It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Where no two people are likely to agree.
TJrandom
Has No Life
Custom Title: Salt of the earth

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by TJrandom » Tue May 22, 2018 6:29 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:I bet there are dozens of hackers who could take over Trump's Twitter account, but have correctly decided that they could write more devastating stuff than Trump, and even if they tired, no one would notice the difference.
That will be his fallback, when he is in the dock - `I musta been hacked.`

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue May 22, 2018 6:38 pm

That, and claiming other others wrote his twits. C'mon, would he be so confused and call his wife "Melanie"?

(Yes he would. :heh:)
Lard, save me from your followers.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Tue May 22, 2018 7:11 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:I bet there are dozens of hackers who could take over Trump's Twitter account, but have correctly decided that they could write more devastating stuff than Trump, and even if they tired, no one would notice the difference.
Was the word "not" supposed to be in there somewhere?
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Tue May 22, 2018 7:15 pm

Monster wrote:
Was the word "not" supposed to be in there somewhere?
Obviously - my bad.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed May 23, 2018 3:39 am

Gord wrote:I wish I could give more than one Like to this video on youtube, but I can't.

So I'm posting the link here, to give all y'all the chance to give it a Like. :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwxQCej2zlc

In Facts And Fears -- James Clapper :write:

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:18 am

A sober appraisal would put Himmler himself in the racially average band, or to some extent even below it: his face was round rather than oval, his nose more broad than slim, his normal bearing more ‘sagging’ than erect...
Longerich: Himmler

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed May 23, 2018 10:42 am

Can't get my MSN feeds this morning, but from the headlines, it looks like the DJIA will be opening in triple-digit losses. Apparently what spooked the market is that Trump is downplaying the trade war with China. Well, he'd have to do that, after he caved in to them. They do have some economic muscle, and buying huge amounts of soybeans from other places than the US was a neat way of reminding him of that. I remember how outraged my farmer relatives in Illinois were back in 1980, when Carter embargoed the sale of wheat to Russia. Trump needs farmer support, and they are people who always have their eye on the economic aspect of policies.

Still waiting to seek how this NK kerfluffle plays out. Trump was bluffing about "utterly destroying" NK and Rocket Man. He is now boasting that he scared them into the summit, but they know that talk is cheap. They can promise whatever they want and then do whatever they like. They've always gotten away with it in the past, and they know he is bluffing.

A thought experiment: How would the Republicans have reacted if Obama had called Kim Jong-Un a "very honorable gentleman"? Or, on the other side, if he had called him "Rocket Man"? Ten to one, they'd have pilloried him in both cases, for being naïve and trusting in the first case, and for being an inexperienced tyro with no understanding of the need for diplomatic language in the second.
Last edited by Upton_O_Goode on Wed May 23, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am

“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed May 23, 2018 10:44 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Gord wrote:I wish I could give more than one Like to this video on youtube, but I can't.

So I'm posting the link here, to give all y'all the chance to give it a Like. :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwxQCej2zlc

In Facts And Fears -- James Clapper :write:

If I had a Facebook account (don't want one!), I'd certainly give that a like.

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Wed May 23, 2018 10:47 am

Conservatives can't help thinking in terms of "slippery slopes" - all the time.
When a Republican does something outrages, it's an outlier, the worst case for things to be.
If a Democrat does the same, its an indication of a plan to do much, much more and worse along the same vein.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed May 23, 2018 10:47 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Next up: "I absolutely love and will not give up my favorite (and unsecured) Twitter phone, because it was a tremendous gift from my terrific friend Vladie!"

So THAT'S how the MGB knows everything we are doing. Can't wait to tell my Trump-supporting neighbor, who wanted to crucify Hillary Clinton for using a private e-mail server. He said she was telling all our enemies everything we had. Wonder how he'll wriggle out of this. Probably by ignoring it. That's the usual response of Trump supporters to irrefutable evidence.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Wed May 23, 2018 11:16 am

"Hmm, time to shift the blame."

*trundle trundle trundle*
sinkhole.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm

The Dealer at work:
Mother Jones wrote:So that leaves zero ambitious deals that Trump has negotiated. It’s not for lack of trying, either. He tried to repeal Obamacare. He tried to negotate on DACA. He tried to declare a trade war on China. He tried to bully Mexico and Canada into ripping up NAFTA and starting over. He tried to persuade Russia to deal with him on Syria. He failed in every case because he had no idea what he was doing; what the other side wanted; or how to get there. He just wanted to make a loud threat and then declare victory, and the result has been nothing but a trail of wreckage in his wake. No one in America of either party trusts him any longer, and neither does any country in the world—with the peculiar quasi-exceptions of Israel and Saudi Arabia.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:20 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:The Dealer at work:
Mother Jones wrote:So that leaves zero ambitious deals that Trump has negotiated. It’s not for lack of trying, either. He tried to repeal Obamacare. He tried to negotate on DACA. He tried to declare a trade war on China. He tried to bully Mexico and Canada into ripping up NAFTA and starting over. He tried to persuade Russia to deal with him on Syria. He failed in every case because he had no idea what he was doing; what the other side wanted; or how to get there. He just wanted to make a loud threat and then declare victory, and the result has been nothing but a trail of wreckage in his wake. No one in America of either party trusts him any longer, and neither does any country in the world—with the peculiar quasi-exceptions of Israel and Saudi Arabia.
Yes and only because he gave Israel what it wanted for so long and Saudi Arabia for the ripping up of the Iran Deal.
A sober appraisal would put Himmler himself in the racially average band, or to some extent even below it: his face was round rather than oval, his nose more broad than slim, his normal bearing more ‘sagging’ than erect...

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:21 pm

But it’s possible his biggest accomplishment, the tax cut, will enable “his” party to withstand a blue wave come November.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed May 23, 2018 2:24 pm

Clapper has lied to the American People. He is not to be trusted nor believe or relied upon even when telling the truth. He deserves to die in ignobility.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed May 23, 2018 2:29 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:But it’s possible his biggest accomplishment, the tax cut, will enable “his” party to withstand a blue wave come November.
Depends on what you consider accomplishment and biggest to mean....but as a gut hunch I don't think the tax cut will have much if any impact: it is too small for all but the 99 ((EDIT: 1%)).....but it might be a drum worth beating for the Trumpsters. No....bigger will be the "strength of the economy" as measured by the unemployment rate. A lie on par with the tax cut.

What strikes me as the most "impactful" action of Trump, hoping and assuming we don't slide into a Nuke War with 3-4 different folks, is: THE REPEAL OF DODD-FRANK. This gives the banksters and fraudsters another chomp on the carcass of fair dealing with the american public. Lord Love a Duck: we are going full tilt off the road.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/22/politics ... index.html
Last edited by bobbo_the_Pragmatist on Wed May 23, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed May 23, 2018 2:46 pm

It had some impact on trickle-away economics with companies like Harley Davidson and Carrier taking their loot, closing shop and going abroad.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed May 23, 2018 2:49 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:It had some impact on trickle-away economics with companies like Harley Davidson and Carrier taking their loot, closing shop and going abroad.
Thats the 1%....right?

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed May 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:The Dealer at work:
Yes and only because he gave Israel what it wanted for so long and Saudi Arabia for the ripping up of the Iran Deal.
And such strange bedfellows these two are. I remember when King Faisal came to the UN a little over 50 years ago and made some remarks to the effect that American Jews were supporting his implacable enemy Israel and were therefor his enemy. The then-mayor of New York (was it Robert Wagner? I don't remember.) refused to attend a reception for Faisal after that.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed May 23, 2018 3:38 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:But it’s possible his biggest accomplishment, the tax cut, will enable “his” party to withstand a blue wave come November.
Unless people get wise that the inflation he caused by spiking oil prices with his trashing of the Iran deal is actually costing more than the tax break helps (except the very wealthy, of course).

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed May 23, 2018 3:39 pm

Two enemies often unite against a third....... then go back to normal.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:26 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Unless people get wise that the inflation he caused by spiking oil prices with his trashing of the Iran deal is actually costing more than the tax break helps (except the very wealthy, of course).
This might take a few months to really hit people.

It really is fascinating, Trump acts like a Regan Republican with much more of a populist message. So, Bannonism with a dash of voodoo economics tossed in for flavoring.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed May 23, 2018 5:10 pm

Don't you guys know that it is not PC to speak of the doings and failures of the orange snowflake?

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed May 23, 2018 5:11 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
This might take a few months to really hit people.

It really is fascinating, Trump acts like a Regan Republican with much more of a populist message. So, Bannonism with a dash of voodoo economics tossed in for flavoring.
I was just down at one of my regular Wednesday-noon watering holes (my wife works on Wednesdays), and CNN was reporting that Pompeo denies the existence of any "deep state." Uh oh! Expect Trump to tweet that Pompeo is a good guy and, like Giuliani, will eventually get his facts straight.

Speaking of facts, lives there anywhere anyone dumb enough to think Devin Nunes is trying to ascertain what they are?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed May 23, 2018 5:15 pm

I get the feeling that the stunt they're currently pulling is getting the contents of the bucket to the rim.

Will the stubborn 35% plus McTurtle's and Ryan's donor troops be enough to get them through the midterms?

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:30 pm

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed May 23, 2018 6:11 pm

That'll bring Kim around...

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:12 pm

As a follow up:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/23/politics ... index.html

The odd thing is that I agree, the NFL has the right to set regulations on how it’s players act on the field. The NBA banned protests during the National Anthem and there is nary a peep about that. This strikes me as a business decision, the protests cost ratings and the NFL is about making money.

The kneeling spun out of control and whatever point or message was lost long ago. The problem I have is that Thud will inevitably make it about him and that he won this “culture war.” That makes me feel vaguely nauseous.

The NFL itself is committed to social issues and I appreciate that. I just hate that this will make the bloated orange manatee crow.
Last edited by Jeffk 1970 on Fri May 25, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:13 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:That'll bring Kim around...
Looks like Kim is playing “rope-a-dope” with the bloated one.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:15 pm

BTW this whole thing sucks and Donald the Thud is seriously cutting into the time I devote to history.

:D

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed May 23, 2018 7:03 pm

In that order. :lol:

May 23 - Our Trade Deal with China is moving along nicely, but in the end we will probably have to use a different structure in that this will be too hard to get done and to verify results after completion.

May 23 - Big legislation will be signed by me shortly. After many years, RIGHT TO TRY and big changes to DODD FRANK.

May 23 - There will be big news coming soon for our great American Autoworkers. After many decades of losing your jobs to other countries, you have waited long enough!

May 23 - WITCH HUNT!

But sounds like he screwed up that battle of the easy trade war bigly.

Jeffk 1970 wrote:As a follow up:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/23/politics ... index.html

The odd thing is that I agree, the NFL has the right to set regulations on how it’s players act on the field. The NBA banned protests during the National Anthem and there is nary a peep about that. This strikes me as a business decision, the protests cost ratings and the NFL is about making money.

The kneeling spun out of control and whatever point or message was lost long ago. The problem I have is that Thid will inevitably make it about him and that he won this “culture war.” That makes me feel vaguely nauseous.

The NFL itself is committed to social issues and I appreciate that. I just hate that this will make the bloated orange manatee crow.
Including tax cuts, two out of a gazillion ain't bad. Maybe he'll retire now?

(And Dodd-Frank was killing them. Horribly. They just reported a record first quarter.)

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu May 24, 2018 3:46 am

So he's giving conflicting messages about the scheduled briefing, probably to "inform" his base on what he wants them to think. But Mr Motormouth will not answer any questions about Rosenstein. That means he's scared outta his little mind again.

I also think they flipped Jared. :heh:

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:53 am

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu May 24, 2018 4:01 am

What issit with those links? All they do is flip me that bird. :glare:

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu May 24, 2018 4:10 am

#Winning:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatod ... /637826002

It isn’t about healing the rifts in our society, it’s about winning.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu May 24, 2018 4:13 am

scrmbldggs wrote:What issit with those links? All they do is flip me that bird. :glare:
LOL, sorry:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/sputniknew ... e-Houston/

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:06 pm

Apparently Kim said something mean:
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu May 24, 2018 2:36 pm

Ah, just like cooling it with Flynn, he dropped Kim because he called Pence a “political dummy”.

Pence already looks weird enough on his own, Dumpy using him like that makes it even ickier. Or is he that afraid of Pence sneaking up on him and helping with his ouster?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu May 24, 2018 2:59 pm

Thanks for providing the additional link, Jeffk. :-D

Even tho Haley approved of the example of exercise of free speech, so far it's not widely reported. But no surprise sputnik would jump on the incident...