Infinite Consciousness

How should we think about weird things?
User avatar
kennyc
Has No Life
Posts: 12436
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:21 am
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by kennyc » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:16 pm

As far as Thick ... I prefer Thick Sliced Bacon myself.
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29574
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:27 pm

placid wrote: Hitlers execution of the Jews was an act of love
placid wrote:I don't know, but I'm not as thick as you, that much I do know.
.....but Placid, you claim there is no you. Who is this "I" person telling me something? See how stupid you are! :lol:
placid wrote:this is about you assuming Confid's ideas were of religious nature.
That's because you two twits are religious Advaita Vedanta followers. You haven't got anything else to offer but disjointed conflicting Chopra based phrases. You couldn't write a coherent explanation of your "views" if you tried. It's just gibberish. :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29574
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:29 pm

placid wrote: I really do get off on shagging dead things, it really gives me that sense of being alive now,
Do you hang around mortuaries? :D

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:17 pm

placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote: Fundamentally words do not convey facts.
Even though I have you on ignore so I can avoid exposure to your word salads, I can't let this one pass.

Facts are statements that can be proven using evidence. "One and one equal two," is a fact I've just conveyed to you using words. :roll:
The word Consciousness is not what Consciousness is just as the word Water is not the actual Water.
No kidding. These are things we call 'words.' They are symbolic representations of people, things, places, events, and concepts. We have all agreed on the definitions of these words so that we can communicate with each other. I hope this concept is clear to you now. If not, good luck trying to convey the idea of 'water' without representational symbolism.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:19 pm

Gord wrote:
Gord wrote:I just assumed it would be viewable from you country because I couldn't see it in mine.
your
Whoa! That was meta.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:22 pm

placid wrote:Stop evading the issue, this is about you assuming Confid's ideas were of religious nature, that came from you not Con...Con never mentioned the idea of religion...
It's not an assumption. If Confidentia's ideas cannot be proven using the scientific method, then they're religious, because they are sustained solely by blind faith. Q.E.D.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:33 pm

placid wrote:Sorry to hear you guys have a low pain threshold, but drugs are not the answer, they only mask the issue, hope you feel better soon and are able to get to the root of your pain in the hope of a cure.
Pain medication is the answer for medical conditions that are incurable and for which the main symptom is 'chronic pain, etiology unknown.' In this case, the medication treats the life-disruptive symptom, improving quality of life for the patient until a cure is discovered. The only question that remains is, "Which pain medication will best treat this type of pain without the burden of deleterious side effects?"

If you are treating pain from a disorder that is curable, your doctor is an idiot and you should get a second opinion. If the disorder is incurable, then pain management is the treatment. (I'm speaking as a patient with three incurable chronic pain disorders: fibromyalgia, myofascial pain syndrome, and rheumatoid arthritis. Each one must be treated differently. Fibromyalgia requires the pain signals to be interrupted or reinterpreted. Myofascial pain syndrome requires muscle relaxants. Rheumatoid arthritis requires blocking the protein known as Tumor Necrosis Factor from binding to healthy cells. None of these disorders calls for opioids or NSAIDs.)
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by placid » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:48 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:Stop evading the issue, this is about you assuming Confid's ideas were of religious nature, that came from you not Con...Con never mentioned the idea of religion...
It's not an assumption. If Confidentia's ideas cannot be proven using the scientific method, then they're religious, because they are sustained solely by blind faith. Q.E.D.
More concepts.

Find the source of every known concept and then report back to me with your findings?

Is a concept not taken on blind faith too?

If there is a you to believe in a concept, then that you too is nothing more than blind faith..sorry to inform you of your apparent contradiction.

Find the source of you who believes in a concept ...where and who exactly is you the believer?

Please explain .. or is the you just another believed concept taken on blind faith?

There is no such thing as religion, it's just a fictional concept no one invented.

I really cannot believe how hard this simple message is to understand.

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Confidencia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:48 pm

Dubious wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Brain consciousness is only an idea in the consciousness. In the beginning it is pure in the end it is pure, in the middle it becomes contaminated by the imagination with ideas of separation.
Yes! brain consciousness is only an idea in consciousness but only because there is a brain to have, hold and contain an idea which requires consciousness to create. Do you know of any human creations, art, science, whatever that didn't start off as an idea imagined within the infrastructure called a brain?

You can think what you like but simply making declarations and assertions doesn't convince anyone. Asking for proof of what you state is equally absurd but you should at least strive to give it a degree of probability instead making vague statements that even if perchance understood, don't add up.

Words do not convey the fact . Knowing that you do not know is not an assertion it is a fact!

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Confidencia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:52 pm

Poodle wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote: When you croak it spells the end of brain consciousness, not the consciousness as a whole.
That remains unaffected by the death of a body.
Show us your evidence for this aspect of your bizarre religion. You can't can you? :lol:
It is right in front of your eyes, get out of your sock and look .
No - it's really not. Show us the evidence, rolled up in a sock or not. Simple - come up with the goods. Job done,
I've come up with the good so many times it is unreal that not one of you skeptics has had so much as a flicker of inspiration. When one bulb goes does it affect the network? No it does not. So it is with the body, when one goes out it does not affect the whole of consciousness. As long as there is consciousness there is its witness.

When it concerns truth, life, consciousness and the reality of it you are the proof of everything. You are the living reality of that proof. But you seem to think it is something aside you, so you go looking. But the very looking prevents you from finding. How am I suppose to explain to you in a relative manner, using Mickey Mouse language; that which is absolute? It cannot be done. You must solve the riddle of your own consciousness. It must be your experience that leads you to the experiencer - that leads you to the ultimate - that leads you to the supreme reality, not mine or anybody else's. you want me to give you words where no word apply.

What I say to you appears mad but as an ignorant person madness is all that you understand. You are as you are through no fault of your own and I am as I am through no merit of mine. Simple - think for yourself and stop letting your mind dictate and auto suggest to you and you will be like me. You will know how it is in reality. But don't ask me for proof because whatever I give you you are going to see it through your imagination.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10170
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Poodle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:53 pm

Confidencia wrote: Words do not convey the fact . Knowing that you do not know is not an assertion it is a fact!
:D Make up your mind, Confy! Your second sentence directly contradicts your first.

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Confidencia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:04 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:Stop evading the issue, this is about you assuming Confid's ideas were of religious nature, that came from you not Con...Con never mentioned the idea of religion...
It's not an assumption. If Confidentia's ideas cannot be proven using the scientific method, then they're religious, because they are sustained solely by blind faith. Q.E.D.
It is an assumption - based on your scientific method.
A scientific method is also an idea. What method are you going to use to prove your scientific method? Your idea of language belies your belief in science. Try breaking your circle of contradiction and you will have your proof.

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Confidencia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:13 pm

Poodle wrote:
Confidencia wrote: Words do not convey the fact . Knowing that you do not know is not an assertion it is a fact!
:D Make up your mind, Confy! Your second sentence directly contradicts your first.
The way you are looking at it I have no doubt it does. The mind itself is a contradiction. Nevertheless the wording of the fact is for your benefit, for instance I know I need to relieve myself, I need not have to verbalise it.

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Confidencia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:24 pm

mirror93 wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
mirror93 wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
mirror93 wrote:
TJrandom wrote:Indeed - we are all one... in that eventually, we will all be nothing more than dust, or whatever matter results from being consumed by our dying sun, eventual black hole, etc. What that means for you now, means nothing in the long run – so enjoy the fantasy.
that doesn't mean "we are all one". we simply aren't.
:lol: 93, are you just posting for the sake of posting? It is so painfully obvious that all is one, how can you not see it?
No, I can't see it, because if I could, it would be true, you're the one affirming it is the truth, but you have nothing to support your statement, just fallacies. Are you one with your cellphone? what does that even mean??? are you connected with anyone?? what does that even mean? you're no better than any frustrated new-ager, we are not one, that's the fact you can't admit.
You mean you don't want to see, there is a difference :lol: Alright I'll give you the kindergarten version. I will keep it to simple and essential because that is all that matters when all is said and done. I will not go into the stuff that goes through your tiny little mind because that my friend is irrelevant and non - essential. Now as a body if you don't get food you will die. As a body if you don't get water you will die. As a body if you don't get sleep you will die. As a body you were born, as a body you are going to die. As a body you are going to be reborn. But don't get me wrong what you are now, when you die will be gone for ever. A new body/person with a new identity will be born. But the source of the body the CONSCIOUSNESSES will be the same because there is only one consciousness this is your true identity (hint hint) it goes nowhere nor does it come from anywhere it is now and always, here and everywhere.

Now before you reply with your nonsense ponder over it, ruminate over it, look at it from all angles, don't just take it word for word. USE YOUR INTELLIGENCE AND THINK FOR YOURSELF!!
the good and old neo advaita/chopra trick, ignore the words "in", 'me', 'I', 'my', 'mine' and 'I have', add your words, and then preach your sermons of consciousness and "formless" "unborn" "being" or whatever illogical senseless {!#%@} u morons sermonize ....... LOL, fact is, it's not "as", it's "in", I am in a body. I am a person and I possess MY body and you possess yours, and I have a consciousness, and I will die just like everyone else, that doesn't prove jack of this "permanent" "untouched" "unaffected" "unborn" BS "CONSCIOUSNESS" you're talking about, go watch more Rupert Spira and gtfo
What you think you are is according to you thoughts. To know what you are according to reality you must wake up and stop dreaming.

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Confidencia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:30 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Confidencia wrote: Fundamentally words do not convey facts.
I had moved on to the real world when I remembered this gem when seeing this admirable quote: "Words form the thread on which we string our experiences." -Aldous Huxley, novelist (1894-1963). My own version of this is: "We think with words and flower with ideas." Words are how we think...some fascinating developmental linguistics here...I considered it as a profession for awhile but WAR intervened.

Card Shark: misused so often, it has entered the language. Thats evolution.
It is all part of the creation process, but whilst you are obsessed with it you miss the point.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by placid » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:44 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:Stop evading the issue, this is about you assuming Confid's ideas were of religious nature, that came from you not Con...Con never mentioned the idea of religion...
It's not an assumption. If Confidentia's ideas cannot be proven using the scientific method, then they're religious, because they are sustained solely by blind faith. Q.E.D.
Ideas don't belong to anyone, or anything... Confidentia is the idea ..ideas are invisible.

There is You, but no thing is being you.

The proof is already self evident without having to use a concept to describe it.

Just watch.

A baby exists as pure Self...the baby has no idea it exists until it becomes self aware, what is being aware is awareness itself not the baby, remember the baby had no idea it existed.... Awareness is the silent witness ...that is the real Self, the Self that has no idea it is a Self except in it's own conception of itself.

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Confidencia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:52 pm

Poodle wrote:While you're here, Confy, can you explain the logic here ...
Confidencia wrote:... you would know why I'm not inclined to give you the ABC ...
Confidencia wrote:... You are absolutely right because there is no ABC ...
... because it's a bit of a head-scratcher.
Yes poodle not a problem. Words are symbols and symbols are like shards of glass. You can put them together to form an array, then put that array into an even bigger array to get a complete picture of some sort of coherency. This of course depends on the logic of your approach.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10170
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Poodle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:05 pm

Confidencia wrote:
Poodle wrote:While you're here, Confy, can you explain the logic here ...
Confidencia wrote:... you would know why I'm not inclined to give you the ABC ...
Confidencia wrote:... You are absolutely right because there is no ABC ...
... because it's a bit of a head-scratcher.
Yes poodle not a problem. Words are symbols and symbols are like shards of glass. You can put them together to form an array, then put that array into an even bigger array to get a complete picture of some sort of coherency. This of course depends on the logic of your approach.
Ten days! It's taken you ten days to come up with that reply? :D And still it made no sense!

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29574
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:12 pm

Confidencia wrote:A scientific method is also an idea.
Nope it is a process. The idea part is called the hypothesis. The hypothesis is tested using the scientific method.

That's why your crap Advaita Vedanta religion is just another silly religion. You can'r even write it down as a coherent statement. You really don't know anything do you?
:lol:

Scientific method
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29574
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:17 pm

Confidencia wrote:Yes poodle not a problem. Words are symbols and symbols are like shards of glass.
Another total failure by Confidencia

Firstly, you are using words to express yourself meaning you don't believe in your own "anti word" bull-{!#%@}.

Secondly, normal humans using words and the scientific method have discovered and developed things like monitors, computers and the internet which you are typing on. According to your Advaita Vedanta religion, you and Placid would not have even developed a written language.

That's why you two are stone age religious losers.
:lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29574
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:21 pm

Confidencia wrote:I've come up with the good so many times it is unreal that not one of you skeptics has had so much as a flicker of inspiration.
You have never set out your Advaita Vedanta religious framework at all. You are simply spamming disjointed incoherent sentences that you think define your religion.

You are like a drunk insane catholic priest, yelling gibberish at normal people on a street corner.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29574
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:24 pm

placid wrote:There is no such thing as religion, it's just a fictional concept no one invented.
You got that right. You two belong to the Advaita Vedanta religious cult.........which is complete fiction. :lol:

advaita religion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advaita_Vedanta
"Advaita Vedanta , (literally, not-two), is a school of Hindu philosophy and religious practice

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Confidencia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:01 pm

Gord wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Dubious to Confidencia wrote: What part of consciousness do you suppose remains after you subtract brain consciousness?
Confidencia is a failed Advaita Vedanta cult member and only spams conflicting Chopra-esque gibberish in different threads. I'm trying to lock him down in one thread, here......
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28988
Well that didn't work. :P
What did you expect? Ellard's not the brightest of people.

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Confidencia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:45 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote:I've come up with the good so many times it is unreal that not one of you skeptics has had so much as a flicker of inspiration.
You have never set out your Advaita Vedanta religious framework at all. You are simply spamming disjointed incoherent sentences that you think define your religion.

You are like a drunk insane catholic priest, yelling gibberish at normal people on a street corner.
It is all a matter of opinion :mrgreen: I wouldn't say you we're normal.

Nevertheless I've already told you, reality does not have a framework because it is intrinsically in and of itself, it does not need the support of anything; religious or otherwise. THAT IS WHY IT IS CALLED THE REALITY BECAUSE IT IS INDEPENDENT OF THE MIND AND STANDS ON ITS OWN UNSUPPORTED!!!! Which part of unsupported do you not understand? Advaita Vedanta is just another idea that you do not understand, it has nothing to do with the reality.

You use a framework at the apprentice stage, it is a bit like an infant uses stabilisers when they first start riding a bike. Once they are confident in their balance they are thrown away. You build a framework around concepts, that's what holds them together, otherwise they just collapse because on their own they are meaningless and false. That's why they need a framework. In reality there is nothing false and nothing needs to be held together because there is nothing separate.

:lol: You are miles off the the mark with your infantile rants of juvenile delinquence. Perhaps you should hit yourself over the head with your books. It's bound to make much more of an impression than if you were to continue reading them. :lol:

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Confidencia » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:01 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Yes poodle not a problem. Words are symbols and symbols are like shards of glass.
Another total failure by Confidencia

Firstly, you are using words to express yourself meaning you don't believe in your own "anti word" bull-{!#%@}.


Of course I'm using words, how am I able to communicate with you infants if I don't use them,

Secondly, normal humans using words and the scientific method have discovered and developed things like monitors, computers and the internet which you are typing on. According to your Advaita Vedanta religion, you and Placid would not have even developed a written language.


All this happens by itself, it is called the process of creation. An endless cycle of repetition. Whilst you are busy claiming merit and singing the praises of contemporary science it is happening :lol:

That's why you two are stone age religious losers. :lol:
That's your mind :mrgreen: It has a Stone Age level of mentality, hence the reason why you have this unhealthy obsession with religion. :lol:

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Confidencia » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:26 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote:A scientific method is also an idea.
Nope it is a process. The idea part is called the hypothesis. The hypothesis is tested using the scientific method.


Yes and unless there is this process there can be no hypothesis, testing or scientific method. The act comes before the deed. Action goes unseen and is at the heart of matter, the performances only appear.

That's why your crap Advaita Vedanta religion is just another silly religion. You can'r even write it down as a coherent statement. You really don't know anything do you? :lol:
Advaita Vedanta religion Is part of your word play, if you are so concerned with it you write the statements and entertain yourself with them. I have no need for your religions,
Or your links

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29574
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:30 am

Confidencia wrote:A scientific method is also an idea.
Matthew Ellard wrote:Nope. It is a process. The idea part is called the hypothesis. The hypothesis is tested using the scientific method.
Confidencia wrote:Yes and unless there is this process there can be no hypothesis, testing or scientific method.
That is called a religion.......and you blindly follow your Advaita Vedanta stone age religion.

QED
:lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29574
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:32 am

Another total failure by Confidencia
Matthew Ellard wrote:Firstly, you are using words to express yourself meaning you don't believe in your own "anti word" bull-{!#%@}.
Confidencia wrote:Of course I'm using words, how am I able to communicate with you infants if I don't use them,
So you have contradicted yourself again and now claim words have meaning

You really are very stupid.
:lol:

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Confidencia » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:33 am

Poodle wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Poodle wrote:While you're here, Confy, can you explain the logic here ...
Confidencia wrote:... you would know why I'm not inclined to give you the ABC ...
Confidencia wrote:... You are absolutely right because there is no ABC ...
... because it's a bit of a head-scratcher.
Yes poodle not a problem. Words are symbols and symbols are like shards of glass. You can put them together to form an array, then put that array into an even bigger array to get a complete picture of some sort of coherency. This of course depends on the logic of your approach.
Ten days! It's taken you ten days to come up with that reply? :D And still it made no sense!
Yes I know, it's appalling isn't it. :shock:

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Confidencia » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:40 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote:A scientific method is also an idea.
Matthew Ellard wrote:Nope. It is a process. The idea part is called the hypothesis. The hypothesis is tested using the scientific method.
Confidencia wrote:Yes and unless there is this process there can be no hypothesis, testing or scientific method.
That is called a religion.......and you blindly follow your Advaita Vedanta stone age religion.

QED
:lol:
:lol: I would say it is more of an obsession. And if you carry on repeating it like a mantra as you are it may very well make you blind :lol:

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Confidencia » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:45 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Another total failure by Confidencia
Matthew Ellard wrote:Firstly, you are using words to express yourself meaning you don't believe in your own "anti word" bull-{!#%@}.
Confidencia wrote:Of course I'm using words, how am I able to communicate with you infants if I don't use them,
So you have contradicted yourself again and now claim words have meaning


For infants they are as meaningful as a dummy.

You really are very stupid. :lol:
I'm not going to insult you ellard because there aren't any words that fit the criteria. :lol:

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Confidencia » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:59 am

Dubious wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Brain consciousness is only an idea in the consciousness. In the beginning it is pure in the end it is pure, in the middle it becomes contaminated by the imagination with ideas of separation.
Yes! brain consciousness is only an idea in consciousness but only because there is a brain to have, hold and contain an idea which requires consciousness to create.
Hence the purity of it prior to the brain. Brain consciousness depends on a brain that much is certain, consciousness does not
Do you know of any human creations, art, science, whatever that didn't start off as an idea imagined within the infrastructure called a brain?
No I don't, but you are missing the point. Human creation, human being, arts and science what have these to do with reality? These are just ideas in the mind of the observer.
You can think what you like but simply making declarations and assertions doesn't convince anyone.
It is not about trying to convince anyone, I'm here solely for my entertainment. I know something that most if not all of you skeptics do not know and I'm not the only one here who knows it. Beside truth does not need asserting by anyone, when the time is right it well assert itself such is its nature.
Asking for proof of what you state is equally absurd but you should at least strive to give it a degree of probability instead making vague statements that even if perchance understood, don't add up.
I'm pointing here you look over there, naturally the statements will appear vague
What is real does not lend itself to the equation of mathematics. There are no decrees or values with which I can play with for your amusement. You must ruminate over what I've said and take it to heart. If you leave it with your mind it will only turn it around and generated more questions. Probability is only a condition but the real is the real regardless of the conditions in which it is reflected. You cannot argue with the fact.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29574
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:10 am

Confidencia wrote:Yes and unless there is this process there can be no hypothesis, testing or scientific method.
Matthew Ellard wrote:That is called a religion.......and you blindly follow your Advaita Vedanta stone age religion.

QED
:lol:
Confidencia wrote: I would say it is more of an obsession.
Yes. That's why you have changed your forum name from Clarifyit4me and Shaka so you can keep obsessively spamming your religious gibberish. over and over again, on a science forum! :lol:
Dumb & Dumber.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by placid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:43 am

Matt is a barking dog.

He can't hear the message over his own voice over.

Matt needs to get out of his own way.

Matt you are the obstacle to your true self.

Life) does not need to be known to be what it is.

The intellect will never get this message - reality is not intellectual.

No one was born with a label attached.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Nikki Nyx » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:40 pm

placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:Stop evading the issue, this is about you assuming Confid's ideas were of religious nature, that came from you not Con...Con never mentioned the idea of religion...
It's not an assumption. If Confidentia's ideas cannot be proven using the scientific method, then they're religious, because they are sustained solely by blind faith. Q.E.D.
More concepts. Find the source of every known concept and then report back to me with your findings?
I'm not doing your homework for you unless you pay me.
placid wrote:Is a concept not taken on blind faith too?
Not by skeptics. Not unless there's valid empiric evidence to support it.
placid wrote:If there is a you to believe in a concept, then that you too is nothing more than blind faith..sorry to inform you of your apparent contradiction.
I fail to comprehend why you're unable to accept that skeptics don't have beliefs. My existence neither came about nor is sustained by blind faith. It's quite odd that you discard observable reality, yet persist in maintaining blind faith in your religion.
placid wrote:Find the source of you
My mommy and daddy haven't had 'the talk' with me yet.
placid wrote:where and who exactly is you the believer? Please explain .. or is the you just another believed concept taken on blind faith?
Perhaps in an alternate universe, since the me in this universe has no beliefs.
placid wrote:There is no such thing as religion, it's just a fictional concept no one invented.
The millions of human beings throughout history who have been tortured and slaughtered will be relieved.
placid wrote:I really cannot believe how hard this simple message is to understand.
Was there a message in all that? It was mostly questions, not statements. Do you understand The Message?
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29574
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:22 pm

Another complete fail by Confidencia
Confidencia wrote: I don't exist'
Confidencia wrote: I've already told you,
You don't believe your own bull-{!#%@} religion at all. If you don't exist, you can't say you already told us.

You are just a really confused religious nut case.
:lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29574
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:28 pm

placid wrote:Matt is a barking dog.
Four posts ago you said I didn't exist. Did you forget again? :lol:
placid wrote:He can't hear the message over his own voice over.
What message? You and Confidencia clearly wrote that words cannot convey facts.........are you now contradicting yourselves again and claiming your posts had meaning? :lol:

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:10 am

Nikki Nyx wrote: I fail to comprehend why you're unable to accept that skeptics don't have beliefs.
Do you believe you are a skeptic?

Can you explain exactly who the who is that is failing here?

Who is the skeptic, and does the skeptic believe in that one?

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:32 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
You are just a really confused religious nut case. :lol:
Is that what you seem to think I am ? LOL..yes that's really funny because when I look for a confused religious nut case ..hmm, I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Did you just make that up? was it a ''thought'' Matt?

LOL

Have you ever seen a ''thought'' Matt?

LOL

Meanwhile,. what I am ...what is actually ''really''here remains ever unchanged, totally uneffected by any thought.

The body is never confused Matt...is operates and functions all by itself, could you imagine if there was a little person called Matt in there operating it, what an absolute cock-up you would make of this naturally functioning body.

Matt, just so you know, thought can become anything imagined, bar nothing, because it is nothing,....isn't that funny Matt?

As such, we know thoughts, but thoughts do not know us. Awakened awareness knows mind, but mind does not know awareness. As it is, awareness can never be found or known by mind. Ever. But that doesn’t stop mind from trying to get ''it''

LOL

Howl tweet tweet...depending on which side your heads tilted ...Howl

LOL

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Infinite Consciousness

Post by placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:39 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:The millions of human beings throughout history who have been tortured and slaughtered will be relieved.

Being killed is just an experience no one is having.

Nothing ever happened, just as nothing ever happens in a nightly dream.

The one dreaming your nightly dreams is the same one dreaming waking dream.

Although in the dream, there is torture, killing, slaughter, and all kinds of nasty's, your true essence of who you are is never effected...

The human is just one of a multitude of experiences appearing in consciousness, every experience is an experience has by consciousness ..an experience will come and go...consciousness does not, because consciousness is not an experience, you are consciousness dreaming it is a human.

There is no way out of the dream. You are the dream.

.

Shocking isn't it.