Your child asks you: What did you do to help save the world?

How should we think about weird things?
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: Your child asks you: What did you do to help save the wo

Post by zeuzzz » Thu May 15, 2014 9:44 pm

Another timely video from the great bard on the same subject as the first.

[ytube][/ytube]
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

digress
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: doomer

Post by digress » Fri May 23, 2014 8:49 pm

zeuzzz wrote:If you have any particular beef with what he says I'd love some feedback.
I'd be interested in knowing what he is talking about.

"What did you do to help save the world?"
I raised the question.
  God is an idea.  
"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg
"I am not a concept..." -Confidencia

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:47 pm

digress wrote: I'd be interested in knowing what he is talking about.

"What did you do to help save the world?"
I raised the question.
Well I don't like to boast but I am an ardent recycler. And I turn off my lights at night.

Well I guess if you check out the channel these vids are on I could say I'm helping spread these messages to what has evolved into a rather large youtube community.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:25 pm

Pretty sure I totally misunderstood your post digress, ignore reply, or clarify what you were asking, if you want.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:30 pm

Stumbled across this [vid] other Mckenna excerpt kinda about the topic of this thread in terms of destroying the planet with bad ideas, policies and doctrines, here's the transcript:

"I don't want to get into an air-clawing rave about this, but I feel that as a person who was raised Catholic I have a certain permission to criticise my own subgroup. I think that the third Reich was a Sunday school picnic in terms of the population policies of the Roman Catholic church, they will shove millions of people per year into poverty disease and death in the pursuit of a theological doctrine that nobody understands the sense of.

In a civilized political environment those people would be placed under immediate arrest. Just like we did the leadership of the Nazis. I do not understand how you can call your self 'pro life' when the policies that you espouse mean planetary death. That's the program of the pro life position; more starvation, more agony, more wars, more destroyed land, more population; in the name of being pro life? What have words come to mean.

The thing that was so great about the 60's, and is so frustrating about the 90's and modern times is that people do not get pissed off. You know I can can tell you this, and you can nod in agreement, but at some point the thing becomes so odious, so clearly intellectually bankrupt, so clearly toxic to any kind of human values that we can relate to that you just have to put yourself on the line. And I don't know when that moment will come, it's not for me to say, but at some point a switch will be turned in the unconscious; there's enough evidence, outrage and muddleheadedness and downright evil around that sooner or later we are going to have to confront it, otherwise this society is just a sinking submarine. And there is no way out unless people who really understand the gravity of the situation and the stakes make their voices heard.

If we leave it up to the institutions that have been put in place over the last 500 years these are anti-human institutions, these institutions hate the human race, hate ordinary people, and until we wake up to this we are going to be their victims. We're the marks. Well how do you like being a mark? You can only take so much of that until you finally stand up and say 'enough'
."

People agree? Disagree?

It's a pretty stong statement saying the Roman Catholic Church are worse for the planet than the Nazis were, but he seems to justify it pretty well ... I don't know the actual stats.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:35 am

The comparison haz a flaw.

The Nazis actually helped todayz world by reducing the population. Sumthing like 50,000,000 died in WW2, so we'd now be at sum multiple uv that greater than the actual 7 billion+. (assuming there wuz no alternate WW2)
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:06 am

50 million? Jeez. Had no idea was that much.

Generally I think that decreasing the human population of the planet is a great thing to do. However, as insane as this may sound, I don't really agree with the way the Nazis did it.

Education about why bearing only one child is beneficial to the planet in a holistic sense, a tax scheme to make people having more than one child not economically benficial but more a burden, and various other ideas along those lines could probably be a more humain way of acheiving what the Nazis were planning on, in terms of world population decrease.

Do chruch missionaries actually still preach to thirld world countries that wearing contraception is a sin?

And a since a person born in a western culture has roughly 1000x times more negative impact on the environment than someone born in Africa or in the third world in a pre industrial culture why do we preach birth control in these countries and not in our own? The women in our culture are after all generally college educated and would probably understand that message better. Ok that paragraph was pretty much paraphrasing Mckenna, I'll just link to talk about this now, same as link on first page.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:57 am

Education about why bearing only one child is beneficial to the planet in a holistic sense, a tax scheme to make people having more than one child not economically benficial but more a burden, and various other ideas along those lines could probably be a more humain way of acheiving what the Nazis were planning on, in terms of world population decrease.
The Nazis just wanted to exterminate the jews, that's it, their scumbaginess had nothing to do with improving earth as a planet.
I had a feeling my sarcasm about this sentence would not be apprehended (sarcasm just fails online, nearly always, don't try!)

There are other ways to gradually decrease successful instances of copulation worldwide through political reform, economic incentives and information about this that could percolate from the higher industrial countries to the poorer regions of the world. The trouble is getting a corporately incentivised media to give it adequate air time as a major focus, as their profits are drawn from increasing demographics from the corporate based institutions that fund their advertising in a debt based economy, taking money from the poor and enriching the rich to the point of absurdity. Check out the rich poor divide graphs in the last five years to see what I mean.

digress
Frequent Poster

Post by digress » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:01 am

zeuzzz wrote:Pretty sure I totally misunderstood your post digress, ignore reply, or clarify what you were asking, if you want.
Sorry, I didnt not see this reply. I will clarify my post for you.

I watched your video and it was 2 minutes of a voice asserting very bland, self-perspective, statements before ending by asking a gigantic question.

You turning off your lights at night, for example, says nothing about addressing a world problem. It may help attribute to local [your town] energy conservation, but the world is a community conglomerate. Unless a problem is attacking all these communities it technically isn't a world problem. The irony with the video is that it was produced in English. At the very least don't you think this video should have maybe Chinese subtitles considering they've arguably the worlds largest single community? In this regard it appears to mock the challenge it tries to address.

Unless I am to assume English speaking communities are in-charge or are responsible for world problems. But then you'd have to deal with a tidal wave of new-age liberals who wave the don't act flag of pacifism in the face of any domestic legislation that doesn't directly support the growth of foreign powers.

So I'm confused by what exactly this video is accomplishing or attempting to relay. It appears to be a colossal guilt-trip in reflection to the picture it presents for the local English youtuber. My reply was an attempt to mock this lazy abuse of language. The "presentation of a question". (no disrespect)
  God is an idea.  
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg

clarsct
Frequent Poster

Post by clarsct » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:54 am

Hmmmmmm.

I'd ask him how much he likes his damned allowance. Because I'd be happy to donate it to the World Wildlife Foundation or such. (NOT Greenpeace..screw them.)

Other than that, I'd tell him that if he thinks the world needs saved, then figure out what to do about a problem, form a plan, and implement it. Don't protest, don't march...go solve a real world problem.

Bitching on the internet, even Youtube, is just an ego-satisfying way to feel superior without actually doing much. Go invent new, more cost efficient ways to get power, water, food, shelter. Go invent new methods of space travel. If you want meaning, go do something meaningful.
When Religion becomes State, and breaking the Law becomes a Sin, then Dissenters will become Heretics.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:11 am

I ate all my peas and went to bed when I was told.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:46 am

A fundamental part uv the problem iz that money iz out uv control. We work for it rather than it working for us. Think uv it az a machine that creates artificial co-operation - people naturally work together for their mutual benefit, but money replased that, so the human race duznt know wut its accomplishing. Everybody just thinks about their own life and getting money iz the main objectiv uv most activity.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:58 am

A-number wrote:
Gord wrote:I ate all my peas and went to bed when I was told.
I hardly know you Gord, but from what I know I think your sense of humor is your or one of your tools to contribute to saving the world. And I very genuinely thank you for it friend.
Yes.

[ytube][/ytube]
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:20 pm

lolz. Do you know the joke yet, Gord? I guess the Pythons saved my life my not telling/showing me it.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:25 pm

digress wrote:
zeuzzz wrote:Pretty sure I totally misunderstood your post digress, ignore reply, or clarify what you were asking, if you want.
You turning off your lights at night, for example, says nothing about addressing a world problem.
Bad sarcasm again ...
It may help attribute to local [your town] energy conservation, but the world is a community conglomerate. Unless a problem is attacking all these communities it technically isn't a world problem. The irony with the video is that it was produced in English. At the very least don't you think this video should have maybe Chinese subtitles considering they've arguably the worlds largest single community? In this regard it appears to mock the challenge it tries to address.

Unless I am to assume English speaking communities are in-charge or are responsible for world problems. But then you'd have to deal with a tidal wave of new-age liberals who wave the don't act flag of pacifism in the face of any domestic legislation that doesn't directly support the growth of foreign powers.

So I'm confused by what exactly this video is accomplishing or attempting to relay. It appears to be a colossal guilt-trip in reflection to the picture it presents for the local English youtuber. My reply was an attempt to mock this lazy abuse of language. The "presentation of a question". (no disrespect)
Can you provide a transcript of it into a foreign dialect so the message can reach the widest demographics possible? I would be eternally grateful if you could, I can provide the English transcript if you want.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:47 am

zeuzzz wrote:lolz. Do you know the joke yet, Gord? I guess the Pythons saved my life my not telling/showing me it.
It's a secret. They've released Hitler's attempt to produce a German version of it, though:

[ytube][/ytube]
Not nearly as powerful.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:53 pm

Through the forced idiocy of TV the drama of a dying world has been turned into a kind of soap opera for most people.

They do not understand that it's their story. And people do not realize that unless there is some kind of revolution it's not just their life, but their entire children and progenies life, that is at stake.

Would people agree this is the primary root cause of our social apathy at our current predicament?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:05 pm

To reduce the population, I'm not having any children, so that my grandchildren will be able to live in a better world.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:05 pm

Ok now I'm confused; am I still in a monty python sketch, Gord, or in reality?

digress
Frequent Poster

Post by digress » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:43 pm

zeuzzz wrote:
digress wrote:
You turning off your lights at night, for example, says nothing about addressing a world problem.
Bad sarcasm again ...
It may help attribute to local [your town] energy conservation, but the world is a community conglomerate. Unless a problem is attacking all these communities it technically isn't a world problem. The irony with the video is that it was produced in English. At the very least don't you think this video should have maybe Chinese subtitles considering they've arguably the worlds largest single community? In this regard it appears to mock the challenge it tries to address.

Can you provide a transcript of it into a foreign dialect so the message can reach the widest demographics possible? I would be eternally grateful if you could, I can provide the English transcript if you want.
O_o
I'm not capable of doing this and reaching out to other demographics with a message or question of any kind. I only speak English and American.
  God is an idea.  

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Flash » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:03 am

I can speak a bit of Spanglish, Franglish and thanks to the unceasing educational efforts of my drug dealer, Jamaican patois.
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:00 am

zeuzzz wrote:Ok now I'm confused; am I still in a monty python sketch, Gord, or in reality?
I was liberally misquoting British comedian Jimmy Carr.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:49 am

Gord wrote:
zeuzzz wrote:Ok now I'm confused; am I still in a monty python sketch, Gord, or in reality?
As long as it's a misquote I can no longer rant.

Jimmy is great. But he relies on one liners too much. It's almost as if he's a graduate of some kind of comedy school, with a focus of British humor and psychology.

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Flash » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:05 am

A-number wrote:
...Furthermore, I always loved your avatar :P
Thank you A-number.

And I must say that praying for people in good faith is admirable. I couldn't do that but I've met genuine and authentic Christians whose way of life caused me to think that maybe there is a way we can all live in a tolerant multifaceted society without persecutions and unnecessary diatribe of conflicting viewpoints.

You A-number have been a stubborn member of this forum for a long time and I must tell you that your viewpoint is much appreciated. Hell, what is the point of agreeing on everything, eh.

And with regard to praying for the women who have been forced into prostitution... yeah that's good, however during my time as the world traveler and discoverer of things forbidden I run into a lot of prostitutes who worked in the sex trade by clear choice.

Yes, if they could be millionaires and spend the rest of their lives in their villas on lake Como they would but otherwise a thousand dollars a trick beats eleven dollars an hour and a lot of grease at McDonalds anytime. :mrgreen:
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:14 am

zeuzzz wrote:
Gord wrote:
As long as it's a misquote I can no longer rant.

Jimmy is great. But he relies on one liners too much. It's almost as if he's a graduate of some kind of comedy school, with a focus of British humor and psychology.
What, Cambridge?
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Flash » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:29 am

You are right A-number. The oldest profession is far from being what you might call "a good job" especially for the girls (and boys) working on the street. It's dangerous in more ways than one and it attracts clients who often turn out to be the text book case of the violent psychopath.
This is why a legalized prostitution gives the sex trade workers some protection. They can be tracked, they can have the medical exams and treatments if necessary and they are much safer in well run bordellos than on the street.
Hell, they might even have a retirement pension plan.

We have now a conservative government in Canada and since the hypocrisy is inseparable from their ideology they have decided to impress the nation with a novel idea...they are going to get rid of the oldest profession in Canada for ever.

We are going to be the only virtuous country in the world where prostitution will no longer exist. Believe this and you might as well think that Santa Claus is real and lives at the North Pole as well.

Never mind the environmental oil sands disaster, unemployment, the need to legalize pot and other drugs in order to stop incarcerating basically innocent and non violent people. never mind the god damn roads, bridges and the public transportation and improving our much imperfect healthcare. No, to the idiots in Ottawa it's getting rid of the prostitution that is the most important agenda right now.

I think that in the unlikely scenario where these morons get reelected a year or so from now we will probably end up with the Saudi stile religious police making sure that the nation is completely pious and equally stupid.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:38 pm

I met a girl in Thailand who actually left her day job in Mcdonalds and worked as a prostitute out of choice for a year, before working as a swimming pool attendant (where I met her and her mates) and she was very open about it, guess it's a different culture there. She said was one of her favorite jobs, hardly any hours a day, good pay, well managed and enjoyable work (sometimes). Guess she was one of the lucky ones who could enjoy it, I would guess most do not, they just kinda put up with it to get paid.

I used to think similar about porn stars, that they were malfunctional in some way or had issues in their lives, but having watched a few interviews with some (tyt interviews) that opinion was pretty naive too. Not saying it's right (prostiution) but I don't think blanket statements appy in these areas.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:18 pm

A-number wrote:I personally don't trust interviews, at least not all of them. Interviews are generally paid and the payee better answer the way they are told to answer. They sign papers saying this and that, etc. I cannot do this, I cannot sue, etc. It's full of bs. On the other hand, I caught one late night tv program looong time ago, While some of the girls claimed they worked 10 hrs a month as porn workers and got paid 6k$ each month, many of them did that behind their parents back so they were always in a state of terror as to their family in one way or the other coming to find out. The investigators closely followed couple. I remember that one got to a point she met this guy and wanted to get married, he quickly found out and dumped her on the spot. And next and next. It was just so sad for her, no one wanted her as a significant other, fiancee, girlfriend. To them, she was piece of trash. Not to mention that she was beautiful and still young and everything!!!!!. Regardless of the cash they get, I couldn't imagine a beautiful girl (all girls are beautiful) dumping the totality of aaaaaall her career options to put a lease on her ass, private parts, body and her personhood. I just could not!
I feel really sorry for her. Cultural narratives people believe without thinking of peoples individuality, instead lumping them into a group mentality, are plain depressing, and far too prevalent. It's far too easy for people to be swept up in these kind of ideas, identifying themselves as black, gay, christian, atheist, whatever, people are highly complex individuals with all sorts of reasons for their actions outside of any group stereotype, and ascribing a group worth to any one person and judging them by it is a massive logical fallacy. The older generation is far worse at this than the younger generation. The older generation are worse I think thanks to newspapers and sensationalist news. My two cents.
Last edited by zeuzzz on Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

digress
Frequent Poster

Post by digress » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:59 pm

zeuzzz wrote:I met a girl in Thailand who actually left her day job in Mcdonalds and worked as a prostitute out of choice for a year, before working as a swimming pool attendant (where I met her and her mates) and she was very open about it, guess it's a different culture there. She said was one of her favorite jobs, hardly any hours a day, good pay, well managed and enjoyable work (sometimes). Guess she was one of the lucky ones who could enjoy it, I would guess most do not, they just kinda put up with it to get paid.

I used to think similar about porn stars, that they were malfunctional in some way or had issues in their lives, but having watched a few interviews with some (tyt interviews) that opinion was pretty naive too. Not saying it's right (prostiution) but I don't think blanket statements appy in these areas.
I don't understand why people would assume prostitution is unfavorable by the prostitute. I find more daily misery from the compulsory testimony of many people in my office to suggest they may be happier if they were pretty enough to sell their bodies.
  God is an idea.  

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:14 pm

We're a pretty sexually repressed society. You may not feel sexually repressed, but think back to 100 years ago when pianos had to wear trousers as their legs were deemed too rude! I call what we have done since progress.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:26 pm

Cant be an easy job though at times, when you get people like this

I presume nowadays they can refuse a customer, even if they are not upfront about why.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:53 pm

Anyway I think the subject of this thread is wondering, so here is the original talk that the original video, and second video I linked to, were both ripped from. A four minute excerpt of a three hour long lecture.

[ytube][/ytube]

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:14 am

I dunno. Sorry if I touched a nerve (I posted that pic after I came in from the pub, breaking my do not post after drinking rule, as it nearly always ends in me annoying someone). I don't think women of any profession like being called whores though.

My mother or sister? Wouldn't like it, but if they were happy who am I to judge. Some mothers do porn with their daughters when both are married, I read an article on vice about it. Watched a channel four documentary a week back about mature escorts that get into it after retirement, they all seemed pretty happy to be honest, including an 80 year old escort in the uk :shock: You can watch it here, you might need to use a uk proxy: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/my-g ... escort/4od" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to that docu It's no longer illegal to sell sex or pay for it btw.

How on earth did we get on this topic in this thread again? Maybe this should be split to a new one.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:20 am

A-number wrote:So as an adult, guys are candid when I am around (not in a rude derogatory way). And dude, it's freaking a learning lesson!!!!I've witness guys who act like angels when their "wedded" wives are present to only turn around and start speaking of them like pieces of trash the minute the woman steps out!!!I have been celibate for at least 12 years now, and lived happily ever after though I don't have the single issue with my sexuality, appearance or anything.
Guys can be douches. I'ts the left over of thousands of years of primate dominance hierarchies, or male ego, if you want to put it that way.

"The male libido is like being chained to a madman" (Socrates)

Those men with any introspection into their actions know this. I know it, but I'm still chained, to an extent, and I'm not too fond of that castration bizniz. It's an endless battle between what organ you decide to treat most presciently. A lot of guys choose the wrong one, all the time.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:47 pm

A-number wrote:
That makes them unfit to be in charge and command then. I mean if women are "emotional" and as result deemed unfit to be trusted with certain serious tasks, and guys are this bad, then as far as the gender, it is irrelevant when it comes to making certain decisions about who is going to be in charge or not.
Now this I 100% agree with. We need to rid ourselves of thousands of years of male dominance. I mean until maybe 70 years ago in most cultures women were seen nothing more than than soft boys lol. I'm not sure many feminists realise what a deep issue they've latched onto. Look at the ratio of genders of the worlds richest CEOs of corporations, I think it's like 20:1, and that's where most of what of wrong with the planet is. Look at the ratio of politicians, or worse look at the ratio in the military or intelligence agencies, which is where most of the power lies.

I can't remember her name but one of US's intelligence oversight politicians who was female was so fed up with the corruption in the agencies she released some damning sensitive data recently. You had all the neocons and war hawks on the media coming on saying 'she a woman, she's just too emotional to be trusted' and other nonsense, a woman Is being weak, etc. I'd much rather have someone who got emotional over serious issues in charge than was stone cold dead to emotion when making important decisions. The daily show did a brilliant hilarious piece on this, first ridiculing the idea that she was weak, then showing clips of a host of mainstream male politicians crying in their campaign 'coz they loved America so much' and getting emotional to counter the idea that only women get emotional :D

I'll try find the clip maybe. [found it] http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/09yfp ... tled-women" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HghrSymmetry
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: ViewClearerFromAbove

Post by HghrSymmetry » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:58 am

Tis most passing strange. :|

Reading this thread would lead one to expect all males to be but maggots!

Surely ye would not include the gallant Symmetry is such a group!?

Protector of the innocent...
Avenger of the wronged...
Helper to the injured...
Defender of the attacked...

Such is the life of a warrior.

HghrSymmetry
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: ViewClearerFromAbove

Post by HghrSymmetry » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:03 pm

Acknowledged.

:flopsy:

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:40 pm

A-number wrote:No Paul, not all guys are crap. Not in the US anyway. Perhaps on the level of government, it's a majority. For example, when I was searching to find more about the inside story of 9/11, one of the really good documentaries mentioned the fact that there was an important office on one of the towers I forgot the name of it, it hosted some type of really really important governmental commission. This commission discovered that there was a hole of 2.3 trillions $ within the Defense budget that no one knows where it went or how it was used. this commision was set to go after the Patagon and forced them to explain what happened to that Large Sum. Well, :lol: , after 9/11 they were no more and no one was there to expose the robbers of that money. This is only a drop in the ocean.
Rumsfeld gave a public talk in which he was the first person to publically awknowledge this titanic multi billion (don't think it was trillion) accounting discrepancy two days before 9/11 happened, and said they were 'looking into it'. Then 9/11 happened, and it's rarely been brought up since.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:04 pm

Oi, leave him alone, the most profound quote I ever heard came out of Donalds mouth. *rolleyes*

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

A masterclass in obfuscation.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Post by zeuzzz » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:49 am

Anyone familiar with the zeigeist movement? I don't mean the first one with all the conspiracies in it, the third one, called 'moving forward' (22 million views). I think what Mckenna was getting at is that democracy has flaws as people are stupid and fall for all the crazy marketing and vote in the person based on superficial things such as looks or oratory skills, while remaining completely ignorant of their actual policies (which rarely cause major change to the status quo on the level we need). In moving forward they outline that scientists, engineers and experts need to be given power to steer society to more rational political and environmental decisions, ie, a resource based economy.

Which is what I think Mckenna meant when he says in this lecture ""The thing that was so great about the 60's, and is so frustrating about the 90's and modern times is that people do not get pissed off. You know I can can tell you this, and you can nod in agreement, but at some point the thing becomes so odious, so clearly intellectually bankrupt, so clearly toxic to any kind of human values that we can relate to that you just have to put yourself on the line. And I don't know when that moment will come, it's not for me to say, but at some point a switch will be turned in the unconscious; there's enough evidence, outrage and muddleheadedness and downright evil around that sooner or later we are going to have to confront it, otherwise this society is just a sinking submarine. And there is no way out unless people who really understand the gravity of the situation and the stakes make their voices heard.

Would this type of system theoretically work?