Brexit

Where no two people are likely to agree.
TJrandom
Has No Life
Custom Title: Salt of the earth

Re: Brexit

Post by TJrandom » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:29 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:45 pm
Yeah, the -ise vs. -ize is a matter of history, going back to ancient Greece. What's involved is a large class of Greek verbs like komizo (κομίζω), meaning I take [someone somewhere]. Because these verbs contain the Greek letter zeta (which, however, is authentically pronounced "zd" as in Tuesday), it was thought that they should be spelled with the English letter z. (Please tell me you Brits haven't taken to calling that "zee"; you'd break the heart of the Canadians, who still call it zed (as do the Germans, the Russians, and the French). But a more recent cultural influence on Britain was the French culture of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, and the French wrote things like "civilisation" with callous disregard for the classical world.

Note added: The spell checker on this site sneaked in and corrected my spelling there. I had to edit again and get very severe with it.
There is a spell checker? It must be a hidden feature. Oh, you mean Gord?

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:38 am

TJrandom wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:29 am
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:45 pm
Yeah, the -ise vs. -ize is a matter of history, going back to ancient Greece. What's involved is a large class of Greek verbs like komizo (κομίζω), meaning I take [someone somewhere]. Because these verbs contain the Greek letter zeta (which, however, is authentically pronounced "zd" as in Tuesday), it was thought that they should be spelled with the English letter z. (Please tell me you Brits haven't taken to calling that "zee"; you'd break the heart of the Canadians, who still call it zed (as do the Germans, the Russians, and the French). But a more recent cultural influence on Britain was the French culture of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, and the French wrote things like "civilisation" with callous disregard for the classical world.

Note added: The spell checker on this site sneaked in and corrected my spelling there. I had to edit again and get very severe with it.
There is a spell checker? It must be a hidden feature. Oh, you mean Gord?
No, it appeared to be on the board. But, now I think of it, I hadn't noticed it before. What demon is inside this laptop that it reads what I'm posting on this board, using the editor that is on this board?
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:40 am

One day to go, and counting.....tick, tick, tick....
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Post-bloom

Post by Poodle » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:37 pm

... ... Less than two hours to go. Will all passengers please fasten their safety belts.

Darren Wilshak
Frequent Poster

Post by Darren Wilshak » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:10 pm

I am probably way out of my depth here but did think it was pretty obvious point though. Offsetting your '39 billion' figure against the lying and cheating that went on was my point. No need for a question mark to get to the grave disturbing truth of it.

Leave and Leave EU lied and cheated to partly get their result. I don't know if anyone wants to even acknowledge that unpleasant fact. Perhaps people think its a GOOD Thing in politics to lie and to cheat, its resulted in President Trump who is a known liar so its obviously a trend to follow if not to copy. I do think it still needs to be restated in friendly terms though around the historic time of the vote on the May bot's deal that all the same this did occur. So tonight the democratic ritual being enacted is therefore founded partly upon a deception which is being presented commonly as 'the will of the people.' That is not to say that there is much that is rotten within the EU. But that as said was not my point.

Interesting philological notes Upton.

Greetings from the UK!
"We are still waiting for anyone to rebut the main theme of the article that the decode in question and the numbers it quoted perfectly match those in the Korherr report.

Until such a rebuttal comes to light and goes through peer review the article stands the test of time. And after 10 years since the article was published both Peter (Witte) and I have moved on to other research projects. "

AHF

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:19 pm

There has been deceit and bare-faced lying from Leavers and Remainers, Parliament and the EU Commission, Darren. Nothing new there, then.
Anyway - division has begun (that's how Parliament votes) and there are less than 45 minutes until we know the outcome of the vote (in numbers, that is, as the outcome is a foregone conclusion).
Oh - the £39 billion figure is not mine. It's the amount the EU Commission have decided we will owe if we come out of this with an agreed deal. If it comes to no-deal, we don't owe a penny.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:59 pm

Theresa May lost the vote by 432 to 202.
A no-confidence vote has been scheduled for tomorrow by Jeremy Corbyn (leader of the Labour Party. It's most likely that he'll lose that. So - theresea May's deal is dead in the water and there's nowhere else to go UNLESS the EU now agree to re-enter negotiations. If they don't do that, the only way out of the impasse is a no-deal exit, the UK falling back on WTO terms.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:30 pm

Just saw this. It wasn't even close. More than two to one against. OK, EU, the ball is now in your court....

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:31 pm

There is no guarantee that the UK would accept any deal regardless of what the EU offers, because the government has no unity.
And why would Ireland agree to a hard border with Northern Ireland?

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:55 pm

The EU have reiterated their position - "you have the only deal you're going to get". There's going to be little, if any, movement from that declaration as the favoured outcome for the EU is for the UK to forget the whole thing and stay where they are. It's now all but certain that May will win the vote of no confidence, so that's not going to happen without a huge fight. Ireland would most certainly NOT support a hard border - they have as much to lose as does Northern Ireland. It's worth remembering that the governments of both the Republic of Ireland and the UK have stated that they have no intention of erecting any such border control.
We are now much, much closer to a no-deal Brexit and WTO trade terms. It's interesting that most Remainer politicians rush to say how dreadful those terms are whereas most Brexiteer politicians are perfectly happy with the prospect.
I have no idea at all what's going to happen after tomorrow.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:14 pm

I assume the confidence vote is mostly pro forma. No matter how much Conservative MPs may disagree with MAY over issues, none of them wants to risk five years in opposition on one throw of the electoral dice. So she can pretty much count on their votes.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:31 pm

Indeed so, UoG. What's going to be interesting is who (if anyone) blinks first. Mrs May is obviously going to be allowed to see this through (no one else wants a poison chalice) and she is insisting that modifications to her deal MUST be allowed - and the EU are just as insistent that no further changes will be allowed. It was interesting to see, then, that Michel Barnier (the EU's chief negotiator) has said tonight that May must tell them what she needs. He actually knows what she needs - the Irish backstop must be scrapped to get the DUP (who still hold the balance of power) onside. No one has mentioned her three-day deadline, so that is possibly going to stretch considerably.
It's going to be cat and mouse, I'm sure.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Brexit

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:18 am

HRH must be rolling her eyes. The conservatives voted against Theresa May as they have no confidence in her plan .......then will vote against Corbyn's no confidence motion, as they have confidence in Theresa May........ but not her plan.

Her majesty should ask the "colonials" like Australia and New Zealand to come back home and form a UK government, because the Poms seem to have lost the capability to even make sense. :D

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:33 am

It's mere hours after the Commons vote. Jean-Claude Juncker, one of the two men who were all over the news a couple of days ago saying that there will be no more negotiation, has called on Theresa May to have further talks with him. Michel Barnier (the other one) has issued a statement asking Mrs May what she wants. Both are still holding to the position that there can be no further amendments to the Brexit proposal. Small wonder that everyone is confused.
So ...
THE UK NEEDS YOU TWO TO GET RID OF THE IRISH BACKSTOP ARRANGEMENT, YOU FERKIN' IDIOTS! HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO BE TOLD?

OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Persistent ponderer

Post by OutOfBreath » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:43 am

Would that be enough though? It's not about shifting 20 votes here, but a full third of the parliament. My impression is that the politics is such that no agreement of whatever form will pass parliament anyway.

Peace
Dan
What is perceived as real becomes real in its consequences.

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:31 am

I think it would certainly be enough, Dan. It's the Irish backstop which caused last night's complete rejection of the deal all by itself. Put simply, a statement from two very slippery characters that the backstop would be a temporary measure (honest, guv) who also insist that it can't be removed without the specific permission of an organisation which doesn't particularly want Brexit in the first place isn't worth the paper it's written on. Juncker, in particular, has a history of changing his colours depending upon what he ate for breakfast, and is vehemently distrusted in the UK (amongst other EU member states).
The backstop is, in fact and in intention, a rather blatant method of retaining indefinite control over the UK's membership, and neither Ireland nor the UK think it even minimally necessary given any one of the numerous technological controls which have been mooted.
The DUP - a Northern Irish political party who happen to hold the balance of power over Brexit - are vehemently against the backstop. The Irish government have stated time and time again that they do not want a hard border and have made several of their own proposals about how the 'invisible' border could be managed successfully. Above all, the very idea that the EU Commission should be the sole arbiters of the duration of the backstop should be anathema to anyone, let alone the UK.
In any case, the Ireland/Norther Ireland border is notoriously uncontrollable. There are some 200 road crossings of that border, the roads having been there before the border came into existence. Failing the roads, the fields are eminently crossable and most of the rivers are quite shallow. It has always been as leaky as a sieve, and is impractical to man efficiently. However, cameras and computers could do it easily. But that's too simple for the tangled minds of the Commission, I'm afraid.

EDIT: I'm not actually sure if I've said this before - it isn't Europe or any European country or any of the people of Europe which has the UK up in arms. It's the EU Commission and its seemingly irresistable drive towards federalisation - a United States of Europe. There have been several attempts to create something like that on the Eurasian landmass. All of them failed.
EDIT 2: The UK joined the EEC (not, note, the EU) in 1973 and a referendum held in 1975 voted overwhelmingly to stay in the EEC. As the initials suggest, it was an economic community, not a political union. It has changed markedly.
Last edited by Poodle on Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:48 am

Poodle wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:31 am

EDIT: I'm not actually sure if I've said this before - it isn't Europe or any European country or any of the people of Europe which has the UK up in arms. It's the EU Commission and its seemingly irresistable drive towards federalisation - a United States of Europe. There have been several attempts to create something like that on the Eurasian landmass. All of them failed.
Yup, the EU Commission reminds me greatly of the Medieval popes, relentlessly seeking political power and influence.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:54 am

Good observation, UoG.

Darren Wilshak
Frequent Poster

Post by Darren Wilshak » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:41 pm

No surrender! I see the red hand of Ulster behind this. The Irish post had this interesting piece today. Never mind Arlenes's confidence and supply.

“The Irish Government continues to believe the ratification of this Agreement is the best way to ensure an orderly withdrawal of the UK, which avoids a bard border and respects the single market and Customs Union, while also delivering on the UK’s objectives for withdrawal,”

A bard border? You'd think they would like that and not want to avoid it. A bard border with the EU? Sounds magic!

OK. Maybe a job application form is needed.

You will be a classically trained poet (in the Medieval Irish sense). Successful applicants will 'deliver' a prodigious oral memory and a ready wit for any local place-name related queries that may arise in the course of your duties to the frontier. The person we are looking for must be blessed with a colourful imagination, but also with diplomacy, with a musical ear, with a beautiful voice, have a proven track-record in the field of sheer imagery and be comfortable with satire and its proven supernatural effect to raise boils on necks and face losing blemishes. You will have an understanding of European languages. You will also possess an established ability to be able to relate to traders, to single traders, sole traders, customs unions traders, single union traders and horse traders as well.

You be required to recount upon demand invaluable epic (possibly to the Iron Age) episodic tales of Cu Chulainn, Deirdre , the cattle raid of Cooley etc. You will be expected to deal with long queues and lines arising at your station so a degree or equivalent in the courtly entertainment sector is crucial. Send us your CV! Fill in this online form...only 574 pages long. Print this pdf.

https://www.irishpost.com/news/irish-go ... eat-163465
"We are still waiting for anyone to rebut the main theme of the article that the decode in question and the numbers it quoted perfectly match those in the Korherr report.

Until such a rebuttal comes to light and goes through peer review the article stands the test of time. And after 10 years since the article was published both Peter (Witte) and I have moved on to other research projects. "

AHF

OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Persistent ponderer

Post by OutOfBreath » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:36 pm

Poodle wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:31 am
I think it would certainly be enough, Dan. It's the Irish backstop which caused last night's complete rejection of the deal all by itself. Put simply, a statement from two very slippery characters that the backstop would be a temporary measure (honest, guv) who also insist that it can't be removed without the specific permission of an organisation which doesn't particularly want Brexit in the first place isn't worth the paper it's written on. Juncker, in particular, has a history of changing his colours depending upon what he ate for breakfast, and is vehemently distrusted in the UK (amongst other EU member states).
The backstop is, in fact and in intention, a rather blatant method of retaining indefinite control over the UK's membership, and neither Ireland nor the UK think it even minimally necessary given any one of the numerous technological controls which have been mooted.
The DUP - a Northern Irish political party who happen to hold the balance of power over Brexit - are vehemently against the backstop. The Irish government have stated time and time again that they do not want a hard border and have made several of their own proposals about how the 'invisible' border could be managed successfully. Above all, the very idea that the EU Commission should be the sole arbiters of the duration of the backstop should be anathema to anyone, let alone the UK.
In any case, the Ireland/Norther Ireland border is notoriously uncontrollable. There are some 200 road crossings of that border, the roads having been there before the border came into existence. Failing the roads, the fields are eminently crossable and most of the rivers are quite shallow. It has always been as leaky as a sieve, and is impractical to man efficiently. However, cameras and computers could do it easily. But that's too simple for the tangled minds of the Commission, I'm afraid.

EDIT 2: The UK joined the EEC (not, note, the EU) in 1973 and a referendum held in 1975 voted overwhelmingly to stay in the EEC. As the initials suggest, it was an economic community, not a political union. It has changed markedly.
Well, maybe.
But as I understand it, Labour and the regional parties will vote against on pretty much principle anyway, and no matter what kind of deal will have at least a third of the conservatives against it. Unless the conservative party stops their civil war anytime soon, I can't quite see where a majority for anything should come from.

Peace
Dan
What is perceived as real becomes real in its consequences.

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:05 pm

Official Labour policy is to leave the EU, Dan.
You may find this interesting ...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39665835
If political promises are anything to go by (Ho Ho Ho) then there should be no way a majority Remain vote could be constructed.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:59 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:48 am
Yup, the EU Commission reminds me greatly of the Medieval popes, relentlessly seeking political power and influence.
Poodle » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:54 am
Good observation, UoG.
yeah........except its what ALL POLITICIANS DO. Its always good to keep the obvious in mind........but then what?

Let's see. Is it better or worse to be part of an entity positioning itself to be in the top tier of economic competitors, or to be an orphan making it on your own. There are still PROS and CONS to every position position possible. Avoiding negative trade relations with most of your customers....would be on the plus side???

Ha, ha.

My gut still tells me another referendum with the outcome to stay in is the BEST result. Orphans get {!#%@} on.......just because the are orphans. and when the metaphor is removed, maybe UK should be {!#%@} on if they want to be rogue player.........thinking they are better than the rest of Europe? .....................Pros and Cons. Don't blame me, its just reality.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:38 pm

Why do you think that the UK thinks it's better than the rest of Europe? I don't see that anywhere. The majority of the people in the UK (when it mattered at referendum time) thought the UK would be better off outside the EU. There's no superiority there - simply an opinion-led choice. It may turn out not to have been the 'correct' choice, but that remains to be seen. If you want superior attitudes, take a look at the video of Macron declaiming before a large group of French fishermen. Sacre Bleu! All of our feshairmen should ave free accairss to Breetish wotairs.
It's simply the outcome of an exercise in democracy. How is it possible to denigrate that?
"My gut still tells me another referendum with the outcome to stay in is the BEST result." No - that would be one all, unless we found a way to say that the result of the second referendum was somehow 'better' than the first result.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:00 pm

My first knee jerk gut reaction: 'Well, Poodle.......you are quite right." /////So now, I gotta actually think about it.

Like my comment about all politicians being self serving fresh on the HoloCaustic Subforum....I think its undeniable that all peoples think they are better than all other peoples. Its a people thing. But that recognition only seconds your point. Perhaps adding three letters makes it clear and valid?

Ahem: "the UK thinks it's betterOFF .......on its own...." Thats another people thing. Everyone wanting as much as they can get (fish the oceans dry) and be left alone while doing it. And thats why any unit above "the individual" is a Federation. and the larger the better which is why Family is better than individual and Tribe is better than Family. the BIGGER always overpowering the smaller. Blame Darwin.

Better vs Better Off. Its a quibble all to the point: Indeed, what is "better" for a Nation of competing and inconsistent ingrained political interests? ANY referendum that highlights the negatives of the confederation will be voted down. Any referendum that highlights the positives of the confederation will pass. The reality of pros and cons is never presented. That is the reality that is being faced only now that the referendum was passed. What caught my attention right after the referendum was passed was the number of interviews of people saying they voted for Brexit just as a protest vote to show they were upset. Referendums often suffer from that human failing: emotions over intellect. In Best Britain: every Referendum would only be a warm up to get people actually thinking about consequences. Then, a second "for real" REF would be held for the record. Too much rigamarole? Of course: thats why China and Russia are winning.

How was it presented?
The majority of the people in the UK (when it mattered at referendum time) thought the UK would be better off outside the EU.
ahhhhh.....THAT is a purely partisan statement for all the reasons you know as well as I do. You have made several purely partisan statements while trying to pose as neutral. Nothing wrong with being partisan.........its actually very good, up until the time you start denying reality in order to maintain your druthers.

Absent specific itemized "real" advantages to being on your own (ie: emotions don't count) ........union with something larger is always better. Call whatever denies this whatever you want. thinking you are better: is close enough.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:19 pm

The script is still being followed ...
The vote of no confidence in Mrs. May has just been comfortably defeated.
EDIT: Well, when I say 'comfortably', I mean 'by the skin of her teeth'. She won by 19 votes. That points out the importance of the DUP's support agreement as, had those ten people voted against her, she would have lost the vote by 1. Given that, there is no way that the Irish backstop can be implemented - and, given that it is considered absolutely necessary by the EU Commission, it pushed the UK even nearer to a no-deal Brexit.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:40 pm

Bobbo - I'm not all all sure that you know the meaning of the word 'partisan'. Either that or you consider referenda to be meaningless but expensive exercises to keep the peasants quiet. I have never hidden the fact that I'm a leaver, but I've attempted to comment on events in a neutral manner. I have neither exaggerated nor diminished any of the actions taken by the people involved.
As for " union with something larger is always better ..." ... well, I'd give that a bit more serious thought if I were you. Think about the Crimean Peninsula while you're doing that. Or Taiwan. Or Bosnia. Or the Falkland Islands. Or Kuwait ... ... ... ...

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:56 pm

Well, of course.......its only better.........if it works.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:19 am

Poodle wrote: The majority of the people in the UK (when it mattered at referendum time) thought the UK would be better off outside the EU.
.....based on the evidence at the time.

Jean-Claude Juncker may not entertain any further negotiations, but he may allow a delay so the UK plebiscite may obtain a better understanding of the facts and thus sensibly have another vote with the new facts .

"Arron Banks, the main funder of Farage’s Leave.EU campaign, had not one (as he had claimed), but several meetings with the Russian ambassador in the run-up to the EU referendum." "offered Banks a multibillion dollar opportunity to buy Russian goldmines........A trip to Moscow in February 2016 to meet key partners and financiers behind a gold project, including a Russian bank.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... it-meeting

Nigel Farage has said the claims that the FBI has designated him a “person of interest” in its investigation into possible Russian interference in the US presidential election are “hysterical”.

Nigel Farage has secret meeting with Julian Assange " I will not say anything more about that. But I did it for journalistic reasons, not for political reasons." (Farage)
https://www.zeit.de/politik/ausland/201 ... ts/seite-2

Donald Trump recommends Nigel Farage as British ambassador to US
https://www.firstpost.com/world/donald- ... 18780.html

The Russians didn't only go for the USA. They had to remove the UK from Europe. :D

TJrandom
Has No Life
Custom Title: Salt of the earth

Post by TJrandom » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:06 am

I spent last night slipping into and out of consciousness - with either CNN or BBC on low volume. Torture, I tell you - pure torture. FFS, did Trump drop off of the planet?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:57 am

Tip on how to remain anonymous.

If you are Nigel Farage, don't pick up USB sticks of information stolen by the Russian GRU, from Julian Assange, when the police are watching him.
Front door 2.jpg
Front door 3.jpg
Front door 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:14 am

Poodle wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:40 pm
I have never hidden the fact that I'm a leaver, but I've attempted to comment on events in a neutral manner. I have neither exaggerated nor diminished any of the actions taken by the people involved.
I'd have to parse your comments to confirm that, nothing otherwise comes immediately to mind EXCEPT FOR your position not to allow another Referendum. Time has passed........2 years? The public is MORE EDUCATED as to the real world consequences of any Brexit. The salve of making a protest vote that was assumed would not make a difference is OVER.

Most telling as a partisan: you have given NO SUBSTANTIVE reason why Brexit.

What on balance benefit(s) do you see to yourself or to UK in this action? I am honestly curious. To me: its all emotions overriding facts......emotions can be valid.....just how much money are they worth?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:12 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:57 am
Tip on how to remain anonymous.

If you are Nigel Farage, don't pick up USB sticks of information stolen by the Russian GRU, from Julian Assange, when the police are watching him.

Matt makes the connection of Assange to Russian GRU as if that were a bad thing. Where else do you get dirt on anyone except from their enemies? Its called FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Speech, Freedom, the Truth, and other anti-gubment/powers that be labels.

So, I googled (Does Assange work for Russia) and found this informative link: https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/m ... and-russia from a guy who worked with Assange. THE KEY: Assange is too much the egotist himself to work as anyone elses gopher.

Now Matt: as an over reaching egotist yourself: can you not relate? (Hint: that is a trick question.)...........Bwahahahahahahahaha.

I do crack myself up (((((speaking of egos?...........but not, no never, over reaching.))))))))

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:26 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: Matt makes the connection of Assange to Russian GRU as if that were a bad thing.
List the good things about UKIP & Nigel Farage getting GRU information from Assange.

You don't know what UKIP is do you? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:35 am

Unlike You Matt: being informed with the TRUTH is always a good thing. ............................ and thats not fair as you are well informed, i just fell into the easy riposte.

I'll continue with another demonstation of Matts lack of character by answering a direct question: No, I don't know what UKIP is.

Now Matt: what is relevant about ANYTHING in your reply?.............or your initial post to begin with????????? aka: what do you have against the TRUTH?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:38 am

UK Independence Party - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_Independence_Party

The UK Independence Party is a hard Eurosceptic, right-wing political party in the United ... UKIP originated as the Anti-Federalist League, a single-issue Eurosceptic party established in London by the historian Alan Sked in 1991. It was ...

Ummmmm.........as a general rule, single issue "anything" is bad. BECAUSE: Reality is not single issue. Silly Hoomans LOVE getting stoopid over single issues.

.....................................Just Look:

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:40 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: Unlike You Matt: being informed with the TRUTH is always a good thing
1) You don't know who UKIP is do you,
2) The UK Electoral Office has referred the matter to prosecution to the National Crime Authority, in November 2018 for UKIP's funding source lying to parliament.

You really are a buffoon Bobbo
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:42 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: The UK Independence Party is a hard Eurosceptic, right-wing political party in the United ... UKIP
....and where did the £8,000,000 for the UKIP campaign to leave the EU come from Bobbo ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:44 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:40 am
2) The UK Electoral Office has referred the matter to prosecution to the National Crime Authority, in November 2018 for UKIP's funding source lying to parliament.
Direct Question to Matt: No 1: What does that have to do with Assange?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:48 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: Direct Question to Matt: No 1: What does that have to do with Assange?
Assange is a tool of the Russian GRU. That's he is fighting extradition to the USA. Did you forget? :lol: :lol:

Now answer my direct question. Where did the £8,000,000 pounds funding for UKIP's "leave the EU" come from and why is the UK National Crime Authority launching a prosecution? :lol: :lol:

"The commission's legal counsel, Bob Posner, said: "We have reasonable grounds to suspect money given to Better for the Country came from impermissible sources and that Mr Banks and Ms Bilney, the responsible person for Leave.EU, knowingly concealed the true circumstances under which this money was provided."

....but Bobbo.... I thought you hated people who didn't tell the truth. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:50 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:42 am
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: The UK Independence Party is a hard Eurosceptic, right-wing political party in the United ... UKIP
....and where did the £8,000,000 for the UKIP campaign to leave the EU come from Bobbo ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
A little bit of cross posting going on.........which is good, all comes out in the wash.

Showing Matt how to answer direct questions: I don't know. In context, I assume it came from Russia? Which is an excellent example of the caution I have posted (sadly only once before) as to why Russia and China are winning the Real World RISK game of global domination. They are autocracies that can move with alacrity. Something not often available to rambunctious democracies. A real failing.......

Hey Poodle: Putin agrees with you........................should be cause for a pause?