The Reconnection $$$$$$

A skeptical look at medical practices

The Reconnection $$$$$$

Post #1  Postby surrounded » Sun May 18, 2008 1:34 am

My friend (why are all my friends woos?) is now a practitioner of this, he did the training and swears this is a great new "healing modality".    The head honcho, Eric Pearl is making millions on the training alone.  He got endorsements from both Deepak C. AND John Edward so there must be some validity there. :roll:

http://www.thereconnection.com/
surrounded
Poster

Re: The Reconnection $$$$$$

Post #2  Postby Lance Kennedy » Mon May 19, 2008 11:51 pm

My question is why cannot I be a woo?  There is so damn much money in selling BS!!
Lance Kennedy
Super Skeptic
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post #3  Postby Wyrd » Tue May 20, 2008 12:06 am

Is this a sale pitch?
It is arguable that the success of business propaganda in persuading us, for so long that we are free from propaganda is one of the most significant propaganda achievements of the twentieth century.
Wyrd
Poster

Post #4  Postby Lance Kennedy » Tue May 20, 2008 1:10 am

Maybe.  What can I sell you?   I have a nice herbal remedy made by squeezing the juice out of lawn clippings.   Just $ 100 per bottle.  If I can use an alias, I will claim it cures anything you care to mention.
Lance Kennedy
Super Skeptic
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post #5  Postby prfctpatrn » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:36 pm

I am a trained scientist and also a practitioner of The Reconnection and other modalities. These two things are not inconsistant, but are actually quite sensible when you actually are a scientist and not a practitioner of SCIENTISM.  When science is practiced as a religion, it is no better than any other superstition.

The Reconnection as well as other so called "energy" modalities, produce results. The frequencies associated with the practice can and have been measured experimentally.

Heisenberg won a Noble Prize for noticing that our observation of phenomena actually changes the results. He never explained the phenomena but one possible explaination of his observed result, as well as so called "alternative" practices, is that our intention actual helps shape our perceived reality.

Hard science has been done in the area of alternative practices and the scientists involved despite, in some cases, decades long careers in hard science, cannot get their results published in peer reveiwed journals because the results validate the effectiveness of these practices.  Skeptics everywhere rejoice!  The proof you crave is kept hidden so your belief systems are kept safe from the truth.

Check out The Energy Healing Experiments by Dr. Gary Schwartz or Psychoenergetic Science by Dr. Bill Tiller. Dr. Tiller is the past chairman of the physics department of Stanford University. With over 250 published scientific article and 7 books, he is one scientist whose results cannot find a peer reviewed publisher.

As a side note, this supression of the truth is also found in allopathically focused medical journals. Anything that refutes the effectiveness of chemical medicine is suppressed. Orthomolecular Medicine, which is the treatment of disease with naturally occuring substances such as high dose vitamin therapy is kept out of mainstream journals. This is despite solid scientifically rigurous studies supporting this approach. Do you think that the pharmaceutical industry's undue influences over the medical establishment may be a factor?

In answer to a posted question: I have a graduate level education in Microbiology followed 10 years in the lab and in industry after which I moved on to the computer business. I am posting this not because it is anybody's business, but rather to advance the conversation. And what difference does it make anyway? It seems that weightless opinions hold sway here anyway. I have first hand knowledge of Dr. Tiller's studies in alternative practices being rejected for publication and you can take this up with him at tiller.org  Likewise, Gary Shwartz has had the same experience. If you want to discuss the problems of non-chemical medical approaches being suppressed, visit Dr. Andrew Saul's website. He is the the associate editor of the Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine. As I maintain at the top of my post that a true scientist is open to anything, not just what his small mind can get wrapped around.  The truth doesn;gt require your understanding to be what it is. Your understanding does not make it what it is or improve upon it. For the other poster who wants to speculate about my understanding of Heisenburg's Uncertainty Principle, I realize that the award was for work on the subatomic level, but the metaphysical implications are much broader.
Last edited by prfctpatrn on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
prfctpatrn

Post #6  Postby brauneyz » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:07 pm

Welcome prfctpatrn.  Please tell us what kind of scientist you are so what know who we are dealing with.

I make it a habit to try and guess if there is hidden meaning in one's chosen screen name.  Looks like 'perfect pattern' to me - are you perhaps a supporter of ID?  (I am not, but there are plenty of discussions here if you are interested.)

Or maybe you are a dressmaker.  .?   :mrgreen:
"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves." ~ Bertrand de Jouvenel
brauneyz
Persistent Poster

Post #7  Postby Lance Kennedy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:40 pm

To prfctptrcn

Have I an offer for you!
The healing powers via the reconnection fall squarely within the definition of psychic.   And retired stage magician James Randi has set aside US$ 1.1 million for anyone who can demonstrate psychic powers.  The only thing you have to do is demonstrate these psychic powers to a panel of stage magicians and trained scientists.   Of course, these guys know every con artists trick and cannot be fooled by a swindle.

However, we are confident that you are the real thing.   Go ahead and do the test and come away with over a million dollars.   And a successful test will generate oodles of publicity for your cause.

Keep us informed.   We will be delighted to see you succeed.   Of course, if you do not tell us of your success in winning the Randi Prize, we will know for sure that you, too, are nothing but a total con man.
Lance Kennedy
Super Skeptic
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post #8  Postby jcity » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:03 pm

prfctpatrn wrote:Heisenberg won a Noble Prize for noticing that our observation of phenomena actually changes the results. He never explained the phenomena but one possible explaination of his observed result, as well as so called "alternative" practices, is that our intention actual helps shape our perceived reality.

Though probably unintentional, as written your assertion is correct. Our intentions do sometimes shape our perceived reality, but not reality itself. If you mean the latter then you are trying to apply to macroscopic objects a phenomenon that is only significant for very tiny ones. And the phenomenon does have an intuitive explanation: if you want to measure something really tiny like an electron, then yes, your measurements do significantly disturb things. But shine a light on an apple so you can see it and the effect of those photons is pretty negligible.
"When someone says 'there ought to be a law...', there probably oughtn't." Penn Jillette
jcity
Regular Poster

Post #9  Postby landrew » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:04 pm

jcity wrote:
prfctpatrn wrote:Heisenberg won a Noble Prize for noticing that our observation of phenomena actually changes the results. He never explained the phenomena but one possible explaination of his observed result, as well as so called "alternative" practices, is that our intention actual helps shape our perceived reality.

Though probably unintentional, as written your assertion is correct. Our intentions do sometimes shape our perceived reality, but not reality itself. If you mean the latter then you are trying to apply to macroscopic objects a phenomenon that is only significant for very tiny ones. And the phenomenon does have an intuitive explanation: if you want to measure something really tiny like an electron, then yes, your measurements do significantly disturb things. But shine a light on an apple so you can see it and the effect of those photons is pretty negligible.

Convergence.
Convergence between higher physics and metaphysics is bound to happen if there's any truth in both of them.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.
landrew
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post #10  Postby jcity » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:25 pm

landrew wrote:Convergence between higher physics and metaphysics is bound to happen if there's any truth in both of them.

David Hume, for one, didn't think very highly of metaphysics.

If we take in our hand any volume; of divinity or school metaphysics, for instance; let us ask, Does it contain any abstract reasoning concerning quantity or number? No. Does it contain any experimental reasoning concerning matter of fact and existence? No. Commit it then to the flames: for it can contain nothing but sophistry and illusion.

The gazing populace receive greedily, without examination, whatever soothes superstition and promotes wonder.
"When someone says 'there ought to be a law...', there probably oughtn't." Penn Jillette
jcity
Regular Poster

Post #11  Postby landrew » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:52 pm

jcity wrote:
landrew wrote:Convergence between higher physics and metaphysics is bound to happen if there's any truth in both of them.

David Hume, for one, didn't think very highly of metaphysics.

If we take in our hand any volume; of divinity or school metaphysics, for instance; let us ask, Does it contain any abstract reasoning concerning quantity or number? No. Does it contain any experimental reasoning concerning matter of fact and existence? No. Commit it then to the flames: for it can contain nothing but sophistry and illusion.

The gazing populace receive greedily, without examination, whatever soothes superstition and promotes wonder.

I believe I'm completely covered by the qualifier, "if."
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.
landrew
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post #12  Postby surrounded » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:12 am

Funny how prfctptrn and other wooists often assert that "the truth is being suppressed".  I have to ask, how, and by whom?  Wanna see "reconnection" modality(love that word) in action?, it's on youtube and if that doesn't convince you it's a scam you can go to a live demo coming to a city near you.  The mainstream media loves to feature every new fad  "healing modality".  The reconnection website is hilarious, I especially liked the history of the thing (modality).  How the guru got his powers to perform such miracles, classic.
surrounded
Poster

Post #13  Postby landrew » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:24 am

surrounded wrote:Funny how prfctptrn and other wooists often assert that "the truth is being suppressed".  I have to ask, how, and by whom?  Wanna see "reconnection" modality(love that word) in action?, it's on youtube and if that doesn't convince you it's a scam you can go to a live demo coming to a city near you.  The mainstream media loves to feature every new fad  "healing modality".  The reconnection website is hilarious, I especially liked the history of the thing (modality).  How the guru got his powers to perform such miracles, classic.

What exactly is a wooist? Someone without firm conclusions? Wouldn't that kind of skepticism deserve a better name than that?
landrew
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post #14  Postby surrounded » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:02 am

A wooist is a devotee of wooism.
surrounded
Poster

Post #15  Postby JJM » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:16 pm

landrew wrote:What exactly is a wooist? Someone without firm conclusions? Wouldn't that kind of skepticism deserve a better name than that?
Sure, someone without firm conclusions is "lame-brained."
JJM
Veteran Poster

Post #16  Postby surrounded » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:36 pm

Actually wooists usually have quite firm conclusions, amusingly.
surrounded
Poster

Post #17  Postby landrew » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:48 pm

JJM wrote:
landrew wrote:What exactly is a wooist? Someone without firm conclusions? Wouldn't that kind of skepticism deserve a better name than that?

How about "skeptic?"

It seems to me, being too sure of yourself is a recipe for being an idiot.
landrew
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post #18  Postby JJM » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:15 pm

landrew wrote:
JJM wrote:

How about "skeptic?" {snip}
Skeptics ask questions before forming opinions.  

It is cynics that do not believe anything.  (They contribute nothing to discourse.)  

Maybe Shirley McLaine is right, and you only exist in her mind.  Maybe I will drop something at home and it will fall up under the influence of gravity.  Maybe David Icke is right- the world is run by reptilians who come from inside the earth, the surface of Earth, or are extraterrestrial (one can never be too sure).  Maybe the US economy is in great shape and George WMD Bush did not order the invasion of a harmless country.  Maybe ice forms/melts at 40F (at 1 atm pressure).  Maybe the movie star of your dreams will approach you tomorrow and offer to satisfy your every fantasy.  

From your point of view, it seems, these things are likely to happen or to be true.  I think the evidence is overwhelmingly against those things.
JJM
Veteran Poster

Post #19  Postby landrew » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:43 pm

JJM wrote:
landrew wrote:
JJM wrote:

How about "skeptic?" {snip}
Skeptics ask questions before forming opinions.  

It is cynics that do not believe anything.  (They contribute nothing to discourse.)  

Maybe Shirley McLaine is right, and you only exist in her mind.  Maybe I will drop something at home and it will fall up under the influence of gravity.  Maybe David Icke is right- the world is run by reptilians who come from inside the earth, the surface of Earth, or are extraterrestrial (one can never be too sure).  Maybe the US economy is in great shape and George WMD Bush did not order the invasion of a harmless country.  Maybe ice forms/melts at 40F (at 1 atm pressure).  Maybe the movie star of your dreams will approach you tomorrow and offer to satisfy your every fantasy.  

From your point of view, it seems, these things are likely to happen or to be true.  I think the evidence is overwhelmingly against those things.

This is familiar ground again...
Cynics choose the negative position; skeptics choose the neutral one. Idiots choose the positive option when knowledge is insufficient to do so.

I fully respect your right to disagree, but that's how I define these terms.
landrew
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post #20  Postby bigtim » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:32 am

surrounded wrote:...Deepak C. AND John Edward ...

Oh yeah, they're a bastion of science...
~
BigTim
"I'm not entirely convinced that ValHalla isn't real."
bigtim
Skeptical Berserker
Perpetual Poster

Post #21  Postby José » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:14 pm

I'm either a sceptical cynic or a cynical sceptic, but sometimes I'm just sceptical, whilst at other times I'm purely cynical, it all depends on the subject matter under consideration.

As with optimism vs pessimism, I believe pessimists have more good days.
Not sure about cynicism vs scepticism. :scratch:

Maybe cynics have more good days because they don't waste time considering?
ABC estimated Al Gore has made more than $100 million off of global warming speeches and companies in the last 7 years.
José
Sceptical old git.
Poster

Post #22  Postby landrew » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:43 pm

bigtim wrote:
surrounded wrote:...Deepak C. AND John Edward ...

Oh yeah, they're a bastion of science...

Who's to judge, but whether the future will prove them wrong or right?
I never saw an open mind cause anyone's brain to fall out.
landrew
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post #23  Postby landrew » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:45 pm

José wrote:I'm either a sceptical cynic or a cynical sceptic, but sometimes I'm just sceptical, whilst at other times I'm purely cynical, it all depends on the subject matter under consideration.

I think optimists and pessimists both miss the mark more often than the guy in the middle, whom I call "the realist."

The cynic doesn't even bother to make an educated guess, his conclusions are already made.

The skeptic sees the value in postponing a conclusion long enough to form a better one.
landrew
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post #24  Postby José » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:55 pm

landrew wrote:
José wrote:I'm either a sceptical cynic or a cynical sceptic, but sometimes I'm just sceptical, whilst at other times I'm purely cynical, it all depends on the subject matter under consideration.

I think optimists and pessimists both miss the mark more often than the guy in the middle, whom I call "the realist."

The cynic doesn't even bother to make an educated guess, his conclusions are already made.

The skeptic sees the value in postponing a conclusion long enough to form a better one.
Pessimist or realist, I won't win the lottery, mainly because I don't buy tickets, but if I did, I'd know the chance is slim to none of winning.
If the weather is fine tomorow, I'll be a happy pessimist, mainly because I don't think it will be, even though the meteorologist says it should be.

My cynicism comes to the fore when I hear/read the same idiotic statement or claim that has long been proven false, because there's absolutely no reason whatsoever in wasting time considering it.
I'm cynical when told lies or bother to consider the findings of Al Gore.
ABC estimated Al Gore has made more than $100 million off of global warming speeches and companies in the last 7 years.
José
Sceptical old git.
Poster

Post #25  Postby Lance Kennedy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:17 pm

The reconnection was supposed to have been discovered when its founder, who was a chiropractor, discovered that he could get the same curative result if he actually did not touch his patients - just held his hands over them.

That is probably exactly what happened.   People who have researched chiropracty have found that it does not actually matter which massage you use.  All you have to do is convince the patient that you are about to cure them, and apply some kind of massage, chosen at random, and there is a good chance symptoms will reduce.   Chiropractors never 'cure' their patients - just make them feel better - which is an excellent way to get repeat business.   The whole thing is just like acupuncture and homeopathy, in that the results are due 100% to suggestion.

So if any kind of massage will work - just needing patient belief - then waving your hands over the skin without touching will also work - as long as the patient believes.
Lance Kennedy
Super Skeptic
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post #26  Postby brauneyz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:55 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:So if any kind of massage will work - just needing patient belief - then waving your hands over the skin without touching will also work - as long as the patient believes.

So, just to interject a little socio/political strife here, let me say, as an American currently not receiving health benefits through my employer, how friggin' thrilled I am that some insurance policies cover this stuff.  Man, if I could only get someone else to foot the bill, I'd be taking those weekly massages too.   :mrgreen:

Oh, my aching back...   No problem missy, we've got you covered, my arse.   :wink:
"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves." ~ Bertrand de Jouvenel
brauneyz
Persistent Poster

Post #27  Postby José » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:28 am

brauneyz wrote:Oh, my aching back...
Find a good osteopath, no mystical hand waving, no potions, just good science and it won't break the bank.

Having said that, good osteos are not easy to find.
José
Sceptical old git.
Poster

Post #28  Postby OlegTheBatty » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:09 pm

brauneyz wrote:
Lance Kennedy wrote:So if any kind of massage will work - just needing patient belief - then waving your hands over the skin without touching will also work - as long as the patient believes.

So, just to interject a little socio/political strife here, let me say, as an American currently not receiving health benefits through my employer, how friggin' thrilled I am that some insurance policies cover this stuff.  Man, if I could only get someone else to foot the bill, I'd be taking those weekly massages too.   :mrgreen:

Oh, my aching back...   No problem missy, we've got you covered, my arse.   :wink:

Yeeesh! What kind of man would charge a lady for a massage?
In any great organization it is far, far safer to be wrong with the majority than to be right alone. — John Kenneth Galbraith
OlegTheBatty
Uppity Atheist
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post #29  Postby brauneyz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:14 pm

José wrote:
Find a good osteopath, no mystical hand waving, no potions, just good science and it won't break the bank.

Having said that, good osteos are not easy to find.

Jose, I was actually just engaging in hyperbole to stress my point about chiro and healthcare scams.  Who wouldn't love a free massage?  Thank you for your concern though.

(My back health is superb.  I used to teach yoga and have incorporated many aspects of fitness - aerobic, strength/conditioning/, and flexibility into my life for so long, I think a bout of bad health would do me in.  Patient I'm not!  :twisted: )
brauneyz
Persistent Poster

Post #30  Postby brauneyz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:43 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:Yeeesh! What kind of man would charge a lady for a massage?

Some flaming American capitalist, no doubt.   :wink:
brauneyz
Persistent Poster

Post #31  Postby JJM » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:49 pm

José wrote:
It is difficult for me to be sure; but in many places outside the USA osteopaths are quacks, just like chiropractors in (and out) of the USA.  Do you have good information that DOs are legitimate in Spain?
JJM
Veteran Poster

Post #32  Postby landrew » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:26 pm

What happened to freedom of choice?  If people are satisfied with the services non-medical practitioners provide, who else should interfere, declare judgment and try to shut them down?  

It seems to me that if someone is bilked, they should be able to prove it in court. This should apply to any type of service, even conventional medicine. Why should we pass laws to interfere with supply and demand?
landrew
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post #33  Postby JJM » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:17 pm

landrew wrote:{snip} It seems to me that if someone is bilked, they should be able to prove it in court. {snip}
According to you, nothing can be proven.  Thus, you suggest a difficult-to-meet standard.  

Then there is the problem that we do not like courts to decide scientific questions.  Chiros bilk people with regular "maintenance adjustments."  If you take such a case to court, you will find that said adjustments are the standard of practice for that licensed cult, and you will lose.  

Journalists Paul Benedetti and Wayne MacPhail wrote a book "Spin Doctors" (Dundurn, 2002) about their investigations of chiro.  They took a healthy girl to five DCs, one said she was fine, three said she needed regular adjustments, one said she was in immediate need of a $5,000 series of adjustments to prevent problems in later life.  The $5,000 guy is as immune from prosecution as the "she's fine" guy, despite the fact that a pediatrician could establish that the former was factually incorrect.  While we know the pediatrician's facts won't persuade you, one of the chiros must be wrong.  

Think about it- can it be simultaneously true that the girl is healthy and she is not?  Sometimes one must acknowledge facts.  I'll give you a hint- on Earth, nothing falls up under the influence of gravity.
JJM
Veteran Poster

Post #34  Postby OlegTheBatty » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:47 pm

brauneyz wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:Yeeesh! What kind of man would charge a lady for a massage?

Some flaming American capitalist, no doubt.   :wink:

A woman receiving a massage is a Goddess to be pampered and adored. What right
thinking Goddess would sully her adoration by paying a mere mortal?

Oh, sure, you could BUY some ersatz massage. It might even be ok.
A great massage is freely given; an act of love and devotion (true, even if he's never met her before).    :wink:  :mrgreen:
In any great organization it is far, far safer to be wrong with the majority than to be right alone. — John Kenneth Galbraith
OlegTheBatty
Uppity Atheist
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post #35  Postby Lance Kennedy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:49 pm

landrew said :

"What happened to freedom of choice?"

We have never actually had complete freedom of choice and nor should we - that being anarchy.

Here in NZ we have an Act of Parliament known as the Fair Trading Act which makes it illegal for a supplier of goods and services to make claims for their wares that are factually wrong.  ie. they are not permitted to advertise lies.  If caught, they can be fined heavily or end up in prison.  I consider this law to be a good one.

If a chiropractor makes claims that are factually wrong, that person in theory can end up in prison.   Has not happened yet, but I look forward to the day.

Freedom of choice is a privilege - not a right - and should be permitted only when that freedom does not harm others.
Lance Kennedy
Super Skeptic
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post #36  Postby landrew » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:03 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:landrew said :

"What happened to freedom of choice?"

We have never actually had complete freedom of choice and nor should we - that being anarchy.

Here in NZ we have an Act of Parliament known as the Fair Trading Act which makes it illegal for a supplier of goods and services to make claims for their wares that are factually wrong.  ie. they are not permitted to advertise lies.  If caught, they can be fined heavily or end up in prison.  I consider this law to be a good one.

If a chiropractor makes claims that are factually wrong, that person in theory can end up in prison.   Has not happened yet, but I look forward to the day.

Freedom of choice is a privilege - not a right - and should be permitted only when that freedom does not harm others.

If a medical doctor makes the claim that expensive surgery and prescription drugs are  the only treatment for a condition, and a chiropractor claims it can be cured with a simple adjustment of the spine, who is making fraudulent claims? Shouldn't the results do all the talking?
landrew
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post #37  Postby JJM » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:41 pm

landrew wrote:If a medical doctor makes the claim that expensive surgery and prescription drugs are the only treatment for a condition, and a chiropractor claims it can be cured with a simple adjustment of the spine, who is making fraudulent claims?
The chiro.  

landrew wrote:Shouldn't the results do all the talking?
Is there any support for the chiro claim for results?  No!    Hypotheticals, and patriotism, are the last bastions of scoundrels.  You do not have high-quality data showing that chiros treat any condition better than health-care professionals (or masseurs).  

Your questions are moot.
JJM
Veteran Poster

Post #38  Postby Lance Kennedy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:02 am

landrew
There has been a lot of work done by medical researchers into chiropracty.   Results indicate that all therapeutic benefits are due to the power of suggestion.   If a medical doctor applies a proper remedy to an ailment, then we get both therapeutic effect and power of suggestion working together.

Why the hell would anyone want to consult a chiropractor, knowing this truth?
Lance Kennedy
Super Skeptic
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post #39  Postby landrew » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:09 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:landrew
There has been a lot of work done by medical researchers into chiropracty.   Results indicate that all therapeutic benefits are due to the power of suggestion.   If a medical doctor applies a proper remedy to an ailment, then we get both therapeutic effect and power of suggestion working together.

Why the hell would anyone want to consult a chiropractor, knowing this truth?

You want everyone to take that at face value?  It seems to me a fraudulent claim is determined by the outcome, not by the opinions of someone in competition with it.
landrew
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post #40  Postby Lance Kennedy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:47 am

landrew
You would be well served by readin the following :

http://www.quackwatch.org/search/webgli ... iropractor

This details a lot of work on chiropracty - some proper medical research and some of lesser rigour.   Does not matter since they all show the same end result.   No effectiveness apart from suggestion.
Lance Kennedy
Super Skeptic
Has More Than 5K Posts

Next

Return to Healthcare