It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Where no two people are likely to agree.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:38 am

Its a vestige of separating from Monarchy. Its only for Federal Issues and only for past crimes. As said: pardoning isn't going to help the main bad actors in this case. Nor I assume the Trump boys.....they just lied too often. Ivanka may get off with a pardon though.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:01 am

Poodle wrote:This has all gone way beyond my ken now. I am being told (and I honestly never knew) that the US head of state can unilaterally deliver a pardon for anything and to anyone, including to him/herself.
Why didn't Nixon exercise this right? Or did he but I missed it?
He didn't because he was assured that if he resigned, his VP would pardon him upon becoming President - as he did.
Nixon had already lost the Supreme Court case about handing over the Tapes - the SOCTUS at the time might not have supported the idea that the President can pardon himself, as the current Activist Court seems to do.

TJrandom
Has No Life
Custom Title: Salt of the earth

Post by TJrandom » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:18 am

He can pardon for federal crimes - not state crimes. Whether he can pardon himself is open to debate. And I believe whomever benefits from a pardon needs to acknowledge the crime - which I don`t see him doing.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:10 am

TJrandom wrote:He can pardon for federal crimes - not state crimes. Whether he can pardon himself is open to debate. And I believe whomever benefits from a pardon needs to acknowledge the crime - which I don`t see him doing.
Absolutely right! The issue has never arisen before, because there was no one with a brain addled enough even to consider that a President might pardon himself.

I've wondered about these things often. In the old days of Victoria Regina, the formula for an arrest was "I arrest you in the name of the Queen." Now suppose Victoria herself were to knock over a convenience store using a Saturday Night Special. If she got caught, would she be arrested in her own name? Or is "the Queen" metonymy for the office, not the person, like "the Crown"? And if she got arrested, could she, in the exercise of her office, pardon herself as the miscreant? We are now sadly reduced to considering such pointless and idiotic questions.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:15 am

Our racist President finds new and greener pastures for race-baiting in South Africa.

Who would think he pays such close attention to other countries? Well, no one, actually. But Fox News has reporters ever on the alert for race-baiting possibilities, and he does watch Fox News.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:27 am

And, speaking of watching Fox News, I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he watches this story.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:34 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:IIRC: Cohen does have a plea agreement. Its the "cooperation" agreement that has not been openly admitted to. CA can exist and not be mentioned. CA's can be verbal. CA's can be in process. CA can be retroactive.

Very few rules in hooman conduct.

Trump would be really really stoopid to pardon Manafort. ONLY BECAUSE: it would not do any good except to give Manafort a few days comfort at the cost to Trump of several heavy bricks on the camel's load. Manafort has New York State actions already worked up on him should a Federal Pardon come thru. Also, it was mentioned above several times, with a Pardon....he has no Fifth amendment right to not testify against Trump and that could lead to immediate New Jail Time for failure to respond or perjury.

Manafort is done. Truly fried. He is acting totally clear-eyed seeing that his run on this Earth is over. He is unique only in not whining about it or trying to wrap himself in family values.

Trumps going to be impeached. The evidence just keeps growing. Even the Pukes will have to respond to it eventually.
I think it's now a bigger possibility than it was. But certainly not during the campaign this fall. The smoking gun still isn't apparent to everyone, and it would be a distraction for both political parties.

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by ElectricMonk » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:38 am

It's true - not even Charles I. thought that he could pardon himself; to be fair, he did think that he was above the law, fullstop.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:39 am

The latest bumper sticker... Trump 2020 - 20 for Obstruction and 20 for Treason ;)

Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

Re: Tom Palven / Trump Propaganda Spammer

Post by Tom Palven » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:58 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote: You can't provide a link to my saying anything like that because this is your usual BS. :lol:

Thanks Tom.
You have been spamming our skeptic forum with your pro-Trump propaganda about "criminal James Clapper" and criminal John Brennan" because they warned the USA about Trump. Let's read some of your posts together.
Tom Palven wrote:"BUT THE TRUTH. John Brennan, James Clapper, and their "coordinating committee" (As Mathew called it.) are PROVEN distributors of disinformation. Proven to be shameless liars ."
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... er#p651640
Tom Palven wrote:Once again James Clapper's disinformation is exposed.
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... er#p650682
Tom Palven wrote:...people of the US including me pay people like James Clapper, Ollie North, and John Brennan to lie to us. Clapper was trained in secret police disinformation tactics for decades.
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... er#p585890
Tom Palven wrote:a fascist deep state led by lying James Clapper, John Brennan, and their unelected apparathiki
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... er#p645016
Tom Palven wrote:CIA liars John Brennan and James Clapper who belong in prison,
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... er#p637451

I stand by all those posts, Matt, and will assert that my foreign policy opinions are liberal/classical liberal, while yours are conservative/neoconservative views shared by people like Dick Cheney and Bibi Netanyahu.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire
I may not agree with the what you say, but I will defend your right to say it. --Voltaire
Mankind will not be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. --Denis Diderot
I haven't abandoned my vices. My vices have abandoned me. --Denis Diderot

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by ElectricMonk » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:05 pm

Tom Palven wrote: I stand by all those posts, Matt, and will assert that my foreign policy opinions are liberal/classical liberal, while yours are conservative/neoconservative views shared by people like Dick Cheney and Bibi Netanyahu.

The real question is:
what are Trump's foreign policy opinions?

They certainly can't be described as liberal/classical liberal. But Trump is a complete fanboy of Netanyahu.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:24 pm

TJrandom wrote:He can pardon for federal crimes - not state crimes. Whether he can pardon himself is open to debate. And I believe whomever benefits from a pardon needs to acknowledge the crime - which I don`t see him doing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiNY231MfEQ&t=4m :heh:
Lard, save me from your followers.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:23 pm

So, according to a stapled genius on charges and "flipping" (of which he knows a lot and which should be outlawed), bank and tax fraud are not really a big deal (in the case of Manafort) and most likely lies, but in Cohen's case (and explaining the cowardly flipping) are yuge and threatening. OTOH, campaign finance and other violations are merely minor, negligible things...
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by ElectricMonk » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:34 pm

According to Trump:
"If I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash. I think everybody would be very poor.”

He is probably half-right: without the prospect for more tax cuts and gifts, company stock value would drop. But since the largest part of "everybody" no longer holds significant amounts of stock, they would not be affected.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:45 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
bobbo wrote: ....Trumps going to be impeached. The evidence just keeps growing. Even the Pukes will have to respond to it eventually.

I think it's now a bigger possibility than it was. But certainly not during the campaign this fall. The smoking gun still isn't apparent to everyone, and it would be a distraction for both political parties.
What IS apparent will not "ever" be apparent to those who do not base their vision on what they see. For the rest of us, Trump collusion was advertised in 10 foot tall neon lights when Trump said "Look forward to revelations regarding Dirty Hillary." They never came, but the statement was BASED ON the meeting that convict to be Trump Jr was happily having with Russian representatives. Course....Trump laundering Putin money has been known for years before that.

also apparent: emoluments. Many and varied....from day one. Lawsuit filed on day 3.

The {!#%@} storm just keeps adding turds. Stayed tuned for the flush...………………………………………..
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:09 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
bobbo wrote: ....Trumps going to be impeached. The evidence just keeps growing. Even the Pukes will have to respond to it eventually.

What IS apparent will not "ever" be apparent to those who do not base their vision on what they see. For the rest of us, Trump collusion was advertised in 10 foot tall neon lights when Trump said "Look forward to revelations regarding Dirty Hillary." They never came, but the statement was BASED ON the meeting that convict to be Trump Jr was happily having with Russian representatives. Course....Trump laundering Putin money has been known for years before that.

also apparent: emoluments. Many and varied....from day one. Lawsuit filed on day 3.

The {!#%@} storm just keeps adding turds. Stayed tuned for the flush...………………………………………..
Well, here the country is, at the bottom of the hole underneath an outhouse and looking up at the stars. It stinks all around, but the view is getting better and better.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:13 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:It's true - not even Charles I. thought that he could pardon himself; to be fair, he did think that he was above the law, fullstop.
To quote Mel Brooks (as Louis XVI), "It's good to be the king."

There have been similar claims from other quarters over the years. Consider this one:
Boniface VIII wrote:Indeed we declare, say, pronounce, and define that it is altogether necessary to salvation for every human creature to be subject to the Roman Pontiff.
To be completely accurate, that was the last sentence in the bull unam sanctam, whose original draft has been lost, and it may have been a marginal note from a later commentator, erroneously added to the bull in later copies. Still, what is unquestionably in the bull leaves no doubt where Boniface stood:
Boniface VIII wrote:A spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is judged by no one. This authority, moreover, even though it is given to man and exercised through man, is not human but rather divine, being given by divine lips to Peter and founded on a rock for him and his successors through Christ Himself whom He has confessed; the Lord Himself saying to Peter: “Whatsoever thou shalt bind,” etc. Whoever, therefore, resists this power thus ordained by God, resists the ordination of God...
Incidentally, this declaration didn't have the desired effect, as Philip the Fair sent a bunch of thugs to rough up the Pope, and he died shortly thereafter. His successor Clement V found it prudent to move his office to Avignon, where it remained for 70-odd years. Faithful Catholics call this the "Babylonian Captivity."

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:07 pm

What seems odd to me - listening to voices discussing Michael Cohen and his recent turnaround - is that many of them will readily use the term "Trump's cult of personality" and apparently believe it to explain his relentless followers*, but will not really allow for that Mr Cohen might have been under a similar thrall and now, having been forced to step back and see the man for who he really is, is appalled and ashamed of him and himself and his own actions in connection to such a creature?

* Many of whom don't really care as much about their perceived Savior as they do about the hoped for results, imho. And they also know he's lying and, again, don't care. And will jump as the proverbial rats once his ship not only sinks, but has no chance of ever being raised again.

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:16 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:

Well, here the country is, at the bottom of the hole underneath an outhouse and looking up at the stars. It stinks all around, but the view is getting better and better.
An apt description of the situation for people of decency Upton. Unfortunately, the only thing that is going to decide Trump's fate is just how effectively the issues can be spun in his favor.

Trump has exceeded ten times over that which was used as an excuse to impeach Clinton. That should kill any hope of anything but negative spin against Trump actually having any effect.

The Repubs won't turn thumbs down on Trump for any reason other than protecting their own sorry butts.

Meanwhile, Trump's trade sanctions against other countries are doing irreparable damage to America, as they strengthen China's trading position with the effected countries.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:08 pm

montgomery wrote:Unfortunately, the only thing that is going to decide Trump's fate is just how effectively the issues can be spun in his favor.

Trump has exceeded ten times over that which was used as an excuse to impeach Clinton. That should kill any hope of anything but negative spin against Trump actually having any effect.

The Repubs won't turn thumbs down on Trump for any reason other than protecting their own sorry butts.

Meanwhile, Trump's trade sanctions against other countries are doing irreparable damage to America, as they strengthen China's trading position with the effected countries.
All that is true, and I only wish it embraced ALL the negative things Trump has done; but there wouldn't be enough bandwidth at this site to provide a full list.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:09 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:What seems odd to me - listening to voices discussing Michael Cohen and his recent turnaround - is that many of them will readily use the term "Trump's cult of personality" and apparently believe it to explain his relentless followers*, but will not really allow for that Mr Cohen might have been under a similar thrall and now, having been forced to step back and see the man for who he really is, is appalled and ashamed of him and himself and his own actions in connection to such a creature?

* Many of whom don't really care as much about their perceived Savior as they do about the hoped for results, imho. And they also know he's lying and, again, don't care. And will jump as the proverbial rats once his ship not only sinks, but has no chance of ever being raised again.
And Wassup with this: The CEO of the National Enquirer has been given immunity. Why? What has he done, and what does he know? Curious minds want to know. That's why they don't read the Enquirer.

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by ElectricMonk » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:30 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote: And Wassup with this: The CEO of the National Enquirer has been given immunity. Why? What has he done, and what does he know? Curious minds want to know. That's why they don't read the Enquirer.

Basically, he is going to swear that Trump conspired with him to intercept all news the fragile ego of the Orange couldn't handle. Since Trump, Pecker, Cohen and Cohen used illegal means to pay hush money, this is a conspiracy. Since it goes back to at least 2015, there is a lot for premeditation.
Trump is in the shitter.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:32 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote: And Wassup with this: The CEO of the National Enquirer has been given immunity. Why? What has he done, and what does he know? Curious minds want to know. That's why they don't read the Enquirer.
This is all abount "buying" the right to publish the stories of the babes Trump has slept with and then not publishing them to keep Trumps name marketable? I assume the CEO has info on what Trump knew and when, and what he approved or directed to be done. Relevant to legal actions would be pay offs that amounted to campaign expenditures that violate the law. Course...they already have that info with Cohen, but confirmation is going to lock it down.

Trump is TOAST. Just has to play out and that burnt smell to dissapate. A criminal and huckster who, like Manafort, forgot a basic rule: stay unknown.

Trump.......................uniquen in history for the USA....rare even for the rest of the world. A huckster who believes his own spin??? Maybe...maybe not...maybe just habituated and having to reason to reflect upon it. Kiddies are going to BURN for it though.......ha, ha.........and that is a good thing. {!#%@}: each and every one.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:00 pm

Just checking... yall are donating to the Cohen defence fund on GoFundMe - right? :twisted: :roll:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:06 pm

For truth! :fr5:

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:33 am

Tom Palven wrote:...... and will assert that my foreign policy opinions are liberal/classical liberal,
You idiot....you kept linking us to The American Conservative website. You also got got caught lying about Afghanistan and linking unrelated articles. You don't actually know where Afghanistan is do you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... an#p656857
Tom Palven wrote:while yours are conservative/neoconservative views shared by people like Dick Cheney and Bibi Netanyahu.
You idiot, I vote Labor (Socialist) and live in and support our Australian moderate socialist government and its overseas policies. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are just a very unhappy Trump fan. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Matthew Ellard on Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Custom Title: Lost in Translation

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:55 am

TJrandom wrote:Just checking... yall are donating to the Cohen defence fund on GoFundMe - right? :twisted: :roll:
If I had a religion it would go against one of the tenets regarding giving money to sleazeballs.

:D
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”

Harvard Crimson (on why it refused to run an add by Bradley Smith):
“(It is) vicious propaganda based on utter BS that has been discredited time and time again.”

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by ElectricMonk » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:48 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
TJrandom wrote:Just checking... yall are donating to the Cohen defence fund on GoFundMe - right? :twisted: :roll:
If I had a religion it would go against one of the tenets regarding giving money to sleazeballs.

:D
Sounds like a new Trolley Problem:
"would you buy a car for a sleazeball if you know he's going to use it to run over five sleazeballs?"

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:28 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:And Wassup with this: The CEO of the National Enquirer has been given immunity. Why? What has he done, and what does he know? Curious minds want to know. That's why they don't read the Enquirer.
Pecker published a "blackmail photo" of Trump's spiritual adviser Paul White, having an affair. He may have dirt on others and not just Trump.
Paula White.jpg
Additionally, I do not know, but I am guessing that those gentlemen holding up "Blacks for Trump" signs, at Trump rallies, come from Paula White's TV ministry in Florida, which are mostly African Americans.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:40 am

:hmm: It's been reported the Enquirer had safed up a large stash of trash.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:48 am

"If Trump were impeached the American people would revolt" Giuliani

Well this is frightening news. If Trump is impeached our fellow forum members, Gorgeous and Tom Palven will revolt.

Gorgeous will use his crack team of remote viewers to .....well.......do something very bad to liberals. Gorgeous will then bring forth his hordes of "crisis actors" to also....well do something very bad to liberals.

Tom Palven will go ballistic and instead of just copying and pasting Sean Hannity's " Deep State" conspiracy theory three times a day.......will post the same Trump "Deep State" propaganda four times a day.

Be very very frightened.....
:lol:

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by ElectricMonk » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:49 am

scrmbldggs wrote::hmm: It's been reported the Enquirer had safed up a large stash of trash.
I'm shocked, SHOCKED to find that the Enquirer has followed its business model of making money from releasing or withholding salacious stories.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:51 am

scrmbldggs wrote::hmm: It's been reported the Enquirer had safed up a large stash of trash.
As Pecker has already received his plea deal, the contents of the safe are already with the DOJ, in their safe. :D

That's what possibly inspired Sessions to actually say something back against Trump yesterday.

That may include dirt about Elliott Broidy, a pregnant Playboy model and Trump fundraising.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:13 am

Those already in a state of shock might want to ignore that the state of NY is fixing to take a closer look at the Drumpf family business.

(And that the House Judiciary Committee decided to take another closer look at Hillary's emails...)

Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:08 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:...... and will assert that my foreign policy opinions are liberal/classical liberal,
while yours are conservative/neoconservative views shared by people like Dick Cheney and Bibi Netanyahu.
You idiot, I vote Labor (Socialist) and live in and support our Australian moderate socialist government and its overseas policies. :lol: :lol:

I'm not impressed. Hitler called himself a socialist, too, and was the leader of the Natiional Socialist Labor Party, and shared a foreign policy similar to yours and Bolton's.

(And now that I've invoked Godwin's Law, this should end my comments in this thread, too.)
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire
I may not agree with the what you say, but I will defend your right to say it. --Voltaire
Mankind will not be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. --Denis Diderot
I haven't abandoned my vices. My vices have abandoned me. --Denis Diderot

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:18 am

My takeaway from this is that either (1) Pecker (so well-named!) has told the DOJ where the documents went; or (2) the documents were destroyed. In the latter case, there is no basis for bringing any suits for violation of the non-disclosure agreements (unless there are copies of the documents somewhere, which is likely, say at the law firms that represent National Enquirer). So, allee allee outs in free! Come out and tell what you know, people! You won't get sued, because they sure as hell don't want any of those non-disclosure agreements to go public.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:36 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: That's what possibly inspired Sessions to actually say something back against Trump yesterday.
So surprised that Trump hasn't fired Sessions yet. Normally, a President just calls the guy in and asks for a resignation; and in the past, there hasn't been (as far as I know) even one case in which a disgraced cabinet offer refused to resign when asked to do so by a President. This is unprecedented.

And I love it. To quote Ivan Karamazov: One reptile will eat another. (Один гад съест другую гадину.)

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by ElectricMonk » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:41 am

There is a simply way to prevent Trump from firing anyone: make him do it himself, in person.
He can't do it.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Custom Title: Lost in Translation

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:57 am

Tom Palven wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
while yours are conservative/neoconservative views shared by people like Dick Cheney and Bibi Netanyahu.
You idiot, I vote Labor (Socialist) and live in and support our Australian moderate socialist government and its overseas policies. :lol: :lol:

I'm not impressed. Hitler called himself a socialist, too, and was the leader of the Natiional Socialist Labor Party, and shared a foreign policy similar to yours and Bolton's.

(And now that I've invoked Godwin's Law, this should end my comments in this thread, too.)

National Socialist German Workers' Party, damnit. Christ, if you are going to butcher history at least get the name right.
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”

Harvard Crimson (on why it refused to run an add by Bradley Smith):
“(It is) vicious propaganda based on utter BS that has been discredited time and time again.”

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:52 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote: That's what possibly inspired Sessions to actually say something back against Trump yesterday.
So surprised that Trump hasn't fired Sessions yet...
His toadies gave him permission just yesterday to do initiate exactly that - but after the midterms. Anticipating that the by then hopefully flipped House/Congress surely will jump into action?
To quote Ivan Karamazov: One reptile will eat another. (Один гад съест другую гадину.)
:pc: