objects. They are appearances of the same one unknowable source, namely here now, nowhere empty awareness. That which is appearing is not separate from what it is appearing in/on...just as a cloud is inseparable from the sky...they define each other and are mutually inclusive.
I think that's what gachchy was referring to. He'll correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure.

No object/thing/concept has consciousness.

Every ''thing'' is dead, there is no ''thing'' period. The brain being the recorder of life as it is living is just a recording machine, the eye balls are the camera, so what is it that seems to be here being a human?
The reality you believe to exist as a ''you'' is no thing more than a mechanically induced hallucination aka an illusion.

Don't be confused by this, the body is never confused, the body knows how to function, the brain knows how to function. And this functioning is happening all by itself.

This illusion of ''other'' is born of memory which is dead, or an image of your self in a photograph which is dead, further, there is an energy that has no identity that takes on an artificial identity as it identifies with these dead memories and images as though they actual exist now as real things, and that's all that is going on here. The ''you'' that ''you'' aka no one thinks and believes to be ''You'' can never see or know your original face because you already are it.

There is no ''thing'' living or dying here. There is Awareness of living and dying but awareness itself can neither die nor live.

This is reality. Every thing is alive and no thing is alive. Every thing dies and no thing dies.

But don't take my word for it, inquire this for yourself.
blah blah blah blah blah

no, you idiot, inanimate objects are not dead, they are not the opposite of alive, what are you trying to suggest here?
fact is, you are alive, til you are dead. an object is not alive or dead, it either has existence, it exists or not.
a memory is a subjective mental content of an individual... some {!#%@} you can't even make sense of
you're just a mad regular moron who post in forums about your religion, nothing more...
you are alive and you gon' die like every other non dual religious believer clown like you.
your words wont change {!#%@} mate
you already lost, awareness is a brain function, we got all the evidences we need to support it, face it
there is no one dreamer, two dreamers, three dreamers, none of this {!#%@}

Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Post by Austin Harper » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:00 am

This guy's first post is a wall of text. What are the odds he'll ever post again?
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:01 am

joseph magrie wrote:What is Consciousness? Is it a quality bestowed upon us by God? Is it the result of evolution?
It's simple evolution. I studied anthropological pre-history, (the evolution of hominids and humans ). You can identify each new structural part of the brain evolving.

May I suggest you always say "human consciousness" rather than "consciousness" because different animals have different forms of consciousness and to pretend there is one form of consciousness is a bit silly.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:03 am

Austin Harper wrote:This guy's first post is a wall of text. What are the odds he'll ever post again?
He's plugging his book.
https://books.google.com.au/books/about ... edir_esc=y

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:35 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:This guy's first post is a wall of text. What are the odds he'll ever post again?
He's plugging his book.
https://books.google.com.au/books/about ... edir_esc=y
https://www.amazon.com/Consciousness-In ... 0998755206
...The correspondence between the symmetry principles of modern science and the symmetry principles of the ancient Tattvas is utilized to form a comprehensive theory about the nature and evolution of consciousness. An updated Eastern perspective is an essential component of the theory that adds the experiential aspect of reality to the worldview. Fundamental symmetry and oneness is today identified both in the unified quantum universe of the macrocosm, and within the integrated neural mental domain of the microcosm. The inevitable evolution of complexity into microcosmic, self-referential vehicles of consciousness evokes notions of self-responsibility and purpose. Intentional practices, such as certain techniques of mediation, have been empirically shown to mediate and restructure the nervous system in ways that facilitate achievement of personal goals and ideals, and the realization of harmony in the world.
Wha' da faaaaa'?

Was this written with help from a random sentence generator of some sort?

"...certain techniques of mediation, have been...shown to mediate...the nervous system in ways that facilitate achievement of personal goals and ideals...."

Let's see if I can break this down a bit.

Mediation is an attempt to settle a dispute through a neutral party. It's like bargaining, but it can also imply a resolution to a problem. Its use in this context is a bit confusing, so I'm going to replace it with a filler word. Maybe "helping" will do.

I'll also replace "nervous system" with "brain" 'cause it's a shorter word, and shorter words are wicked cool and {!#%@}.

And I think the phrase "in ways that facilitate achievement of" can be cut out, and the simpler phrase "to help reach" can be put in there.

"Certain techniques of helping have been show to help the brain to help reach personal goals and ideals."

I think the use of the word "mediate" added an extra concept of helping in there, so I'll just remove one of the "to help" phrases from the sentence. And what the hell, I'll get rid of the "helping" that I used to substitute the word "mediation" with in the first place, because it seems awkward.

"Certain techniques have been shown to help the brain reach personal goals and ideals."

Aha! Now I get it. And now that it's easy to read, all I can say about it is: "Well, duh."

(It just struck me that the word "mediation" might have been a misspelling of "meditation". If so, that would have given the sentence a bit more meaning since it would have made a more specific claim, ie. that some forms of meditation are helpful in reaching personal goals and ideals. I can't assume such a spelling error occurred, though.)
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:45 am

Joseph Magrie wrote: and the symmetry principles of the ancient Tattvas is utilized to form a comprehensive theory
I had to look that up.

Tattva is a Sanskrit word meaning 'thatness', 'principle', 'reality' or 'truth'. According to various Indian schools of philosophy, a tattva (or tattwa) is an element or aspect of reality.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattva

Gord wrote:Was this written with help from a random sentence generator of some sort?
We aren't going to be that lucky.. :D

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:32 am

Monster wrote:
placid wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Yes.

Can you turn yourself into a caterpillar?
A caterpillar is a concept known by that which perceives it.
That which is perceiving aka consciousness can never experience itself as the object it perceives. There are no objects, there is only the perception of an object.

Have you ever seen your consciousness?

Your mind plays tricks on you, don't be alarmed or fooled by the images you see, there is nothing behind them but pure emptiness.

Where else did you come from?

Look around, where and from what have you suddenly appeared from...?

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:14 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote: I'm proud to say I'm mad ..I can be what ever I imagine myself to be, creation is all mine.

I like this game. Can you turn yourself into , say, a house brick? :lol:
Yes I know you like this game, I do too, I love watching you struggle with the concept of oneness.

You have to lose your mind to see your mind.

The only reason I get out of bed in the morning is to read your replies to my posts, they make me laugh so hard I sometimes cannot take the pleasure, it's just too overwhelming. But at least it's what makes the admission into this crazy bat {!#%@} circus that is the human mind well worth the price.

For the answer to your question see my rely to Monster.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:15 pm

If you must make the attempt to sound like a has-been guru, placid, then you really must improve your English (English is a language, by the way, which deals in all kinds of things including perceptions and conceptions).
OK - if you're ready to receive the knowledge ...
"A caterpillar is a concept known by that which perceives it" is incorrect. A perceiver receives perceptions. A concept is something formed by a conceiver. A concept cannot perceive anything and vice versa. In short, you are burbling. You are a burbler and will continue to burble until you master the language skills necessary to convey the ideas you think you are addressing.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:19 pm

Poodle wrote:If you must make the attempt to sound like a has-been guru, placid, then you really must improve your English (English is a language, by the way, which deals in all kinds of things including perceptions and conceptions).
OK - if you're ready to receive the knowledge ...
"A caterpillar is a concept known by that which perceives it" is incorrect. A perceiver receives perceptions. A concept is something formed by a conceiver. A concept cannot perceive anything and vice versa. In short, you are burbling. You are a burbler and will continue to burble until you master the language skills necessary to convey the ideas you think you are addressing.
Nope, you are wrong. There is no ''you'' receiving knowledge, how many more times do I have to spell it out.

The perceiver aka pure awareness is the giver, it gives, it does not receive, it doesn't need to receive, it is everything, it's only interested in giving...or projecting everything.

The mind, which is an aspect of awareness is the receiver, the mind is the transmitter..transmitting images known only as concept.. concepts do not perceive, they are the perceived.

Giving and Receiving have to be one in the same moment, otherwise there in nothing to give and nothing to receive,.. and the very act of perception means that the perceiver cannot be the thing it perceives. So what is perceived doesn't actually exist except as an idea in the perceiver, which is also an idea.

All concepts all the way down.

We're all gurus poodle, no one knows what they are doing, or saying, we make it all up as we go along, no one has ever been alive before, we're all trying to figure this out the best way that makes sense to us. A philosopher / skeptic is always being it's own guru.

Human language distorts reality, reality is actually silent, it can only listen, it can never speak about it...although it tries it's very best to speak about it.

Animals know by listening, not speaking..same goes for all other types of living organisms including plants and flora.

And I really think you should stop insulting other peoples intelligence, it's such an ugly trait. Really unnecessary.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:47 pm

placid wrote:... We're all gurus poodle, no one knows what they are doing, or saying, we make it all up as we go along, no one has ever been alive before, we're all trying to figure this out the best way that makes sense to us. A philosopher / skeptic is always being it's own guru ...
No. YOU are making it up as you go along. Don't be so conceited as to think everyone is as simplistic as are you.
placid wrote:Human language distorts reality, reality is actually silent, it can only listen, it can never speak about it...although it tries it's very best to speak about it....
BS. YOUR language distorts reality, sure, but then your linguistic ability is, obviously, severely limited ...[/quote]
placid wrote:And I really think you should stop insulting other peoples intelligence, it's such an ugly trait. Really unnecessary.
I really don't know how you have the sheer effrontery to even go there. You are one of the most insulting characters ever to have appeared on this forum. You are unjustifiably conceited and one of the least convincing pseudos I've ever come across. Given your personal history of inane comments quickly followed by mass deletions (and no - it hasn't disappeared. Several members here have copies of precisely what you said on various subjects) I would not be so ready to hand out admonishments on anything.
If I wasn't so respectful of Pyrrho's responsibilities and sensibilities, I may have been awfully tempted to call you a conceited jerk without a brain cell to call your own who thinks that wholesale reset by deletion has a similar effect upon other members' memories. I can remember my single-word description of you, and I've seen no recent reason to retract that description.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:51 pm

If you take away the concept, take away the label of a thing, what is an object?

An object is just an image in the same way a photograph is an image or a tree is an image. The one seeing the images is the only knower of those images because it is inseparable from them. And although the seer can see the image, the image cannot see the seer because both seer and seen are one in the same moment. So there is nothing to be seen behind the image, it an image of the imageless, and then given a label, all fiction, not real appearing as if real.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:55 pm

It doesn't matter poodle, you will always find away to dismiss this message and throw it in the sin bin, no matter how I or anyone else who knows it tries to convey it, which is very difficult bye the way...so be it.

But, it's not going to go away so don't hold your breath about that, soon this will be common knowledge to everyone and everyone will be talking like this, it's only a matter of time which is forever abundantly given.

In your own time mate, no pressure, and if you don't like it or want to swallow, don't expect others to swallow your BS either.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:12 pm

Poodle wrote: If I wasn't so respectful of Pyrrho's responsibilities and sensibilities, I may have been awfully tempted to call you a conceited jerk without a brain cell to call your own
Call me what you like, it's all water off a ducks back. It's funny how you claim to want to hold back from calling me something then call me it anyway...what the heck do you know about respect?

I've heard it all before, this name calling is the only weapon the mind has got to throw out there, it never stops, because the mind has no idea what it is, except what it makes up...In it's sheer inability to know itself properly, it rejects the idea that it doesn't actually exist, and that it's just an imagined phantom...just watch the little tyrant throw the most unbelievable tantrums slinging mud at it's own mirror... it's just more muck on the screen, until the screen is totally unseeable becoming as a blind and deaf. Poor little mute.

Pyrrho understands Non-duality already. He knows all this stuff.

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:24 pm

Poodle wrote: BS. YOUR language distorts reality, sure, but then your linguistic ability is, obviously, severely limited ...

No No No...it not ''my'' language, it's Y/OUR language...aka everything's language aka no ones language you closed minded idiot.

I exist only in your own invention of me, you assume I exist because you exist. The ''other'' is only ever a projection of the one. That one aka you...it's is the same one in all of us otherwise we wouldn't be able to respond the way we do.

Many authors appear....many stories all different stories are written, but there's only one reader reading all the many different interpretations of stories no one ever wrote.

I write something - you write something...both writings will appear to be different...but the reader is the only ever ONE because you will see what I see, and so will every body else., we all see the same things, you say look at that tree and I see the tree too....the seer is the same one, reading is just seeing...do you see?

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:27 pm

Bye the way, I thought you were tired of placid, and you said you was going to go away..I told you you'd be back, and I was right wasn't I?

Hahahaha!

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:39 pm

Placid, placid (sigh). When will you learn to read? I said I was giving you up for Lent. You DO know what Lent is? And WHEN Lent is?

placid
Frequent Poster

Post by placid » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:47 pm

Poodle wrote:Placid, placid (sigh). When will you learn to read? I said I was giving you up for Lent. You DO know what Lent is? And WHEN Lent is?
Don't patronise ..I know you like to get off on being the tyrant.

Look, this is a filthy job and someone's got to do it.

Be clean, be pure, it'll make you fearless and feel better instantly.

Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Post by Austin Harper » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:21 pm

Poodle wrote:Placid, placid (sigh). When will you learn to read? I said I was giving you up for Lent. You DO know what Lent is? And WHEN Lent is?
You should try it, it feels so good.
image001.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:51 pm

Austin Harper wrote:
You should try it, it feels so good.
image001.png
But then the only people left would be the ones I agree with (most of the time). I like poking sticks between placid's bars. Her answers are so refreshingly ignorant.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:53 pm

placid wrote:
Don't patronise ..
Hardly patronising - you simply read it wrongly. Again.