It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Where no two people are likely to agree.
User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5009
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Dwayne de Schwamp
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:19 pm

Should we be worried? The Chinese in the past have kept quiet about US warships in the Taiwan Strait. Now they are saying that's their part of the ocean and they will defend it "by any means necessary." They surely don't mean they'd sink US ships there. I don't doubt that they could wipe out the Seventh Fleet with the missiles they have, but they must know what retaliation that would bring from our ICBMs. It's taken them half a century to crawl out of poverty; I doubt that they are willing to throw it all away over this issue. So why ARE they calling attention to the issue all of a sudden?
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4626
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by ElectricMonk » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:21 pm

Testing whether the US under Trump is even capable of reacting to provocations.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has No Life
Posts: 11209
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by TJrandom » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:38 pm

If he pulls out of NATO, the Japan-US alliance cannot be far behind...

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10453
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Poodle » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:44 pm

Trump cannot pull out of NATO under his own steam. The alliance is backed by a formal treaty which cannot be rescinded without the backing of Congress.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30293
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:12 am

Poodle wrote:Trump cannot pull out of NATO under his own steam. The alliance is backed by a formal treaty which cannot be rescinded without the backing of Congress.
True. However I would like to point out that the Serdyukov military reforms to the Russian military are close to finishing up. Russia will have a professional army and technology to integrate with EU control systems. In August 2017 Macron did say that the USA is unreliable and said Europe should reach out to Russia to form a strategic military partnership. (However, in November Macron said an EU army was needed to counter China, the USA and Russia)


That suggests to me that the next two years are important. Either nothing will happen and a new sensible US president will reaffirm NATO or the Russians will trick Trump into doing something really stupid and leave NATO. As the UK is a bit of a mess at the moment, I can imagine the EU may need to become friendly to Russia anyway to counter the loss of UK military and political influence.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic
Posts: 10226
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:15 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:12 am
Poodle wrote:Trump cannot pull out of NATO under his own steam. The alliance is backed by a formal treaty which cannot be rescinded without the backing of Congress.
True. However I would like to point out that the Serdyukov military reforms to the Russian military are close to finishing up. Russia will have a professional army and technology to integrate with EU control systems. In August 2017 Macron did say that the USA is unreliable and said Europe should reach out to Russia to form a strategic military partnership. (However, in November Macron said an EU army was needed to counter China, the USA and Russia)


That suggests to me that the next two years are important. Either nothing will happen and a new sensible US president will reaffirm NATO or the Russians will trick Trump into doing something really stupid and leave NATO. As the UK is a bit of a mess at the moment, I can imagine the EU may need to become friendly to Russia anyway to counter the loss of UK military and political influence.
It’s all turning out Putin’s way, isn’t it?

Trump can’t pull out for the reasons given above and both the Democratic and Republican Party in the states favor remaining in NATO. But weakening it and causing Europe to make a deal with Putin only favors Russia in the long haul.
“They say..that in Slonim they gathered in the town square 14,000 people...and all were machine-gunned. I ask you, is it possible to believe such a thing?...How can the world remain silent? It is probably not true.”
Calel Perechodnik, Polish Jew, 1942

https://twitter.com/jonronson/status/10 ... 24832?s=21

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5009
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Dwayne de Schwamp
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:51 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:15 am
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:12 am
Poodle wrote:Trump cannot pull out of NATO under his own steam. The alliance is backed by a formal treaty which cannot be rescinded without the backing of Congress.
True. However I would like to point out that the Serdyukov military reforms to the Russian military are close to finishing up. Russia will have a professional army and technology to integrate with EU control systems. In August 2017 Macron did say that the USA is unreliable and said Europe should reach out to Russia to form a strategic military partnership. (However, in November Macron said an EU army was needed to counter China, the USA and Russia)


That suggests to me that the next two years are important. Either nothing will happen and a new sensible US president will reaffirm NATO or the Russians will trick Trump into doing something really stupid and leave NATO. As the UK is a bit of a mess at the moment, I can imagine the EU may need to become friendly to Russia anyway to counter the loss of UK military and political influence.
It’s all turning out Putin’s way, isn’t it?

Trump can’t pull out for the reasons given above and both the Democratic and Republican Party in the states favor remaining in NATO. But weakening it and causing Europe to make a deal with Putin only favors Russia in the long haul.
I'm trying very hard to think of ANYTHING Trump did that opposed Putin's drive toward power and influence in the world. I don't know what it would be. The sanctions were imposed by Congress. Perhaps Trump strengthened them at some point, but how significantly?

But even if there was one tiny thing that Trump did, it must be offset by the innumerable times he has kissed Putin's ass, driven a coach and horses through the NATO alliance, left Putin a clear path to influence in Syria, and the like. I still hypothesize that this whole thing is not due to Putin's blackmail (although Putin probably has materials for that), but rather Trump's desire to expand his business in Russia.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5009
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Dwayne de Schwamp
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:19 pm

TJrandom wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:38 pm
If he pulls out of NATO, the Japan-US alliance cannot be far behind...
And that's worrisome, as is the estrangement from South Korea. Fortress America! That seems to be the goal. Might as well resurrect Senator Borah and Henry Ford and Charles Lindbergh. Don't the idiots around him realize this isn't the eighteenth century any more, and two wide oceans no longer protect the US?
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 17120
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:04 pm

Y'all are forgetting the premise: Trump CAN'T pull out of NATO. Its a TREATY and requires approval of Congress. That ain't gonna happen.

Get back on the reality railroad track. I hear they guide evolution.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4626
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by ElectricMonk » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:44 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:04 pm
Y'all are forgetting the premise: Trump CAN'T pull out of NATO. Its a TREATY and requires approval of Congress. That ain't gonna happen.

Get back on the reality railroad track. I hear they guide evolution.
But he can stay away from summits and refuse to participate in exercises.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 17120
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:50 pm

Didn't you say follow the money?

Yea, Verily.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11734
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by OlegTheBatty » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:35 pm

. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5009
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Dwayne de Schwamp
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:37 pm

Nancy has GOT to hold the line here. Already some of her party is caving in to Trump and talking about compromise. What's the compromise between building a wall and not building a wall? If the Democrats give him even SOME of the money he wants for that to get the government open again, he'll be back very soon to shut it down again in order to get the REST of the money he wants, having proved that Democrats are a bunch of spineless wimps that he can push around at will. If the Democrats are too {!#%@} stupid to see this simple scenario, we are truly screwed.

I fear they really ARE that {!#%@} stupid. Showing up today in a "bipartisan spirit" to talk to a man who wants Strong Man Rule in the country is the height of stupidity. They have now confirmed his belief that he is winning and strengthened his determination not to yield an inch.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34378
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: My nightmare
Location: Transcona

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Gord » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:14 pm

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34378
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: My nightmare
Location: Transcona

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Gord » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:51 pm

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 17120
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:48 am

Yep.......if I were Nancy (sic), I would not CAVE IN to the irresponsible and impeachable actions of Putin's Puppet. But sadly, that IS the track record of the Dumbos. Hence their name.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4626
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by ElectricMonk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:00 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:48 am
Yep.......if I were Nancy (sic), I would not CAVE IN to the irresponsible and impeachable actions of Putin's Puppet. But sadly, that IS the track record of the Dumbos. Hence their name.
Pelosi is good with a stick, but she could dangle a fat-dripping burger, too.

No, not the Wall.
Just promise Trump that she and Schumer will praise Trump on TV if he ends the shutdown and forgets about his kind of border defense.
Giving him legitimately positive media coverage is all he really wants, and once hooked, will do almost anything to get more of.
Pelosi could train Trump like a puppy not to keep weeing on the Nation's carpets.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 17120
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:07 am

EM: I agree. ...... and she's used to morning sickness. Could pull that off quite nicely. But she could aim that same sickly smile at the American Public and claim she saved us from the shutdown with funding for the Gubment through Trumps 1000 er 4 year Reign and then defund the wall before any real construction began?

Lots of ways to beat a cat to death.........when you have the power to do so.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 17120
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:25 am

Watching lawrence ODonnel reporting on AOC walking into the Senate with letter demanding the Senate reopen the Gubment.

FANTASTIC.

.............................you go Girl.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 17120
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:29 am

Oh.........in tandem with Pelosi denying Trump access to Congress to give his state of the Union speech.............MASTERSTROKE.

..........................you go GIRLS.

Finally got some balls in opposition.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5009
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Dwayne de Schwamp
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:57 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:29 am
Oh.........in tandem with Pelosi denying Trump access to Congress to give his state of the Union speech.............MASTERSTROKE.

..........................you go GIRLS.

Finally got some balls in opposition.
You're not doing your usual close reading, bobbo. Pelosi politely suggested postponing SOTU. Trump's White House is interpreting that as only a suggestion, not a rescission of the invitation. Pelosi now needs to go in front of the cameras and make it absolutely plain that the President is hereby UNINVITED. Will she do it?
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5009
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Dwayne de Schwamp
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:59 am

Hollowest words ever out of the Trump Administration, this time from Mike Pence after the attack in Syria yesterday:

“We have crushed the ISIS caliphate and devastated its capabilities,” he said, using an acronym for the Islamic State. “As we begin to bring our troops home . . . we will never allow the remnants of ISIS to reestablish their evil and murderous caliphate — not now, not ever.”

Right, Mike, we'll stop 'em by pulling out. That'll teach 'em!

(Notice how Trump is never around when there is news that makes one of his policies look bad. No condolences from him to the families of the fallen soldiers, except by hearsay, through Pence.)
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 17120
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:21 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:57 am
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:29 am
Oh.........in tandem with Pelosi denying Trump access to Congress to give his state of the Union speech.............MASTERSTROKE.

..........................you go GIRLS.

Finally got some balls in opposition.
You're not doing your usual close reading, bobbo. Pelosi politely suggested postponing SOTU. Trump's White House is interpreting that as only a suggestion, not a rescission of the invitation. Pelosi now needs to go in front of the cameras and make it absolutely plain that the President is hereby UNINVITED. Will she do it?
Evidently.....you are right. My first report was that she canceled the SOTU. Haven't heard otherwise yet.........but I trust your good reporting.

We are no better than our sources.............easy to be worse, if we have an axe to grind.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Tom Palven » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:45 pm

Comments by Pelosi and also from neoconservatives like Lindsay Graham suggest that the deaths of US warriors in Syria indicates that they were doing something worthwhile there.

By that standard, the Vietnam War was exceptionally worthwhile.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11734
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by OlegTheBatty » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:47 pm

A comprehensive list of governments doing something worthwhile in Syria:
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5009
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Dwayne de Schwamp
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:01 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:47 pm
A comprehensive list of governments doing something worthwhile in Syria:
:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25995
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:14 pm

Reportedly, Cohen paid a Mr Gauger to rig online polls (and/or similar) for his former boss a while ago. The guy who took such liberty is from Liberty (University). Why am I not surprised... :-P
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5177
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by gorgeous » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:21 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:25 am
Watching lawrence ODonnel reporting on AOC walking into the Senate with letter demanding the Senate reopen the Gubment.

FANTASTIC.

.............................you go Girl.
----------the idiot aoc says the govt is starving people for a wall..
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25995
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:28 pm

...and others become one the few followers of #womenforcohen even tho they're just a lazy guy in their mom's basement spewing nonsense... :heh:
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 17120
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:30 pm

gorgeous wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:21 pm
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:25 am
Watching lawrence ODonnel reporting on AOC walking into the Senate with letter demanding the Senate reopen the Gubment.

FANTASTIC.

.............................you go Girl.
----------the idiot aoc says the govt is starving people for a wall..
Well, I long ago gave up expecting any expertise in our leadership. I'm happy when a few of them have one good idea per term. I have no doubt AOC will GROW in the job.........the reverse of the herd.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5009
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Dwayne de Schwamp
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:22 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:30 pm
gorgeous wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:21 pm
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:25 am
Watching lawrence ODonnel reporting on AOC walking into the Senate with letter demanding the Senate reopen the Gubment.

FANTASTIC.

.............................you go Girl.
----------the idiot aoc says the govt is starving people for a wall..
Well, I long ago gave up expecting any expertise in our leadership. I'm happy when a few of them have one good idea per term. I have no doubt AOC will GROW in the job.........the reverse of the herd.
Actually, AOC has a point. We DO have people lining up for food stamps as a result of the shutdown. And, if reports are accurate, at least one diabetic cutting down on insulin due to lack of a paycheck.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5009
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Dwayne de Schwamp
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:25 pm

Now Trump thinks he has scored a major victory over Pelosi by denying her the use of an airplane, which she says was to visit the troops and he says was to get a photo-op. He doesn't realize what an unforced error this was. First, he makes himself look even pettier than his followers think Pelosi was in postponing SOTU. Second, he gives her the chance to say that SOMEBODY needs to visit the troops since Trump has only done so once in two years. Third, he leaves her the option of chartering a plane at her own expense; then he'd be faced with the prospect of denying her access to the troops, which would make him look even worse.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5009
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Dwayne de Schwamp
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:31 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:14 pm
Reportedly, Cohen paid a Mr Gauger to rig online polls (and/or similar) for his former boss a while ago. The guy who took such liberty is from Liberty (University). Why am I not surprised... :-P
Indeed. The place run by Jerry Falwell, Jr. You may recall that when JF Sr. died, Christopher Hitchens wrote, "If you gave him an enema, you could bury him in a matchbox."
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5009
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Dwayne de Schwamp
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:34 pm

Seriously now. What could possibly make Pelosi cave on the issue of the wall? I can't think of anything. Trump, I feel and ardently hope, has met someone with bigger balls than he has. If she doesn't cave, he gets nothing but headaches and vilification. She can stand it a lot longer than he can. They're both up for re-election next year. But she's in a safe district and probably immune to any effort to dump her. I have a feeling a "Dump Trump" movement will be well under way by next January, if his presidency even survives that long.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic
Posts: 10226
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:45 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:25 pm
Now Trump thinks he has scored a major victory over Pelosi by denying her the use of an airplane, which she says was to visit the troops and he says was to get a photo-op. He doesn't realize what an unforced error this was. First, he makes himself look even pettier than his followers think Pelosi was in postponing SOTU. Second, he gives her the chance to say that SOMEBODY needs to visit the troops since Trump has only done so once in two years. Third, he leaves her the option of chartering a plane at her own expense; then he'd be faced with the prospect of denying her access to the troops, which would make him look even worse.
Big issue:
The trip was a secret so Trump exposed Pelosi to potential harm.
Moron.
“They say..that in Slonim they gathered in the town square 14,000 people...and all were machine-gunned. I ask you, is it possible to believe such a thing?...How can the world remain silent? It is probably not true.”
Calel Perechodnik, Polish Jew, 1942

https://twitter.com/jonronson/status/10 ... 24832?s=21

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5009
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Dwayne de Schwamp
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:47 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:45 pm
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:25 pm
Now Trump thinks he has scored a major victory over Pelosi by denying her the use of an airplane, which she says was to visit the troops and he says was to get a photo-op. He doesn't realize what an unforced error this was. First, he makes himself look even pettier than his followers think Pelosi was in postponing SOTU. Second, he gives her the chance to say that SOMEBODY needs to visit the troops since Trump has only done so once in two years. Third, he leaves her the option of chartering a plane at her own expense; then he'd be faced with the prospect of denying her access to the troops, which would make him look even worse.
Big issue:
The trip was a secret so Trump exposed Pelosi to potential harm.
Moron.
And, like everything else he's doing these days, he's digging himself deeper into the mire. There's speculation that he doesn't even care. He's in the final stages of delusion, like Hitler in 1945.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34378
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: My nightmare
Location: Transcona

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Gord » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:02 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:47 am
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:45 pm
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:25 pm
Now Trump thinks he has scored a major victory over Pelosi by denying her the use of an airplane, which she says was to visit the troops and he says was to get a photo-op. He doesn't realize what an unforced error this was. First, he makes himself look even pettier than his followers think Pelosi was in postponing SOTU. Second, he gives her the chance to say that SOMEBODY needs to visit the troops since Trump has only done so once in two years. Third, he leaves her the option of chartering a plane at her own expense; then he'd be faced with the prospect of denying her access to the troops, which would make him look even worse.
Big issue:
The trip was a secret so Trump exposed Pelosi to potential harm.
Moron.
And, like everything else he's doing these days, he's digging himself deeper into the mire. There's speculation that he doesn't even care. He's in the final stages of delusion, like Hitler in 1945.
Poor Eva Manelia.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30293
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:11 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote: The trip was a secret so Trump exposed Pelosi to potential harm.
I missed that. Now I get it.

Trump had confidential information about her going on a trip and then announced that trip to the public placing "the third in line for the presidency" in danger. That's pretty bad.
:D

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic
Posts: 10226
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:03 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:11 am
Jeffk 1970 wrote: The trip was a secret so Trump exposed Pelosi to potential harm.
I missed that. Now I get it.

Trump had confidential information about her going on a trip and then announced that trip to the public placing "the third in line for the presidency" in danger. That's pretty bad.
:D
He thought the letter was to his Russian contact.

:lol:
“They say..that in Slonim they gathered in the town square 14,000 people...and all were machine-gunned. I ask you, is it possible to believe such a thing?...How can the world remain silent? It is probably not true.”
Calel Perechodnik, Polish Jew, 1942

https://twitter.com/jonronson/status/10 ... 24832?s=21

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 17120
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:29 am

Thinking twice about it, cancelling the trip doesn't expose anyone to to anything.......except Trump to ridicule and scorn.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?