Prezident Trump

Where no two people are likely to agree.
landrew
Has More Than 9K Posts

Re: Prezident Trump

Post by landrew » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:05 pm

Only within the Trump bubble does any of this stuff make sense.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:15 am

Trump iz messing with nuclear misl treatyz now.

At best, its like letting a chimp loose in the control room at the Pentagon or wherever the nuclear arsenal iz controld from.

But sins we know he iz Putin'z puppet, its worse than that.

Herez a prediction: There will be a nuclear missle insident. Most likely it will be trased to Russia, if its not obvious from the start, or it coud be from the US. All sorts uv excusez and storyz will be offered up by Trump even if it wuz Russian.

The bottom line iz that it will benefit Putin.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

landrew
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by landrew » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:20 am

JO 753 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:15 am

At best, its like letting a chimp loose in the control room at the Pentagon or wherever the nuclear arsenal iz controld from.

Herez a prediction: There will be a nuclear missle insident. Most likely it will be trased to Russia, if its not obvious from the start, or it coud be from the US. All sorts uv excusez and storyz will be offered up by Trump even if it wuz Russian.

Much easier to decipher this time.
Thank you.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Lie, lie lie lie lie. Lie lie, lie lie lie lie! LIE!
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:32 pm

gorgeous wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:14 pm
such haters...filled with hatred...he's very smart...takes a very perceptive person to level 17 practiced politicians and win against all odds....idiots are the arrogant media elites who thought their candidate would win ...
You're praising an Illuminati Anunaki reptilian.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:38 pm

aren't they all reptilians?
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:51 pm

Not the Teleostei!
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:35 pm

Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Dwayne de Schwamp

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:32 pm

JO 753 wrote:

What do you make of today's story, in which Putin is boasting that he has a missile that can get around the US anti-missile defenses? Is he bluffing? He says he'll deploy it next year if Trump tries to scuttle the intermediate-range missile treaty.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.”

― Frédéric Bastiat (1801–1850), French economist

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:35 pm

Putin learned from Star Wars.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:37 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:35 pm
Underneath the constant scandal: https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/s ... ition-team
Jesus Christ! What kind of people are we dealing with here?
Christie’s investigation revealed, in the bargain, that Charles Kushner had hired a prostitute to seduce his brother-in-law, whom he suspected of cooperating with Christie, videotaped the sexual encounter and sent the tape to his sister.
Just one question, I have: WHERE DO THEY TIE THESE PEOPLE WHEN THE MOON IS FULL?

Well, maybe two questions: How much money did Cohen pay the prostitute for a non-disclosure agreement?
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.”

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: My nightmare

Post by Gord » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:51 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:32 pm
What do you make of today's story, in which Putin is boasting that he has a missile that can get around the US anti-missile defenses? Is he bluffing? He says he'll deploy it next year if Trump tries to scuttle the intermediate-range missile treaty.
Either he's bragging about getting rid of the intermediate-range missile treaty and hoping to intimidate the US with his nice new missile, or he's threatening the US with his nice new missile because he doesn't want to get rid of the intermediate-range missile. Either way, Trump's an idjit.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:53 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:What do you make of today's story, in which Putin is boasting that he has a missile that can get around the US anti-missile defenses? Is he bluffing?
No. It is a non-multiple warhead variant of their hyper-sonic missiles, which travel at roughly Mach 8. You can't intercept it.

MOSCOW, December 26. /TASS/. The Russian Defense Ministry has carried out tests of the hypersonic system Avangard to successfully verify all of its technical parameters, Russian President Vladimir Putin said at a meeting with government members on Wednesday.
http://tass.com/defense/1037974

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:43 am

I'v mentioned befor that there mite be a much bigger plot going on that motivated all the Trumps antics. Az destructiv az they are, they are mainly a distraction.

The pattern haz been consistant from day 1 - a scandle comez to lite, Trump or wun uv hiz gang sez or duz sumthing outrajus to grab hedlinez. Hard to figure wich scandle iz being distracted from at any moment.

My gess on the missilez iz they are also mainly a distraction. Its not like the old ICBMz arent going to work now, so MAD iz still in effect.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:05 am

Russia's nuclear powered cruise missile or their wathead-carrying submersible drone are publicity stunts - mostly.
They are meant as the answer to anti-missle defense efforts by the US.
So most they restore a degree of MAD deterrent that got lost.
But none of these weapons are capable of erroding America's second strike capability.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:14 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:53 am
Upton_O_Goode wrote:What do you make of today's story, in which Putin is boasting that he has a missile that can get around the US anti-missile defenses? Is he bluffing?
No. It is a non-multiple warhead variant of their hyper-sonic missiles, which travel at roughly Mach 8. You can't intercept it.

MOSCOW, December 26. /TASS/. The Russian Defense Ministry has carried out tests of the hypersonic system Avangard to successfully verify all of its technical parameters, Russian President Vladimir Putin said at a meeting with government members on Wednesday.
http://tass.com/defense/1037974
Thanks. I know nothing about missiles, so I had no idea. Putin is known to boast about things he doesn't have (like other leaders in other countries, in some of which I live), and of course TASS is going to say what he wants it to say.
Off Topic
I keep wondering why the acronym TASS (Telegrafnoe Agenstvo Sovetskogo Soyuza = Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union) continues to be used, now 27 years after the demise of the "SS". Did they find a new name with the same initials? I checked this on Russian Wikipedia and found that it is officially, since 1992, ITAR-TASS. That is, Informatsionno-Telegrafnoe Agenstvo Rossii-TASS. So the TASS part remains for purely historical reasons.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:25 am

ElectricMonk wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:05 am
Russia's nuclear powered cruise missile or their wathead-carrying submersible drone are publicity stunts - mostly.
They are meant as the answer to anti-missle defense efforts by the US.
So most they restore a degree of MAD deterrent that got lost.
But none of these weapons are capable of erroding America's second strike capability.
That was my feeling. No need at all to respond, even if this story is 100% genuine. Unless they get enough of them to wipe out all of America's attack missiles, the cost of using this weapon would be (shall we say?) prohibitive. And the cost is huge anyway on the dwarfish Russian budget. When this story came over the radio yesterday, as my wife and I were driving to our daughter's house for Boxing Day lunch, I said, "I'm sure the Russian people are dancing in the streets with joy that they now have a new and dreadfully expensive white elephant for Putin to use in his macho power games." Meanwhile, as one Russian recently said, "When is Putin going to do something for the RUSSIAN people?"

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:26 am

JO 753 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:43 am
Its not like the old ICBMz arent going to work now, so MAD iz still in effect.
Exactly. Nothing to see here, folks.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:32 am

JO 753 wrote:

Scary possibility. It appears that Putin is taking some risks and might be attacking the US power grid. That can be done from Moscow, courtesy of the Internet, which is generously provided by the National Science Foundation (that is, the US taxpayer).

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:55 pm

I'v alwayz sed its a hyooj mistake to connect real world thingz to the web. I'm not seeing wut the practical advantij iz to having a refrijerator, heating/air conditioning system, TV, or any applians hooked up. And sertainly not a factory and that goez a million timez for the power grid. Any conveniens or efficiensy iz not worth the risk.

I got a Channel Master DVR a few yirz ago, including the wireless web USB thing. The first 4 or so months I had to pull the plug it or the hit the reset button at least wuns a day kuz it woud freez up. Finally tried pulling the USB out.

That fixed it.

I cant get Youtube or long ranje program skejulez now, but they just werent worth it.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: My nightmare

Post by Gord » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:23 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:
...wathead-carrying submersible....
How are you pronouncing that? Is it wa-thead, or wat-head?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster

Post by ElectricMonk » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:47 pm

Gord wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:23 pm
ElectricMonk wrote:
...wathead-carrying submersible....
How are you pronouncing that? Is it wa-thead, or wat-head?
My mistake.
The correct term is {!#%@}-head

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:38 am

JO 753 wrote: Its not like the old ICBMz arent going to work now, so MAD iz still in effect.
Upton_O_Goode wrote:Exactly. Nothing to see here, folks.
Yep. Russia announces it has seven or eight new weapons systems "coming down the track" , some of which are real and some of which are fantasy. The USA has to develop expensive counter measures and waste its resources. However, any use of nuclear weapons will result in mutual destruction, so it is still the same story.

If anything Russia can now reduce its old nuclear warheads to less than 2,700 "ready to go" and save money.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:48 am

Why spend any money on such endeavors? I thought the Dr StrangeLove Doomsday device was totally dispositive of all strategic development issues: assuring MAD for anyone so reckless............... //// Hmmmmm....I'm starting to get the feeling that the doomsday device isn't real. Was it "just" a movie?

Ha, ha..........well, its more than a clue. Just laid out there for all to see. "No fighting in the War Room..............."
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:38 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: Why spend any money on such endeavors?
Military strategies such as feints, false attacks, demonstrations and so on are designed to make the enemy waste its limited resources. The same applies in economic warfare.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:21 am

JO 753 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:55 pm
I'v alwayz sed its a hyooj mistake to connect real world thingz to the web. I'm not seeing wut the practical advantij iz to having a refrijerator, heating/air conditioning system, TV, or any applians hooked up. And sertainly not a factory and that goez a million timez for the power grid. Any conveniens or efficiensy iz not worth the risk.
My God, JO, you are psychic!

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:31 am

Meanwhile, back on the Trump front, his trip to Iraq is just full of wonderful tidbits, such as...

(1) He actually was going to meet with the President of Iraq, but he canceled the meeting after they had "a disagreement in a telephone conversation."

(2) In contrast to Syria and Afghanistan, cases in which he appalled his loyal supporters at Fox by announcing pullouts, he stated firmly that we wouldn't be pulling out of Iraq. And politicians from all parties in Iraq immediately responded that they WANT THEM PULLED OUT.

(3) He lied yet again about the "10% pay raise" that he claims to have fought for and which the troops are (he says) now enjoying. (Spoiler, the raise was 2.6%.) He compounded the lie by saying they hadn't had a raise "in decades," when in fact they've been getting between 2% and 3% every year.

(4) He blew the cover of Navy Seal Team 5, showing their faces on television. (Apparently having forgotten that 32 Navy Seals were massacred by Islamic fighters in retribution for the killing of Bin Laden back in 2011.) Oh but it's all right. Our Secretary of Defense...ooops, we don't have one as of this coming Tuesday, and there's nobody "on deck" waiting. So, we'll have to resort to metonymy, as in this story:
However, the Office of the Secretary of Defense said in a statement that no rules were violated.
"The special operators voluntarily participated in this open press event," the secretary's public affairs arm stated. "There was no security violation."
Yup, I can just picture the scenario. Seals are assembled. Commanding Officer says, "The President is coming to visit and wants to have his picture taken with you. How many of you are willing to volunteer? All volunteers please step forward..."

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:21 pm

"You haven't gotten [a raise] in more than ten years. More than ten years. And we got you a big one. I got you a big one...I said no, make it ten percent. Make it more than ten percent. Because it's been a long time...So congratulations."
-- Trump, in Iraq, speaking to troops about military pay, which has increased every year except one for 30 years, and which is going up by 2.6%, the largest increase in nine years
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:44 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:21 am
Frum the article:
Mayor de Blasio's spokesman Eric Phillips tweeted that the lights were attributable to a "blown transformer."

"Not aliens," Phillips tweeted, but later deleted.
Must hav been alienz.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:40 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:44 pm
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:21 am
Frum the article:
Mayor de Blasio's spokesman Eric Phillips tweeted that the lights were attributable to a "blown transformer."

"Not aliens," Phillips tweeted, but later deleted.
Must hav been alienz.
Unless it was the Russians. (But Russians ARE aliens when they come here.) Paranoia alert: What would happen if there was any HINT that the Russians were able to do such a thing?

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:00 pm

There iz a hint now. I dont know that they cant.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:44 am

On cue, as I figured, the Israelis are not at all happy about Trump's decision to pull out of Syria. There's now a risk that Putin will press his advantage and could get into a direct confrontation with Israel.

But the truly unhappy people in all this are the Kurds, now consigned by Trump to the tender mercies of Erdogan. It has long been said that, while it is dangerous to have the US as your enemy, it is fatal to have it as your friend.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:02 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:31 am
Meanwhile, back on the Trump front, his trip to Iraq is just full of wonderful tidbits, such as...

(4) He blew the cover of Navy Seal Team 5, showing their faces on television. (Apparently having forgotten that 32 Navy Seals were massacred by Islamic fighters in retribution for the killing of Bin Laden back in 2011.) Oh but it's all right. Our Secretary of Defense...ooops, we don't have one as of this coming Tuesday, and there's nobody "on deck" waiting. So, we'll have to resort to metonymy, as in this story:
However, the Office of the Secretary of Defense said in a statement that no rules were violated.
"The special operators voluntarily participated in this open press event," the secretary's public affairs arm stated. "There was no security violation."
Yup, I can just picture the scenario. Seals are assembled. Commanding Officer says, "The President is coming to visit and wants to have his picture taken with you. How many of you are willing to volunteer? All volunteers please step forward..."
AFAIK, under normal circumstances, all identifying aspects would have been blurred before release...

In other noize, considering the midterms massacre and anything that will follow from that, he'll probably soon do one of his numerous flips and gear up to run as a Democrat in 2020. :lol:
Lard, save me from your followers.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:37 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:02 am

In other noize, considering the midterms massacre and anything that will follow from that, he'll probably soon do one of his numerous flips and gear up to run as a Democrat in 2020. :lol:
What? No no, it's impossible. Why, if he could do that, he could also fall in love with Rocket Man, and then where would he be?

TJrandom
True Skeptic

Post by TJrandom » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:02 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Underneath the constant scandal: https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/s ... ition-team
This makes me think that whatever the Trump administration prepares for the next administration, if anything at all, will need to be thrown away, and the new players will need to revert to what the Obama administration created.

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:40 pm

TJrandom wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:02 pm
JO 753 wrote:
This makes me think that whatever the Trump administration prepares for the next administration, if anything at all, will need to be thrown away, and the new players will need to revert to what the Obama administration created.
Yes indeed. He showed no interest in catching the ball when it was thrown to him. Just imagine what (if anything) he'll throw to his successor. I doubt if he will bother assembling anything at all, and there will be no "grown-ups" left to do it for him. The next administration will have to start from scratch.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:06 pm

My jeneral plan to clean up Trumps mess iz to rehire everybody hoo wuz running Obamaz America. The next thing woud be to make sure we never get a Bush or Trump ever agen.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

TJrandom
True Skeptic

Post by TJrandom » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:01 pm

And then for the next administration to declare that there never was a 45th presidency. Just wipe it from history. In a single bill, reverse and revert to laws that were in place when Obama left office.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:09 pm

That'd make Pence soooo very happy. :twisted:

(And would bring Darth Keebler to tears...)
Lard, save me from your followers.

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster

Post by ElectricMonk » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:05 am

JO 753 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:06 pm
My jeneral plan to clean up Trumps mess iz to rehire everybody hoo wuz running Obamaz America. The next thing woud be to make sure we never get a Bush or Trump ever agen.
This will be unavoidable, since the Trump team never did any handover and won't be able to provide one to the incoming administration.
As far as government departments are concerned, it will be more or less like Trump never happened except as a series of {!#%@}.