Swaztika is of special significance on 2 continents

Where have we been?

mufasa1023
Poster

Post by mufasa1023 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:51 pm

Forgive me i'm failing to see a point? I thought it was common knowledge that some American Indian tribes used the swastika as a symbol of the sun? And the 'other' use of the Swastika is fairly common knowledge.

Is there a point for this post?
Talking to some people is like herding cats.

Kilik
BANNED

Post by Kilik » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:33 pm

I would say that there being a connection and relation between the 2 peoples is not just internet rumor

Like u've prolly heard about the Hopi and Tibetan languages being very similar, and other things that are interesting like how Tibet and the Hopi land are on direct opposites of the globe, if u drew a straight line right through earth starting at the Hopi land u'd come out in Tibet.

But now we have people who have studied the hopi teachings in depth for many years, and Falun Dafa practitioners confirming that the traditions are related, say some of the same things, are based on the same principles, and are both true

Ratbag
Poster

Post by Ratbag » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:17 am

Kilik wrote:, and other things that are interesting like how Tibet and the Hopi land are on direct opposites of the globe, if u drew a straight line right through earth starting at the Hopi land u'd come out in Tibet.

true to an extent... ie, if you drew a straight line between London and Nashville it would go "right through the earth"
they are not direct opposites. if you're talking about the centre of the earth (however you define that) or some sort of central meridian, that' just like a lot of the other stuff that you write....... nonsense
Rat

Kilik
BANNED

Post by Kilik » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:38 am

it's not nonsense

Andy68
Poster

Post by Andy68 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:55 pm

Kilik wrote:Like u've prolly heard about the Hopi and Tibetan languages being very similar, and other things that are interesting like how Tibet and the Hopi land are on direct opposites of the globe, if u drew a straight line right through earth starting at the Hopi land u'd come out in Tibet.

I'm fairly certain I've never "prolly" heard anything. But more to the point...are you suggesting that people drilled through the middle of the earth thousands of years ago in order to spread their society? Do you ever actually make a point, or do you just collect links and post them?

Kilik
BANNED

Post by Kilik » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:28 pm

The interpreter mentioned in the articles I linked, and in the pragraph below, is indeed the real translator for the Hopi elders, is authentic, and knows the real Hopi teachings.

Therefore, real spiritual teachers that have indeed met with him and the Hopi elders for real, u can believe and trust what they say

So while many people have wondered if all these internet rumors about the Hopi and TIbetans are acutally true, we can now verify that they are true and not just rumors

From a site talking about it
In the incongruous atmosphere of the Wilshire Hotel in Los Angeles,
an extraordinary encounter took place in 1979. During the Dalai
Lama's first visit to North America, he met with three Hopi elders.
The spiritual leaders agreed to speak in only in their Native
tongues. Through Hopi elder and interpreter Thomas Benyakya,
delegation head Grandfather David's first words to the Dalai Lama
were: "Welcome home."

The Dalai Lama laughed, noting the striking resemblance of the
turquoise around Grandfather David's neck to that of his homeland. He
replied: "And where did you get your turquoise?"

Since that initial meeting, the Dalai Lama has visited Santa Fe to
meet with Pueblo leaders, Tibetan Lamas have engaged in numerous
dialogues with Hopis and other Southwestern Indians, and now, through
a special resettlement program to bring Tibetan refugees to the
United States, New Mexico has become a central home for relocated
Tibetan families.

As exchanges become increasingly common between Native Americans and
Tibetans, a sense of kinship and solidarity has developed between the
cultures. While displacement and invasion have forced Tibetans to
reach out to the global community in search of allies, the Hopi and
other Southwestern Native Americans have sought an audience for their
message of world peace and harmony with the earth. In the context of
these encounters are the activities of writers and activists who are
trying to bridge the two cultures. A flurry of books and articles
have been published, arguing that Tibetans and Native Americans may
share a common ancestry.

The perception of similarity between Native Americans of the
Southwest and the Tibetans is undeniably striking. Beyond a common
physicality and turquoise jewelry, parallels include the abundant use
of silver and coral, the colors and patterns of textiles and long
braided hair, sometimes decorated, worn by both men and women.

When William Pacheco, a Pueblo student, visited a Tibetan refugee
camp in India, people often spoke Tibetan to him, assuming that he
was one of them.

"Tibetans and Native American Pueblo people share a fondness for
chile (though Tibetans claim pueblo chile is too mild!)," says
Pacheco, "and a fondness for turquoise, used by both cultures as ways
to ward off evil spirits. Also, the prophecy of Guru Rinpoche, when
he said, 'when Tibetans are scattered throughout the world, and
horses run on iron wheels and when iron birds fly, the dharma will
come to the land of the red man.'"

link
http://fusionanomaly.net/hopi.html

alotta people aren't really sure where these rumors started, but I can tell you they come from someone who knows what he was talking about

Ratbag
Poster

Post by Ratbag » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:16 pm

Kilik wrote:Therefore, real spiritual teachers that have indeed met with him and the Hopi elders for real, u can believe and trust what they say

How many New York bridges do you think you own?
:D

Have you had a chance to look at an Globe/atlas of the world, yet?

Rat

corymaylett
Regular Poster

Post by corymaylett » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:24 pm

Kilik wrote:...things that are interesting like how Tibet and the Hopi land are on direct opposites of the globe, if u drew a straight line right through earth starting at the Hopi land u'd come out in Tibet.

I've previously suggested that you take a few communication and science classes if you expect us to take you seriously. After your statement above, I also suggest adding a world geography course to your class schedule.

Zenskeptic
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: Genie

Post by Zenskeptic » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:25 pm

Do only what is expected of me,
With no emotion, my feelings suppresed.
Blind obedience carries me through it all.
Conscience, a word I learn to forget.

MartinRicher
Regular Poster

Post by MartinRicher » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:09 pm

Ignore 'em, Kilik -don't let mere facts get in the way of your perfect, no-need-to-bother-testing, creative, drunken-squirrels-on-a-carousel philosophies. I for one admire the way you don't waste time thinking about things as they are, but rather, as you wish they were. You go, son.
"Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends! Well I say there are some things we don't want to know! Important things!" - Ned Flanders

Kilik
BANNED

Post by Kilik » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:19 pm

umm, I've proven my sources already, so I don't need to look on a map, that's like the weakest point made out of all the points, but I still bet it's pretty true or close to true

Ron L
Regular Poster

Post by Ron L » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:27 pm

Kilik wrote: I still bet it's pretty true or close to true

Kilik,
That ain't even close enough for H-bombs.
Both the locations are north of the equator; any line starting north of the equator and passing throught he center of the earth will exit south of the equator.
I'd add a course in geometry to the list.
Thanks,
Ron L.

Kilik
BANNED

Post by Kilik » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:08 am

it looks pretty close, if u go by the top half of the earth, which is where most of the world today is

Ron L
Regular Poster

Post by Ron L » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:25 am

Kilik wrote:it looks pretty close, if u go by the top half of the earth, which is where most of the world today is

I'm really hoping you'll come back and edit this.
How in hell can 'most of the world' be in the half above the equator? And where was 'most of the world' in times past? How does that relate to a line through the center of the earth?
You see, the equator divides the world in half. That means that half of .....
Oh, the hell with it....
Thanks,
Ron L.

corymaylett
Regular Poster

Post by corymaylett » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:34 am

Kilik wrote:it looks pretty close, if u go by the top half of the earth, which is where most of the world today is

Kilik, if there were just a few points in your posts that were questionable, they might make good starting points for debate. But since nearly everything you've written here seems to be the result of bassackwards and convoluted logic (if not an outright cognative disability), a reasonable give-and-take discussion just isn't on the table.

Kilik
BANNED

Post by Kilik » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:22 am

In other words I proved Eastern and Hopi traditions are related so there's no debate.

Don't get so stuck on details. I meant the world as in population of people, and earth as in the planet earth

What this is gonna become is like how u deny the Pyramids line up with the sky when Graham HAncock and Buvaul have pretty much proved it beyond a doubt and iyou don't need to know as much as them to see it for yourslef. Also, to assume an real ancient mysery school wouldn't be concerned with astrology is what's really ignorant

So, what I'm explaining to you is that there definitely is something to the relation between the Hopi reservation and Tibet, and they are opposites in some way. This is garunteed from reliable sources even if I don't know every detail geographically. So whatever your problem is,or whatever concern u have, there is an answer to your concern.

In fact, the sources I have sited, u cannot get a higher authority on the reality and truth in the cosmos, u cannot get better proof than the people themselves who know. U think a western academically trained scientist anywhere has a {!#%@} clue about these things? U can't learn that in school. You'd have to live the tradition ur whole life

Zenskeptic
Frequent Poster

Post by Zenskeptic » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:32 am

In other words I proved Eastern and Hopi traditions are related so there's no debate.

Everyone knows that Native Americans migrated to the Americas from Asia during the Ice Age. Of course there are similarities in the religious beliefs of certain Native American tribes and certain Asian belief systems.

corymaylett
Regular Poster

Post by corymaylett » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:03 am

Kilik, all you've proven is your tendency to jump to silly and unsupported conclusions.

Since the ancestors of the Hopis separated from their cousins in Asia, at least 500 generations have have passed where various cultures have mixed, blended, morphed, separated and recombined. And all of this occurred in a series of cultures and societies where no written language existed and where religious traditions and mythical histories were passed down orally from one generation to the next and changed in cumualtive fashion during the process.

And while all this was happening in America, another 500 generations of mixing, blending, separation and myth making have transpired on the other side of the Bering Strait. That's a combined total of nearly 20,000 years and a thousand generations separating these people. The history of any culture without a written language is lost in a sea of myth, legend and fabrication within just a few hundred years, but here were not discussing hundreds of years but many thousands.

Even if the Hopis and Tibetans share some distant common ancestors, the cultural ties between them would have long ago been erased to the point of of being unrecognizable by the sheer scope of 20,000 years worth of changes that occurred to the people involved. And let's not ignore the huge Chinese mega-culture that lies squarely between the Bering Strait and Tibet. Chinese culture would have long ago absorbed and eliminated all traces of smaller tribal cultures migrating across China to or from Tibet and northeastern Asia where the eastern Siberia meets Alaska.

Any cultural and liguistic similarities between Tibetans and Hopis (if they exist at all) are blurred in a sea of 1,000 generations. Any direct correlation between specific words or drawn symbols (like the swastika) is simply the result of coincidence and/or wishful thinking.

And I still don't understand your other-side-of-the world argument and how it does anything but weaken your contention of a relationship between these two very different groups of people.

Kilik
BANNED

Post by Kilik » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:55 am

The key here is that, yes some cultures don't have a written language, but some not only have a written language but all the languages of all times as their knowledge. History could be totally unaware of such things too, as our history comes from other cultures. Now, obviously the most sophisticated cultures would truly influence the rest of the world, in a sort of "behind the scenes way"

So, u know, there are many beings in Tibet with supernormal powers and high level conciousness so they know the higher level truths that ordinary people can't

The historical truth however, is that the Hopi were rescued at the last minute at the final destruction of Atlantis, Lemuria and other lands of the time. They were rescued by Thoth the Atlantean. Their own history depicts them being flown away from a great flood in flying tortoise shells. This is the reason why there are connections between different people. The idea of evolution as it currently is in the modern society, never happened. Oh, I dunno if it's connected but the Yonaguni monument has turtle symbology too.

I don't know exactly, but there could also be some kind of inner earth link between the Grand Canyon and Shargung La, but I don't know that for sure at all. But what I do know for sure is that there are a lot of prehistoric inner earth tunnels and that was a common mode of transportation prior to 10,500 BC. Most army bases are oddly built at all these locations where there are inner earth tunnels, and they are strictly off limits almost always. Not sure exactly, there might be some at Mauii or Mt. Shasta, not sure, I can't totally remember right now. Actually the moon crater of MAuii is a huge explsion from the final battle between Atlantis and Lemuria just prior to the end, the Lemurians were sealed into their own inner earth tunnels , some may still be down there soon to come out.......

Xipe_Totec
Frequent Poster

Post by Xipe_Totec » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:48 pm

Tsk tsk.... I have to berate the illiterate skeptics for denying what is so apparent!

As colegue Kilik said it, various incarnations of swastikas must indicate that they all originate from the same spot.

So, in that lieu, you have the indian (hindu) swastika and native american swastika. But let's not stop here, shall we? You also have Roman swastika, Amiens (France) swastika, norse sunwheel swastika, Polish mountain infantry units swastika, Finnish swastika, ASEA swastika, slav god Svarog's swastika, Raelian swastika, and, let's not forget, NDSAP swastika.

I think I have demonstrated enough evidence to show that Native Americans, Romans, French, norsemen, Poles, Fins, Swiss, Slavs, Raelians and Hitler all came from the same village in the eastern Tibet.

The main question poses...... where the hell did the other people come from? :?:
The Government did it.

Ron L
Regular Poster

Post by Ron L » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:52 pm

Kilik wrote:The key here is that, yes some cultures don't have a written language, but some not only have a written language but all the languages of all times as their knowledge. History could be totally unaware of such things too, as our history comes from other cultures. Now, obviously the most sophisticated cultures would truly influence the rest of the world, in a sort of "behind the scenes way"

So, u know, there are many beings in Tibet with supernormal powers and high level conciousness so they know the higher level truths that ordinary people can't

The historical truth however, is that the Hopi were rescued at the last minute at the final destruction of Atlantis, Lemuria and other lands of the time. They were rescued by Thoth the Atlantean. Their own history depicts them being flown away from a great flood in flying tortoise shells. This is the reason why there are connections between different people. The idea of evolution as it currently is in the modern society, never happened. Oh, I dunno if it's connected but the Yonaguni monument has turtle symbology too.

I don't know exactly, but there could also be some kind of inner earth link between the Grand Canyon and Shargung La, but I don't know that for sure at all. But what I do know for sure is that there are a lot of prehistoric inner earth tunnels and that was a common mode of transportation prior to 10,500 BC. Most army bases are oddly built at all these locations where there are inner earth tunnels, and they are strictly off limits almost always. Not sure exactly, there might be some at Mauii or Mt. Shasta, not sure, I can't totally remember right now. Actually the moon crater of MAuii is a huge explsion from the final battle between Atlantis and Lemuria just prior to the end, the Lemurians were sealed into their own inner earth tunnels , some may still be down there soon to come out.......

Well, shucks. Here I am, wrong again.
Reading comic books *does* lead to brain damage after all.
Thanks,
Ron L.

corymaylett
Regular Poster

Post by corymaylett » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:52 pm

Oooooooookaaay.

I'm pretty much at a loss for words right now, so I won't even speculate on what's gone wrong in this person's mind.

DJ
Regular Poster

Post by DJ » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:58 pm

Thylacine wrote:Oooooooookaaay.

I'm pretty much at a loss for words right now, so I won't even speculate on what's gone wrong in this person's mind.

Drugs + Internet + youth = Kilik

Any questions??

rrichar911
Perpetual Poster

Post by rrichar911 » Sat May 27, 2006 5:19 am

We do of coarse know that the earth is not a perfect sphere, it's more like a pear. The top/northern half being the smallest.

How do you find the center? I would sugest gravitational center, which would fall below the equator in a disection. Thus if one draws a line between two points which both are above the equator, your line misses the "center" considerably.
Last edited by rrichar911 on Sat May 27, 2006 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
What really intrest me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the universe ~ Albert Einstein

rrichar911
Perpetual Poster

Post by rrichar911 » Sat May 27, 2006 5:24 am

Critisizing a persons opinion is an opinion. Pointing out facts is not. Everyone gets to have an opinion, but no one gets to have their own facts.
What really intrest me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the universe ~ Albert Einstein

Zenskeptic
Frequent Poster

Post by Zenskeptic » Sat May 27, 2006 5:44 pm

That's nonsense. My friends say there are witches in the deep woods that can throw hoo-doo on people too. No one can ever produce these witches. Where are these magic monks at? The Dalai Lama doesn't have any super powers. He'll tell you so. Meditation doesn't give you special abilities.

Xipe_Totec
Frequent Poster

Post by Xipe_Totec » Sat May 27, 2006 8:29 pm

rrichar911 wrote:Critisizing a persons opinion is an opinion. Pointing out facts is not. Everyone gets to have an opinion, but no one gets to have their own facts.

Nice one. Can I reproduce it with consent? :)
The Government did it.

Tsukasa Buddha
Regular Poster

Post by Tsukasa Buddha » Sun May 28, 2006 4:43 am

Xipe_Totec wrote:
rrichar911 wrote:Critisizing a persons opinion is an opinion. Pointing out facts is not. Everyone gets to have an opinion, but no one gets to have their own facts.

Will you fix the errors? Though I think it is a paraphrasing of a quote...
"I don't hold back when I fight idiots."
-Tsukasa

rrichar911
Perpetual Poster

Post by rrichar911 » Sun May 28, 2006 4:58 am

Xipe_Totec wrote:

Sure, why not. Actually I heard it on the radio the other day, or something to that effect. If memory serves, it was from Mark Levin, the last sentence, the first two I added.

Point is the center of mass of the earth is below the equator, that is if my memory is right and the big "half" of the earth is in the southern hemisphere. If you draw a line between one point even if it is on the equator to another point 180 around the equator, your not going to hit the center of mass with that line.

Xipe_Totec
Frequent Poster

Post by Xipe_Totec » Mon May 29, 2006 12:57 am

Doctor X wrote:It is not original to him, thus he cannot grant consent.

:yawn:
It was an appreciation comment. Ofcourse I'd use it no matter if it was his or not, no matter if I got consent or not. Jeeeez. :P
The Government did it.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Post by Pyrrho » Mon May 29, 2006 1:04 am

The quote is attributed to the late Daniel Patrick Moynihan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Patrick_Moynihan

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts." U.S. Senator Pat Moynihan, quoted in Robert Sobel's review of 'Past Imperfect: History According to the Movies' edited by Mark C. Carnes.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

rrichar911
Perpetual Poster

Post by rrichar911 » Mon May 29, 2006 1:06 am

So if the first two sentences are not origional, who said them first?

If someone did, all I can say is great minds think alike. :P

Who said this first?

I like to be proven wrong, for then I have learned something new.

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts." U.S. Senator Pat Moynihan, quoted in Robert Sobel's review of 'Past Imperfect: History According to the Movies' edited by Mark C. Carnes.

He no doubt was lecturing his fellow Democrats. :wink: