Feminism is destroying our society

Where no two people are likely to agree.
rickoshay85
Veteran Poster

Re: Feminism is destroying our society

Post by rickoshay85 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
The Sea is Mine wrote: Young women no longer know how to sacrifice. By "empowering females" young women are conditioned to behave as males.

Err....no....empowering women is about empowering all people as equals regardless of sex. Individuals make their own choices.

What laws would you like to introduce to reduce this self perceived danger from empowering women?

The natural law of self preservation stands by itself, no other laws are necessary.
What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO. John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

The Sea is Mine
BANNED

Post by The Sea is Mine » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:57 am

rickoshay85 wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
The Sea is Mine wrote: Young women no longer know how to sacrifice. By "empowering females" young women are conditioned to behave as males.

Err....no....empowering women is about empowering all people as equals regardless of sex. Individuals make their own choices.

What laws would you like to introduce to reduce this self perceived danger from empowering women?

The natural law of self preservation stands by itself, no other laws are necessary.

well here's another great article here that answers some of your questions about "empowering women" whatever that may mean. this stuff is going on in Europe to.

Favorite quote
Girls, on the other hand, were taught how great the suffragettes were and that without them they'd still be under the tyranny of the evil men. I remember a particular class where the female teachers and female students were all laughing at the stupidity of boys and men. I remember the female teacher pointing out "all the men had to fight wars, while women didn't, but it was always men that started the wars!" while the girls all laughed. I remember looking around at all the boys in my class just sitting there, quietly, blank stares on their faces, saying nothing. Then it hit me like a silver bullet, I was doing the same as them: nothing.

also

I was one of the few people who wasn't surprised when the UK Riots came about. It was just waiting to happen. This is the generation of young men who are supposed to be the backbone to our culture. Hah! well done feminism, well done Labour, you managed to systematically destroy a whole country in just one decade, far more damaging than the "Nazis", "racists", "bigots" and "sexists" ever could of done.

Full article

it's about the book "the war against boys"

Copyrighted content removed. --Pyrrho

ps

Oh and before anyone accuses me of blaming my failings on the Education system, my father paid for me to go to an all-male school, where I got 7 As in GCSEs on my first year there directly after mandatory school ended, then two years of A levels in which I got all 5 of them. This isn't some blame, pity me game. I'm just generally very interested in what you all think is going to happen if my scenario holds true?
Men's rights worldwide!

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:50 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:Not all men are Neanderthals, Tim. In fact, I'd go so far as to say most aren't.

And yes, I recognise calling people "Neanderthals" is derogatory to Neanderthals. But they can't complain, so it's cool.

What do you mean, I can't complain? :evil:
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:59 pm

The Sea is Mine wrote: Anyways, things changed for the worse at age 11 when I entered secondary school. This was 4-5 years after Labour had taken power in 1997
How interesting. Here is UK's National Curriculum for 5-11 years olds ( For most Commonwealth countries, like mine, this is called Primary School. May I ask you to detail your evidence of changes the Labour government made to the 1997 curriculum?
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Sch ... DG_4015959

The Sea is Mine wrote: I had maximum grades
Hmmmm...let us read further through your post....and reflect upon this statement about boys and girls in class

The Sea is Mine wrote: Immediately it began. We were taught, at such a young age, about all of the atrocities western men had committed against everyone else.
Is "we" meaning both 11 year old boys and 11 year old girls? (Remember boys and girls all sat in the same public school classroom)

The Sea is Mine wrote: Girls, on the other hand, were taught how great the suffragettes were and that without them they'd still be under the tyranny of the evil men.
How fascinating. So when these 11 year old girls were being taught about suffragettes were all the boys in your class told to put their fingers in their ears and not listen? Did you sit a special exam for "boys only" at your co-ed UK public school at the end of Primary school to achieve your "maximum grades"?

The Sea is Mine wrote: I remember looking around at all the boys in my class just sitting there, quietly, blank stares on their faces, saying nothing. Then it hit me like a silver bullet, I was doing the same as them: nothing.
Was that because all the boys had their fingers stuck in their ears so they wouldn't hear about the Suffragettes? Can you elaborate? Here use this spade to keep digging the hole you got yourself into.

The Sea is Mine wrote: However after having years of political correctness and self-shame pumped into me..... I had no knowledge of how to even discredit them.
Well lucky you still achieved "maximum grades" despite this severe handicap.

The Sea is Mine wrote: ANTI-WHITE RACISM
Well we all knew this was coming....

The Sea is Mine wrote: Hours upon hours of all the horrendous crimes our ancestors did to the Africans, the native Americans, the Jewish people and of course, women.
Oddly, in studying English colonialism I can't remember a colony in a Jewish dominion. Can you elaborate on what subject matter the class was actually discussing for 11 year olds.....can't remember? but you still got maximum grades? How fascinating.

The Sea is Mine wrote: Not one, not a SINGLE mention of all the good we did, only the bad
Gosh...so Cromwell, Einstein, Sir Issac Newton, Christopher Columbus, Henry Ford, James Watt, George Stephenson and so forth never got mentioned once.....how interesting.....and you still achieved "maximum grades".

The Sea is Mine wrote: (and if they did happen to mention anything good a white man did they never pointed out it was a white man who did it.
Why should they? The illustration of Stephenson with his "Rocket" normally conveyed this information to 11 year olds. I'm pretty sure that the photos of Henry Ford didn't show a Pakistani fellow....did you never see such a photo in class textbooks or school outing to the British Science Museum on Exhibition Rd?

The Sea is Mine wrote: That line of thinking leads to a nation of Nazis, apparently.
I can see that you have thought heavily about the Nazis.

The Sea is Mine wrote: My big question is, what is going to happen when my generation has to step up to run Britain?
Thankfully the voter's don't vote for the whole generation but rather the individual parties.

The Sea is Mine wrote: Oh and before anyone accuses me of blaming my failings on the Education system, my father paid for me to go to an all-male school,
I see so you have GUESSED that 11 year old girls were taught about the suffragettes
The Sea is Mine wrote: I remember looking around at all the boys in my class just sitting there, quietly, blank stares on their faces, saying nothing.... I remember the female teacher pointing out "all the men had to fight wars, while women didn't, but it was always men that started the wars!" while the girls all laughed.

I think we can dismiss this as pure fantasy....

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:38 pm

Sea,
I know I should have asked this sooner, before dioscussing your premise, but how are you defining "society"? What and where is it, and does it contain women?
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Post-bloom

Post by Poodle » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:47 pm

Bloody Hell, Sea ... Do you live in the same UK that I think I do?

Admittedly, educational standards have fallen - hence the high number of pass grades given to dorks in GCSE and A level exams - but accusing that same system of instilling bigotry of all kinds as an institutional practice is, shall we say, a little over the top.

We, like most other countries, have an unemployment problem. A lot of school-leavers end up stacking shelves. A lot of shelf-stackers don't stay in that job for very long. They move on and up. The ones who remain would be, I guess, those who refused to take their education seriously, wasted everyone's time, and then blamed their situation on the education system they couldn't be bothered to take advantage of.

rickoshay85
Veteran Poster

Post by rickoshay85 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:20 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:Not all men are Neanderthals, Tim. In fact, I'd go so far as to say most aren't.

And yes, I recognise calling people "Neanderthals" is derogatory to Neanderthals. But they can't complain, so it's cool.

Maybe a better word is Macho. It's more up to date.
What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO. John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Persistent ponderer

Post by OutOfBreath » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:41 pm

An interesting little graph courtesy of the economist:

http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailycha ... d-equality

Peace
Dan
What is perceived as real becomes real in its consequences.

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:29 pm

OutOfBreath wrote:An interesting little graph courtesy of the economist:

Hmmmm.... So Norway and Australia are doing alright.....cool....but who owns that little unnamed dot south-west of Norway? This country is so egalitarian that they won't even name themselves as a separate country! Norway and Australia are going to have to pull up their socks as there is room for improvement!

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Post-bloom

Post by Poodle » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:15 am

I'd take a guess at Sweden or the Netherlands. Apart from a little abiding angst in Sweden, both countries are pretty much at ease with themselves.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:21 am

Poodle wrote:I'd take a guess at Sweden or the Netherlands. Apart from a little abiding angst in Sweden, both countries are pretty much at ease with themselves.

Could be anywhere. The Economist graph's key, has Australia labeled as Western European. I always wear my koala skin Lederhosen while posting.

OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Persistent ponderer

Post by OutOfBreath » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:22 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Poodle wrote:I'd take a guess at Sweden or the Netherlands. Apart from a little abiding angst in Sweden, both countries are pretty much at ease with themselves.

Could be anywhere. The Economist graph's key, has Australia labeled as Western European. I always wear my koala skin Lederhosen while posting.

Nah, they don't. Notice the little red line leading from the name Australia over to the asian coloured dot? That's Australia. Still alright though. :)

As for the unidentified dots, I also would think the dots south of Norway to belong to Sweden the Netherlands and the like. Norway is labelled probably because we seem to be leading the table on the democracy parameter.

The best places to live happen to be where women are most free. I think that is not a coincidence.

Peace
Dan
What is perceived as real becomes real in its consequences.

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: My nightmare

Post by Gord » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:57 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
OutOfBreath wrote:An interesting little graph courtesy of the economist:

...but who owns that little unnamed dot south-west of Norway?

My first thought was Iceland.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Post by Major Malfunction » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:37 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:
Major Malfunction wrote:I recognise calling people "Neanderthals" is derogatory to Neanderthals. But they can't complain, so it's cool.

What do you mean, I can't complain? :evil:

You're a reptile. I'm a robot. Neither of us complain. If we get pissed off, we do so quietly, and then go on metropolis-crushing rampages. It's what's expected.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:52 pm

rickoshay85 wrote:Maybe a better word is Macho. It's more up to date.

All the gays are macho. Can't you see the leather shine?
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Nessie
Persistent Poster

Post by Nessie » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:13 pm

Any 'ism' taken too far is capable of damaging society.

The Sea is Mine's quote of one person's experience at school reminds me of my experience, that of being made to feel undervalued and not wanted. I still got 8 O Grades, 6 Highers and went to university. Takes all sorts.
Audiophile, motorbiker and sceptic.

rickoshay85
Veteran Poster

Post by rickoshay85 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:01 pm

Nessie wrote:Any 'ism' taken too far is capable of damaging society.

Only to the 5 percent intellectuals, the other 95 percent only care about their families, sports, jobs, appearance, movies, music, health, and all other self-gratifications...

bigtim
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Skeptical Berserker

Post by bigtim » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:39 pm

rickoshay85 wrote:
Nessie wrote:Any 'ism' taken too far is capable of damaging society.

Only to the 5 percent intellectuals, the other 95 percent only care about their families, sports, jobs, appearance, movies, music, health, and all other self-gratifications...

are you saying that health, family, jobs are all self-gratfications?
~
BigTim
"I'm not entirely convinced that ValHalla isn't real."

The Sea is Mine
BANNED

Post by The Sea is Mine » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:05 pm

mcdonald's attack = exercise in male self defense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0knpxQD ... ideo_title
Men's rights worldwide!

Blacksamwell
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: Buckfutter

Post by Blacksamwell » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:34 pm

The Sea is Mine wrote:mcdonald's attack = exercise in male self defense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0knpxQD ... ideo_title

Do you really consider this self defense?

You can't walk away from an altercation, retrieve a weapon, then return to the altercation and call it self defense. That's merely an escalation of violence. Both the initial and retaliatory acts are assaults and are liable to criminal prosecution. Since the man utilized a deadly weapon for his part of the altercation he'll face more serious charges and likely more serious penalties.

So tell us where in this account do you perceive feminist actions? Assaults occur every day. Are they all the result of feminist thinking?
Last edited by Blacksamwell on Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nessie
Persistent Poster

Post by Nessie » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Masculinism has failed to destroy our society, despite many concerted efforts. I do not see how feminism can be any more or less damaging.

What I would like to see is The Sea is Mine arguing with such passion from the submissive position where the supression and violence is against him.

The Sea is Mine
BANNED

Post by The Sea is Mine » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:48 pm

Nessie wrote:Masculinism has failed to destroy our society, despite many concerted efforts. I do not see how feminism can be any more or less damaging.

What I would like to see is The Sea is Mine arguing with such passion from the submissive position where the supression and violence is against him.

why do you want to see that? what would you get from that? I don't see your point? do I have to be some where in order to have permission to have a certain opinion?

I hold to my beliefs. I am against the direction feminism has gone since the 1960s, I am against murder (abortion). and I am welcome to debating anyone
Men's rights worldwide!

Nessie
Persistent Poster

Post by Nessie » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:07 pm

The point is that what you are advocating against women is hypocracy as you would not like the tables to be turned and to be the one who is beaten or have their rights supressed.

The Sea is Mine
BANNED

Post by The Sea is Mine » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:23 pm

Nessie wrote:The point is that what you are advocating against women is hypocracy as you would not like the tables to be turned and to be the one who is beaten or have their rights supressed.

when oh when did I say they should be beaten or supressed? I said and I always have said that feminism which was a desire for "equal rights" is now "feminazism" which has clearly turned into an attack on men, the family, marriage, and the legal system.thus. it is men, the family and society who are being supressed, by the feminist agenda in the form it is today.
Men's rights worldwide!

Nessie
Persistent Poster

Post by Nessie » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:53 pm

The Sea is Mine wrote:There is good news out of Kansas today though. One area is no longer arresting people for domestic violence in order to "save money." People realized that these women will call the cops even if a man touches there arm by accident or sneezes and the snot gets on the floor. If you look at the article picture at the APWs who are worried, they had better be. People are starting to realize the feminist agenda is wasting a lot of police time when they should be patrolling the streets.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... story.html

Just look at how silly some of these domestic violence measures are. the article mentions some, including
Topeka can’t handle the $74-a-day cost per inmate of renting space from the county to jail several hundred suspected abusers or hiring additional staff to handle prosecutions.

translation: stop wasting our time with your wimpy complaints, most of which are exagerrations.

APWs have been swamping law enforcement agencies across the country with their created problems. Hopefully, other cities will follow the lead of Topeka Kansas

You are dimissive of violence against women in a way I doubt you woul dismiss violence against you.

Blacksamwell
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: Buckfutter

Post by Blacksamwell » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:08 pm

The Sea is Mine wrote:
Nessie wrote:The point is that what you are advocating against women is hypocracy as you would not like the tables to be turned and to be the one who is beaten or have their rights supressed.

when oh when did I say they should be beaten or supressed? I said and I always have said that feminism which was a desire for "equal rights" is now "feminazism" which has clearly turned into an attack on men, the family, marriage, and the legal system.thus. it is men, the family and society who are being supressed, by the feminist agenda in the form it is today.

How are these not straw men arguments?

Exactly what attacks on men are you referring to? What attacks on family, marriage, or the legal system?

Can you cite an act of suppression by feminists?

RubyHypatia
Frequent Poster

Post by RubyHypatia » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:56 pm

Our society is alive and well, and doing just fine. We have our problems, but then so did all the societies that came before us. Actually, I'd say we have it better than most of the human societies that have existed. More freedom, longer lives, and an overall better quality of life. I'd rather live my average life now than to have been royalty in ancient times. So no, Feminism is not destroying society. It's just that some whiny men want to blame their problems on it instead of taking a good look at themselves.

The Sea is Mine
BANNED

Post by The Sea is Mine » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:49 am

Nessie wrote:
The Sea is Mine wrote:There is good news out of Kansas today though. One area is no longer arresting people for domestic violence in order to "save money." People realized that these women will call the cops even if a man touches there arm by accident or sneezes and the snot gets on the floor. If you look at the article picture at the APWs who are worried, they had better be. People are starting to realize the feminist agenda is wasting a lot of police time when they should be patrolling the streets.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... story.html

Just look at how silly some of these domestic violence measures are. the article mentions some, including
Topeka can’t handle the $74-a-day cost per inmate of renting space from the county to jail several hundred suspected abusers or hiring additional staff to handle prosecutions.

translation: stop wasting our time with your wimpy complaints, most of which are exagerrations.

APWs have been swamping law enforcement agencies across the country with their created problems. Hopefully, other cities will follow the lead of Topeka Kansas

You are dimissive of violence against women in a way I doubt you woul dismiss violence against you.

wrong. I was saying most of these "domestic violence" calls are exagerrated and many don't even happen. in general I believe the police should not get involved in private family matters such as this.
Men's rights worldwide!

RubyHypatia
Frequent Poster

Post by RubyHypatia » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:59 am

Sea, how would you know that most domestic violence calls are exaggerated, and that most reports of rape are false? It sounds like these are things you just want to believe.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:49 am

The Sea is Mine wrote:wrong. I was saying most of these "domestic violence" calls are exagerrated and many don't even happen. in general I believe the police should not get involved in private family matters such as this.

By your logic, all police, fire & ambulance services should just close up shop and go home because occasionally they get a crank call or false alarm.

When someone is beating the living {!#%@} out of /stabbing / shooting someone else, family member or not, it stops being a "family" matter and becomes a criminal matter.

bigtim
Perpetual Poster

Post by bigtim » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:52 am

The Sea is Mine wrote:wrong. I was saying most of these "domestic violence" calls are exagerrated and many don't even happen. in general I believe the police should not get involved in private family matters such as this.

Data proves you wrong. Dead out wrong. And, honestly, the only people that I know of that say "these are private family matters" are the dirtbags that beat and sexually abuse their wives and kids.
~
BigTim

Nessie
Persistent Poster

Post by Nessie » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:00 pm

I would have hoped by now The Sea is Mine would have been able to find the evidence to back up his claims. This is a sceptics forum after all.

bigtim
Perpetual Poster

Post by bigtim » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:13 pm

Nessie wrote:I would have hoped by now The Sea is Mine would have been able to find the evidence to back up his claims. This is a sceptics forum after all.

He can't because it doesn't exist. Data proves him wrong. But, like a denier, he refuses to accept that data. He's all but said they're all lies.
~
BigTim

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:58 am

There is a lot of data. A lot of data he could use in his favour to exacerbate his point. But he chooses to whinge.

He does have a point, tho'. There is a disparity in societal views, reflected in Family Law, that leans heavily in the favour of females.

I got leant on for 65% of my {!#%@}. Just because she decided she didn't like me anymore. Because I decided I wasn't her punching bag anymore.

My lawyer said that was a WIN!

Heh. A win by degrees. The standard is 70%.

Psycho still got my kids. By default. She has the Golden Uterus.

Before that we had marriage counselling. She cried. The counsellor declared me an abusive alcoholic male. Because I enjoy a few drinks of an evening, and have had to defend my person on occasion. And all the males she deals with are abusive alcoholics. QED.

I get where Sea is coming from. Perhaps he just needs to improve his communication skills.

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Post by Chachacha » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:35 am

Unless you are talking about the dark ages of past centuries when women had to put up with abuse, infidelity, etc., or walk away and lose, everything, including her children to the man who owned her and them; the feminist movement for equality for females has had a positive effect on males in custody and alimony cases. It isn't equal yet, but without the feminist movement, it would still be zero, which is what it was unless the father was very, very rich.

In addition, prior to the advances in equality for females, alimony was ordered to be paid until the ex-wife remarried, now it is severely limited in most cases.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:46 am

Exactly. But the sins of the father BS is getting tired.

I didn't oppress women. I didn't slaughter the natives.

I've treated everyone I've met (and {!#%@}) with respect.

I'm tired of carrying the world on my shoulders. I want to be a man of leisure, taking the kids to the pub and drinking beers with my mates all day while the missus is down the mines.

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Post by Chachacha » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:18 am

[quote="Major Malfunction"]Exactly. But the sins of the father BS is getting tired.

I didn't oppress women. I didn't slaughter the natives.

I've treated everyone I've met (and {!#%@}) with respect.

I'm tired of carrying the world on my shoulders. I want to be a man of leisure, taking the kids to the pub and drinking beers with my mates all day while the missus is down the mines.[/quote :) ]

:lol:

And who doesn't want that? :)

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:33 am

Right. Once upon a time, in the good old days, everyone just did what they had to do to {!#%@} survive!

No arguing about it.

Ah... égalité.

RubyHypatia
Frequent Poster

Post by RubyHypatia » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:48 am

In divorce situations, sometimes it's the ex-husband who gets the short end of the stick. Sometimes it's the ex-wife. It's really up to the judge.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:10 am

Sometimes, 50% of times, marriages divorce. Sometimes, 70% of times, proceedings are initiated by women. Sometimes, 70% of times, women get 70%. Of the remaining marriages, what percentage are actually happy?

My ex gets more money than I do and she doesn't work!

OK. Now I'm whinging. But she kidnapped my kids. And ransomed them. And the law allows it. Nay, encourages it.

If I made off with my kids, I'd be hotter than Julian Assange.

Shoot on sight.