It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Where no two people are likely to agree.
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:50 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: Something past mental defective to even mention Biden as a candidate...talk about not seeing the horizon for being in a rut.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor old Joe. Remember he had to drop out of the primaries donkey's years ago when he was found to have plagiarized speeches by Neil Kinnock. I keep hoping some new star will rise, as Obama did 15 years ago. But we need more than one. We need depth. It's a formidable task.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:25 pm

Contra is: who would best run against Trump? Who is democratic enough to still get that base out while old white guy enough to get some of Trumps support? Kinda looks like Biden???? There have always been more dumbocrats than pukes...BUT THE DEMOCRATS DON'T VOTE. Its the deplorables who vote vs the detached who don't.

Some bright young thing will obvious stimulate the Dumbo base to vote...but will it be enough? Contra to that: the dumbos have won the popular vote in 5 out of the last 6 elections but lost 4 of them to the electoral college. HELLO??????? How old do you have to be to recognize its not the popular vote/message that controls?????

Politics. Its not about right and wrong, but who wins.

Michael Moore was one of the first warning that Trump was going to win in 2014. He's doint it again for 2018......Hello????????
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Post-bloom

Post by Poodle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:47 pm

Boris Johnson dropped his US citizenship at the end of 2016, so you can't have him.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:02 am

I received an email from some PAC - asking if Hillary should run again. Of course I said NO, but on second thought, maybe she should team up with one of the sure-to-lose democratic senators and get eliminated in primaries. I wish I had a good suggestion for the Democrats, as surely the world cannot abide 8 years of Trump.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:06 am

So, from the new indictments, I construct the following plausible scenario. 1. July 26, 2016: Don Jr. hears from the Russians about "30,000 e-mails" hacked. (This is a fact.) 2. They offer to publish them in return for some favor or favors to be delivered by Trump if elected. Don Jr. says Trump will have to think about this, and communicates it to Trump.(This is conjecture.) 3. July 27, 2017. Trump, at a press conference, invites the Russians to find the "30,000 e-mails." That was the first time he used this strange number. (This is a fact.) 4. Conjectured conclusion: Trump's statement was a pre-arranged signal to the Russians that he accepted the deal.

While this is partly conjecture, I think it covers the facts better than any other scenario. It leaves Trump's hands officially clean. He didn't meet with the Russians. He didn't talk to them about the signal. It was all done through third parties. And it's not hard to guess what was promised to the Russians in return: the end of sanctions, support for Putin, disruption of the Atlantic alliance....

Of course, the two factual data points COULD be isolated, not connected at all. But it's an astounding coincidence that Trump chose just that moment to use just that 30,000 figure. Where did he get it?
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:15 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:...the dumbos have won the popular vote in 5 out of the last 6 elections but lost 4 of them to the electoral college. HELLO??????? How old do you have to be to recognize its not the popular vote/message that controls?????
The Electoral College isn't even the worst of it. The worst of it is the US Senate. It was essential to create it in order to get the country organized as a confederacy of independent states, but we have evolved way past that. The "full faith and credit" provision gradually integrated us, and people now move regularly from state to state in enormous numbers, expecting that their rights will be the same wherever they go. We are now a single country, and the states are a burdensome anachronism and should be abolished. Consider, as someone recently pointed out, that the 49 Senators who caucus with the Democrats represent 180 million people. The 51 who caucus with the Republicans represent only 142 million. The majority of the country is getting screwed by these {!#%@}. But it will take a major economic crisis to break the hold of the military/industrial/pharmaceutical.... complex that now rules over us. And even that is more likely to lead to a dictator than to a restoration of popular democracy.

Oh well, watch Fox News for all the details when Trump returns triumphantly from his meeting with Putin. And when you do, keep in mind the image of Caligula's triumphant return from Britain, as depicted by Robert Graves. I honestly believe the military parade Trump wants in Washington, DC, is the exact American copy of the old Roman triumphal procession. And Fox News would love to be its sponsor and organizer.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:21 pm

Just wondering... can Trump pardon the Russians?

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:58 pm

TJrandom wrote:Just wondering... can Trump pardon the Russians?
Sure, but he won't pardon Obama, who, as he knows, was REALLY the one behind the hacking.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:41 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:On the other hand here is a thrilling picture of our beloved Trump arriving in London:

For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:25 pm

Bump
Also, Donald Trump is a clownfraud who only got involved in this for the attention.

Deadspin, 2014:
https://deadspin.com/there-are-just-two ... 1613879544

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: My nightmare

Post by Gord » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:53 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Bump
Are you suggesting she should have pushed him down the stairs?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:58 pm

Gord wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:Bump
Are you suggesting she should have pushed him down the stairs?
Sure. Then we could say that Trump didn’t like London and decided to bounce.

Ha-Ha!!!!!!

I am so sorry, I don’t know where that came from.
Also, Donald Trump is a clownfraud who only got involved in this for the attention.

Deadspin, 2014:

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:44 pm

He gets lamer every day. Asked if he would request extradition of the indicted Russians, he said, "I hadn't thought of that. Maybe I will."

"Hadn't thought of it"???!!! Jesus {!#%@} Christ, we are so screwed!!!

Now, on the eve of the summit with Putin (whom he will NOT confront in any way, shape, form, or manner whatever!) and asked to name our "foes" in the world, the one he says is the biggest is....the EU!!!

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:42 pm

I am waiting for Japan to be named next....

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:12 am

The Master of the Spoken Word speaks again: Hear his oracular utterances, all ye peasants!
Donald J. Trump wrote:We would make a great deal with the United Kingdom because they have product that we like. I mean they have a lot of great product. They make phenomenal things, you know, and you have different names -- you can say 'England,' you can say 'UK,' you can say 'United Kingdom,' so many different -- you know you have, you have so many different names..
What eloquence!! Only slightly marred by the fact that he says "England" when he should say "Britain." The Welsh and Scots and Northern Irish (and probably the Cornish as well) don't necessarily feel included when you say "England."

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:58 pm

They should not feel included. Isn't that the distinction?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:14 pm

It seems to me that the US congress needs to declare war on Russia and then arrest Trump for treason the next time he supports Putin over the findings of the US authorities. Trump has shown himself to be a traitor to the US.

According to the Russian Constitution, the Russian Federation consists of republics, krais, oblasts, cities of federal importance, an autonomous oblast and autonomous okrugs, all of which are equal subjects of the Russian Federation.
So what is the US now in the greater Russian Federation – a republic, krais, oblast…? I am thinking an oblast, with Trump being the Governor appointed by Putin.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:46 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:They should not feel included. Isn't that the distinction?
Well, exactly, and that's why Trump shouldn't be using "England" as a synonym for "Great Britain" or "UK". If you just want to list names of particular inhabitants of the UK, he left out the Geordies, the East Anglians, the Yorkshiremen, the Cumbrians,....

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:51 pm

TJrandom wrote:It seems to me that the US congress needs to declare war on Russia and then arrest Trump for treason the next time he supports Putin over the findings of the US authorities. Trump has shown himself to be a traitor to the US.

According to the Russian Constitution, the Russian Federation consists of republics, krais, oblasts, cities of federal importance, an autonomous oblast and autonomous okrugs, all of which are equal subjects of the Russian Federation.
So what is the US now in the greater Russian Federation – a republic, krais, oblast…? I am thinking an oblast, with Trump being the Governor appointed by Putin.
Well, since the USSR is defunct, we could go back to tsarist times and call it a guberniya, with Trump as gubernator. But we'll be whatever Putin wants us to be. Ask the Karelians, who are very Finnish Russians. They were seized by the USSR in the 1940 war and made into a Union Republic (Soyuznaya Respublika). Now that much-vaunted 1936 "Stalin" Constitution says that Union Republics cannot be deprived of their rights without their consent. So, in 1955, when it suited the bureaucrats in Moscow, Karelia was made into an "Autonomous Republic" (Avtonomnaya Respublika) within the Russian Republic. Needless to say, no plebiscite was held to determine what the Karelians wanted.

Try to get the US Congress to budge on this. Even after this outrageous piece of public ass-licking, only a few Republicans are protesting. Trump has managed to convince people that the whole Mueller inquiry is just an attempt to railroad him. He keeps harping on the absence of any proof that he colluded. And SO WHAT? The inquiry is about Russian interference in our election; it's not about Trump. If he gets off with a whole coat, he'll junk the findings of the special prosecutor and let Putin continue interfering.

Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:00 pm

Watching Trump with Putin convinces me even more there has to be a pee tape somewhere.

Deadspin, 2014:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:29 pm

No pee tape necessary. He sells out to the most admired bidder and his infatuation puts Pootie on top.
Lard, save me from your followers.

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:45 pm

The only way Trump will say anything bad about Putin is if the DNC nominates Putin to run for pres representing the Dems. Once the Dems realize this, I reckon it will be a done deal even if it does require a fake birth certificate.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:59 pm

Full text of John McCain's statement today:
John McCain wrote:Today’s press conference in Helsinki was one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory. The damage inflicted by President Trump’s naiveté, egotism, false equivalence, and sympathy for autocrats is difficult to calculate. But it is clear that the summit in Helsinki was a tragic mistake. President Trump proved not only unable, but unwilling to stand up to Putin. He and Putin seemed to be speaking from the same script as the president made a conscious choice to defend a tyrant against the fair questions of a free press, and to grant Putin an uncontested platform to spew propaganda and lies to the world. It is tempting to describe the press conference as a pathetic rout — as an illustration of the perils of under-preparation and inexperience. But these were not the errant tweets of a novice politician. These were the deliberate choices of a president who seems determined to realize his delusions of a warm relationship with Putin’s regime without any regard for the true nature of his rule, his violent disregard for the sovereignty of his neighbors, his complicity in the slaughter of the Syrian people, his violation of international treaties, and his assault on democratic institutions throughout the world. Coming close on the heels of President Trump’s bombastic and erratic conduct towards our closest friends and allies in Brussels and Britain, today’s press conference marks a recent low point in the history of the American Presidency. That the president was attended in Helsinki by a team of competent and patriotic advisors makes his blunders and capitulations all the more painful and inexplicable. No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant. Not only did President Trump fail to speak the truth about an adversary; but speaking for America to the world, our president failed to defend all that makes us who we are — a republic of free people dedicated to the cause of liberty at home and abroad. American presidents must be the champions of that cause if it is to succeed. Americans are waiting and hoping for President Trump to embrace that sacred responsibility. One can only hope they are not waiting totally in vain.
I give McCain high marks for most of this. But the ending is pathetic. What will it take for these morons to understand that Trump is NEVER going to embrace any responsibility, sacred or profane? And he "hopes." Right. I do recall that Obama was ridiculed for talking about hope.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:20 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:..... But the ending is pathetic.
Amen.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:40 am

... Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.
Yes indeed - liars and dictators, and lying dictators, are generally extremely strong and powerful in denying their misdeeds.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:38 am

The news gets worse. According to the New York Times,
NYT wrote:Yet on perhaps the most unsettling question of all — whether Russia had compromising material on the president — Mr. Putin offered Mr. Trump no comfort. Instead of simply saying no, he observed that Mr. Trump was one of hundreds of American business people who had visited Russia.

“Do you think we try to collect compromising material on each and every single one of them?” Mr. Putin asked.
Putin is shrewd enough to know that that implicatio falsii will slip past Fox News. They don't know when a question is being evaded. They'll spin it as a denial. But to answer Putin's rhetorical question: No, we don't believe you have the resources to collect kompromat on everybody, just people who are wealthy and likely to become influential.
Last edited by Upton_O_Goode on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:42 am

Scariest thing of all: Even here, Trump's douchebag followers like Sean Hannity and Rand Paul are STILL WITH HIM. And that means his tens of millions of zombie voters are probably also still with him. So much for dealing with an expansionist, murderous regime. We've got Neville Chamberlain without Chamberlain's rhetorical skills as our President.

I think we can appropriately paraphrase St. Paul here (Romans 8:38--39). Changes to the original text are in boldface.

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from our love of Trump. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from our love of Trump. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of Trump that is revealed in the opinion polls.

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:50 am

Saying that Trump was just one of hundreds of businessmen hurt Trump's feelings.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:48 pm

Trump is saving the world from nukes...he will be re elected...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Post-bloom

Post by Poodle » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:53 pm

I'll have to work on that one - hard. Has he also saving the world from a second term? That's the real question.

Jeffk 1970
True Skeptic

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:15 pm

gorgeous wrote:Trump is saving the world from nukes...he will be re elected...

I don’t know if he’s saving the world from nukes but he definitely pays a lot of homage to Putin’s rocket.

Deadspin, 2014:

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:06 pm

It's quite clear: What he is saying is what he thinks reality really is! Anyone who says differently is just an enemy/loser/fake news purveyor. His insanity is crystal-clear, and his followers have lost their sanity along with him.

Even one of those Fox pundits who saw how insane his press conference was YET held out hope that "he did better in his one-on-one meeting with Putin." Now why would any sane person take the plain evidence all can see and infer that what was kept secret from them would show exactly the opposite? Only a person desperate to hold onto a faith whose irrationality becomes more obvious day by day.
Last edited by Upton_O_Goode on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:12 pm

gorgeous wrote:Trump is saving the world from nukes...he will be re elected...
In this now-crazy country, he just might be re-elected.

But..."saving the world from nukes"??? Come on; nobody has used nukes since 1945. We didn't need saving from them until Trump came into office and started us down the path of renovating our nuclear arsenal.

I suppose, as someone recently said, if he ever does get impeached and removed from office, he'll say he saved the country from himself.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:12 pm

And from Obama, and from Hillary of course....

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:24 pm

Trump meant to say the exact opposite of what he said yesterday. Trump always does this. Trump did the same when he complimented Kim Jong-un on his dictatorship. I don't see how anyone can take anything he says seriously. You simply can't know what he means when he says anything, if he's telling the truth that he "was kidding" or he "meant to say wouldn't instead of would".

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/43p ... n-meddling
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:02 pm

I think he said exactly what he meant, but later realised it wouldn`t fly - so he just lied once more.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:07 pm

TJrandom wrote:I think he said exactly what he meant, but later realised it wouldn`t fly - so he just lied once more.
Absolutely on target, both you and Monster! He's all contrition now and says he accepts the Intel. Why is he saying that? Because he blundered into a shitstorm and knows he's got to dig his way out. But he'll take it back again, just the way he's gone back and forth a couple of time on the birther issue. Now that he is safely back in Washington, where he doesn't have Putin beside him, he dares to say Russia interfered with the election. Is he also going to take back all the trashing of American foreign policy that he did? All the blaming of America for bad relations with Russia? All his refusal to think about, much less talk about Putin's aggressive military coups in Ossetia, the Crimea, Ukraine, all the political opponents and journalists who have been murdered on Putin's orders? Why not speak out on that, Trump? Why not announce stringent measures to combat Russian hacking this summer and in 2020? You know he won't do that, because he NEEDS that hacking.

Breathes there a creature with ears who is capable of believing this bare-faced lie??? After he's said the exact opposite so many times, including in the run-up to the summit itself? He has never before said he believed Russia interfered in the electoral process. He thinks he can make any disaster disappear by simply pulling some lame excuse out of his ass. And he'll probably get away with it, just as any cult leader can bang all the girls in the cult and still be regarded as a holy man.

Meanwhile, news on the Manafort case is getting to be very interesting. I can't wait to find out who the five potential witnesses are. If they get immunity, you can be sure they'll tell the truth, because any lie would revoke the immunity. That is something not even a TRUMPet can deny.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:28 pm

TJrandom wrote:I think he said exactly what he meant, but later realised it wouldn`t fly - so he just lied once more.
Actually, I think that's totally correct.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:52 pm

You'all are being mesmerized by the BS generator. It doesn't make sense to you BECAUSED: we are sensible people, aka: NOT TRUMPS BASE.

I think Trump is fairly easy to understand after a bit of exposure: He is a man that has grown up in a vacuum where he has seldom been held accountable for his actions. Money does that to a lot of people. A few lawsuits and that "cost of business" is about it. Like any con artist......ITS YOUR FAULT if you believe the con. All feeding into Trumps Ego.

Trump is about MAKING MONEY FOR HIMSELF and his latest con is being President. His lies to get there are obvious but serendipitous to the voting public being fed up with the standard lies shoveled toward us every election year. They went with a new and different bunch of lies hoping for a change of play. We have gotten that but not quite what was promised: same old game. The Already Too Rich pimping the public that they care about us. Telling us what we want to hear. Just listen.

Its also been clear from the start WHAT PUTIN HAS OVER TRUMP. REMEMBER??????? Its "was" in the news repeatedly. Trump washes Putin's dirty money. "We don't need traditional bank financing, we get our funding from Russia." The million dollar property flips. Miss USA held in Russia.

I assume even a good look at Trumps tax returns would be hard to dig this out: off book financing. Not totally off though.....the heart and soul of a good con, tax return, money laundering is enough truth to pass review and enough lie to keep the parties happy.

Why haven't Trumps tax returns been leaked as yet? They must be sequestered in some manner not typical??? I hope this is the angle Mueller is working on. The money trail. Devilishly hard to cover up completely....and even when done, it only takes one witness willing to turn to show what is missing in the record. Most people are against tax cheats..... most of the time. But a good indictment along with job and economy numbers going South all could come together for 2018.

We'll see. But there is nothing mysterious about Donald J. Trump...……………… Just...………...LOOK!

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:48 pm

He accepts Russia's inclusion in the election meddling which, in and of itself, had no effect on the outcome of the farce...
Lard, save me from your followers.