My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

What does make the world turn?
User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34374
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: My nightmare
Location: Transcona

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by Gord » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:48 am

Elon Musk is an engineer?? :befuddled: When the hell did that happen?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 17100
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:01 am

Gord wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:48 am
Elon Musk is an engineer?? :befuddled: When the hell did that happen?
He taught himself...............thats how smart he is.

I have to add that interesting newsnote the other day ..........quick google: the ION powered aircraft. So cool, makes me want to be an engineer.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/11/21/mit ... aft-flies/

Fascinating issues concerning building that long metal tube. As so often happens with "idea men" the concept is easy to say/describe/hype. Its only the actual doing of it that is hard. Reality is like that.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34374
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: My nightmare
Location: Transcona

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by Gord » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:57 am

Ohhh, he's that kind of "engineer".

Like how Trump is a ... well, an anything, really.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 12249
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:21 pm

Elon Musk is an engineer because he works as one. His degrees are in physics and economics, and he made his initial fortune as a computer programmer and businessman. He is something of a polymath.

User avatar
landrew
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9612
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by landrew » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:23 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:21 pm
Elon Musk is an engineer because he works as one. His degrees are in physics and economics, and he made his initial fortune as a computer programmer and businessman. He is something of a polymath.
He works as one? Is that what you call emailing your engineers with an idea and then saying "make it happen?"
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 12249
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:40 pm

Landrew

I have a degree in biology. But my adult life mostly involved working as an industrial chemist. So I was an industrial chemist, not a biologist. Musk works as an engineer, so he is one. Pretty simple, really.

I also had a few years when I worked as a professional scuba instructor. During that time, I was a scuba instructor, not a biologist. You are what you do. Not what a piece of paper from a university says.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34374
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: My nightmare
Location: Transcona

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by Gord » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:41 pm

landrew wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:23 pm
Lance Kennedy wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:21 pm
Elon Musk is an engineer because he works as one. His degrees are in physics and economics, and he made his initial fortune as a computer programmer and businessman. He is something of a polymath.
He works as one? Is that what you call emailing your engineers with an idea and then saying "make it happen?"
I work as an engineer too, I just don't get paid for it. I'm also a medical doctor, a psychiatrist, and an architect. And when I watch tv, I'm a football player and a private detective!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by Austin Harper » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:39 pm

I don't think he needs to apologize because I agree that Musk was doing it as a publicity stunt.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
landrew
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9612
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by landrew » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:04 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:40 pm
Landrew

I have a degree in biology. But my adult life mostly involved working as an industrial chemist. So I was an industrial chemist, not a biologist. Musk works as an engineer, so he is one. Pretty simple, really.

I also had a few years when I worked as a professional scuba instructor. During that time, I was a scuba instructor, not a biologist. You are what you do. Not what a piece of paper from a university says.
Of course. You can call yourself anything you like, and no one can quibble.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 12249
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:58 pm

Austin Harper wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:39 pm
I don't think he needs to apologize because I agree that Musk was doing it as a publicity stunt.
Austin

With all due respect, what you think in this case is irrelevant. The arsehole verbally attacked Musk, based on an ill informed opinion, and then got his knickers in a twist because Musk insulted him back. Both were at fault, and both should apologize. Musk has apologised, which makes him the better man.

User avatar
landrew
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9612
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by landrew » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:07 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:58 pm
Austin Harper wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:39 pm
I don't think he needs to apologize because I agree that Musk was doing it as a publicity stunt.
Austin

With all due respect, what you think in this case is irrelevant. The arsehole verbally attacked Musk, based on an ill informed opinion, and then got his knickers in a twist because Musk insulted him back. Both were at fault, and both should apologize. Musk has apologised, which makes him the better man.
I admire Musk as a visionary and a thinker, but in that episode he showed no class.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 12249
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:53 am

landrew wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:07 pm

I admire Musk as a visionary and a thinker, but in that episode he showed no class.
True, but his apology was class.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 17100
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:50 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:21 pm
Elon Musk is an engineer because he works as one. His degrees are in physics and economics, and he made his initial fortune as a computer programmer and businessman. He is something of a polymath.
Thats misconstrusion on purpose ...right? We are not what we do. We do what we do. What we are: is hoomans. Full of potentials and lots of frustrations.

Just hoomans. all more alike than different regardless of how we spend our days. Only someone seeking to take advantage of you will say anything different.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
TJrandom
Has No Life
Posts: 11206
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by TJrandom » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:58 am

landrew wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:04 pm
Lance Kennedy wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:40 pm
Landrew

I have a degree in biology. But my adult life mostly involved working as an industrial chemist. So I was an industrial chemist, not a biologist. Musk works as an engineer, so he is one. Pretty simple, really.

I also had a few years when I worked as a professional scuba instructor. During that time, I was a scuba instructor, not a biologist. You are what you do. Not what a piece of paper from a university says.
Of course. You can call yourself anything you like, and no one can quibble.
Oh no you don’t- I have a god given right to quibble and I do it quite frequently thank you very much. 😦

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 12249
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:57 am

And, TJ, you do it so well.

User avatar
Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by Austin Harper » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:01 pm

Opinions are relevant in this case. Saying that Musk only got involved for good publicity is a reasonable position; accusing a man of being a sex criminal because he voiced that opinion is not reasonable.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
landrew
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9612
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by landrew » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:47 pm

Austin Harper wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:01 pm
Opinions are relevant in this case. Saying that Musk only got involved for good publicity is a reasonable position; accusing a man of being a sex criminal because he voiced that opinion is not reasonable.
I'll give you credit for an impartial, non-tribal comment. It shouldn't matter if Musk is your hero or not, when he screws up he should be accountable for it. I admire Musk, but I don't think anyone should cover for him when he clearly made a mistake. I consider it a favor to call him out on it.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 12249
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by Lance Kennedy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:43 am

All of which has already happened, landrew. He has been called out. He has admitted fault. He has apologised. What more do you want ?

The fault remaining lies with the arsehole who began this. He has not admitted fault or apologised.

User avatar
landrew
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9612
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by landrew » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:23 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:43 am
All of which has already happened, landrew. He has been called out. He has admitted fault. He has apologised. What more do you want ?

The fault remaining lies with the arsehole who began this. He has not admitted fault or apologised.
He didn't do anything wrong. He quite rightly declared it had no chance of working and a publicity stunt, which seemed quite reasonable to me. It's easy to see from the story who was the arsehole and who wasn't.

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/18/17576302/ ... -submarine
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 12249
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by Lance Kennedy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:30 am

Landrew

The arsehole had no business insulting Musk and calling his efforts to help a publicity stunt. That was uncalled for and he had no reason to believe it true. Musk was trying to help, and that does not warrant insults.

Sure, the pedo boy quip was excessive and Musk should not have made that comment. But he apologised. The arsehole still has not.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34374
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: My nightmare
Location: Transcona

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by Gord » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:56 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:30 am
The arsehole had no business insulting Musk and calling his efforts to help a publicity stunt. That was uncalled for and he had no reason to believe it true. Musk was trying to help, and that does not warrant insults.
The British diver was involved in the actual rescue mission. Musk was just a rich boy claiming he could make something out of parts from his rocket to do something which those involved in the actual rescue knew it could not do. Not only was Musk's offer of help a publicity stunt, but so was his apology.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/18/elon-mu ... do-gu.html
...Venture capitalist Gene Munster called on Musk to apologize, saying his behavior was “fueling an unhelpful perception” of the exec's leadership....
That's exactly true, and Musk knew it. If he thought public reaction had gone in his favour, it's doubtful he would have apologised.

Musk went full Trump. Never go full Trump.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 12249
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by Lance Kennedy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:33 pm

Gord,

How in Hades would you know what Musks motives were ?

It is quite possible that he just wanted to help. Sure, he was driving down the wrong road, but his motives are not something you or I can know, and we should recognize that. Speculation is one thing, but claiming certainty when you are just speculating is pure arrogance.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has No Life
Posts: 11206
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by TJrandom » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:58 pm

Talk about quibble... 🙄

User avatar
landrew
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9612
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by landrew » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:11 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:33 pm
Gord,

How in Hades would you know what Musks motives were ?

It is quite possible that he just wanted to help. Sure, he was driving down the wrong road, but his motives are not something you or I can know, and we should recognize that. Speculation is one thing, but claiming certainty when you are just speculating is pure arrogance.
Motives be damned. It's his actions that he should answer for.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 12249
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by Lance Kennedy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:38 pm

In this case, landrew, his actions consisted of making a miniature submarine. Or did you mean his words ? If so, say what you mean.

User avatar
landrew
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9612
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by landrew » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:50 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:38 pm
In this case, landrew, his actions consisted of making a miniature submarine. Or did you mean his words ? If so, say what you mean.
First of all, this great "engineer" didn't have a clue how narrow the passage was, so his submarine never had a chance to work. Perhaps if he had bothered to find out, his chance for this publicity stunt had no chance of happening, because the passage was so tight, the divers had to remove their tanks to squeeze through. The British diver called it the way the facts presented themselves. As a skeptic, he was kinder with his words than most skeptics are. To call him an arsehole is to never have seen the CNN interview. Most people appreciate the way he spoke his mind.

Image
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 12249
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by Lance Kennedy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:46 am

Landrew

I have agreed that Musk and his submarine was a silly approach. I probably understand that point far better than you do, since I am a keen scuba diver myself, and I have done my share of cave diving.

However, that is not the point. The point is what was Musk's motive. Suggesting he was motivated by wanting publicity is to insult the man out of total 100% ignorance. You do not know that, and the arsehole who insulted him did not know that.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has No Life
Posts: 11206
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by TJrandom » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:57 am

I think it safe to presume a motive - the police and prosecutors do it all of the time.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34374
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: My nightmare
Location: Transcona

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by Gord » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:50 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:33 pm
How in Hades would you know what Musks motives were ?
You're right, Musk is clearly a non-human alien whose motives are completely foreign to us all. We therefore cannot determine any motivation behind any of his actions.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 12249
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by Lance Kennedy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:52 am

TJ and Gord

Now you are just getting silly.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has No Life
Posts: 11206
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by TJrandom » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:05 am

No... you are.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 17100
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:22 am

Of note, "motive" is not an element in any crime. Not to be confused with the "intent" to commit any illegal act. Motive is often presented when it is determined because it overlaps so much with intent. True....much less distinction than between a submarine and an inflatable tube. Actually not a bad idea for the right application. Does Thailand make sausage casings that long?

Side note re caving: I have never found myself to be claustrophobic...…..BUT.....imagining squeezing myself thru some dark cave opening kinda freaks me out in contemplation. Add water...…..better sedate me.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
landrew
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9612
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by landrew » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:11 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:46 am
Landrew

I have agreed that Musk and his submarine was a silly approach. I probably understand that point far better than you do, since I am a keen scuba diver myself, and I have done my share of cave diving.

However, that is not the point. The point is what was Musk's motive. Suggesting he was motivated by wanting publicity is to insult the man out of total 100% ignorance. You do not know that, and the arsehole who insulted him did not know that.
I don't know if it was a publicity stunt or not, but it's a bit strange to approach the problem with brute force instead of trying to join the team and work with them instead. I believe they already turned down his participation, because they already had the problem well in hand. It looks like that was the point where Musk then used brute force publicity to get his idea out there in spite of them. It's hard to rule out Musk's ego as having a role in the way this story played out.
An apology after the fact is easy to do, and probably something almost anyone would have done. Good on him, but not that good.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 17100
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:39 pm

Landrew: you say you don't know if it was publicity but it was brut force publicity. Care to explain?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
landrew
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9612
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by landrew » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:51 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:39 pm
Landrew: you say you don't know if it was publicity but it was brut force publicity. Care to explain?
I don't know many people who could put their ideas out there on Twitter with as much exposure as Elon Musk. That's what I call Brute force.

Here's another kind of brute force that I'm not sure I agree with:
https://www.wired.com/story/elon-musk-t ... gafactory/

Some would say that his tyrannical behavior was like that of Steve Jobs, and that's what makes him great. I'm not so sure.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 17100
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:56 am

How many people do you know with any ideas at all?

Brute Force is not descriptive at all. Exposure fits.....its called publicity...and its free.

Its the 21st Century.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34374
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: My nightmare
Location: Transcona

Re: My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space

Post by Gord » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:18 pm

More hyperloop from Thunderf00t!

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?