It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Where no two people are likely to agree.
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:56 pm

LOL
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:04 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Just as Kellyanne Conway is telling Matt Lauer and George Stephanopoulos that the Flynn crisis was all about Trump's losing confidence in the general on account of its surfacing within the past few days that he misled Pence about his phone call, a number of media outlets, most notably the NY Times, are reporting that Trump knew about the situation for weeks, since shortly after his inauguration. The Times also reports that Flynn wasn't entirely "forthcoming" - he lied? - in his FBI interviews, which, again, occurred in "the first days" of the new administration.

By the way, in his press briefing later in the day, Melissa McCarthy gave a different, and equally problematic, time line to the one argued by Conway.

Flynn may be exposed to felony charges; Conway should be condemned to eternal damnation for her assault on facts, honesty, and decency.
Further, on Air Force One on his way to Florida last Friday, Trump told reporters he knew nothing about Flynn's call!

Trump has painted a bulls-eye smack in the middle of his fat face.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:08 pm

Rand Paul is not very bright:
I just don't think it's useful to be doing investigation after investigation, particularly of your own party. We'll never even get started with doing the things we need to do, like repealing Obamacare, if we're spending our whole time having Republicans investigate Republicans. I think it makes no sense.
So, let's not find out if Flynn or Trump or others were operating outside the law or coordinating with the Russians because . . . Obamacare.

This is clearly meant to become a GOP talking point: Jim Jordan (Ohio, House oversight committee) just argued for easing off any investigation because . . . Obamacare.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:21 pm

It's ok to dream a little:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:25 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Rand Paul is not very bright:
I just don't think it's useful to be doing investigation after investigation, particularly of your own party. We'll never even get started with doing the things we need to do, like repealing Obamacare, if we're spending our whole time having Republicans investigate Republicans. I think it makes no sense.
Raising Party if not Position over Country and Constitution and Constitutional Duties of The Congress as Check and Balance not enabler.

Its been a meandering road, but can the bottom of the barrel be much farther?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:30 pm

So, let's not find out if Flynn or Trump or others were operating outside the law or coordinating with the Russians because . . . Obamacare.

This is clearly meant to become a GOP talking point: Jim Jordan (Ohio, House oversight committee) just argued for easing off any investigation because . . . Obamacare.
Translation: Not until we broke what we want to and can break to our benefit, then oust him and complain about our inability to undo the damage while throwing a few morsels the nation's way to at least look like we are aware that there is one.
Lard, save me from your followers.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Custom Title: Lost in Translation

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:45 pm

So, in other words it isn't important to find out if the president or others in his administration broke the law or are vulnerable to black mail because it is more important to push our little agendas that we didn't think we would have this chance on November the 7th.

I think they would like Pence as president....the problem is that a scandal like this would generate shockwaves into the next election cycle, possibly bringing the roof down on their heads.

If I'm the Democrats I take up this torch and bring it up every day.
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”

Harvard Crimson (on why it refused to run an add by Bradley Smith):
“(It is) vicious propaganda based on utter BS that has been discredited time and time again.”

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:47 pm

Monster wrote:Forgive me if y'all already talked about this.

I saw some snippets of some crap that Stephen Miller said regarding Trump's executive orders. He said that Trump is 100% correct and shouldn't be questioned...I didn't listen to the entire thing yet, but this Stephen Miller guy seems to think that Trump is a dictator. I find that very troubling, to put it lightly.
And others are rejoicing...
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/sebastian-gorka-inauguration-medal-order-vitez-horthy wrote:“This is new proof that our little revolution has won! Sebastian Gorka, future advisor to Donald Trump, appeared on Fox News wearing none other than a bocskai!”

The post also mentioned that “the medal with the crown and coat of arms (on the left) recalls the order of knights founded by Miklos Horthy.”
Horthy was a Hungarian admiral and statesman who controlled the country from 1920 through 1944, and entered into an alliance with the Nazis early in World War II, according to the U.S Holocaust Memorial Museum...

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:50 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I think they would like Pence as president....the problem is that a scandal like this would generate shockwaves into the next election cycle, possibly bringing the roof down on their heads.
Speaking of Pence, Trump must despise him. He was apparently told the reality of the Flynn situation 11 days after Trump - and after making erroneous statements to the media - er, stating alternative facts - about the situation. Basically, Pence is a non-player: outreach to Congress is shite, he's out of loop, he's repeating Conway-level BS. He must be fuming.
Jeffk 1970 wrote:If I'm the Democrats I take up this torch and bring it up every day.
Oh yeah :)

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:57 pm

Comment under an article about Pence's...um... being :pardon: (besides the one stating that Pence saw the "same Intelligence Report(s)")
http://forums.talkingpointsmemo.com/t/discussion-report-pence-didnt-know-about-flynns-sanctions-talk-until-days-after-trump/51468/4 wrote:Can we contact the agency we got these guys from and tell them they aren't working out? I'm not sure we really need them, to be honest. Maybe we could all just stay a half hour late divide up the work among ourselves. I'll order pizza.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:02 am

scrmbldggs wrote:. . . besides the one stating that Pence saw the "same Intelligence Report(s)" . . .
is this verified? if so, pence is also lying . . . i believe the "time lag' info comes from pence's office? but i've been hearing reporting about pence being furious with flynn - and trump - and that his office is saying what it is saying because, in part, of his having been dealt with like that

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:15 am

Dunno, as I said, I read that in the comments.

And from the article I linked to in the earlier post: "Then-acting Attorney General Sally Yates alerted the White House that Flynn may have discussed sanctions in a December phone call with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak on Jan. 26. But according to two unnamed sources cited by NBC, Pence did not know until Feb. 9."

Edit: Taking out the quote/different article to post on its own.
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:18 am

NBC is strongly supporting its time line, which is what TPM has picked up.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:22 am

See above edit:
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/seth-moulton-it-would-be-definition-of-treason-if-trump-administration-conspiring-with-russia wrote:
Dem Rep: It Would Be 'Definition Of Treason' If WH 'Conspiring' With Russia
"Let me just be precise on this. You're throwing out a huge word, treason. Explain exactly what your concern is," Blitzer said.

"The definition of treason is putting the interests of our enemy ahead of our own," Moulton replied. "It seems like there's a lot of evidence that there are members of the administration who are more concerned about Russia's goals than our own."
"This is a very, very serious affair," Moulton said on Tuesday. "And while we need to understand what's going on with Michael Flynn, we can't let this little scandal or perhaps a big scandal at the moment let us lose sight of the much bigger scandal, which is what is the overall connection between Russia and the Trump administration."

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:45 am

Could someone please make FAUX News stop squawking and crapping their pants about a Russian ship ("an AGI (Auxiliary, General Intelligence)") that is currently
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/russian-spy-ship-patrolling-off-u-s-east-coast/ wrote:...off the coast of Delaware, well in international waters. It is expected to continue north until it gets to the sub base at New London, Conn., then turn around and head south toward Cuba.

The presence of foreign vessels and aircraft near U.S. territory is nothing new. In 2015, there was a flap about a Russian spy ship hanging out in a spot where the transatlantic cables are laid.

Edit: There, we've got a fuller and comparably levelheaded report.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Post by Xcalibur » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:06 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Could someone please make FAUX News stop squawking and crapping their pants about a Russian ship ("an AGI (Auxiliary, General Intelligence)") that is currently
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/russian-spy-ship-patrolling-off-u-s-east-coast/ wrote:...off the coast of Delaware, well in international waters. It is expected to continue north until it gets to the sub base at New London, Conn., then turn around and head south toward Cuba.

The presence of foreign vessels and aircraft near U.S. territory is nothing new. In 2015, there was a flap about a Russian spy ship hanging out in a spot where the transatlantic cables are laid.

Edit: There, we've got a fuller and comparably levelheaded report.
Don't those dumbells realize that ship is going spirit Trump off to exile in Argentina where he'll spend the rest of his days working anymously on a VW assembly line?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:07 am

DJT, 10 October 2016:
Wikileaks, I love Wikileaks. And I said write a couple of them down. Let’s see. During a speech crooked Hillary Clinton, oh she’s crooked folks. She’s crooked as a three-dollar bill. Okay here’s one. Just came out. ‘Lock her up’ is right.
DJT, today:
The real story here is why are there so many illegal leaks coming out of Washington? Will these leaks be happening as I deal on N.Korea etc
Doesn't love leaks any longer, does he?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:08 am

scrmbldggs wrote:See above edit:
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/seth-moulton-it-would-be-definition-of-treason-if-trump-administration-conspiring-with-russia wrote:
Dem Rep: It Would Be 'Definition Of Treason' If WH 'Conspiring' With Russia
"Let me just be precise on this. You're throwing out a huge word, treason. Explain exactly what your concern is," Blitzer said.

"The definition of treason is putting the interests of our enemy ahead of our own," Moulton replied. "It seems like there's a lot of evidence that there are members of the administration who are more concerned about Russia's goals than our own."
"This is a very, very serious affair," Moulton said on Tuesday. "And while we need to understand what's going on with Michael Flynn, we can't let this little scandal or perhaps a big scandal at the moment let us lose sight of the much bigger scandal, which is what is the overall connection between Russia and the Trump administration."
Moulton is not correct. The US Constitution defines treason - and Mouton's definition is not the one it uses.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:14 am

2. The constitution of the United States, art. 3, s. 3, defines treason against the United States to consist only in levying war (q.v.) against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid or comfort.

aka: same thing.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:37 am

damage control meeting in White House tonight:

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:49 am

ROTFL

Groening:

“(It is) vicious propaganda based on utter BS that has been discredited time and time again.”

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Post by Xcalibur » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:57 am

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:57 am

Sorry, scrmbldggs, was in a rush. A bit more on treason, from The Free Dictionary, legal section. Treason is
The betrayal of one's own country by waging war against it or by consciously or purposely acting to aid its enemies. . . . . Under Article III, Section 3, of the Constitution, any person who levies war against the United States or adheres to its enemies by giving them Aid and Comfort has committed treason within the meaning of the Constitution. The term aid and comfort refers to any act that manifests a betrayal of allegiance to the United States, such as furnishing enemies with arms, troops, transportation, shelter, or classified information. If a subversive act has any tendency to weaken the power of the United States to attack or resist its enemies, aid and comfort has been given.

The Treason Clause applies only to disloyal acts committed during times of war. Acts of disloyalty during peacetime are not considered treasonous under the Constitution. Nor do acts of Espionage committed on behalf of an ally constitute treason. For example, julius and ethel rosenberg were convicted of espionage, in 1951, for helping the Soviet Union steal atomic secrets from the United States during World War II. The Rosenbergs were not tried for treason because the United States and the Soviet Union were allies during World War II. . . .

The crime of treason requires a traitorous intent. If a person unwittingly or unintentionally gives aid and comfort to an enemy of the United States during wartime, treason has not occurred. Similarly, a person who pursues a course of action that is intended to benefit the United States but mistakenly helps an enemy is not guilty of treason. Inadvertent disloyalty is never punishable as treason, no matter how much damage the United States suffers.
In a decision in the early 1800s, Supreme Court Chief Justice Marshall wrote for the court that "To constitute that specific crime for which the prisoners now before the Court have been commuted [a charge of treason], war must be actually levied against the United States." Marshall's 1807 Supreme Court opinion also said that "The term 'enemies,' as used in the second clause, according to its settled meaning, . . . applies only to the subjects of a foreign power in a state of open hostility with us."

Treason is further defined by a statute - 18 U.S. Code § 2381 - which reads in part, "Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason . . ."

I cannot see how Flynn's actions fall under this definition of treason. Russia's interests may diverge from US interests, and we may take opposing positions and undertake contrary policies on important issues, but we're not in a state of war or open hostility with Russia. Since we are not in armed conflict with Russia, or in a contest using force, that is, we are not at war with Russia, Russia is not an "enemy," despite US-Russia conflicts.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Post by Xcalibur » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:13 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Sorry, scrmbldggs, was in a rush. A bit more on treason, from The Free Dictionary, legal section. Treason is
The betrayal of one's own country by waging war against it or by consciously or purposely acting to aid its enemies. . . . . Under Article III, Section 3, of the Constitution, any person who levies war against the United States or adheres to its enemies by giving them Aid and Comfort has committed treason within the meaning of the Constitution. The term aid and comfort refers to any act that manifests a betrayal of allegiance to the United States, such as furnishing enemies with arms, troops, transportation, shelter, or classified information. If a subversive act has any tendency to weaken the power of the United States to attack or resist its enemies, aid and comfort has been given.

The Treason Clause applies only to disloyal acts committed during times of war. Acts of disloyalty during peacetime are not considered treasonous under the Constitution. Nor do acts of Espionage committed on behalf of an ally constitute treason. For example, julius and ethel rosenberg were convicted of espionage, in 1951, for helping the Soviet Union steal atomic secrets from the United States during World War II. The Rosenbergs were not tried for treason because the United States and the Soviet Union were allies during World War II. . . .

The crime of treason requires a traitorous intent. If a person unwittingly or unintentionally gives aid and comfort to an enemy of the United States during wartime, treason has not occurred. Similarly, a person who pursues a course of action that is intended to benefit the United States but mistakenly helps an enemy is not guilty of treason. Inadvertent disloyalty is never punishable as treason, no matter how much damage the United States suffers.
In a decision in the early 1800s, Supreme Court Chief Justice Marshall wrote for the court that "To constitute that specific crime for which the prisoners now before the Court have been commuted [a charge of treason], war must be actually levied against the United States." Marshall's 1807 Supreme Court opinion also said that "The term 'enemies,' as used in the second clause, according to its settled meaning, . . . applies only to the subjects of a foreign power in a state of open hostility with us."

Treason is further defined by a statute - 18 U.S. Code § 2381 - which reads in part, "Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason . . ."

I cannot see how Flynn's actions fall under this definition of treason. Russia's interests may diverge from US interests, and we may take opposing positions and undertake contrary policies on important issues, but we're not in a state of war or open hostility with Russia. Since we are not in armed conflict with Russia, or in a contest using force, that is, we are not at war with Russia, Russia is not an "enemy," despite US-Russia conflicts.
Agreed, it doesn't.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:31 am

Yeah Eggs: How'd you get that so wrong?

Must it be declared war BY the USA, or as stated it only takes "an act of war against the USA?" Huuge difference.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:37 am

Huh, I wonder if Ryan will say this about the Trump:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?412339-1/ ... -reporters

Groening:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:38 am

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:46 am

Yeah... his orders... :?
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-arrest-exclusiv-idUSKBN15T307 wrote:...Daniel Ramirez Medina, a 23-year-old with no criminal record, was taken into custody last week at his father's home in Seattle by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers. The officers arrived at the home to arrest the man's father, though court documents did no make clear the reason the father was taken into custody.
Under DACA, the government collected information including participants' addresses that potentially could be used to locate and deport them if the program is reversed.

Ramirez was brought to the United States from Mexico in about 2001 at about age 7...The government granted him a DACA card in 2014 and renewed it in 2016, finding that he was no threat to public safety...
...Ramirez was asleep at his father's home...when ICE agents arrived and arrested the father...they asked Ramirez if he was in the country legally, and Ramirez said he had a work permit...

ICE agents took Ramirez to a processing center in Seattle and he again disclosed his DACA work permit, the lawsuit stated.

"It doesn't matter, because you weren't born in this country," one of the agents said, according to the lawsuit...

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:05 am

Yuuuuge. NY Times story, 28min ago: "Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence"

Again: Trump campaign / repeated contacts / Russian intelligence
Implicated: Paul Manafort (campaign chair) and "other Trump associates" (also targeted: Roger Stone, Carter Page, and Flynn)
FBI investigation . . . ongoing . . . NSA intercepts of communications . . .
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:11 am

:hmm: I wonder what made him change his mind...

Phone records and intercepted calls show that members of Donald J. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and other Trump associates had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election, according to four current and former American officials...
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... li=BBnb7Kz

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:13 am

The NY Times story also details progress (slow, slow, slow) US law enforcement is making in verifying elements of the famous "Russia dossier."

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:23 am

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:42 am

Sean Spicer faces a very tough media tomorrow. Tonight he is rehearsing his talking points for tomorrow's briefing.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:47 am

:lol:

He/they might simply keep praising this move bigly and mention all else in passing... (and be packing a leaf blower)

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:08 am

Bannon's old rag Breitbart goes nuclear on Reince Priebus: "As Flynn Resigns, Priebus Future In Doubt As Trump Allies Circulate List of Alternate Chief of Staff Candidates":
. . . multiple sources close to President Trump with internal knowledge of White House operations told Breitbart News on Monday night that the buck stops with Priebus when it comes to the botched rollout of the executive order temporarily banning most travel to the United States from seven nations with a history of exporting terrorism and temporarily halting the refugee program. This news comes of course in the wake of the news that Flynn was pushed out, but also as more and more reports of a likely shake-up at the top loom.

“Reince is responsible, ultimately, for the rollout of the immigration executive order,” one source said. “He failed to get [Attorney General Jeff] Sessions on the calendar in the Senate in time for what he knew would be a highly controversial executive order. He was supposed to be this wizard in dealing with congressional Republicans, but has not been successful in getting anything serious done.”

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:19 am

That's what you get if you don't wait until the formal charade has run its course and is finished before you act - someone else to blame...

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:34 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:The NY Times story also details progress (slow, slow, slow) US law enforcement is making in verifying elements of the famous "Russia dossier."
It may be due to bad journalism but I'm getting the vibe that the NSA recorded the Flynn-Kislyak phone conversations. I cannot imagine such a conversation occurring where Flynn does not say words to the effect "I am speaking on behalf of Donald Trump" otherwise why would the ambassador attempt to negotiate anything in the phone call and apparently acted upon the conversation to not expel USA agents in a retaliatory "tit for tat" ?

I don't know if USA law enforcement is being slow or fast, as this is such an unusual situation.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:36 am

With the intelligence community in open rebellion, leaking to the media about the administration's Russian connection - as if to say to Trump, "Oh, we've been watching you, want us to tell everyone what you did and said on August 8th? We can and we will . . ." - I do wonder if Donny really thinks today that his performance at CIA headquarters just after the inauguration was a blowout triumph?
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:39 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:The NY Times story also details progress (slow, slow, slow) US law enforcement is making in verifying elements of the famous "Russia dossier."
It may be due to bad journalism but I'm getting the vibe that the NSA recorded the Flynn-Kislyak phone conversations. I cannot imagine such a conversation occurring where Flynn does not say words to the effect "I am speaking on behalf of Donald Trump" otherwise why would the ambassador attempt to negotiate anything in the phone call and apparently acted upon the conversation to not expel USA agents in a retaliatory "tit for tat" ?

I don't know if USA law enforcement is being slow or fast, as this is such an unusual situation.
It is inconceivable that the two men were not speaking for their respective bosses; it is very unlikely that this isn't on tape. The intelligence community is playing hardball as we say here on this. The message to Trump seems to me unequivocal. I don't know that he's bright enough to realize the trap he has put himself into.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:47 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:With the intelligence community in open rebellion........
If the NSA pick up the communication and the FBI interviewed Flynn and the CIA refused top clearance for Flynn's assistant, then it seems to me that a lot of people know what's going on. If you have three agencies working together, then I can imagine things are moving slowly so they don't make mistakes themselves. More so if the FBI is considering formal prosecution.