USA 2020 Dem presidential candidate speculation thread.

Where no two people are likely to agree.
JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Re: USA 2020 Dem presidential candidate speculation thread.

Post by JO 753 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:53 pm

TJrandom wrote:Yes, but you would vote for anyone who wasn`t named Trump... or Pence... or Ryan... or... or... or X.... :lol:
I assume you mean anybody running az a Republican. You are correct. The entire party shoud disband and slink away quietly. Peepl shoud be so ashamed uv calling themselvez Republicanz within the last 25 yirz that theyd prefer to admit to pedofelia.

I'm going to vote for 753 in 2020, but if for sum reazon I cant and Michelle iz running, I think she iz the best candidate I'v herd uv.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:16 am

JO 753 wrote:. . . The entire party shoud disband and slink away quietly. Peepl shoud be so ashamed uv calling themselvez Republicanz within the last 25 yirz that theyd prefer to admit to pedofelia.
Now you know how I feel about both parties.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:20 am

Feelingz based on false equivelensy.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:05 am

JO 753 wrote:Feelingz based on false equivelensy.
Nope.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:15 am

xouper wrote:
JO 753 wrote:. . . The entire party shoud disband and slink away quietly. Peepl shoud be so ashamed uv calling themselvez Republicanz within the last 25 yirz that theyd prefer to admit to pedofelia.
I`d second that.

If only an independent could win...

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:22 am

TJrandom wrote:
xouper wrote:
I`d second that.

If only an independent could win...
I'd second that.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:50 am

Maybe you 2 havent been paying attention to the Roy Moore situation?

Really, I think the false equivelensy iz to be expected. The GoP propaganda machine haz been running at full capasity for at least 10 yirz, so its hard to find any untainted water.

We've gon from "Folderz full uv wimin" arguably scuttling Romney'z chansez to "grab 'em by the pussy" being deemed OK by the rite wingerz.

On the 12th we will see how muddy the water iz if a serial child molester hypocrit iz preferable to any low down dirty Democrat.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:34 am

JO 753 wrote:Maybe you 2 havent been paying attention to the Roy Moore situation?
Actually I have.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention to all the Democrats in Congress who have also been charged with sexual assault and there is actual evidence for it?

Compare that to Moore's case where there is no evidence except for perhaps a forged yearbook, but only the word of the accusers (which has also been disputed by independent third parties). Not to mention that the age of consent in Alabama is 16. I'm not saying Moore is innocent (I have no way to know), I am just saying the Democrats do not have the moral high ground here.

Sorry, but I reject your opinion there's a false equivalence. Both parties suck.

Perhaps we should simply acknowledge we don't agree on this point?

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:44 am

JO 753 wrote:On the 12th we will see how muddy the water iz if a serial child molester hypocrit iz preferable to any low down dirty Democrat.
Yeah, well, Democrats have voted convicted felons to be mayors, so I would say they don't have the moral high ground here.

And I'm sure you haven't forgotten that Democrat Rod Blagojevich is still in prison for conspiring to sell Obama's Senate seat.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:44 am

pedophilia: the sexual molesting of young people by older people. An effective distraction from the rape of the American Public by Republican Tax Cuts/Wealth Transfer to the AllReadyTooRich under the guise of "reform." Too many don't even understand pedophilia giving it a pass if its "legal." Ha, ha........making tax reform even more difficult to spy out.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:59 am

:roll:

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:14 pm

xouper wrote:Actually I have.
I disagree, based on the rest uv your post.

You hav obviously been drinking the Fox Cable peed in prank Mountain Dew.

Even so, hiz interview with Hannity amounted to an admission.

Try to picture yourself being asked on a national TV show if accuzationz were true about you persuing and dating under aje girlz. If it wuznt true, woud you ansr anything other than 'total lie' 'never happened' 'outrajus falshoodz'? Roy can never take back "not az a rule", "not without their motherz permission", and a few other incriminating statements. No amount uv bogus outraje can ever erase that.
Maybe you haven't been paying attention to all the Democrats in Congress who have also been charged with sexual assault and there is actual evidence for it?
Yes, I hav. Franken immediatley owned up to it and invited an investigation. So far, hiz offens amounts to groping and a horse play foto. Are you claiming thats equal to attempted rape uv a teenajer by a 33 y.o. district attorney?

Conyerz iz going to be ousted by hiz own party. You cant credit the GoPs with an equivelent reaction agenst Moore sins he iznt a senator yet. They spoke loudly enuf agenst him befor, but now that its him or a Democrat most uv them hav either quieted down or are defending him.

Roy vs The Forsez uv evil
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:45 am

JO 753 wrote:You hav obviously been drinking the Fox Cable peed in prank Mountain Dew.
JO, that comment about my character is uncalled for, and false.

JO 753 wrote:Even so, hiz interview with Hannity amounted to an admission.

Try to picture yourself being asked on a national TV show if accuzationz were true about you persuing and dating under aje girlz.
In Alabama, 16 is not "underage". The age of consent in Alabama is 16.

JO 753 wrote:
Yes, I hav. Franken immediatley owned up to it and invited an investigation. So far, hiz offens amounts to groping and a horse play foto.
1. There are more accusations that just that one. And from more than one person.

2. Franken admitted only to the accusations where there was photographic evidence. He denied all the other accusations. And still denies them, saying he doesn't remember those incidents the same way his accusers remember them.

JO 753 wrote:Are you claiming thats equal to attempted rape uv a teenajer by a 33 y.o. district attorney?
No, I would not say those two are equal.

1. I wasn't comparing against just Franken, I was comparing against all the other Democrats who already have documented abuses and documented settlements paid for by the taxpayers.

2. It is also not (yet) proven that the rape accusations are valid. The yearbook looks to be forged, and several independent witnesses have cast big doubt in the rape allegation against Moore.

3. When Conyers (and all the others) get ousted, then you might have a point. Until then, Democrats do not have any moral high ground here.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:38 am

xouper wrote:
JO 753 wrote:You hav obviously been drinking the Fox Cable peed in prank Mountain Dew.
Progress! You are finally willing to admit that its a karakter flaw to be watching FCN.

In Alabama, 16 is not "underage". The age of consent in Alabama is 16.
14 iz less than 16. He had hiz eye on hiz current wife wen she wuz under 16.

Really, wut are you trying to do here? Therez no denying that Roy likes them yung. Yunger than wut iz considered socially akseptable. Granted, most men hav the same preferens, but most men do not go beyond daydreaming about it, let alone uze their pozition uv power to aksess teenaje girlz.

Just remembered the NBC show To Catch A Predator. It wuz a televized sting operation to catch guyz who thot they coud get away with it.

(replased deleted Youtube vid with similar)
Last edited by JO 753 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:03 am

JO 753 wrote:
xouper wrote:
Progress! You are finally willing to admit that its a karakter flaw to be watching FCN.
Nice try, but I did not admit to that.

It was your comment about "drinking the pee" that was uncalled for. It had nothing to do with FNC.

Would you be OK if I were to retaliate and say, "You have obviously been drinking the MSNBC peed in prank Mountain Dew. "

Is that kind of remark acceptable to you? Because if it is, then I will be happy to feed your insults right back in your face.

Otherwise, let's not go there.

JO 753 wrote:
xouper wrote:In Alabama, 16 is not "underage". The age of consent in Alabama is 16.
14 iz less than 16. He had hiz eye on hiz current wife wen she wuz under 16.
Good point. I had almost forgot about that one.

If you are referring to Leigh Corfman, then there are enough holes in her story to drive a truck through. That doesn't automatically mean it never happened. It was 40 years ago, so people's memories may be less than accurate. Ask Lance his opinion about the (lack of) accuracy of eye-witness testimony.

I don't know what the truth is and neither do you. Maybe we will never know.

With Conyers and other Democrats in Congress, it is no longer a question of "he said, she said". We have actual documentation and settlements paid for by the taxpayers.

In any case, the voters in Alabama will make their own judgments and vote accordingly, regardless what the facts are.

Likewise, if the voters were to re-elect Conyers or Franken, then I would say they are entitled to do that, just as they are entitled to vote convicted felons to be their Democrat mayors.

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:34 am

JO 753 wrote:Try to picture yourself being asked on a national TV show if accuzationz were true about you persuing and dating under aje girlz.
I assume then that you are abhorred that the Los Angeles Film Critics Association voted "Call Me By Your Name" the best film of the year, a film which "normalizes" and glorifies sex between adults and underage boys.

Call me a cynic, but I suspect that the people who made that film are not Republicans.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:47 am

EWWW! Really? EWWW!

Not that that addressez the point.
xouper wrote:It was your comment about "drinking the pee" that was uncalled for. It had nothing to do with FNC.
It had to do with FCN. The contaminated drink iz an analojy for 'news' that iz tainted. Its clear that you are going to soursez that are well established drink tainterz. Odd, considering your fondness for presision and lojik.

Consider an actual drink peeing situation. If there were a handful uv barz and resuturants in your community that were all owned by the same guy and just 1 uv them wuz to be revealed to hav its employeez regularly wizz in the customerz drinks, how long do you think all uv them woud remain iz bizness? Thats rite! 1 day! (I didnt wait kuz the ansr iz so rediculously obvious.)

BUT! Wut if many peepl in your town LIKED the taste uv pee added to their drinks? So all the resturants he ownz are well known for making the addition!

Now you, who I assume duznt want pee in hiz drinks, not even a drop will alwayz need to consider the sourse.

Its not like you can go to nonpee resturants and barz usually, so the occasional vizit to the pee establishments iz OK kuz it gets diluted.
Would you be OK if I were to retaliate and say, "You have obviously been drinking the MSNBC peed in prank Mountain Dew. "
You mean aside from it being a false analojy? No. Duznt bother me at all.
If you are referring to Leigh Corfman, ... I don't know what the truth is and neither do you.
Yes, I do. If you truly dont, it kuz you hav guzzled too much uv that fine Fox info.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:13 am

:roll:

Perhaps I have overestimated* your ability to apply critical thinking in these kinds of matters.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
* Footnote: Or to use a sarahpalinism — misoverestimated.

Bart Stewart
Frequent Poster

Post by Bart Stewart » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:45 pm

Chris Murphy of CT seems like a possibility. Sherrod Brown of OH, maybe.

Nobody too old. Nobody from show biz.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:01 am

Kirsten Gillibrand

I like her. Seemz I hav a preferens for the wimin candidates.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Yes that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:54 pm

NBC get serious about Oprah, then reconsiders.

NBC deletes tweet welcoming 'OUR future president' Oprah (via Yahoo)
NBC deleted a tweet posted during Sunday night’s Golden Globes telecast which appeared to endorse the suggestion made by host Seth Meyers that Oprah Winfrey should be president of the U.S.

“Nothing but respect for OUR future president,” NBC tweeted during the comedian’s monologue on Sunday night.

In a statement released Monday, the network said the tweet, authored by a “third party agency,” was “in reference to a joke made during the monologue and not meant to be a political statement.”

Analysis: But seriously folks, run it up the flagpole and see who salutes. Intended to start serious discussion.

Well why not?

Publicity hound huckster billionaire. People love that. And classier than Zuckerberg (to say nothing of ...) :mrgreen:
Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:50 am

Both 538
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/po ... n-in-2020/

and Opening Arguments
https://openargs.com/oa135-oa-inaugural ... asy-draft/

have a podcast about the possible 2020 Dem's lineup.

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster

Post by ElectricMonk » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:55 am

Concerning equivalency between the parties:
One nominated a demonstratively unqualified man to be president. Someone who cannot answer the most basic questions about the political system, the Constitution or the military he's supposed to be the commander of.
The other didn't.

Nuff said.

Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:15 am

ElectricMonk wrote:The other didn't.
Seriously? :roll:
Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster

Post by ElectricMonk » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:40 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
ElectricMonk wrote:The other didn't.
Seriously? :roll:
You can say whatever you want about Hillary Clinton, but she has the skills to be president.
Heck, basically everyone who has had to run a couple of campaigns and spend some time in office or congress has the capability to be president.
Whether they have the morals and lack of criminal record to do it is another question.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:59 am

I hope I will vote for the most qualified candidate whomever that might be.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:41 pm

More to "qualified" than just skills.

She's a war criminal, as is every other living former Secretary of State of the United States.

Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:42 pm

President Oprah? It Sort of Makes Sense.

Oprah endorsed by National Review. :pr:

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:29 pm

will oprah deport immigrants as all pres have...Obama having deported the most...?....will oprah order attacks to kill people in other countries as pres do? will oprah enforce immigration restrictions as all pres do?
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:08 pm

Will Oprah grab women by the pussy without consent?
Will Oprah tweet stupid {!#%@} on a daily basis?
Will Oprah collude with a foreign agent to help her win the election?
trump is Putin's bitch

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:11 pm

she would
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:29 pm

Ok then
trump is Putin's bitch

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:37 pm

Its interesting to me to see a discussion on what the basic competencies of the president should be. For me, it highlights the fact that the qualities of the person in that position "should be" almost irrelevant. this draws attention to the fact that as conceived and provided for in the Constitution ITS THE CONGRESS THAT SHOULD BE RUNNING OUR COUNTRY...not the President who is there merely to execute the laws passed by Congress.

The concept has been corrupted over time with the efficiencies of action by one person having great advantage over the multiple interested represented by the Congress......especially as corrupted by our Two Party System and the corruption of Money.

Oprah could well be the best thing that could happen to America. I doubt she'll run. Right now, she's pulling a Trump just trying to burnish her Brand. Pros and Cons...........to all we and Oprah do.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:44 pm

why would oprah be good? because she gives good speeches? will she deport people as she must?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:54 pm

Yeah...............the implication of my post was that a non-politician would force Congress to do their job.

But to your direct challenge.....more than anyone else I can think of, she might have the interests of the American People more in mind than securing power or keeping the Party Bosses/Interests happy or paid back for their influence. In fact, Trump was too much "of the system"......he even bragged about it, which was kinda ironic: "I know they are all corrupt because I worked with them (gave them money in exchange for access/influence) all the time." No one once ever noted that it takes two to be corrupt in the way Trump crowed. Oprah would be complete free from that kind of insider dealing.

its always a crap shoot.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:00 pm

she will have liberal elites at her...no difference...you can't get stuff passed unless you make deals...

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:09 pm

G: the president doesn't pass anything. Wrong headedly, you make my point. Of course there is "a difference" between a president that has deep political roots (eg Gilibrand or Warren, both a favorite of mine) vs one that does not. All kinds of elites will be at whoever is presdent....but where is their influence if you have no history with them?

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:15 pm

the elites have the power....they get what they want passed...all have enforcers...

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:20 pm

No.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:23 pm

yes