Biological Evolution and the Second Law of Thermodynamics

How should we think about weird things?
davidroemer
BANNED

Re: Biological Evolution and the Second Law of Thermodynamics

Post by davidroemer » Thu May 28, 2015 4:48 am

Your refusal to assign a moderator proves that the AJP article ("Entropy and evolution") undermines the integrity of science in the United States. Anyone qualified to moderate a discussion about this topic would see how absurd the AJP article is and the motivation for such nonsense.

I am giving you 48 hours to consult with the editorial board of Skeptic magazine about this matter. If you don't change your decision, I will assume that you are acting on their behalf. I will advise every member of the the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology of your refusal to assign a moderator.
David Roemer

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am

:laff:
Lard, save me from your followers.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu May 28, 2015 5:54 am

davidroemer wrote:I am giving you 48 hours to consult with the editorial board of Skeptic magazine about this matter. If you don't change your decision, I will assume that you are acting on their behalf. I will advise every member of the the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology of your refusal to assign a moderator.

You are a "no one" making demands on a small forum, that has no connection to Skeptic Magazine other than the Society being a generous host to this forum, to promote their magazine and services to the public.

You are deluded and threaten to tell other third party people, who are already ignoring you, that the editorial board of Skeptic Magazine, who don't read this forum, must comply. They don't even know you exist.

I note that you were sacked as a high school teacher and then failed in your actions against them. Since then you have been accusing everyone in many fields of activities, as some sort of weak compensation for your own personal insignificance, low intelligence and fundamental Christian beliefs. .

I understand that you are "burning up inside" and "compelled" to draw attention to yourself, however, you are very far down the rank of significance and have become a bit passé, on this forum.
15seconds-300x300.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Thu May 28, 2015 7:27 am

davidroemer wrote:Your refusal to assign a moderator proves that the AJP article ("Entropy and evolution") undermines the integrity of science in the United States. Anyone qualified to moderate a discussion about this topic would see how absurd the AJP article is and the motivation for such nonsense.

I am giving you 48 hours to consult with the editorial board of Skeptic magazine about this matter. If you don't change your decision, I will assume that you are acting on their behalf. I will advise every member of the the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology of your refusal to assign a moderator.

I've tried that technique, David, and it appears not to work. But them I thcweamed and thcweamed and held my bweath and thtamped my feet. I got a thweetie for that ... and now I'm OK.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Thu May 28, 2015 10:23 am

davidroemer wrote:Your refusal to assign a moderator proves that the AJP article ("Entropy and evolution") undermines the integrity of science in the United States.

No, it demonstrates how people treat cranks.

Anyone qualified to moderate a discussion about this topic would see how absurd the AJP article is and the motivation for such nonsense.

No we wouldn't. We all see how absurd your arguments are, and remain neutral or slightly positively inclined toward the article in the AJP.

I am giving you 48 hours to consult with the editorial board of Skeptic magazine about this matter.

He's not going to do that.

If you don't change your decision, I will assume that you are acting on their behalf.

You will be wrong. But this comes as no surprise, because you're a crank, and we all assume you will continue to believe false things in order to make yourself feel better.

I will pester even more people if refusal to assign a moderator.

I wish you wouldn't pester even more people with your nonsense, but you are a crank, and that's what cranks do. Hopefully being pestered by you will at worst be a learning experience for them in the area of "how to deal with cranks", and not lead any of them to drink.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Pyrrho
Administrator

Post by Pyrrho » Thu May 28, 2015 10:33 am

davidroemer wrote:Your refusal to assign a moderator proves that the AJP article ("Entropy and evolution") undermines the integrity of science in the United States. Anyone qualified to moderate a discussion about this topic would see how absurd the AJP article is and the motivation for such nonsense.

This forum operates solely as a voluntary service. I will not waste the time of anyone at The Skeptics Society regarding this nonsense. It would be absolutely absurd for anyone to believe, much less assert, that I am acting on behalf of the editorial board. They have much more important things to attend to than this forum, much less your unprofessional behavior. I am reasonably certain, with very narrow confidence intervals, that the House Committee would ignore you and this forum and this thread, and rightly so.

You are no longer welcome to post here. Good bye.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Thu May 28, 2015 11:24 am

Thank you, Pyrrho - it was the right thing to do and, in fact, the only thing to do. I feel sure that Mr. Roemer will use it as evidence to support his campaign to prove that the entire world is against him, but that's his choice.

Just in case no one ever says it, you do a superb job.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Post by zeuzzz » Thu May 28, 2015 2:30 pm

I really like the fact this thread is open for further comments ...

Just saying, this is a noble contrast to other forums that tend to just 'lock' or 'ban' controversial threads from continuing.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu May 28, 2015 3:49 pm

Poodle wrote:Thank you, Pyrrho - it was the right thing to do and, in fact, the only thing to do. I feel sure that Mr. Roemer will use it as evidence to support his campaign to prove that the entire world is against him, but that's his choice.

Just in case no one ever says it, you do a superb job.

Well said, Poodle.
Lard, save me from your followers.

busterggi
Regular Poster
Custom Title: General Weirdness

Post by busterggi » Thu May 28, 2015 4:56 pm

"There comes a time to turn Mother's picture to the wall and get out!" - Harry Luck, The Magnificent Seven, 1960

Too bad David apparently never saw this movie.