History Repeats in Afghanistan

Where have we been?
Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

History Repeats in Afghanistan

Post by Tom Palven » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:27 am

Eric Margolis is an extremely knowledgeable and honest journalist, and this article on Afghanistan is probably accurate in all respects as far as it goes:
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/08/eri ... f-empires/

However, Margolis says that "Lessons so painfully learned (in Vietnam) have been completely forgotten."

Is that simply the case? What Margolis fails to ask is the age-old question, cui bono?- Who benefits?

The war in Afghainstan continues to be a great success as a cash cow for the MIC/Intelligence Community, just as the continuing "war on drugs" is a great boon for drug warriors and the prison industry.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5012
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Dwayne de Schwamp
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: History Repeats in Afghanistan

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:13 pm

Tom Palven wrote:Eric Margolis is an extremely knowledgeable and honest journalist, and this article on Afghanistan is probably accurate in all respects as far as it goes:
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/08/eri ... f-empires/

However, Margolis says that "Lessons so painfully learned (in Vietnam) have been completely forgotten."

Is that simply the case? What Margolis fails to ask is the age-old question, cui bono?- Who benefits?

The war in Afghainstan continues to be a great success as a cash cow for the MIC/Intelligence Community, just as the continuing "war on drugs" is a great boon for drug warriors and the prison industry.
Very good points! SOME lessons are learned, especially where money is involved. But others are not. The British have learned nothing from getting a bloody nose in Afghanistan in the 1880s, and are once again sending more "advisers" there to train draftees of the Afghan government to fight the Taliban, people who are no more willing to do that than the South Vietnamese army was to fight the Viet Cong and the ARVN. And, just as in Viet Nam, these fighters will win victories only when they call in airstrikes by the Americans. On the ground, they won't advance.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26016
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: History Repeats in Afghanistan

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Isn't Trump trying to get his buddy, the "Lying Prince", to reap yuuge rewards with a contract to send mercenaries?
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23108
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: History Repeats in Afghanistan

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:20 pm

When I was at school I saw a photo book, images taken on one soldier in Afghanistan. I was struck by the fact that he was exactly ten years younger than me. The pictures in the book had not made him popular with the government in Russia. The look on some of the faces were very, very familiar. SSDD.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30314
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: History Repeats in Afghanistan

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:49 am

Tom Palven wrote: Is that simply the case? What Margolis fails to ask is the age-old question, cui bono?- Who benefits?
Pakistan's ISI and ISIL who have both previously made money selling Afghani heroin. heroin production increased under the US supported mujahideen, with large numbers of Soviet troops becoming addicted. With the withdrawal of the Soviets, Afghani heroin was commercially sent to the EEC and North America.

It was Pakistan's ISI who both supported the USA and the Taliban simultaneously to promote chaos and heroin production. This is why they maintained Bin Laden in Pakistan. You were too stupid to pick up on that.
:lol:

Tom Palven wrote:...... a cash cow for the MIC.
Again you are a total idiot. The Afghanistan war is a small arms war and there is no such conspiracy as the USA 1961 Military Industrial Complex in Afghanistan if most people are using Kalashnikovs and Russian RPGs. :lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: History Repeats in Afghanistan

Post by Tom Palven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:44 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:...... a cash cow for the MIC.
Again you are a total idiot. The Afghanistan war is a small arms war and there is no such conspiracy as the USA 1961 Military Industrial Complex in Afghanistan if most people are using Kalashnikovs and Russian RPGs. :lol:

Nonsense. The war is especially a boon to US helicopter and drone interests.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as ... 4660a12a4e

Without US air power the homeboy resistance would have sent our US crusaders packing long ago.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26016
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: History Repeats in Afghanistan

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:51 am

Did somebody say Pakistan?
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: History Repeats in Afghanistan

Post by Tom Palven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:56 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Did somebody say Pakistan?

I get a message from the link saying that "the uploader has not made this video available in your country."

What is the gist of it?
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26016
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: History Repeats in Afghanistan

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:02 am

:( It's a video by Trevor Noah. Except a newer one on how their new PM is like "Meet The Pakistani Donald Trump".
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: History Repeats in Afghanistan

Post by Tom Palven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:15 am

scrmbldggs wrote::( It's a video by Trevor Noah. Except a newer one on how their new PM is like "Meet The Pakistani Donald Trump".
Trevor Noah was spot-on.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34378
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: My nightmare
Location: Transcona

Re: History Repeats in Afghanistan

Post by Gord » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:18 am

Tom Palven wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Did somebody say Pakistan?
I get a message from the link saying that "the uploader has not made this video available in your country."

What is the gist of it?
That's weird. Can you see it through this post?

https://www.scmp.com/sport/other-sport/ ... daily-show

I mean, if you could view it in 'Gina, you'd think you could view it anywhere.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: History Repeats in Afghanistan

Post by Tom Palven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:30 am

Gord wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Did somebody say Pakistan?
I get a message from the link saying that "the uploader has not made this video available in your country."

What is the gist of it?
That's weird. Can you see it through this post?

https://www.scmp.com/sport/other-sport/ ... daily-show

I mean, if you could view it in 'Gina, you'd think you could view it anywhere.

No. I get the same message there.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30314
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:28 am

Tom Palven wrote: Nonsense. The war is especially a boon to US helicopter and drone interests.
So you are claiming a 1961 USA conspiracy where the Afghan war, only exists today because the Afghanistan Army uses Russian MI-17 and Mi 25 helicopters?

Are you that incredibly stupid?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom Palven wrote:Without US air power the homeboy resistance would have sent our US crusaders packing long ago.
You absolute idiot. The Afghanistan army that fights Taliban uses Russian equipment.

Why do you lie so much? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Tom Palven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:03 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote: Nonsense. The war is especially a boon to US helicopter and drone interests.
So you are claiming a 1961 USA conspiracy where the Afghan war, only exists today because the Afghanistan Army uses Russian MI-17 and Mi 25 helicopters?

Are you that incredibly stupid?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom Palven wrote:Without US air power the homeboy resistance would have sent our US crusaders packing long ago.
You absolute idiot. The Afghanistan army that fights Taliban uses Russian equipment.

Why do you lie so much? :lol: :lol: :lol:

How do you account for this, Matthew?

"Since President Trump announced his Afghanistan strategy and committed more troops to the conflict last August, the number of bombs dropped by the US Air Force has surged dramatically."


It says "US Air Force." Is BBC News incorrect?
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30314
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:42 am

Sooooo.....Tom Palven claims the Afghan wars are due to the 1961 speech by Eisenhower about excess manufacture by USA commercial arms manufacturing companies. Skeptics then inform Tom that the Afghanistan army uses Russian helicopters, tanks, small arms and equipment. Tom was humiliated.

So Tom, a pro-Trump, park ranger, who can't spell basic words, who copies Sean Hannity, comes back with.....

Tom Palven wrote:"Since President Trump announced his Afghanistan strategy and committed more troops to the conflict last August, the number of bombs dropped by the US Air Force has surged dramatically."
So The USA that does not carpet bomb Afghanistan, now continues to not bomb Afghanistan? Is your point that the USA uses 8 drones instead of 6?

Why the {!#%@} do you keep supporting Trump is you hate what he does? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Tom Palven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:27 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:"Since President Trump announced his Afghanistan strategy and committed more troops to the conflict last August, the number of bombs dropped by the US Air Force has surged dramatically."


So The USA that does not carpet bomb Afghanistan, now continues to not bomb Afghanistan? Is your point that the USA uses 8 drones instead of 6?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Huh?

Is obfuscaation your modus operandi, Matt, or is it just that logic and communication are not your strong suits?

Trump has changed his original position and is now in lockstep with your neoconservative/Deep State/MIC agenda regarding Afghanistan.

You should be tickled pink.

Are you and ASIS, in fact, almost overjoyed?
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30314
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:29 am

Tom Palven wrote:Huh? Is obfuscaation your modus operandi, Matt, or is it just that logic and communication are not your strong suits?
No Tom. I have pointed out your complete idiocy yet again. You are claiming the Afghan War exists because of the 1961 Military Industrial Complex conspiracy. The conspiracy is that wars exist or are created because evil USA arms manufacturers want to sell more weapons to make more profit. However the Afghan war has used Russian weapons on both sides and still does.

You are so stupid you never thought to check if any USA arms manufacturer was actually providing weapons to either side.

You are simply a total idiot.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Tom Palven » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:04 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:Huh? Is obfuscaation your modus operandi, Matt, or is it just that logic and communication are not your strong suits?
No Tom. I have pointed out your complete idiocy yet again... the Afghan war has used Russian weapons on both sides and still does.
You keep making irrelevant statements that are totally beside the point that it is US money and air power that are keeping the US-installed Vichy government from being overrun by the home boys.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30314
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:54 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: No Tom. I have pointed out your complete idiocy yet again... the Afghan war has used Russian weapons on both sides and still does. Your "1961 military Industrial Complex" conspiracy requires that 1961 USA companies sell USA weapons
Tom Palven wrote: You keep making irrelevant statements that are totally beside the point that it is US money and air power that are keeping the US-installed Vichy government from being overrun by the home boys.
You idiot. The Afghanistan airforce uses Russian MIGs. They are the "homeboys" . The enemy is the Taliban who wish to install a fundamentalist Islamic State in Afghanistan.

You don't actually know where Afghanistan is, do you? You have confused Afghanistan with Syria haven't you?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Afghanistan Airforce
322nd Air Regiment, Bagram Air Base, three fighter squadrons with 40 MiG-21s
321st Air Regiment, Bagram Air Base, three fighter/bomber squadrons with Su-7/Su-22
393rd Air Regiment, Dehdadi Air Base (Balkh), three fighter/bomber squadrons with MiG-17s
355th Air Regiment, Shindand Airbase, 3 bomber squadrons with Il-28s and one fighter/bomber squadron with MiG-17s
232nd Air Regiment, Kabul Airport, three helicopter squadrons with Mi-4, Mi-6, and Mi-8 with one squadron of Mi-8s detached to Shindand
377th Air Regiment, Kabul Airport, four helicopter squadrons with Mi-25s and Mi-17s
? Air Regiment, Kabul Airport, two transport squadrons with An-2, An-26/30, and one VIP transport squadron with one Il-18 and 12 An-14s
two attack helicopter squadrons with Mi-24s at Jallalabad and Kabul
Air Force Academy, Kabul, with Yak-18s and L-39s

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Tom Palven » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:07 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote: No Tom. I have pointed out your complete idiocy yet again... the Afghan war has used Russian weapons on both sides and still does. Your "1961 military Industrial Complex" conspiracy requires that 1961 USA companies sell USA weapons
Tom Palven wrote: You keep making irrelevant statements that are totally beside the point that it is US money and air power that are keeping the US-installed Vichy government from being overrun by the home boys.
You idiot. The Afghanistan airforce uses Russian MIGs.

Why is it, then, that The Guardian article linked below and many others refer to "US air strikes?"

Specifically the chart showing "US Air Strikes in Afghanistan- Source: US Air Force Central Command."
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30314
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:45 am

Tom Palven wrote: Why is it, then, that The Guardian article linked below and many others refer to "US air strikes?"
.....because the USA, Australia, UK, France and other countries use airstrikes to kill Taliban military leaders in low volume, using French, UK and USA missiles. Simultaneously the Afghan airforce uses its Russian airforce equipment to also kill Taliban.

This destroys your hilarious claim that the Afghanistan War against Taliban only exists because of the "1961 Military Industrial Complex" conspiracy, where USA arms manufacturers create wars to sell more USA weapons.

Tell us all Tom, how many "tons" of USA bombs were dropped in Afghanistan in the last decade? Now compare this to how many tons of bombs the USA dropped in Vietnam in the 1960s?

You don't have a clue do you?
:lol: :lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Tom Palven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:53 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote: Why is it, then, that The Guardian article linked below and many others refer to "US air strikes?"
.....because the USA, Australia, UK, France and other countries use airstrikes to kill Taliban military leaders in low volume, using French, UK and USA missiles. Simultaneously the Afghan airforce uses its Russian airforce equipment to also kill Taliban.

This destroys your hilarious claim that the Afghanistan War against Taliban only exists because of the "1961 Military Industrial Complex" conspiracy, where USA arms manufacturers create wars to sell more USA weapons.

Tell us all Tom, how many "tons" of USA bombs were dropped in Afghanistan in the last decade? Now compare this to how many tons of bombs the USA dropped in Vietnam in the 1960s?

You don't have a clue do you?
:lol: :lol:

I'll remember till I'm senile that the US dropped over Seven Million Tons of explosives on Indo-China, but how is that relevant?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_b ... ietnam_War

Another Guardian article linked below describes the nonstop bombing perpetrated by the Obama administration in the "perpetual war for perpetual peace:"
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ama-legacy

And the article below explains that Trump has increased this to "unprecedented levels."
https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/08/09/do ... ed-levels/

One might think that this would make neoconservative warmongers such as yourself happy enough, but no, you insist that you also want to bomb North Korea and Iran as soon as possible.

Isn't that so, Matthew?
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30314
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:32 am

Tom Palven wrote:I'll remember till I'm senile that the US dropped over Seven Million Tons of explosives on Indo-China, but how is that relevant?
Because NATO and USA targeted missiles in Afghanistan hasn't reached 100 tons yet. There is no carpet bombing in Afghanistan. Your claim that the Afghanistan War is a conspiracy by the "1961 Military Industrial Complex" is just insane crap.



Why do you tell so many lies Tom? You linked this article claiming Obama dropped all these bombs in Afghanistan...
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ama-legacy
"While most of these air attacks were in Syria and Iraq, US bombs also rained down on people in Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan. That’s seven majority-Muslim countries."

You don't know the difference between Afghanistan or Syria or any other non -USA country do you? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why did you lie and pretend the article was only about Afghanistan?

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Tom Palven » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:16 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:I'll remember till I'm senile that the US dropped over Seven Million Tons of explosives on Indo-China, but how is that relevant?
Because NATO and USA targeted missiles in Afghanistan hasn't reached 100 tons yet. There is no carpet bombing in Afghanistan. Your claim that the Afghanistan War is a conspiracy by the "1961 Military Industrial Complex" is just insane crap.



Why do you tell so many lies Tom? You linked this article claiming Obama dropped all these bombs in Afghanistan...

"While most of these air attacks were in Syria and Iraq, US bombs also rained down on people in Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan. That’s seven majority-Muslim countries."
Isn't that seven countries too many to bomb and invade?

Bombs away Matthew, heroic neoconservative warrior.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30314
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:20 am

Tom Palven wrote:Isn't that seven countries too many to bomb and invade?

No Tom, you total dimwit.

You got caught lying again and pretending an article on the USA bombing across the entire middle east was only for Afghanistan.

It is quite clear that you haven't got a clue where Afghanistan or Syria or Iraq or any of these countries are, or what is going on in those countries.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Matthew Has it Wrong

Post by Tom Palven » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:34 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote: No Tom. I have pointed out your complete idiocy yet again... the Afghan war has used Russian weapons on both sides and still does.
Tom Palven wrote: You keep making irrelevant statements that are totally beside the point that it is US money and air power that are keeping the US-installed Vichy government from being overrun by the home boys.
You idiot. The Afghanistan airforce uses Russian MIGs.

No, Matt, it is apparently the US AIR FORCE that keeps the Vichy occupation government in power, not Russian Migs, and the article below doesn't even include US drone strikes:

https://news.antiwar.com/2018/08/28/us- ... is-decade/
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30314
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:43 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: No Tom. I have pointed out your complete idiocy yet again... the Afghan war has used Russian weapons on both sides and still does.
Tom Palven wrote:No, Matt, it is apparently the US AIR FORCE that keeps the Vichy occupation government in power, not Russian Migs, and the article below doesn't even include US drone strikes:
1) The Vichy government was in France in WWII you complete idiot.

2) The government in Afghanistan is the Afghanistan government.

3) The Afghan government is fighting Taliban a terrorist group sponsored by Pakistan.

4) The UK, French and USA is targeting ISIL terrorists in one province and Taliban support for ISIL.

5) You are a retarded park ranger who doesn't know where Afghanistan is.

Yogi bear 5.jpg
Why are you pretending to support Taliban over the Afghanistan government? Taliban gave sanctuary to Osama bin Laden after 9/11 you complete idiot.
Yogi bear 6.jpg

Taliban treatment of women
"While in power in Afghanistan, the Taliban became notorious internationally for their sexism, misogyny, and violence against women......"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban_t ... t_of_women

Taliban and Osama Bin Laden
Bin Laden believed that Afghanistan, under the rule of Mullah Omar's Taliban, was "the only Islamic country" in the Muslim world. Bin Laden was heavily anti-Semitic, stating that most of the negative events that occurred in the world were the direct result of Jewish actions
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osama_bin_Laden

Taliban and Female employment
Taliban disagreed with past Afghan statutes that allowed the employment of women in a mixed sex workplace. They claimed this was a breach of purdah and sharia law. On September 30, 1996, the Taliban decreed that all women should be banned from employment.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban_t ... t_of_women

Gee Tom......I know you are a conservative Trump fan, but your support for Taliban is a bit much, even for you... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Osama_bin_Laden.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Just Ask Matthew

Post by Tom Palven » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:28 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote: No Tom. I have pointed out your complete idiocy yet again... the Afghan war has used Russian weapons on both sides and still does.
Tom Palven wrote:No, Matt, it is apparently the US AIR FORCE that keeps the Vichy occupation government in power, not Russian Migs, and the article below doesn't even include US drone strikes:
1) The Vichy government was in France in WWII you complete idiot.

2) The government in Afghanistan is the Afghanistan government.

3) The Afghan government is fighting Taliban a terrorist group sponsored by Pakistan.

4) The UK, French and USA is targeting ISIL terrorists in one province and Taliban support for ISIL.

5) You are a retarded park ranger who doesn't know where Afghanistan is.


Taliban treatment of women
"While in power in Afghanistan, the Taliban became notorious internationally for their sexism, misogyny, and violence against women......"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban_t ... t_of_women

Taliban and Female employment
Taliban disagreed with past Afghan statutes that allowed the employment of women in a mixed sex workplace. They claimed this was a breach of purdah and sharia law. On September 30, 1996, the Taliban decreed that all women should be banned from employment.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban_t ... t_of_women

Gee Tom......I know you are a conservative Trump fan, but your support for Taliban is a bit much, even for you...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why does it seem like a double standard, Matthew, that the US supported the Taliban with money and weapons including Stinger missiles when the Taliban was fighting against the Russian occupational government, but now opposes the Taliban?

And why does it seem hypocritical that US regimes under Bush, Obama, and now Trump, claim to oppose misogyny, but aid and abet the elite Wahabbi royalty in Saudi Arabia who run the most brutal and misogynous govenment in the world, pray tell us?
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabia

Am I to believe that the Deep State works in strange and mysterious ways, its wonders to perform, as it bankrupts the US?
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30314
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:49 am

Tom Palven wrote: Why does it seem like a double standard, Matthew, that the US supported the Taliban with money and weapons including Stinger missiles when the Taliban was fighting against the Russian occupational government, but now opposes the Taliban?
1) You have now confused the modern Taliban ( Student movement) with the Soviet period Mujahideen (those who jihad). :lol:

2) In your last post you were so confused you thought the Vichy French government from 1940 somehow ended up controlling Afghanistan today. :lol:

3) You then got even more confused which country was Afghanistan and offered support to Taliban as the "homeboys" against the actual Afghanistan government who are the real homeboys fighting Taliban terrorists. :lol:

4) You then confirmed your ignorance not noticing it was NATO (not the just the USA) who were using drones to kill members of ISIL ( Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant) who still control a small portion of Afghanistan after fleeing from Iraq. :lol:

You did not get one fact right.
Yogi bear 7.jpg
Tom Palven wrote: Am I to believe that the Deep State works .......
There is no such thing as the Deep State. The anti-Trump "Deep State" is an invention of Sean Hannity on Fox Network, which you keep copying and pasting on our forum. You can't even write down what you think the magical Deep State is or post any evidence it even exists.
hannity deep state 6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5516
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Tarrytown, NY, USA

Re: Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Monster » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:38 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote: There is no such thing as the Deep State. The anti-Trump "Deep State" is an invention of Sean Hannity on Fox Network, which you keep copying and pasting on our forum. You can't even write down what you think the magical Deep State is or post any evidence it even exists. hannity deep state 6.jpg
Trump himself has also used the phrase "Deep State". Goofiness. :)
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30314
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:15 am

Trump, Sean Hannity and Tom Palven prefer the fuzzy bogeyman under the bed expression "Deep State". Primarily because the expression is fuzzy and thus can be redirected at whoever their perceived enemies are.

If Tom Palven, Trump or Hannity made any attempt to actually define "Deep State" they would have to concede that there are already criminal legislated acts that cover crimes like bribery, anti-trust, corruption, false & misleading conduct, obstruction and so on. You can already read historical court prosecutions against Lockheed, congressmen taking bribes, and so on.

Secondly, the Wikipedia definition of "Deep State" say it is the activities of government employees. However Tom Palven has accused James Clapper and John Brennan of being "Deep State" leaders.....yet neither is employed currently by government.

Thirdly, Trump, Tom Palven and Hannity ignore that government has checks and balances. A supposed "Deep State" colonel can't organise a missile strike on Syria without a couple hundred other government employees asking why. The conspiracy is predicated on everyone in government already being a member of the "Deep State" conspiracy.

If anything it is Trump himself, who claims he has the sole power to remove check and balances, like "pardoning himself" that suggest his claims of a "Deep State" are simply a conscious diversion from his own activities.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Matt is Not an Idiot

Post by Tom Palven » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:27 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote: Why does it seem like a double standard, Matthew, that the US supported the Taliban with money and weapons including Stinger missiles when the Taliban was fighting against the Russian occupational government, but now opposes the Taliban?
You have now confused the modern Taliban ( Student movement) with the Soviet period Mujahideen (those who jihad). :lol:

Okay, now I understand, I think.

According to your ASIS sources, the "modern Taliban" is pretty much the equivalent of the US Girl Scouts. Got it.

But wait. Why does the US oppose Afghan Girl Scouts?

Now I'm really confused.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30314
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot 2

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:37 am

Tom Palven wrote: the US supported the Taliban with money and weapons when the Taliban was fighting against the Russian occupational government
Matthew Ellard wrote: You have now confused the modern Taliban ( Student movement) with the Soviet period Mujahideen (those who jihad). :lol:
Tom Palven wrote: Okay, now I understand, I think.
If the Taliban student movement didn't exist until 1994, then how did the USA supply them weapons, as you claimed between 1979 to 1989, to fight the Soviets?
Tom Palven wrote: Now I'm really confused.
That's because you are an idiot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30314
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:59 am

Tom Palven wrote:...... the US AIR FORCE that keeps the Vichy occupation government in power, not Russian Migs,
The Vichy French government was in France during the second world war. It is not an occupation government in Afghanistan today.

France is a country in Europe and not in the Middle East.. Afghanistan is not in Europe.
Yogi bear 6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Matt Seeks Wisdom and Truth

Post by Tom Palven » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:58 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:If the Taliban student movement didn't exist until 1994, then how did the USA supply them weapons, as you claimed between 1979 to 1989, to fight the Soviets?
It's interesting to find out that I claimed that the US supported students with weapons, Matt. I live and learn.

Can you tell me more about this new Taliban student movement, and whether the US, ASIS, and/or you support it?
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30314
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot 3

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:36 am

Tom Palven wrote:It's interesting to find out that I claimed that the US supported students with weapons, Matt. I live and learn.
As you are mentally retarded, you are unaware that the Taliban are "religious students from madrassas" and not, as you thought, "school students". That's why they are religious fanatics, :lol: :lol:

As you are a complete idiot, you claimed the USA supplied Taliban with weapons to fight the Soviets, ten years before the Taliban movement even formed.

As you are totally ignorant, you are unaware that the USA supported the mujaheddin against the Soviets. You even claimed the French Vichy government controlled Afghanistan.

You do not actually know where Afghanistan is do you?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yogi bear 7.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Matt Seeks Wisdom and Truth

Post by Tom Palven » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:07 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:It's interesting to find out that I claimed that the US supported students with weapons, Matt. I live and learn.
As you are mentally retarded...

Please answer me, Matt.

Just this one question:

Is there any point at all on which you disagree with John "War is the answer, what was the question" Bolton?
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30314
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Tom Palven is an idiot 3

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:45 am

Tom Palven wrote:Is there any point at all on which you disagree with John "War is the answer, what was the question" Bolton?
1) John Bolton is an American. I am an Australian (Australia is not part of the USA, Tom)
2) John Bolton is a right winger like yourself. I am a socialist and a member of the Labor Party
3) John Bolton hates the UN, while Australians like myself support the UN. (That's the United Nations Tom)
4) You are a total idiot.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yogi bear 7.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5516
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Tarrytown, NY, USA

Re: History Repeats in Afghanistan

Post by Monster » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:58 am

Perhaps I'm contributing nothing to this internet argument, but I just wanted to spew into this thread one instance of Trump using the phrase "Deep State". This is a tweet of his from Sep 6.


deepstate.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23108
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: History Repeats in Afghanistan

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:12 pm

Monster wrote:Perhaps I'm contributing nothing to this internet argument, but I just wanted to spew into this thread one instance of Trump using the phrase "Deep State". This is a tweet of his from Sep 6.



deepstate.jpg
The entire GOP must be wondering if they'll be under the gun next.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.