Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Where no two people are likely to agree.
Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5979
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Tom Palven » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Wow, I'm sure glad I left the LP decades ago, even before it nominated conservative Congressman Bob Barr as its Presidential candidate.
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/libert ... ce-assets/

But this is a little friggin' much.

Please tell me it's not true, Agent 008, that the CIA has not taken over the US and thus the World for the time being.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11786
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by OlegTheBatty » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:14 pm

Tom Palven wrote:Wow, I'm sure glad I left the LP decades ago, even before it nominated conservative Congressman Bob Barr as its Presidential candidate.
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/libert ... ce-assets/

But this is a little friggin' much.

Please tell me it's not true, Agent 008, that the CIA has not taken over the US and thus the World for the time being.
The US is not the world, Tom. In fact, most of the world is telling the US to get stuffed.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4756
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by ElectricMonk » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:43 pm

"Asset" is a very flexible term.
Maybe he just agreed to inform the IC of possible terrorists in the movement or attempts of foreign influence.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5979
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Tom Palven » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:16 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:Wow, I'm sure glad I left the LP decades ago, even before it nominated conservative Congressman Bob Barr as its Presidential candidate.
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/libert ... ce-assets/

But this is a little friggin' much.

Please tell me it's not true, Agent 008, that the CIA has not taken over the US and thus the World for the time being.
The US is not the world, Tom. In fact, most of the world is telling the US to get stuffed.
You're right, Oleg, but the Congress/MIC/Pentagon/Deep State is not listening.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... tary_bases

Not so long ago Americans told the British Empire to stuff it, but of course that was different. :mrgreen:
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11786
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by OlegTheBatty » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:40 pm

Tom Palven wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:Wow, I'm sure glad I left the LP decades ago, even before it nominated conservative Congressman Bob Barr as its Presidential candidate.
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/libert ... ce-assets/

But this is a little friggin' much.

Please tell me it's not true, Agent 008, that the CIA has not taken over the US and thus the World for the time being.
The US is not the world, Tom. In fact, most of the world is telling the US to get stuffed.
You're right, Oleg, but the Congress/MIC/Pentagon/Deep State is not listening.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... tary_bases

Not so long ago Americans told the British Empire to stuff it, but of course that was different. :mrgreen:
We didn't need you

You are making a very large mountain out of a very small molehill.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5979
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Tom Palven » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:11 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:Wow, I'm sure glad I left the LP decades ago, even before it nominated conservative Congressman Bob Barr as its Presidential candidate.
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/libert ... ce-assets/

But this is a little friggin' much.

Please tell me it's not true, Agent 008, that the CIA has not taken over the US and thus the World for the time being.
The US is not the world, Tom. In fact, most of the world is telling the US to get stuffed.
You're right, Oleg, but the Congress/MIC/Pentagon/Deep State is not listening.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... tary_bases

Not so long ago Americans told the British Empire to stuff it, but of course that was different. :mrgreen:
We didn't need you

You are making a very large mountain out of a very small molehill.
I applaud you for not being captive to the crazy US trade policy.

But, it's not just this single small CIA molehill.

I've pointed out a lot of mole hills which are snowballing and if you connect the dots, to really screw up a mixed metaphor, it doesn't paint a pretty picture. :lol: And, pardon me, it's nothing to laugh about! (Say it ain't so, Agent 008!)

In 1972 when I was making $7,500 per year as a park naturalist and sharing a house with three other guys I donated $500 to the Bob Steiner for Congress Libertarian Party campaign, which was enough for him to rent a storefront office for the campaign.

He then convinced me to circulate petitions and run for Congress too, to double our effectiveness, so we became the first LP members to run for Congress in NJ.

We libertarians back then figured that we combined the best of both the Democrats and Republicans, the civil liberties for women, blacks, and gays and the anti-war positions of the Democrats with the free market ideas of the Republicans.

The LP began to win a few local elections and was catching on, and then was taken over by political opportunists, finally being co-opted by conservative tea-partyers.

I had not renewed my membership in the LP long before conservative Congressman Bob Barr was nominated for President by the LP in 2008.

That was bad enough. If the head of the LP is now complicit with the lying, murdering control freaks of the CIA, this isn't a mole hill for me.

But this point, Oleg, what else can a cranky old ex-Libertarian do but laugh?
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:38 pm

Tom Palven wrote:But this is a little friggin' much.
ElectricMonk got this in seconds. An "Asset" simply means a person who may or has provided information. The postman who only informs what he delivered to a particular letterbox is also an "asset". The same two people could simultaneously exist on a Russian assets ledger (but as Wikileaks is controlled by the Russians, you would not see that)

Considering the only Libertarian party members are in the Russian Duma, and the flow of information is going from Russia to the International Libertarians and onto the USA, it would be insane for the FBI not to have a chat with Nicholas Sarwark, a lawyer.

Tom Palven wrote:Please tell me it's not true, that the CIA has not taken over the US and thus the World for the time being.
No other country in the world gives a rat's arse about the CIA or the USA, anymore. The CIA and FBI failed to keep out the Russians and the USA is isolating itself by starting a trade war with the rest of the world.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:42 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote: The US is not the world, Tom. In fact, most of the world is telling the US to get stuffed.
Tom is very very confused. He asked me why I followed TV conservatives, Sean Hannity and William Kristol.

I had to inform Tom that we didn't get USA television in Australia, as Australia was not part of the USA.

I think Tom is still struggling with that concept.
:lol:

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:47 pm

Tom Palven wrote: and if you connect the dots,.... it doesn't paint a pretty picture.
Here we go again...... :roll:

Tom. Connect any dots for us to show us how the CIA runs the world
1) In China
2) In Russia
3) In India
4) In Vietnam, Laos or Cambodia
5) In Australia and New Zealand
6) In Syria
7) In Iran
8) In North Korea
9) In Turkey

10) In Japan
:lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5979
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Tom Palven » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:51 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:But this is a little friggin' much.
ElectricMonk got this in seconds. An "Asset" simply means a person who may or has provided information. The postman who only informs what he delivered to a particular letterbox is also an "asset". The same two people could simultaneously exist on a Russian assets ledger (but as Wikileaks is controlled by the Russians, you would not see that)

Considering the only Libertarian party members are in the Russian Duma, and the flow of information is going from Russia to the International Libertarians and onto the USA, it would be insane for the FBI not to have a chat with Nicholas Sarwark, a lawyer.

Tom Palven wrote:Please tell me it's not true, that the CIA has not taken over the US and thus the World for the time being.
No other country in the world gives a rat's arse about the CIA or the USA, anymore. The CIA and FBI failed to keep out the Russians and the USA is isolating itself by starting a trade war with the rest of the world.
I'm glad you said it ain't so, 008, and I am very much relieved.

So much so that I will go get myself another bveer and drink to ...., don't worry, I will definitely find something to drink to. :D
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:00 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote: Considering the only Libertarian party members are in the Russian Duma, and the flow of information is going from Russia to the International Libertarians and onto the USA, it would be insane for the FBI not to have a chat with Nicholas Sarwark, a lawyer. [/color]
Tom Palven wrote:I'm glad you said it ain't so and I am very much relieved.
I'm glad you are relived that the Russians are using the Libertarian party. The Russians funded the American Communist Party. Who is paying for the international Libertarians Tom? :lol:


Libertarian Leader : Nicholas Sarwark : Calls for Closure of CIA
"This is why we must shut down the CIA. Its 70-year history is littered with episodes of human rights violations, illegal activities, and deception, including........."
https://lpepc.org/wp-content/uploads/20 ... letter.pdf

Gee Tom. He is using the same scripted Russian talk points you are. What an amazing coincidence.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5979
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Tom Palven » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:29 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote: Considering the only Libertarian party members are in the Russian Duma, and the flow of information is going from Russia to the International Libertarians and onto the USA, it would be insane for the FBI not to have a chat with Nicholas Sarwark, a lawyer. [/color]
Tom Palven wrote:I'm glad you said it ain't so and I am very much relieved.
I'm glad you are relived that the Russians are using the Libertarian party. The Russians funded the American Communist Party. Who is paying for the international Libertarians Tom? :lol:


Libertarian Leader : Nicholas Sarwark : Calls for Closure of CIA
"This is why we must shut down the CIA. Its 70-year history is littered with episodes of human rights violations, illegal activities, and deception, including........."
https://lpepc.org/wp-content/uploads/20 ... letter.pdf

Gee Tom. He is using the same scripted Russian talk points you are. What an amazing coincidence.
I wasn't aware that Russia had a Libertarian Party until you mentioned it earlier.

Wikipedia says that this party has an annual Adam Smith free market forum. It probably also supports gay rights there where the Russian Orthodox community tends to be very anti-gay, just as the US LP advocated civil rights for gays, blacks, women, and other minorities here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertari ... _of_Russia

Your implication that the Russian LP is trying to influence US elections, etc. is a friggin' conspiracy theory, and a really stupid one at that!

You are twisting Snowden's findings and to say that it is the RUSSIANS who infiltrated the LP and not the CIA.

This is BS doublethink disinformation at its purest and best!

Bravo again Agent 008!
:lol:
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:36 pm

Tom Palven wrote: I wasn't aware that Russia had a Libertarian Party until you mentioned it earlier.
That's odd considering it is the only country which Libertarian members of parliament are currently voted in.
Tom Palven wrote: Your implication that the Russian LP is trying to influence US elections, etc. is a friggin' conspiracy theory, and a really stupid one at that!
The flow of talk points is from the Russian Libertarian Party to US followers of the International Libertarian party. That's why you and the Chairman of the Libertarian Party post anti- USA CIA "controls the world" propaganda without any evidence. You copy from English language libertarian propaganda without thinking. That's why you can never answer my basic questions about your anti-CIA claims and keep running away. :lol:

I ask you again. Who is paying for the International Alliance of Libertarian Parties?

I ask you again, what is your evidence the CIA controls the world?
:lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5979
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Tom Palven » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:11 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote: I wasn't aware that Russia had a Libertarian Party until you mentioned it earlier.
That's odd considering it is the only country which Libertarian members of parliament are currently voted in.
Tom Palven wrote: Your implication that the Russian LP is trying to influence US elections, etc. is a friggin' conspiracy theory, and a really stupid one at that!
The flow of talk points is from the Russian Libertarian Party to US followers of the International Libertarian party. That's why you and the Chairman of the Libertarian Party post anti- USA CIA "controls the world" propaganda without any evidence. You copy from English language libertarian propaganda without thinking. That's why you can never answer my basic questions about your anti-CIA claims and keep running away. :lol:

I ask you again. Who is paying for the International Alliance of Libertarian Parties?

I ask you again, what is your evidence the CIA controls the world?
:lol:
I'm a member of Libertarian International, which morphed from the group that I went to South Africa with, but I didn't know that an international LP existed.

I told you that I haven't been a member of the LP in decades, which I'm sure is easy for you to verify, and I have no idea who is paying for it, but I'm sure that you know, 008, so you tell me, and how about a link to some legitimate source.
Last edited by Tom Palven on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:51 am

Tom Palven wrote: I'm a member of Libertarian International, which morphed for the group that I went to South Africa with, but I didn't know that an international LP existed.
That's because you don't know anything. :D

"At the 2014 Libertarian National Convention in the United States, former chairman of the Libertarian National Committee Geoff Neale was appointed to help with the creation of an alliance of global Libertarian parties. On March 6, 2015 the IALP was formed with 9 founding members. (Including the Russian Libertarian Party which insisted the international headquarters be in Switzerland....which it is.)"

Amazing isn't it? For some magical reason you and the chairman of the USA Libertarians, Nicholas Sarwark now use the same Russian talk points, demanding the CIA and FBI get closed down before they finish investigating Trump. :lol:

I bet you also didn't know they have a website.
http://ialp.com/

Please remember you're the person who thought everyone one around the world saw Sean Hannity and William Kristol from USA television. So what do you think about Juanita Phillips who hosts Australian Broadcasting Corporation News....you get that in the USA right? (You idiot).

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5979
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Tom Palven » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:19 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote: Tom is very very confused. He asked me why I followed TV conservatives, Sean Hannity and William Kristol.

I had to inform Tom that we didn't get USA television in Australia, as Australia was not part of the USA.

I think Tom is still struggling with that concept. [/color] :lol:
You claim to be an expert on US politics and political parties, and then you say that you are not, because you are an Australian.

Which is it?

In addition to your heroes James Clapper and John Brennan being proven liars, here is another one of your heart-throbs, Robert Mueller, lying:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mu ... ORM=VDQVAP
Last edited by Tom Palven on Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:59 am

Tom Palven wrote:You claim to be an expert on US politics and political parties
No Tom, you complete bonzo. My interest is in Russia. That's why I travel to Russia and learned Russian. I've never been to the mainland USA and have no interest in going there.

Would you like me to draw a simple cartoon, for you, so you won't keep struggling with this?
:lol:
Tom Palven wrote:Robert Mueller, lying:
Are you still pushing your Russian talk-points and demanding the CIA and FBI are dissolved before they finish investigating Trump? :lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5979
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Tom Palven » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:33 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:You claim to be an expert on US politics and political parties
No Tom, you complete bonzo. My interest is in Russia. That's why I travel to Russia and learned Russian. I've never been to the mainland USA and have no interest in going there.
Tom Palven wrote:Robert Mueller, lying:
Are you still pushing your Russian talk-points and demanding the CIA and FBI are dissolved before they finish investigating Trump? :lol:


I don't give a leaping lap-dance about trying to disband the secret police and Deep State apparatchiki, Agent 008. It's way too late for that. All we can do is wait for bankruptcy to allow the sun to set on the Fourth Reich, and then try to do things better.

I'm just trying to find out the truth about what's going on out of curiosity, and hope that that the dying US Empire will somehow be prevented from destroying North Korea.

Here's a little article about another one of your heroes, former head of the CIA, murderous, lying, control-freak scum John Brennan:
https://consortiumnews.com/2018/03/19/f ... ng-scared/
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:05 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote: Are you still pushing your Russian talk-points and demanding the CIA and FBI are dissolved before they finish investigating Trump? :lol:
Tom Palven wrote: I don't give a leaping lap-dance about trying to disband the secret police and Deep State apparatchiki,
So why do you and the chairman of the Libertarians call for dissolving the CIA and FBI?
Tom Palven wrote:It's way too late for that. All we can do is wait for bankruptcy to allow the sun to set on the Fourth Reich, and then try to do things better.
You are now saying the USA will go bankrupt? :lol:
Tom Palven wrote: and hope that that the dying US Empire will somehow be prevented from destroying North Korea.
South Korea is running the North Korea problem. The USA president is turning up for the photo opportunity and that's it....after imposing trade tariffs on South Korea. . :lol:

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11786
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by OlegTheBatty » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:35 pm

It is only a photo op for Kim too. Prestige potential at home. I snicker at the notion that the US can destroy NK. The Kim family has been doing that since 1953 or so.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:56 pm

Trump just changed his mind again. Yesterday he announced that he would not be imposing tariffs on Sth Korea and the EU.

Also McMaster just resigned after Trump said he wasn't sacking him.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... er-resigns

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5979
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Tom Palven » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote: Are you still pushing your Russian talk-points and demanding the CIA and FBI are dissolved before they finish investigating Trump? :lol:
Tom Palven wrote: I don't give a leaping lap-dance about trying to disband the secret police and Deep State apparatchiki,


So why do you and the chairman of the Libertarians call for dissolving the CIA and FBI?
Try to point out where I called for dissolving any of the secret police.

You can't because I never did. They are in control and things are FUBAR. I repeat, it's way too late.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:55 am

Tom Palven wrote:Try to point out where I called for dissolving any of the secret police.
Tom Palven previously wrote:I agree that we don't need the CIA
https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic. ... 25#p635325

You're a bit senile aren't you? :lol:

You're the idiot who pretends to be a Laissez-faire capitalist libertarian, while spamming the same idiotic article three times from the World Socialist Website that claims the CIA has taken over the Democratic Party, even though it can't name one CIA officer in the Democratic Party.

You are aware the World Socialist Website is paid for by the ICFI a pro-Russian ex-communist party of Great Britain? It has lots of Russian talking points for you to copy here, like "NATO steps up Aggression against Russia" and "New German foreign minister threatens Russia and intensifies militarism"

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5979
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Tom Palven » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:47 am

Can I assume, Agent 008, that like lying James Clapper and John Brennan, Trump's choice for national security advisor, bat sh-t crazy Deep State neoconservative war hawk John Bolton is another one of your heroes?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_R._Bolton

I'm wondering if Trump is appointing Bolton as national security advisor only to throw a bone to the neoconservatives.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_R._Bolton

Sun Tzu and/or Machiavelli said to "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

If Trump really wants to talk to Kim Jong Un and to have good relations with Russia, Bolton will oppose Trump and is, effectively, his enemy.

Probably just wishful thinking on my part.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

User avatar
Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5483
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Austin Harper » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:57 pm

Stop trying to make Agent 008 happen. It's not going to happen.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5979
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Tom Palven » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:24 pm

Austin Harper wrote:Stop trying to make Agent 008 happen. It's not going to happen.
I don't follow you. What's not going to happen?
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5979
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Tom Palven » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:07 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
The US is not the world, Tom. In fact, most of the world is telling the US to get stuffed.
The US may not control the world, but it sure looks like it is trying to:
https://news.antiwar.com/2018/03/23/maj ... -military/
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

User avatar
Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5483
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Austin Harper » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:19 pm

Your nickname/joke isn't catching on. The more you do it by yourself the lamer it gets.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5979
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Tom Palven » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:53 pm

Austin Harper wrote:Your nickname/joke isn't catching on. The more you do it by yourself the lamer it gets.
Frankly, it didn't occur to me that the epithet "Agent 008' would catch on. It's just to annoy Matthew, wiho tries to annoy me with all his laughing smileys.

Do his smileys get lame?
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

User avatar
Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5483
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Austin Harper » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:23 am

They can. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu May 31, 2018 7:52 am

Tom Palven wrote:Frankly, it didn't occur to me that the epithet "Agent 008' would catch on.
It did "catch on". Everyone caught on that you are a complete idiot who doesn't know the difference between a British "intelligence officer" (007) and an American CIA "agent" . :lol:

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34502
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: My nightmare
Location: Transcona

Re: Libertarian Party head a CIA Asset

Post by Gord » Thu May 31, 2018 8:37 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:Frankly, it didn't occur to me that the epithet "Agent 008' would catch on.
It did "catch on". Everyone caught on that you are a complete idiot who doesn't know the difference between a British "intelligence officer" (007) and an American CIA "agent" . :lol:
Wait, I thought you were Mexican or something!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?