It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Where no two people are likely to agree.
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:16 am

It's good to see things like that, but, will the momentum continue?
Also, Donald Trump is a clownfraud who only got involved in this for the attention.

Deadspin, 2014:
https://deadspin.com/there-are-just-two ... 1613879544

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:19 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:It's good to see things like that, but, will the momentum continue?
Who knows? But a good start is better than no start at all, eh . . .
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:22 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Yes, he wanted to build a stronger middle class, right? Those poor forgotten schlubs that were so badly abused....well, goodbye home ownership, that bedrock of the American Dream.
...he's probably betting on that, if it doesn't do the schlubs in, they will get so much stronger?
Lard, save me from your followers.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:27 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:Yes, he wanted to build a stronger middle class, right? Those poor forgotten schlubs that were so badly abused....well, goodbye home ownership, that bedrock of the American Dream.
...he's probably betting on that, if it doesn't do the schlubs in, they will get so much stronger?
I'm wondering where the tipping point is, the point where those duped by the orange crush go, "uh, what a second...."
Also, Donald Trump is a clownfraud who only got involved in this for the attention.

Deadspin, 2014:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:30 am

And I wonder when they will even find out. It surely seems they aren't listening to what is happening outside their own little cavity...

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:32 am

They will if Donald the dumbass starts trade wars with China and Mexico, something he is itching to do...so he can overcompensate for his small...hands.

Deadspin, 2014:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:34 am

...and they'll still thank Obama... :roll:

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:39 am

It's clear that Trump is surrounded by people who will say anything not to get on his bad side.
But a Press Secretary simply can't tell easily debunked lies on day 2 of a presidency: Sean Spicer has sunk whatever goodwill there still was between the press and Trump.
The media will not be able to print any White House comments as news without fact-checking them each and every time.

And Trump obviously forgot that he also had to write a speech for the CIA, so he try to wing it as if he was campaigning for the support of his own agency.
The man has simply no connection to most of reality.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:45 am

ElectricMonk wrote:It's clear that Trump is surrounded by people who will say anything not to get on his bad side.
But a Press Secretary simply can't tell easily debunked lies on day 2 of a presidency: Sean Spicer has sunk whatever goodwill there still was between the press and Trump.
The media will not be able to print any White House comments as news without fact-checking them each and every time.

And Trump obviously forgot that he also had to write a speech for the CIA, so he try to wing it as if he was campaigning for the support of his own agency.
Separated at birth?

Sean Spicer

and "Comical" Ali

Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:46 am

ElectricMonk wrote:It's clear that Trump is surrounded by people who will say anything not to get on his bad side.

Because he never served in a public office he simply has no clue what he stepped into. Trying to get the various organs of government to function is a far bigger task than screwing up in private business with bankruptcy to bail you out.

Deadspin, 2014:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:49 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Because he never served in a public office he simply has no clue what he stepped into. Trying to get the various organs of government to function is a far bigger task than screwing up in private business with bankruptcy to bail you out.
It's a good thing so little is at stake with all this. I'd be concerned if there were anything important in the offing. White House is a good place to learn some of the basics, thrown tantrums, send out tweets, and make stuff up as you go along. What can go wrong?

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster

Post by ElectricMonk » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:54 am

It's ironic, but I think that the Trumpistas thought they could control the news once they were in the White House.
Birtherism should have told them differently.
People, agencies, companies need support and direction from the president they can bank on, not lies and not empty phrases.

Trump is screwed because talk is all he got. For the rest he depends on others, and they have no clue either.
But in typical dictator fashion, who gets to work for Trump depends on who he likes, not who can get things done. And Trump is desperate to retain his posse in the alien world of Washington DC.

I wonder how much Pence is enjoying this...

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:03 am

honering the God-Emperor

The shithead deleted this tweet, probably thereby violating the Presidential Records Act . . . of course.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:03 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Sean Spicer White House Press Conference.

That was simply amazing. Sean Spicer was simply attacking the press and saying "this is what you should print". Sean Spicer was simply lying about crowd sizes.

This may be an unexpected side issue. We may get to see what the USA press does when unified against a common enemy, a press secretary.
:D

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:25 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:honering the God-Emperor

The shithead deleted this tweet, probably thereby violating the Presidential Records Act . . . of course.
I'm guessing damage control was kicking in and having to change the original tweet, he got a little confused... here's the first draft:

"I am honing to savor you, 45 of the American People, as your great President of the (as of yet) Untitled States!"

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Post by Xcalibur » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:31 am

The boston Globe... twirp proving the degradation of journalsim:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/edit ... dMore_Pos8

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster

Post by ElectricMonk » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:35 am

Nice one from the inauguration, though, from the same paper:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2017 ... dMore_Pos1
DONALD TRUMP likes to think that he is perpetually breaking boundaries and setting records, and he surely did with his inauguration speech. It was the worst in generations, and perhaps the worst of all time.

It wasn’t just mediocre. It was stunningly, disconcertingly, dumbfoundingly bad. And bad in a deeply worrying way.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:45 am

No whine yet about what the littlest Trump has to endure now - the same thing Sasha and Malia lived through and hardly any now 10-year-old had the privilege of avoiding and to be shaped by?

ETA Actually, imho, the nuttiness of the last eight years not only affected kids. But I also don't think that those who went out of control crazy in their efforts to discredit the then administration will accept any responsibility in that regard...

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:54 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:

Separated at birth?

Sean Spicer

and "Comical" Ali

When Spicer speaks, this is what I hear:

[ytube]https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=QhjRUKCKIG4[/ytube]

Deadspin, 2014:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:11 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:honering the God-Emperor

I'm guessing damage control was kicking in and having to change the original tweet, he got a little confused... here's the first draft:

"I am honing to savor you, 45 of the American People, as your great President of the (as of yet) Untitled States!"
LoL

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:13 pm

Xcalibur wrote:The boston Globe... twirp proving the degradation of journalsim:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/edit ... dMore_Pos8
Well, Jeff Jacoby. Blech. When I lived in Boston - left there in '02 - he was a notorious and incompetent right-wing loon. He's still at it, I see.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:39 pm

If you watch the video of Sean "Baghdad Bob" Spicer instructing the media on what to report, and threatening to bring them to account, among the other oddities is his brown striped suit, which appears to be growing as he continues speaking and looks as if it at some point simply engulf and digest him.

Btw Spicer's performance confirms, however, that Trump got the message: small crowd, poor turnout for inauguration; massive protests against him the day after. He knows. As we all do, even his cheering squad, deep down inside. They're rattled - by the most minor of things.

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster

Post by ElectricMonk » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:14 pm

The whole setup reeked of"schoolmaster berating children": the press got invited for the first time, left to wait for other an hour, was scolded for 5min and then dismissed.
They are working overtime to piss off the press.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:39 pm

A darn shame a presidency can't be as easily researched, styled and practiced like handwriting and a signature...

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:58 pm

To clarify, this guy doesn't seem to be on top of his game here. The earlier writing on the wall looks very little as the current one does (at around 5:47) and, let's face it, penning all caps is no different than looking at a written page with your mouth hanging open and saying "I don't know."

[ytube][/ytube]

OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Persistent ponderer

Post by OutOfBreath » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:11 pm

I guess this goes here.
I really don't believe what's going on here. The new prez spending most of the first day and the entire first press conference griping about whether the inauguration was the "biggest ever". Which it quite clearly wasn't by any count and for many obvious reasons (divisive racist-appealing anti-establishment {!#%@} in the establishment city with a big minority of blacks. Of course he'll be less a pull than the black and inclusive mr Obama there).

But, why the {!#%@} does he care! He could easily breeze along talking about a "big turnout" and he would be right. But no, it has to be "the biggest ever" even if it wasn't? And this is important enough for the new press man to blatantly lie and misrepresent 3 times in the first 5-minute press conference? It's going to be an interesting 4 years or less if that's the bar we're setting. Also, the president is by definition the {!#%@} establishment. You become one, you are not allowed to gripe about that anymore. You're in charge, you're responsible, you have power second to {!#%@} none.

It is clear that he's not kidding about being a total narcissist and prone to make anything a dick-measuring contest. And as long as he wins those he gives zero {!#%@} about what happens with policy and all that boring stuff. As long as he's chief and he can dupe enough people into thinking that he cares about anyone but himself.

It's going to be an orwellian few years now. I'm just wondering when the congress repubs start blocking him, not if.

Peace
Dan
What is perceived as real becomes real in its consequences.

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:23 pm

OutOfBreath wrote:I guess this goes here.
I really don't believe what's going on here. The new prez spending most of the first day and the entire first press conference griping about whether the inauguration was the "biggest ever". Which it quite clearly wasn't by any count and for many obvious reasons (divisive racist-appealing anti-establishment {!#%@} in the establishment city with a big minority of blacks. Of course he'll be less a pull than the black and inclusive mr Obama there).

But, why the {!#%@} does he care! He could easily breeze along talking about a "big turnout" and he would be right. But no, it has to be "the biggest ever" even if it wasn't? And this is important enough for the new press man to blatantly lie and misrepresent 3 times in the first 5-minute press conference? It's going to be an interesting 4 years or less if that's the bar we're setting. Also, the president is by definition the {!#%@} establishment. You become one, you are not allowed to gripe about that anymore. You're in charge, you're responsible, you have power second to {!#%@} none.

It is clear that he's not kidding about being a total narcissist and prone to make anything a dick-measuring contest. And as long as he wins those he gives zero {!#%@} about what happens with policy and all that boring stuff. As long as he's chief and he can dupe enough people into thinking that he cares about anyone but himself.

It's going to be an orwellian few years now. I'm just wondering when the congress repubs start blocking him, not if.

Peace
Dan
I agree, it isn't enough for Trump that his was a large crowd, it has to be the largest crowd ever in the history of mankind, eclipsing all the US Presidents before him. You can also toss in any crowds that heard Hitler or Mussolini speak.
The reality that more people showed up for the Woman's March is crushing for him and his ego. He can't dismiss it, the slight must be combated until everyone believes only him.
This is the dangerous part, like Hitler, Trump can't let things go, he can't let things slide off like a normal politician. All demagogues are the same.

Deadspin, 2014:

OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster

Post by OutOfBreath » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:32 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote: I agree, it isn't enough for Trump that his was a large crowd, it has to be the largest crowd ever in the history of mankind, eclipsing all the US Presidents before him. You can also toss in any crowds that heard Hitler or Mussolini speak.
The reality that more people showed up for the Woman's March is crushing for him and his ego. He can't dismiss it, the slight must be combated until everyone believes only him.
This is the dangerous part, like Hitler, Trump can't let things go, he can't let things slide off like a normal politician. All demagogues are the same.
He'd be a great dictator with that personality. I find comfort in the dysfynctional character of american politics that foiled 8 years of obama. Trump can also be easily foiled in the same way as the checks and balances are byzantine and numerous in the us. The dems just have to take half a page of the rep playbook for the last 10 years. And judging by events, 2018 could be a massacre on congress repubs if he keeps being a dick. (Which he will). But its gonna be a rocky ride.

Peace
Dan

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:35 pm

OutOfBreath wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote: I agree, it isn't enough for Trump that his was a large crowd, it has to be the largest crowd ever in the history of mankind, eclipsing all the US Presidents before him. You can also toss in any crowds that heard Hitler or Mussolini speak.
He'd be a great dictator with that personality. I find comfort in the dysfynctional character of american politics that foiled 8 years of obama. Trump can also be easily foiled in the same way as the checks and balances are byzantine and numerous in the us. The dems just have to take half a page of the rep playbook for the last 10 years. And judging by events, 2018 could be a massacre on congress repubs if he keeps being a dick. (Which he will). But its gonna be a rocky ride.

Peace
Dan
This is why the Democrats are doing some smart things, not cooperating with repealing ACA, heavily questioning Trump's nominees, etc. They need to be the opposition party, not bow down to his orange emperor.

Deadspin, 2014:

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster

Post by ElectricMonk » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:42 pm

TBH, I think this is at least partially a ploy:

Trump wants a head-on confrontation with the press so he can manufacture a pretence for diluting the press pool with his Breitbart fanboys.
The is also stalling for time in dealing with Healthcare and ISIS, both topic he has promised to have perfect plans already in the drawer.

OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new yTrump thread)

Post by OutOfBreath » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:51 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:TBH, I think this is at least partially a ploy:

Trump wants a head-on confrontation with the press so he can manufacture a pretence for diluting the press pool with his Breitbart fanboys.
The is also stalling for time in dealing with Healthcare and ISIS, both topic he has promised to have perfect plans already in the drawer.
You may be onto something there. But that will be like pissing your pants to stay warm imo. Its a battle between his good pr instincts and incompetence to rule. How long the former can camouflage the latter is the bet. And what he'll do when he finds out that in international politics, unlike in business, you cant {!#%@} over and walk away to find new victims. The ones you {!#%@} over will always be there and remember.

Peace
Dan

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:53 pm

Yeah, you can't bankrupt out in government like you can in business.

Deadspin, 2014:

OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster

Post by OutOfBreath » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Oh, and I do find it priceless that after engineering first what amounts to a hostile takeover of the republican party, and a hostile takeover of the white house, he whines about not being loved enough...

You're a divisive {!#%@} that energized a strategic minority of the people to win. Live with it, fool.

Peace
Dan

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:56 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:TBH, I think this is at least partially a ploy:

The Republicans are all stalling over the ACA, they don't have a replacement and it is political suicide to suddenly strip 20,000,000 of health insurance and throw the whole thing into chaos.
Yeah, didn't the Donald say he had a plan to repeal and replace at the same time?????

Deadspin, 2014:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:00 pm

Still stalling on Healthscare? I thought they had the somewhat expensive but useless and (enforced by prison sentence) mandatory NCCA (No Can Care Act, also known as NoCaCa) down pat by now...

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:02 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Still stalling on Healthscare? I thought they had the somewhat expensive but useless and (enforced by prison sentence) mandatory NCCA (No Can Care Act, also known as NoCaCa) down pat by now...
The new Republican Plan is that everyone has the right to continue to be sick and keep their medical conditions.

Deadspin, 2014:

OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster

Post by OutOfBreath » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:03 pm

Whatever the repubs do about it, the dems should be quick to dub it "Trumpcare". It will be a disaster one way or the other and would keep trump locked in year-long twitter feuds as he steams over getting his name tagged to a loser...

[edit) That may be the ticket. Instead of trump selecting when and where to measure dicks, provoke him to do it at a time and place he can't win. He's too much the narcissist to not take the bait, as is very much evidenced already.

Peace
Dan

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:24 pm

There's already a logo for it
Spoiler:
T R U M P C A R E

Gives you the right to continue to be sick and keep your medical conditions![/hide]

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:27 pm

:lol:

Deadspin, 2014:

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:45 pm

I hereby dub this "Trumpspeak" in honor of George Orwell:

http://time.com/4642689/kellyanne-conwa ... ive-facts/

Deadspin, 2014: