It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Where no two people are likely to agree.
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:32 pm

Ya think Pence can explain how Caravaners are getting through the as of yet sorely needed and government shutdown inducing but nevertheless already mostly built Trump Wall that kept them all out!? :scratch:

(If Pence is the maladroit android, Colbert sez Trump is like Alexa - only waking and responding when his name is being mentioned. :lol:)
Lard, save me from your followers.

TJrandom
Has No Life
Custom Title: Salt of the earth

Post by TJrandom » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Naw... I was just hoping that Pence too would quit... :P

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:48 pm

..............Just keeping it real: the caravaners are turning themselves in at checkpoints. Not crashing it.

And the dehydrated girl was air-vaced to the hospital but died after arrival. Probably could have been saved with an immediate medical triage on arrival...........you know........kiddie walking 3000 miles. I wonder what kind of alerts her parents tried to raise?==>or did they hide her for various stupid reasons????

I am AGAINST immigration....both legal and illegal.....................but.............I'm even MORE against any inhuman treatment at all. I mean: for the most part USA has caused the conditions motivating people to leave central america. I know....life sucks. EG: I would not deport criminals to central america. Its "our" crime afterall......................why aren't those criminals immediately put in prison down south....until they prove themselves worthy to be on the streets? How much more than tatooed tears and swastiskas do you need?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:20 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:48 pm
..............Just keeping it real: the caravaners are turning themselves in at checkpoints. Not crashing it...
...and are being denied entrance at points of entry. Some then try to cross illegally.

And the dehydrated girl was air-vaced to the hospital but died after arrival. Probably could have been saved with an immediate medical triage on arrival...........you know........kiddie walking 3000 miles. I wonder what kind of alerts her parents tried to raise?==>or did they hide her for various stupid reasons????
Reportedly, the girl's dad eventually reported her sick on the transport (after the group had turned themselves in) with a very high temperature and her not taking food or drink - nothing was done (for 1 1/2 hrs). She was airlifted only after she'd stopped breathing and went into seizures...

There are (were?) border patrols that would rescue dehydrated desert crossers and gave them medical attention. Apparently that practice has been abandoned by this administration?
I am AGAINST immigration....both legal and illegal.....................but.............I'm even MORE against any inhuman treatment at all. I mean: for the most part USA has caused the conditions motivating people to leave central america. I know....life sucks. EG: I would not deport criminals to central america. Its "our" crime afterall......................why aren't those criminals immediately put in prison down south....until they prove themselves worthy to be on the streets? How much more than tatooed tears and swastiskas do you need?
But where would that leave people like our Trumpster? Reportedly, he mostly hires those on short/temporary/seasonal work visas and even undocumented ones for his lavish abodes. (And, reportedly, pulled most funding for the Biden initiated help for those countries.)

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:57 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:48 pm
scrmbldggs wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:32 pm
Maybe not even that. This.Is.Who.They.Are. - self-serving, psychopathic scumbags.
It appears a couple of detectives have got some evidence on the Clinton Foundation that may interest the FBI and Mueller. (If so, that may keep Mueller around longer than Trump would like. Republicans will split with him over this.) Even though the Clintons are now utterly irrelevant to anything (thank GOD!!), the narrative will be that two guilty Clintons = one innocent Trump. Democrats have got to distance themselves from the Clintons until the investigation is complete. If the Clinton Foundation is as bad as I believe the Trump Foundation is (and the hypothesis seems plausible to me), then let them take the consequences. Let's have a general house-cleaning. The two detectives refused to turn over their 6000 pages of documents to Congress (and good for them!). All the GOP in Congress wants is some way to throw mud at the Clintons. But the FBI and Mueller will have to handle this information properly and investigate it.
I can't find any useful information on this. Got a (preferably non-Fox) link?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot 3

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:24 am

Tom Palven wrote: I await your reply in the Monument to Courage thread, Mr. Ellard, a-hole troll and BS artist extraordinaire, sir.
You haven't asked a question in that thread. I asked you a question and you ran away.

You claim the Fox news "Deep State" conspiracy is real and a threat to the USA. You claim the "Deep state" is a secret cabal of government employees who disobey their elected leaders (Trump) and governance imposed by elected leaders.

However you simultaneously claim Edward Snowden, a government employee, who disobeyed his governance and sold 1.5 million secret documents to Russia and defected to Russia is a hero. :lol: :lol: :lol:

In essence, you are like McCarthy. Anyone you don't like must belong to the Fox News "Deep State".
hannity deep state 6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:43 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:20 pm
Anyone doing that job as required by the golfer is bound to be involved in Mueller's investigation - if not indicted, eventually. Even all too eager Chris Krispy just turned it down...
Eureka!! It's Mulvaney!
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:48 am

Gord wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:57 pm
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
Maybe not even that. This.Is.Who.They.Are. - self-serving, psychopathic scumbags.
It appears a couple of detectives have got some evidence on the Clinton Foundation that may interest the FBI and Mueller. (If so, that may keep Mueller around longer than Trump would like. Republicans will split with him over this.) Even though the Clintons are now utterly irrelevant to anything (thank GOD!!), the narrative will be that two guilty Clintons = one innocent Trump. Democrats have got to distance themselves from the Clintons until the investigation is complete. If the Clinton Foundation is as bad as I believe the Trump Foundation is (and the hypothesis seems plausible to me), then let them take the consequences. Let's have a general house-cleaning. The two detectives refused to turn over their 6000 pages of documents to Congress (and good for them!). All the GOP in Congress wants is some way to throw mud at the Clintons. But the FBI and Mueller will have to handle this information properly and investigate it.
Well, unfortunately, the link is not much better than Fox News, but I don't think the story is made up out of whole cloth. Washington Examiner.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:01 am

Well, there's undoubtedly a story. :-P
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:05 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:43 am
scrmbldggs wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:20 pm
Anyone doing that job as required by the golfer is bound to be involved in Mueller's investigation - if not indicted, eventually. Even all too eager Chris Krispy just turned it down...
Eureka!! It's Mulvaney!
:lol: I was just about to post: Well, now we know!

He's gonna be "acting chief of staff" - wonder what that means and how long it lasts... and also what DeVos' next assignment might be. Spaced Force?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:05 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:20 pm
..............Just keeping it real: the caravaners are turning themselves in at checkpoints. Not crashing it...
...and are being denied entrance at points of entry. Some then try to cross illegally.
I assume that is true.....its always a mix of things each side cherry picking as they will.
scrmbldggs wrote:
Reportedly, the girl's dad eventually reported her sick on the transport (after the group had turned themselves in) with a very high temperature and her not taking food or drink - nothing was done (for 1 1/2 hrs). She was airlifted only after she'd stopped breathing and went into seizures...
Still not clear how "eventually" ties into the 90 minutes. ....Still sad...people fleeing terrible conditions. There is a "balance" to be struck.
scrmbldggs wrote:
There are (were?) border patrols that would rescue dehydrated desert crossers and gave them medical attention. Apparently that practice has been abandoned by this administration?
Worse...this adminstration is interrupting/sabotaging such services. Criminal in my book.....but....hard to fight the feds.
scrmbldggs wrote:
But where would that leave people like our Trumpster? Reportedly, he mostly hires those on short/temporary/seasonal work visas and even undocumented ones for his lavish abodes. (And, reportedly, pulled most funding for the Biden initiated help for those countries.)
Perfectly makes my case: Trump and the AlreadyTooRich like him would have to raise the pay they offer to attract workers.

.............Just ask yourself: why don't the Republicans actually enforce the immigrations laws?.....................tick/tock.

On just now: Julia Ainsley reporting on Chris Hayes: no medical services at the remote location where child crossed the border. She was feeling ill but "acceptable" when put on a bus for transfer to a larger transisting facility. Kiddie got obviously sick only by the end of the bus ride when she got treated. ////////// All in all....given totality....I don't see any evil villans.....just the human condition.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:14 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:48 am
Gord wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
Well, unfortunately, the link is not much better than Fox News, but I don't think the story is made up out of whole cloth. Washington Examiner.
Ugh.
...Moynihan and Doyle refused to turn over 6,000 pages of documents that they say back up their claims — documents that the pair has already given to the FBI and the IRS....
Well, good. The FBI and the IRS would be the right place to turn in evidence of that kind.

It's weird that they wouldn't turn over the documents, though.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:38 am

It could be that there is nothing to it - and if so, the IRS and FBI would simply let it die, whereas the committee might feel obligated to publicise it.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:52 am

Gord wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:14 am
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Gord wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
Ugh.
...Moynihan and Doyle refused to turn over 6,000 pages of documents that they say back up their claims — documents that the pair has already given to the FBI and the IRS....
Well, good. The FBI and the IRS would be the right place to turn in evidence of that kind.

Yes, it is weird. Something seems off.

The video wouldn't come up for me, but the text didn't offer a reason why they wouildn't turn over the documents. If they were constrained by an agreement with the FBI or something, why not say so?

Maybe they're waiting for a payoff?
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:54 am

TJrandom wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:38 am
It could be that there is nothing to it - and if so, the IRS and FBI would simply let it die, whereas the committee might absolutely would feel obligated to publicise it.
FIFY.
Last edited by Upton_O_Goode on Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:56 am

As we absorb the fact that our glorious Defenders of the Border murdered a 7-year-old child in their zeal to protect us, let us not give them the benefit of the doubt and say they didn't intend to do it. There is good evidence that that was exactly their intention.[/url]
Last edited by Upton_O_Goode on Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:47 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Not abandoned. Reversed. (See my previous post.)
Last edited by Upton_O_Goode on Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:06 pm

That'll endear them to the rabid ones even more. As also their renewed attempts to undo the ACA (a Texas judge just threw it out entirely) and prevent voters to put items on ballots. Or limiting early voting in Democratic leaning areas (Wisconsin), undoing things like increasing the minimum wage (Michigan) or the newly restored voting rights in Florida...

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:12 pm

Just a bit of evidence as to how desperate Trump must have been to appoint Mulvaney.

I have to think this video wasn't in the stack when Mulvaney was vetted for this job. Well, why would it have been? There wouldn't have been room in the White House library for all the videos in which someone called Trump a terrible human being. I doubt if they even keep a list of people who have done that. It would require a full-time archivist to keep it up to date.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:19 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:06 pm
That'll endear them to the rabid ones even more. As also their renewed attempts to undo the ACA (a Texas judge just threw it out entirely) and prevent voters to put items on ballots. Or limiting early voting in Democratic leaning areas (Wisconsin), undoing things like increasing the minimum wage (Michigan) or the newly restored voting rights in Florida...
I really want to understand the mind of a person who can rationalize or dismiss this crime. What's their argument? I've tried to imagine some:

"They shouldn't have come here in the first place." (And so, we're justified in making them die of thirst if they come?)

"It's the father's fault for bringing her here." (So it's all right for us to cause her to die of thirst?)

"Her father should have noticed she wasn't well." (So now he's supposed to be a doctor. Does he know the symptoms of dehydration? Is there a claim that the father had water he could have given her and didn't do it? Are there {!#%@} morons who can believe that?)

And, in the background, there is that border patrol that has been destroying bottled water left in the desert by humanitarian groups, at least since the Obama Administration. What is WRONG with these people? Do they believe they can round up all those who cross the border illegally and take care of them? They can't imagine that they'd MISS a few, and those people would die because the US government destroyed the water that would have saved them. Truly, the US has become a monster among nations.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:50 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:56 am
As we absorb the fact that our glorious Defenders of the Border murdered a 7-year-old child in their zeal to protect us, let us not give them the benefit of the doubt and say they didn't intend to do it. There is good evidence that that was exactly their intention.
I do hope I have the cred as one willing to criticize.................everything? Or rather, the inability to do anything else?? To the point: you are simply wrong. You are conflating the removal of water at strategic locations with the intake of the kiddie that died of dehydration.....the result of not eating and drinking for days before and a Father who didn't know the difference. NO ACTIVE HARM BY THE USA...........in this limited case. Decent humanity does not call for posting a physician every three feet across the border. The facts as reported so far is that "an error" was not even made. The kiddie did not appear sick.

We all suffer and gain from the abilities of our parents before anyone else. Don't cry wolf.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:56 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:12 pm
Just a bit of evidence as to how desperate Trump must have been to appoint Mulvaney.

I have to think this video wasn't in the stack when Mulvaney was vetted for this job. Well, why would it have been? There wouldn't have been room in the White House library for all the videos in which someone called Trump a terrible human being. I doubt if they even keep a list of people who have done that. It would require a full-time archivist to keep it up to date.
Mulvaney himself seems to be something of a pariah. Maybe that's the reason (or another one) he isn't fully committed to the job ("acting" only and keeping the way out firmly in sight) and is holding on to his current position(s) also. The one he simply took, and the one that needed and gained approval from Congress. They might not do that a second time around. But maybe his stench is complimentary and the two will get along just tremendously terrificly. By him mainly staying out of things and only putting up a FAKE front?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:38 pm

Just once I'd like to see any of the reporters who interview Insanetors who still defend their Chosen One ask them just how much they are being paid to do so...

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:15 pm

What Mulvaney said in the past doesn't matter - only how convincingly he can toady to Trump today.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:39 pm

...and who wouldn't like a big fat third paycheck to stay out of his twisted bizness...

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:15 pm

....oooh, and he can pick up a fourth, if he's quick. Zinke is throwing in the towel and bailing before a Democratic House will get on his case and investigate possibly corrupt behavior on his part. And, as Mulvaney reportedly stated, he's the only Cabinet member without any such ethical conflicts. :twisted:

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:32 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
As we absorb the fact that our glorious Defenders of the Border murdered a 7-year-old child in their zeal to protect us, let us not give them the benefit of the doubt and say they didn't intend to do it. There is good evidence that that was exactly their intention.
WARNING... In that link I noticed I was being redirected, and at that point my MalwareBytes shut it down with a warning that it was a risk for malware. This was the first time my MalwareBytes stepped in for an online site.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:04 pm

Thanks, TJ. :-D

In other news, looks like he Twiterred out a press release about his beloved Schrödinger's wall via DHS - while asylum seekers held in Mexico are being numbered with black permanent markers on their arms (yep, that picture that just jumped into your mind is quite appropriate) and allowed to proceed to points of entry at a 60/day pace. (Snopes checked the numbering story - it's valid.)

(And it looks like not all federal judges are like that dud in TX - yet...)

Edits: gammar
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:19 pm

Does it help that permanent marker isn't really permanent? aka; Its said with some validity I think that the reason Dumbos lose elections is:
Spoiler:
They/we? overreact.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:22 pm

Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:19 pm
Does it help that permanent marker isn't really permanent?
Like the internment camps for kids? Now holding approximately 15,000, and growing...

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:35 am

Tom Palven wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:52 am
Gord wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:14 am
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Gord wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
Ugh.

Yes, it is weird. Something seems off.

The video wouldn't come up for me, but the text didn't offer a reason why they wouildn't turn over the documents. If they were constrained by an agreement with the FBI or something, why not say so?

Maybe they're waiting for a payoff?
The article says they claimed they weren't allowed to share the documents because of the FBI investigation but the FBI said that wasn't the case. The article also said they're expecting to make money off of their work, and that the IRS often pays a percentage of recovered funds in such cases.

So maybe they don't want to share the reward, so they don't want anyone else to see their evidence and use it themselves to try to claim a portion.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:04 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:12 pm
I have to think this video wasn't in the stack when Mulvaney was vetted for this job.
When they told Trump they had to vet Mulvaney, he said: "What do you mean, vet? He's not a dog. Tell him to give you a doctor's note and that'll be fine."
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:37 am

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/google- ... -1.4214594
Google CEO explains to Congress why searching for 'idiot' turns up pictures of Trump

The word “idiot” quickly became the most searched term on Google after Democratic congresswoman Zoe Lofgren pointed out results from the search reveal pictures of U.S. President Donald Trump....

...“If you Google the word ‘idiot’ under images, a picture of Donald Trump comes up. I just did that. How would that happen?” she asked....

...“We take the keyword and match it against their pages and rank them based on over 200 signals -- things like relevance, freshness, popularity, how other people are using it,” he testified. “Based on that, at any given time, we try to rank and find the best search results for that query.”

The word “idiot” was the most-searched term on Tuesday with more than 1 million searches, according to Google Trends.

Trump’s face also appears on Google image searches for “stupid” and “racist.”...
:falloff:
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:50 am

TJrandom wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:32 pm
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
WARNING... In that link I noticed I was being redirected, and at that point my MalwareBytes shut it down with a warning that it was a risk for malware. This was the first time my MalwareBytes stepped in for an online site.
Thanks, TJ. I"ll remove the link, although I've yet to find any malware at a washingtonpost.com website. But, let's have an abundance of caution.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Gord wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:37 am
https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/google- ... -1.4214594
Google CEO explains to Congress why searching for 'idiot' turns up pictures of Trump

The word “idiot” quickly became the most searched term on Google after Democratic congresswoman Zoe Lofgren pointed out results from the search reveal pictures of U.S. President Donald Trump....

...“If you Google the word ‘idiot’ under images, a picture of Donald Trump comes up. I just did that. How would that happen?” she asked....

...“We take the keyword and match it against their pages and rank them based on over 200 signals -- things like relevance, freshness, popularity, how other people are using it,” he testified. “Based on that, at any given time, we try to rank and find the best search results for that query.”

The word “idiot” was the most-searched term on Tuesday with more than 1 million searches, according to Google Trends.

Trump’s face also appears on Google image searches for “stupid” and “racist.”...
:falloff:
Where's the beef in that explanation? I don't see it. My own common sense says some image of a cartoon idiot should be number one if there is not a political bias. Contra: how many printed references are there to Trump "being" an idiot? Its mostly liar isn't it? Hmmmm.....let me go image search on liar.=======mostly Pinocchio, just as I said. Then Jim Carrey appropriate as having starred in movie of the same name. One pic with liar stamped on Trumps head.

.............an updated image search on Liar should reveal GOOGLE as this explanation is proven BS. ................Just know when you are being manipulated.

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:38 pm

the point is that Google is providing the algorithm, not the ranking.
The ranking is done by the users through the links they choose.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:39 pm

Yes.........thats exactly what I said.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:46 pm

Expanding just a bit..........seems to me Trump is called "Smart" more often in newsclips than he is called idiot.....not that a valid algorerhythm couldn't still pull up Trumps Picture. Calling Trump smart for trolling his moron base always rankles me, so maybe I am over noticing it?

But any algorerhythm that pulls up Trump for stupid should certainly pull up liar as well? And my thought on Liar is "Where is Can only lie when her mouth opens Sarah Huckleberry."

Google is lying. Plain to see..............Not that the truth doesn't have a liberal bias, its just not bullet proof.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Maybe try that other word you used - 'moron'. :-P

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:53 pm

Yep......lots of Trump there.....and when the caption is a quote with moron in it: totally valid. But like stupid......my own experience is that of all the pejoratives that have been used on Trump "LIAR" is the most common. .......Hmmmm.....maybe google is filtering THOSE hits to me?

Ha, ha........point could be: we are being manipulated all the time by forces pro and cons, obvious and not. Its always good to be alert. We need more lerts.