753 2020

Where no two people are likely to agree.
JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Re: 753 2020

Post by JO 753 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:23 am

I posted Alternate Hypothosis on my Wordpress site.

It crossed my mind that it coud be true and publishing this iz risking tipping off Putin, but then I realized that its rediculous to think he haznt thot uv it himself. Paranoia iz an essential survival trait for a KGB ajent.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Van Jones prezents u good perspectiv on conservativ voterz:
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:54 am

I am now rejistered az a rite-in candidate for Governor uv Illinois.
http://www.7532020.com/GUVRNR.htm

Took 2 weeks to prep the formz & envelopes. It seemed everything wuz working agenst me. I'm out uv money. The printer wuz out uv ink, then after I put in the bare essential black cartrij it woudnt print kuz Windowz had added a 2nd printer with the same name with a faulty driver and selected it az default. Then my frij quit on Wenzday. Then the address labelz were falling off.

But I got thru it. Fixed the Frij yesterday. Got a start relay from a mini frij at the scrap resycler and put the disc rezistor from it in mine.

A tip for wen your frij diez - Put a bag uv ise in the freezer & frij to keep your food from spoiling. I put 2 22 pound bagz in Thurzday morning and they were still mostly frozen on Friday nite wen I added a 3rd.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:19 am

Kudos for the effort you are putting in - I'm guessing it's a steep learning curve.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:31 am

I've only scracht the surfase. I still no nothing about setting up and running a campane.

I did get an actual donation last week from the link on the site!!!!

The next thing for me to look into are the rulez about paying salary from the campane. Plenty uv unemployed peepl who'd be happy to walk around spredding the word, getting signaturez and donationz.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:18 pm

Herez a vid that unintentionally demonstrates wun uv the big problemz with electionz:

Dinner party vs cocktail party? I am not on the same planet az this guy, but I no he iz telling the truth.

No wonder we liv in an oligarky.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:26 am

JO 753 wrote:I've only scracht the surfase. I still no nothing about setting up and running a campane.
My strongest advise to you is to sit down with an accountant or tax lawyer before you do anything and show that person your exact plan. It may cost you a couple hundred bucks for an hour, but it is worth it.

USA company law is different from Australian company law, but the principles would probably be the same. That suggests as a director, you may become personally liable if you know you are doing something wrong and not be protected by the limited liability of the company. ("lift the corporate veil" for prosecution, is the expression ) :D

I'm also pretty sure there would be additional levels of paperwork compliance required for a company that operates as a charity or political fundraiser. I'm not sure if your non profit company can pay you a salary unless it has a pre-defined beneficiary disclosure statement lodged with the IRS and audited ( by an auditor) financial statement.

United States non-profit laws
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... rofit_laws

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:59 am

Therez sumthing about corporationz, LLCz, etc. not being allowed to run or even contribute to campanez. But therez a bunch uv confusion sins the sitizenz united ruling about super PACs. Az I understand it, a super PAC iz a campane organization thats completely unconnected to the candidate or hiz committee and it can aksept unlimited contributionz and spend unlimited $.

The entire campane finans subject iz a tangled mess. The Federal election Commission wuz created to rane in spending and stop corruption, but it basicly didnt work.

I looked into the salary thing, and its pretty limited, at least az far az I am conserned. I cant wok around collecting money and pay myself to be a 'professional candidate'.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:15 am

Got a donation beg email from Bernie Sanders.

It haz a good idea for leveling the playing field a little:
Jeff Bezos and his company, Amazon, make huge profits by paying their employees wages that are so inadequate that many of them need public assistance just to get by. Today in America, thousands of Amazon workers are forced to rely on food stamps, Medicaid and public housing because they can't survive on the wages they receive. Meanwhile, Jeff Bezos is now worth $158 billion, and his wealth increases by $260 million - every single day. How absurd is that?

And who pays for the public assistance subsidizing Mr. Bezos’ wealth? You do. The middle class subsidizes the wealthiest person in the world, while his workers struggle to put food on the table. That is what the rigged economy is all about. And in my view, that has got to end.

That is why I introduced a piece of legislation that aims to end corporate welfare by establishing a 100 percent tax on corporations with 500 or more employees equal to the amount of federal benefits received by their low-wage workers.

So, if a worker at Amazon receives $1,000 in food stamps, Amazon would be taxed $1,000 to cover that cost.
Soundz good, but I suspect the flip side uv the coin to show sum major draw backs.

From my perspectiv, I think the 500+ lower limit iz no good. I'd make it a progressiv persentaj starting at 50% for 1 to 10 employeez, increasing at sum rate by sum number uv employeez.

Sharp cut-offs tend to produse unfair competativ effects.

Imajin 2 solar panel companyz uv nearly the same size, then wun uv them hirez their 500th employee. Suddenly they are getting smakt with a jiant new tax. The other company coud just stay at 499 slavez and increase automation to stay there indefinitely, all the wile Uncle Skam subsidizing the operation thru 'welfare'.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:18 pm

I had a problem with your 'How Stupid Are We?'site ...
"More resent facts:"
I thought "Why?" and then I thought "Of course - it's JO".

fromthehills
True Skeptic

Post by fromthehills » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:55 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
JO 753 wrote:I've only scracht the surfase. I still no nothing about setting up and running a campane.
My strongest advise to you is to sit down with an accountant or tax lawyer before you do anything and show that person your exact plan. It may cost you a couple hundred bucks for an hour, but it is worth it.

USA company law is different from Australian company law, but the principles would probably be the same. That suggests as a director, you may become personally liable if you know you are doing something wrong and not be protected by the limited liability of the company. ("lift the corporate veil" for prosecution, is the expression ) :D

I'm also pretty sure there would be additional levels of paperwork compliance required for a company that operates as a charity or political fundraiser. I'm not sure if your non profit company can pay you a salary unless it has a pre-defined beneficiary disclosure statement lodged with the IRS and audited ( by an auditor) financial statement.

United States non-profit laws
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... rofit_laws

Listen to “Opening Arguments” podcast. Doesn’t substitute a lawyer, but gives an overview of the law by a lawyer that’s spent decades settting up companies, and litigating disputes in terms I understand

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:31 am

I woct the IL governor debates last week and this week.

JB and Bruce came off az petty, arguing over their acuzationz agenst each other, like racoonz fiting over a cooky.

THAT woud make a great yotube vid! Title it Illinois Governors Debate 2018 and its just 2 big fat racoonz snarling & resling for an Oreo!
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:31 pm

Made a vid for the No Money campane: https://youtu.be/9zkGDFihRu8

It'll probably get taken down due to copyrite violation.

An alternativ idea woud be for a bunch uv 5 second clips from different showz to make it seem like its a few weeks uv lazing around wocing TV.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:27 am

Met a female Trump supporter yesterday.

Az iz typical, she denied watching Fox or any uv the other rite wingnut propaganda outlets. Then she recommendz going to Project Veritas to get the 'real' newz about Hillary, Obama & Democrats. :roll:
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

The Hidden Duopoly leeching America

Post by ElectricMonk » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:45 am

This might be a useful source for making the argument for more moderate independents, and ways to get them:

Http://freakonomics.com/podcast/politics-industry/

America’s Hidden Duopoly (Ep. 356)

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Re: The Hidden Duopoly leeching America

Post by Tom Palven » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:20 am

ElectricMonk wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:45 am
This might be a useful source for making the argument for more moderate independents, and ways to get them:

Http://freakonomics.com/podcast/politics-industry/

America’s Hidden Duopoly (Ep. 356)
I think they've identified at least part of the problem, but am skeptical that single ballot primaries and other electiion reforms woould solve anyting.

Democracy by its very nature is divisive while posturing as being inclusive.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:59 pm

From the beginning, I'v had reforming the election prosess az the top priority uv a 753 administration. the fact that a Prez with a cooperating congress can undo everything the previous admin accomplished makes it the essential first step to all other objectivz.

Sins then, I am thinking more & more that its not only about defeating the GoP, its drasticly limiting the power uv all partyz. The very idea that a congressman or senator will prioritize hiz partyz interest over the interest uv the peepl who elected him shoud be a joke, but insted, it iz just automaticly aksepted az the way thingz are.

The idea that there are 'majority' and 'minority' leaderz hoo get to tell all the 'rank & file' reprezentativz how to vote meanz that we hav no real reprezentation.

I am muzing about lawz that woud prohibit party affiliation from being considered in their official actionz. I think the entire ranking system shoud be eliminated. Every rep will be equal. The Speaker uv the House will not hav any authority over the orther congressmen. There wont be a Majority Leader in the senate hoo gets to direct the entire branch uv the goverment.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:47 pm

If we're having a problem with one administration reversing everything a previous administration accomplished, electoral reform won't fix it. Citizens need to stop electing tribally-minded politicians. Vote for personal character and integrity, not the party.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:43 pm

landrew wrote:
Vote for personal character and integrity, not the party.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
trump is Putin's bitch

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:46 pm

Aztexan wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:43 pm
landrew wrote:
Vote for personal character and integrity, not the party.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I'm not quite so cynical to believe the demagogues own it all yet. I think it's times like these when things start to turn in the other direction.
Laugh some more now, if you like.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:06 pm

If it can be passed, electoral reform woud help fix the partisan power problem by weakening the case agenst voting for independent and 3rd party candidates. A major fraction uv the vote iz alwayz anti Dem or Rep - the lesser uv 2 evilz.

Adding lawz that prohibit the congressmen and senatorz from acting for their partyz interest over the good uv their constituents andor The Nation woud fix the problem uv the previous administrationz accomplishments from being dumped.

Naturally, determining such a situation woud be open to interpretation, so its not going to be an instant fix.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:36 pm

I'm all for putting non-politicians into office.

Their contract running for six months or a year, then evaluation with stock option.
Lard, save me from your followers.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:32 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:06 pm
If it can be passed, electoral reform woud help fix the partisan power problem by weakening the case agenst voting for independent and 3rd party candidates. A major fraction uv the vote iz alwayz anti Dem or Rep - the lesser uv 2 evilz.

Adding lawz that prohibit the congressmen and senatorz from acting for their partyz interest over the good uv their constituents andor The Nation woud fix the problem uv the previous administrationz accomplishments from being dumped.

Naturally, determining such a situation woud be open to interpretation, so its not going to be an instant fix.
Tweaking the system by adding more laws?
Not much of a Libertarian, are you?

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:04 am

Power with an insufficient control mekanizm eventually bekumz a problem.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:56 am

I vizited Lauren Underwood'z campane offis yesterday.

Its appalling how much paper iz wasted on the entire prossess.

There wuz at least 2 tunz uv posterz, postcardz, stickerz, etc. I sed 'no way you'll be able to uze it all in 4 dayz' and the campaner sed "No, I'm pretty sure we will."

You haf to figure there wuz at least 10 x az much printed and distributed over the campane period. That wuz just 1 uv her 4 offisez. So did they print & distribute 80 tunz uv this krap?

Then therez Hultgren, the incumbent GoP congressman she'z running agenst. He probably did just az much.

https://ballotpedia.org/Illinois%27_14t ... tion,_2018

Then there wuz the primary for the Demz with 6 candidates cranking out printed junk.

Its realistic to estimate that 200 tunz uv paper haz been expended on just this 1 contest.

Multiply that by the number uv offisez up for grabz in the country.

I hope I hav grossly overestimated it.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:49 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:56 am
I vizited Lauren Underwood'z campane offis yesterday.

Its appalling how much paper iz wasted on the entire prossess.

There wuz at least 2 tunz uv posterz, postcardz, stickerz, etc. I sed 'no way you'll be able to uze it all in 4 dayz' and the campaner sed "No, I'm pretty sure we will."

You haf to figure there wuz at least 10 x az much printed and distributed over the campane period. That wuz just 1 uv her 4 offisez. So did they print & distribute 80 tunz uv this krap?

Then therez Hultgren, the incumbent GoP congressman she'z running agenst. He probably did just az much.

https://ballotpedia.org/Illinois%27_14t ... tion,_2018

Then there wuz the primary for the Demz with 6 candidates cranking out printed junk.

Its realistic to estimate that 200 tunz uv paper haz been expended on just this 1 contest.

Multiply that by the number uv offisez up for grabz in the country.

I hope I hav grossly overestimated it.
I think so. The digital age has diminished the use of paper considerably.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:52 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:04 am
Power with an insufficient control mekanizm eventually bekumz a problem.
The problem with adding a power control mechanism, is that it requires adding another power.
Division of powers works best, or at least better than anything else that has been tried.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:37 pm

The organizerz uv the debate put it on Youtube today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3mTjPwU5UA
The Socialist Workerz Party guy wuz way better than me. I seem like an incoherent hafwit!
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:44 pm

The polez cloze in 12 owrz and I'm 4 million votes short!!!!

Any ideaz?
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:49 am

landrew wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:49 pm
I think so. The digital age has diminished the use of paper considerably.
Apparently not wen it kumz to campane junk. A guy in the Firefly forum worked in a print shop in IL back in the 90z that specialized in political campanez. He sez I am correct, that a typical campane will jenerate 20 + tunz.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:52 am

I LOST!!! :shock:

It mite take a few weeks till I know how many votes I got.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:23 pm

You tried! That deserves an :award:

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:32 pm

Like I didnt hav enuf paper work to do, now I gotta rite a consession speech?
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:41 pm

But you don't have to hold it - just hand out printouts. In Nooalf. :-P

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:36 pm

We'll always need some paper. I mean trees get old, fall down and rot, so why not put some of them to good use?

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:32 pm

They usually get burnt up theze daze.

Irrigate the forest I say!
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:39 pm

The downside of loving trees too much is the lack of separation between forests and human habitation. It's nice to live intermingled with a forest, but when nature does it's regular renewal with forest fires, "wood is wood" so to speak. Maintaining a half-mile gap between forested and residential areas would go a long way towards preventing house fires.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:48 pm

Duz anybody really prefer to liv in a barren wasteland?
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:01 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:48 pm
Duz anybody really prefer to liv in a barren wasteland?
That's what some of them have now, after the fire.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Yes. thats wy - irrigate.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.