The method used to execute Jang Song-thaek

Where no two people are likely to agree.
Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

The method used to execute Jang Song-thaek

Post by Monster » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:26 pm

Allegedly, he was fed to dogs. Unfortunately, the truth may never be known.

http://gawker.com/kim-jong-un-fed-his-u ... 1493791256" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

kennyc
Has No Life
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon

Re: The method used to execute Jang Song-thaek

Post by kennyc » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:50 pm

I suspect it is not true but I also suspect that the story was either released for or will be use to 'enhance' his hold on power.
:shock:
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:43 am

I don't know if it is true or not. However the previous minister of the Research Department for External Intelligence (RDEI) was executed by an 88mm mortar shell because he was getting friendly with China and the North Koreans are frightened that China is starting to gather "friends" for a regime change buffer.

The reason the Cuba has been supplying "high tech" spare parts is because China is no longer supplying spare parts to North Korea for short range ballistic missiles.

A North Korean army minister was executed with a mortar round for reportedly drinking and carousing during the official mourning period after Kim Jong-il's death.
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2 ... iyPuH.dpbs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Flash » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:37 am

I personally think that these stories (executions by the dogs and artillery shells) as well as others about North Korea are all BS created by the Western Intelligence to denigrate and ostracize the North Korean regime.

It's an old propaganda method. The British press during the WWI used to report on a number of unfortunate French babies bayoneted by the Hun.

Remember when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait. Our intrepid media then published stories about the babies being thrown out of the incubators by the brutal Iraqi soldiers. It was all the CIA conceived BS.

And now every time Assad forces in Syria bomb the islamist positions the Western press immediately reports on the number of babies burned to death.
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

Rob Lister
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: Spline Reticulator

Post by Rob Lister » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:16 pm

Flash wrote:I personally think that these stories (executions by the dogs and artillery shells) as well as others about North Korea are all BS created by the Western Intelligence to denigrate and ostracize the North Korean regime.
...according to a newspaper with close ties to China's ruling Communist Party.
So your definition of Western now includes Eastern.

Dark Korea really doesn't need us to denigrate it. They denigrate themselves just fine.

You should move there and starve.
Skeptic much? Sure you do.
http://www.skepticalcommunity.com/forum ... ive_topics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:37 pm

Flash wrote:I personally think that these stories (executions by the dogs and artillery shells) as well as others about North Korea are all BS created by the Western Intelligence to denigrate and ostracize the North Korean regime.

I suggest to you that as many North Korean citizens face a normal firing squad, that senior minister executions require a more dramatic execution. It's like beheading for traitors VS hanging for criminals in England. Everyone does it.

Western propaganda chiefs do not need to tell any lies to make the North Koreans look foolish.

octopus1
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Deep Sea Mollusk

Post by octopus1 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:49 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:

I suggest to you that as many North Korean citizens face a normal firing squad, that senior minister executions require a more dramatic execution. It's like beheading for traitors VS hanging for criminals in England. Everyone does it.

Western propaganda chiefs do not need to tell any lies to make the North Koreans look foolish.
I would like to just quickly clarify that no death penalty exists in England, the United Kingdom as a whole, nor any British Crown Dependencies / Overseas Territories any more! :lol:

Historically, however, the point is mostly valid.

Of course I agree that there must be some embellishment of the facts going on. From both sides. Jong-Un is projecting an image of himself as the unwavering and ruthless 'leader'. The West are portraying him as a mad tyrant bent on some psychopathic self-destruction.

The truth? A little of this, a little of that...
"On the fence".... Without a cushion....

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:13 am

octopus1 wrote:I would like to just quickly clarify that no death penalty exists in England, the United Kingdom as a whole, nor any British Crown Dependencies / Overseas Territories any more! :lol:
I'm not suggesting that UK and Commonwealth traitors were drawn and quartered in recent times. It would upset the more modern prison guards and cost a lot in laundry bills.

However....The UK and Commonwealth countries do "knock off" people ( mostly foreigners). They simply get re-labelled as military rather than civilian to avoid civil legislation. Martin McGuinness, of the IRA, gets his legacy military titles from the UK not the IRA.

octopus1
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by octopus1 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:32 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
octopus1 wrote:I would like to just quickly clarify that no death penalty exists in England, the United Kingdom as a whole, nor any British Crown Dependencies / Overseas Territories any more! :lol:
I'm not suggesting that UK and Commonwealth traitors were drawn and quartered in recent times. It would upset the more modern prison guards and cost a lot in laundry bills.

However....The UK and Commonwealth countries do "knock off" people ( mostly foreigners). They simply get re-labelled as military rather than civilian to avoid civil legislation. Martin McGuinness, of the IRA, gets his legacy military titles from the UK not the IRA.
:P

I was just making sure that there would be no confusion about the current use of capital punishment here.

Lawfully, it is prohibited. Extra-judicially? Yeeeaaah....

Although they're more likely to use guns or poisons these days, than a rope or an axe. And if they're caught it's "bye-bye world, hello HMP"...!

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Post-bloom

Post by Poodle » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:37 am

Good job, too. I always suspected that arson in a naval dockyard was simply a misprint.

octopus1
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by octopus1 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:44 am

Poodle wrote:Good job, too. I always suspected that arson in a naval dockyard was simply a misprint.
:lol:

1998. The possibility of the "ultimate sanction" for all offenses ended then.

fromthehills
True Skeptic

Post by fromthehills » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:40 am

I thought this would be a bullshido thread.

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Flash » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:47 am

Bob Lister wrote:
I didn't say this. Get your quotes straight

Crap.
Dark Korea really doesn't need us to denigrate it. They denigrate themselves just fine.

Your sarcasm shines like a nugget of fools gold in a pile of {!#%@}.... and you are naive.
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

Rob Lister
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: Spline Reticulator

Post by Rob Lister » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:17 pm

Flash wrote:Bob Lister wrote:
I didn't say this. Get your quotes straight

Crap.

Your sarcasm shines like a nugget of fools gold in a pile of {!#%@}.... and you are naive.
Skeptic much? Sure you do.
http://www.skepticalcommunity.com/forum ... ive_topics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:24 pm

Rob Lister is correct, Flash.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

kennyc
Has No Life
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon

Post by kennyc » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:35 pm

Rob Lister wrote:...

Good Idea.... :D
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Flash » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:18 am

Oh please Rob Lister, it really is a small point but I can't let it go because I can't believe how unfair it is.

You took a quote from my post, glued to it some opinion from some unknown paper and arrived at a conclusion that pleases your crooked eye. It's just illogical and unfair.

And Kenny wants me to move to North Korea too. Probably just as badly as I want him to move to Detroit. :mrgreen: