A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Where no two people are likely to agree.
User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by landrew » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:16 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:landrew: I watch it every day. but sadly....my service does not offer captions for this channel almost singularly, so I mostly watch Redacted Tonight for its hard hitting sarcasm, Ventura for his old school disgruntledness, Kaiser Report just to confirm WallStreet and Banksters are still screwing us, SADLY: Tom Hartman left and his replacement isn't on as often, Watching the Hawks for their liberal bias and occasional unique guest...…...so....not the more Russian based commentators.

I have liked some of their 30 minute specials...this week about Japanese Dolls, but I never turned on the sound. Those Anime females....have to admit some kind of attraction for me as well...…..but not enough to turn up the sound. That's going to be a tough choice a la Cherry 2000: a hot compliant pile of nuts and bolts, or a "real" woman. Heh, heh: all goes to what do we really want in a "relationship?"

RT has about 3-4 degrees of crazy to pile on before they reach Faux Spews levels of outright constant lying.
My cable box has caption capability. I'd be surprised if most of them don't nowadays.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 am

landrew wrote: My cable box has caption capability. I'd be surprised if most of them don't nowadays.
does it caption RT? ………………………………………. :idea:
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6180
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by Tom Palven » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:30 pm

A monument to the neoconservative MIC is being planned:
https://original.antiwar.com/lucy/2018/ ... thout-end/
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3110
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:08 pm
Custom Title: Yes that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:24 pm

Marx used to talk about wars being for markets. This is not like that.

The war itself is the market, not the places where the fighting takes place.
Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has No Life
Posts: 11731
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Custom Title: Salt of the earth
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by TJrandom » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:37 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:This is neither here nor there but I was staying in an apartment across the street from Russia Today's main office while I was in Moscow.
Sometimes I wonder........which forum members here, haven't actually lived, worked, visited or studied in Moscow? :D
I have walked by the Russian embassy in Tokyo as one must to get to the American club - a joint favored by some of the executives from that NY bank I worked for. Does walking past it count?

I am sure that the Russians didn`t like seeing the various `communications towers` above that club. :lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6180
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by Tom Palven » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:26 pm

Could Julian Assange get immunity for testimony?
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... senators-/
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by landrew » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:08 pm

I've seen the Russian dash-cam videos. A primitive culture for sure.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6180
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by Tom Palven » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:11 pm

landrew wrote:I've seen the Russian dash-cam videos. A primitive culture for sure.
I visited St. Petersburg and Moscow prior to Gorbachev gaining power in 1988, and visited St. Petersburg again a few months ago.

Russia has not transformed itself to the extent that China has, but still it has changed tremendously for the better.

Culturally, the Russian Orthodox Church remains a thorn in the side of humanism there, just as the Baptists are a drag here, witness the invigorated "pro-life" movement but Russia now has fresh meats and vegetables in the supermarkets, restaurants and hotels open for business, and although probably not quite up to Western European standards, it is no longer a Third World country.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:38 am

landrew wrote:I've seen the Russian dash-cam videos. A primitive culture for sure.
You get a discount on insurance if you have a dashcam in Russia. The USA will catch up with Russia one day. :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by landrew » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:56 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
landrew wrote:I've seen the Russian dash-cam videos. A primitive culture for sure.
You get a discount on insurance if you have a dashcam in Russia. The USA will catch up with Russia one day. :lol: :lol: :lol:
People driving like idiots, punching each other, swearing filthy language, much more than most countries.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:43 am

landrew wrote: People driving like idiots, punching each other, swearing filthy language, much more than most countries.
Really? How have you decided that Russian swear more than other people while driving.......when you can't speak Russian and other countries don't have the same number of dashcams?

(I will ask this on our sister forum, The Skeptic Society (Russia)

The Skeptic Society (Russian: Общество скептиков, Óbščestvo skeptikov) is a Russian-speaking skeptical society. Its aim is to spread critical thinking, popularise science, educate the general public, promote and teach critical and skeptical thinking skills and create a platform for science and skepticism communication.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeptic_Society

You just hold hate against a group of people based on no reason. If it was the 1930s you would be telling us how Jews are "really bad people" also based on your personal prejudice. Try another forum.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:42 am

landrew wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
landrew wrote:I've seen the Russian dash-cam videos. A primitive culture for sure.
You get a discount on insurance if you have a dashcam in Russia. The USA will catch up with Russia one day. :lol: :lol: :lol:
People driving like idiots, punching each other, swearing filthy language, much more than most countries.
You didn't respond to Matt at all. Stuck in a rut. So common...…… so sad.

………………………………...Be honest and THINK your way out of it.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by landrew » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:25 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
landrew wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
landrew wrote:I've seen the Russian dash-cam videos. A primitive culture for sure.
You get a discount on insurance if you have a dashcam in Russia. The USA will catch up with Russia one day. :lol: :lol: :lol:
People driving like idiots, punching each other, swearing filthy language, much more than most countries.
You didn't respond to Matt at all. Stuck in a rut. So common...…… so sad.

………………………………...Be honest and THINK your way out of it.
My family is of Russian heritage. I know of where I speak. Russia was under the feudal system until almost the 20th century. Get used to my opinion. It's not wrong because I disagree.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:49 pm

your opinion is not bolstered nor informed by your "Russian heritage." Your opinion is wrong because it is over generalized based on your personal perceptions. aka: almost nothing to do with reality.

Most personal opinions are like that. Its why hoomans are...………………...silly.

landrew: you have many good ideas. Some quite silly. Learn the difference.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:05 am

landrew wrote: My family is of Russian heritage. I know of where I speak. Russia was under the feudal system until almost the 20th century. Get used to my opinion. It's not wrong because I disagree.
So if my family were of Jewish heritage.....would it be OK for me to say Jewish people "are a primitive culture", " driving like idiots, punching each other, swearing filthy language, much more than most countries" based on no evidence other than a deep prejudice against others?
landrew wrote:Russia was under the feudal system until almost the 20th century.
....and the USA didn't free slaves until 1865.....is that OK with you, because slaves were only "darkies" :lol:
Last edited by Matthew Ellard on Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3110
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:08 pm
Custom Title: Yes that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:22 am

... driving like idiots, punching each other, swearing filthy language, much more than most countries states ...
New Yorkers about New Jerseyans.

Wisconsinites about Illinoisans.

... :mrgreen:
Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by landrew » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:06 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:your opinion is not bolstered nor informed by your "Russian heritage." Your opinion is wrong because it is over generalized based on your personal perceptions. aka: almost nothing to do with reality.

Most personal opinions are like that. Its why hoomans are...………………...silly.

landrew: you have many good ideas. Some quite silly. Learn the difference.
Not going to happen. Vlad the Poisoner has killed critics and journalists. He got kicked out of the G8 for invading a sovereign nation and seizing its territory. He organized the biggest doping scandal in Olympic history. As a kleptocrat, he has become one of the richest men on the planet.

No thanks, I've learned enough.

P.S. how does interfering with US democracy and influencing a presidential election turn your crank?
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Landrews hates Russians because..????????

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:29 am

Landrews is a total idiot
landrew wrote: Vlad the Poisoner has killed critics and journalists. He got kicked out of the G8 for invading a sovereign nation and seizing its territory. He organized the biggest doping scandal in Olympic history.
I see....so you claim all Russians are "primitive backwards" people....because Vladimir Putin is their president. :lol: :lol:

So,,,,,by your own retarded logic, as Donald Trump is your president, I should assume you are retarded, grab girls by the pussy, can't spell basic words and hate darkies. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Try posting on Stormfront. They share your logic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Landrews hates Russians because..????????

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:37 am

landrew wrote: No thanks, I've learned enough.
When was that? 1950?
RedScare.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Landrews hates Russians because..????????

Post by landrew » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:11 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:Landrews is a total idiot
landrew wrote: Vlad the Poisoner has killed critics and journalists. He got kicked out of the G8 for invading a sovereign nation and seizing its territory. He organized the biggest doping scandal in Olympic history.
I see....so you claim all Russians are "primitive backwards" people....because Vladimir Putin is their president. :lol: :lol:

So,,,,,by your own retarded logic, as Donald Trump is your president, I should assume you are retarded, grab girls by the pussy, can't spell basic words and hate darkies. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Try posting on Stormfront. They share your logic. :lol: :lol: :lol:
How puerile. In which universe does a negative opinion about Putin create a positive one about Trump?
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by montgomery » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:35 pm

landrew wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:your opinion is not bolstered nor informed by your "Russian heritage." Your opinion is wrong because it is over generalized based on your personal perceptions. aka: almost nothing to do with reality.

Most personal opinions are like that. Its why hoomans are...………………...silly.

landrew: you have many good ideas. Some quite silly. Learn the difference.
Not going to happen. Vlad the Poisoner has killed critics and journalists. He got kicked out of the G8 for invading a sovereign nation and seizing its territory. He organized the biggest doping scandal in Olympic history. As a kleptocrat, he has become one of the richest men on the planet.

No thanks, I've learned enough.

P.S. how does interfering with US democracy and influencing a presidential election turn your crank?
Vlad apparently did much less than America did when it comes to invading other countries and seizing their territory. How about we try to keep things in a proper perspecive?

montgomery
BANNED
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by montgomery » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:41 pm

OutOfBreath wrote:Tom.
I think most of us here are fine with being critical to the US' doings in the world. What Matthew highlights, with his usual inclusive charm, is that you seem to neglect that other countries are up to much of the same games. That your anti-US establishment fervour seems to blind you from equally problematic sides about other countries' dealings. I find it weird that you cant even acknowledge or answer Matthew's point about SVR/GRU. If you really are the libertarian you profess to be, it shouldn't be hard damning other nations' versions of CIA and use of force when it suits them.

Peace
Dan
We all do the same thing obviously. When somebody condemns Russia, I don't ask that they also condemn America. And neither do you. It's our own country that needs to be condemned and trying to change the subject to other countries doesn't apply.

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by landrew » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:41 pm

montgomery wrote:
landrew wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:your opinion is not bolstered nor informed by your "Russian heritage." Your opinion is wrong because it is over generalized based on your personal perceptions. aka: almost nothing to do with reality.

Most personal opinions are like that. Its why hoomans are...………………...silly.

landrew: you have many good ideas. Some quite silly. Learn the difference.
Not going to happen. Vlad the Poisoner has killed critics and journalists. He got kicked out of the G8 for invading a sovereign nation and seizing its territory. He organized the biggest doping scandal in Olympic history. As a kleptocrat, he has become one of the richest men on the planet.

No thanks, I've learned enough.

P.S. how does interfering with US democracy and influencing a presidential election turn your crank?
Vlad apparently did much less than America did when it comes to invading other countries and seizing their territory. How about we try to keep things in a proper perspecive?
Here we go... diverting the topic to an irrelevant place where you can take the pot-shots you want. Stick to this one; Putin is a menace to the free world, and we have dealt with his ilk before. Don't get caught riding the wrong horse once it starts happening.

Charles Lindbergh never lived down during the war, the adulation he had for the Hitler and the Nazis before the war, but how he tried. By the time he could help the war effort, he was already practically black-listed, and went around volunteering to help pilots on his own initiative; small penance, but he did eventually see the light.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:55 am

Every thing you say re Putin is true, or close enough. Nothing to do with the "Primitive Index" of the Russian Culture. Its like saying the USA is just like Trump.

You wouldn't say that would you?????
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Landrews hates Russians because..????????

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:56 am

landrew wrote: How puerile. In which universe does a negative opinion about Putin create a positive one about Trump?
Nope. You are simply an idiot.

You firstly claimed Russians are primitive because they eat lard on bread. I pointed out that Russian "сало" actually means "bacon" and Americans also eat bacon on toast..... and all Slavic people eat сало, not just Russians. You made no counter argument.

You then claimed Russians are primitive because they swear all the time on dashcams. I then pointed out that you can't speak Russian , don't know if they are swearing or not, as I do, and you had no other country's dashcams to compare those Russian videos against. You made no counter argument.

You thirdly claimed all Russians are primitive because Vladimir Putin took Crimea back from Ukraine and probably had people poisoned and was president of Russia. I pointed out that Vladimir speaks four languages and had outwitted USA security to put in Trump and Trump is president of the USA, "grab s women by the pussy" and can't spell basic words.

If Vladimir Putin represents all Russians why doesn't Donald Trump represent all Americans? You made no counter argument.

You are just like Gorgeous and Tom Palven. This is a skeptic forum. Try another forum.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Matthew Ellard on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Landrews hates Russians because..????????

Post by landrew » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:15 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
landrew wrote: How puerile. In which universe does a negative opinion about Putin create a positive one about Trump?
Nope. You are simply an idiot.

You firstly claimed Russians are primitive because they eat lard on bread. I pointed out that Russian "сало" actually means "bacon" and Americans also eat bacon on toast..... and all Slavic people eat сало. You ran away.

You then claimed Russians are primitive because they swear all the time on dashcams. I then pointed out that you can't speak Russian , don't know if they are swearing or not, as I do, and you had no other country's dashcams to compare those Russian videos against. You ran away.

You thirdly claimed all Russians are primitive because Vladimir Putin took Crimea back from Ukraine and probably had people poisoned and was president of Russia. I pointed out that Vladimir speaks four languages and had outwitted USA security to put in Trump and Trump is president of the USA, "grab s women by the pussy" and can't spell basic words.
If Vladimir Putin represents all Russians why doesn't Donald Trump represent all Americans? You ran away.

You are just like Gorgeous and Tom Palven. This is a skeptic forum. Try another forum.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just give it up. You're grasping at any straw, so all you have left are ad hominem comments.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Landrews hates Russians because..????????

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:32 am

landrew wrote: Just give it up. You're grasping at any straw, so all you have left are ad hominem comments.
No I'm not. I'm watching classic prejudiced behaviour. As I said, if it was 1930's, you'd be posting the same horrible unfounded things about Jews or African Americans and also think it was OK to do so.

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Landrews hates Russians because..????????

Post by landrew » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:57 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
landrew wrote: Just give it up. You're grasping at any straw, so all you have left are ad hominem comments.
No I'm not. I'm watching classic prejudiced behaviour. As I said, if it was 1930's, you'd be posting the same horrible unfounded things about Jews or African Americans and also think it was OK to do so.
OK, that's enough. This is over.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:33 pm

Got to admit...…….not providing any counter at all to relevant points in contention...…...doesn't mean its over. It means it never got started.

Leaving in a huff: always a class move.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Landrews hates Russians because..????????

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:14 am

landrew wrote: OK, that's enough. This is over.
Good. Stop slagging off Russians based on your unfounded personal prejudice. It is an insult to our sister society and i's members at The Skeptic Society (Russia)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeptic_Society
https://www.ecso.org/news/skeptics-russ ... skepticon/
Randi_&_Kirill.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by landrew » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:01 am

If you knew 1% of which you speak...



The History Channel isn't known for telling the kind of wild tales you hear elsewhere nowadays.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:33 am

landrew wrote:If you knew 1% of which you speak...
That's the fun part. I actually do know what I'm talking about. You don't.

Firstly, Russia is no more a threat to world peace than China or the USA. In fact Russia has been at its weakest for the last 10 years reforming its armed forces from conscript to a smaller professional armed force. In fact Russia announced this openly when the Serdyukov reforms were announced in 2008.

Secondly, Putin does not represent all Russians, as Donald Trump does not represent all Americans.

Thirdly, Russia, to its own surprise, actually successfully removed the USA and UK's influence from Europe, through the same political mischief that Radio Free Europe was using against Russia for the last 60 years. (Nigel Farage's Brexit propaganda was funded from overseas) If anything it was poor public educational standards in the USA that also allowed Trump to get in.

Now that Trump is playing tariff war chicken with Europe, Russia can flip over and pretend to be the nice guy and get on with its new gas supply to Western Europe to maintain EC GDP. That is exactly what Russia is now doing in Germany. By the time the USA and UK work out what happened Europe will be firmly economically integrated with Russia.

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by landrew » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:25 pm

Have you watched the program? Of course not. But fact-checking can be very enlightening, and they make a very clear case for concern. I can also verify the story, having so many contacts from Russia and the former Soviet Union.

Your side of the story is a fantasy, made up and based on denial and animosity towards a message you don't want to hear. Your arguments are failing; based on your increasingly desperate arguments and personal attacks.

This is not to debate any further, but to ask that we both "wait and see" what future developments bring. I am expecting that something will develop from the fact that over 100,000 protesters took to the streets of Moscow to protest a rigged election, and Putin's corrupt, avaricious and kleptocratic stranglehold on Russia.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11961
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by OlegTheBatty » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:04 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
landrew wrote:If you knew 1% of which you speak...
That's the fun part. I actually do know what I'm talking about. You don't.

Firstly, Russia is no more a threat to world peace than China or the USA. In fact Russia has been at its weakest for the last 10 years reforming its armed forces from conscript to a smaller professional armed force. In fact Russia announced this openly when the Serdyukov reforms were announced in 2008.

Secondly, Putin does not represent all Russians, as Donald Trump does not represent all Americans.

Thirdly, Russia, to its own surprise, actually successfully removed the USA and UK's influence from Europe, through the same political mischief that Radio Free Europe was using against Russia for the last 60 years. (Nigel Farage's Brexit propaganda was funded from overseas) If anything it was poor public educational standards in the USA that also allowed Trump to get in.

Now that Trump is playing tariff war chicken with Europe, Russia can flip over and pretend to be the nice guy and get on with its new gas supply to Western Europe to maintain EC GDP. That is exactly what Russia is now doing in Germany. By the time the USA and UK work out what happened Europe will be firmly economically integrated with Russia.
Every time Trump's trade war with China provokes retaliation, the competitive advantage in those goods switches to other Pacific Rim countries. By the time the smoke clears, PR countries will be replacing a bunch of US trade with China. I doubt if it will be as much of a change as Russia-EU, but it will still be significant.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

.......................Doesn't matter how often I'm proved wrong.................... ~ bobbo the pragmatist

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:43 am

landrew wrote:Your side of the story is a fantasy
Everything I stated is correct. The Serdyukov military reforms are now complete and the new Russian tanks, subs and missiles are entering production. Putin has signed on with Germany to build the new pipeline bypassing Ukraine. The USA and UK have lost their influence in Europe to Russia's benefit.

It is you, an idiot, who got caught making up lies about "Russians eating lard for protein" and "swearing more on dashcams" because they are "primitive"

You really should post on Stormfront with the other prejudiced liars.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5514
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit

Re: Landrews hates Russians because..????????

Post by Austin Harper » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:49 pm

landrew wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
landrew wrote: How puerile. In which universe does a negative opinion about Putin create a positive one about Trump?
Nope. You are simply an idiot.

You firstly claimed Russians are primitive because they eat lard on bread. I pointed out that Russian "сало" actually means "bacon" and Americans also eat bacon on toast..... and all Slavic people eat сало. You ran away.

You then claimed Russians are primitive because they swear all the time on dashcams. I then pointed out that you can't speak Russian , don't know if they are swearing or not, as I do, and you had no other country's dashcams to compare those Russian videos against. You ran away.

You thirdly claimed all Russians are primitive because Vladimir Putin took Crimea back from Ukraine and probably had people poisoned and was president of Russia. I pointed out that Vladimir speaks four languages and had outwitted USA security to put in Trump and Trump is president of the USA, "grab s women by the pussy" and can't spell basic words.
If Vladimir Putin represents all Russians why doesn't Donald Trump represent all Americans? You ran away.

You are just like Gorgeous and Tom Palven. This is a skeptic forum. Try another forum.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just give it up. You're grasping at any straw, so all you have left are ad hominem comments.
Calling you an idiot was an ad hominem attack, but you it wasn't the ad hominem fallacy (he didn't say you're wrong because you're an idiot). He pointed out several errors in your argument which you have yet to acknowledge or defend.

1. Eating lard on bread is not backward. I'm not a fan of it, but I do like goose grease on toast. The kinds of food people like are not an indicator of anything other than the kinds of food they like.
2. Lard isn't even what they're eating, it's bacon.
3. You think having more technology (dashcams) on cars somehow makes them more primitive.
4. You think they curse in the dashcam videos despite not speaking Russian and therefore not being able to identify curse words.
5. You think that they cure more than other people despite not having any videos of other people to compare them to.
6. You think Vladimir Putin is a bad guy and as the President of Russia this reflects poorly on all Russians, but don't believe having a bad American President reflects poorly on all Americans.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Landrews hates Russians because..????????

Post by landrew » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:04 pm

Austin Harper wrote:
landrew wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
landrew wrote: How puerile. In which universe does a negative opinion about Putin create a positive one about Trump?
Nope. You are simply an idiot...

OK. This thing has obviously run it's course and ended in an impasse. I'm an idiot, and you know Russians better than an actual Russian (myself).
Thanks.

P.S. I can't address misquotes. You should know better.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:14 pm

There is no impasse, as you refuse to respond to points critical of your assessment. "I'm right about everything I think about Russia, because ………………" Pick your own fallacy...….but not an impasse.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Landrews hates Russians because..????????

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:10 am

landrew wrote: and you know Russians better than an actual Russian (myself).......
Вы не можете говорить по-русски. Вы никогда не были в России. Вы американец.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

( You cannot speak Russian. You have never been to Russia. You are an American. )

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: A Monument to Courage is Being Planned

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:44 am

You are an American.
Damn melting pot.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?