This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

General discussion on the subject of religion, losing religion, and having no religion to lose...
Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26765
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:50 pm

gorgeous wrote:[---------------doesn't mean God kills....natural deaths
Which "God" are you talking about Gorgeous. Do you believe in a "God?"
Which "God" is that?

Have you forgotten which "God" you believe in?
:lol:

User avatar
Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:56 pm
Custom Title: Deep

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Scott Mayers » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:17 pm

Matthew, I would like to actually discuss these with you but here might be off topic. We could do another thread on this in the future.

On "Sacrifice", I have a conjecture theory on this that I posted here a long while ago and began from CFI. It too is rational. In fact, sacrifice was NOT originally for some 'god'. It is a formal arrangement at the temple (another extended theory I have) that deals with assuring contracts. Just for simplicity, it is basically like how gangs might initiate their members by requiring they commit a crime to be sure they demonstrate that 'sacrifice' and binds the group in a stronger faith than even most contracts. They would have done this though in negotiations between tribes or individuals at the temple. If I want to bind a contract with you, we negotiate what is most valuable to me but NOT of significance to your gain and vice versa. Then we sincerely sacrifice in a binding agreement that needs no other formal means other than in the face of 'god' (nature).
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26765
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:35 pm

Scott Mayers wrote: On "Sacrifice", I have a conjecture theory on this that I posted here a long while ago and began from CFI. It too is rational. In fact, sacrifice was NOT originally for some 'god'.
That's right. The first example of a devotion gift (sacrifice) detailing evolved innate "equity theory" was to nature 60,000 years ago in Shanidar Iran. "Gods" hadn't arisen as "Gods" yet.
http://science.sciencemag.org/content/190/4217/880

Scott Mayers wrote:It is a formal arrangement at the temple that deals with assuring contracts.
No. Equity theory in human behaviour has been well established. Chimpanzees and humans both experience the same innate behaviour. It's millions of years old and way before buildings like temples.

Humans "innately believe" they will get something back if they give something away.
God sacrificed Jesus....for our ongoing benefit.
I throw salt over my shoulder if I spill the salt,
A Roman ship captain will sacrifice a goat to Neptune to ensure a safe journey,
A person will put another 10c in a slot machine ....because this time "it must pay me back".
I leave a beer and cake for Santa.....so he will leave me gifts,
If I drink a little poison then homeopathy will reward me with good health
If I go to church on each Sunday....god has to reward me,

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26765
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:45 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Have you ever actually read the Bible?
Angel wrote:You have your perception and I have mine.
Do you perceive that you have actually read the bible? Yes or No?
Angel wrote:Words do not always hold the same meaning for all.
What else can "read the bible" mean? Either you have read it or you haven't.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19792
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:48 am

Angel wrote:You have your perception and I have mine.


Interpreted: "No."
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26765
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:54 am

Angel wrote: I ...........then read in the bible that the first fruits are to be given back to the earth. Farmers don't even do this anymore. Probably why their land is drying up.


That's not in the bible.

(Ezekiel 44:30)
And the first of all the first fruits of all kinds, and every offering of all kinds from all your offerings, shall belong to the priests. You shall also give to the priests the first of your dough, that a blessing may rest on your house.


Leviticus 23:10-14)
“Speak to the people of Israel and say to them, When you come into the land that I give you and reap its harvest, you shall bring the sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest to the priest,


What "Bible" did you read your quote in?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26765
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:00 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote: Interpreted: "No."
This a very weird thread. The two people who say they believe in "God", Gorgeous and Angel can't even work out or confirm which "God" they believe in, or offer any quotes from the actual Bible that match their claims about what "god" said. :D

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Angel » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:59 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote: I ...........then read in the bible that the first fruits are to be given back to the earth. Farmers don't even do this anymore. Probably why their land is drying up.


That's not in the bible.

(Ezekiel 44:30)
And the first of all the first fruits of all kinds, and every offering of all kinds from all your offerings, shall belong to the priests. You shall also give to the priests the first of your dough, that a blessing may rest on your house.


Leviticus 23:10-14)
“Speak to the people of Israel and say to them, When you come into the land that I give you and reap its harvest, you shall bring the sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest to the priest,


What "Bible" did you read your quote in?


It's with the part where farmers are told
to give the corners of the fields to the
poor and the travelers.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Angel » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:03 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote: Interpreted: "No."
This a very weird thread. The two people who say they believe in "God", Gorgeous and Angel can't even work out or confirm which "God" they believe in, or offer any quotes from the actual Bible that match their claims about what "god" said. :D


Did I Quote the bible?
Hmm~ what's that word they made
up for non~ direct quotes?
Oh ya~ paraphrase.
Do u believe everything u read?
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Angel » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:04 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Angel wrote:You have your perception and I have mine.


Interpreted: "No."


Whaaa u got my perception now? 0.o*
:lol:
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Angel » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:06 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:Have you ever actually read the Bible?
Angel wrote:You have your perception and I have mine.
Do you perceive that you have actually read the bible? Yes or No?
Angel wrote:Words do not always hold the same meaning for all.
What else can "read the bible" mean? Either you have read it or you haven't.


Lots of it.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19792
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:37 pm

I wonder if Angel thinks I don't know how the ignore function works...
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26765
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:12 pm

Angel wrote:Did I Quote the bible?
Definitely not.
Angel wrote:Hmm~ what's that word they made up for non~ direct quotes? paraphrase.
Fabricating evidence because your "quote" is neither in the Bible nor matches anything the Bible says.

I strongly suggest you read the actual Bible before lecturing us, who have read the Bible, on its contents. :D

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Angel » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:49 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote:Did I Quote the bible?
Definitely not.
Angel wrote:Hmm~ what's that word they made up for non~ direct quotes? paraphrase.
Fabricating evidence because your "quote" is neither in the Bible nor matches anything the Bible says.

I strongly suggest you read the actual Bible before lecturing us, who have read the Bible, on its contents. :D


Hahaha :lol: :lol:
Lecturing? !,!
Maybe I'm testing your knowledge?
If I tell you everything then I won't
know if you actually know anything lol
After all you peeps claim to know so much.
You boast of good works that you do.
You needn't get overly emotional about
words . You claim to know the bible soooo
well and yet you seem to lack his peace~
do u not comprehend the bible?
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Angel » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:53 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:I wonder if Angel thinks I don't know how the ignore function works...


Oh no~ I imagine you know how
to use it quite well.

I wonder if you go ~ lalalalal....
real loud when u push the button.
Like when u stick ur fingers in ur ears
& go lalalalal ~ I can't hear u!!!! Hehehe
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7815
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby nmblum88 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:30 pm

Angel wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:I wonder if Angel thinks I don't know how the ignore function works...


Oh no~ I imagine you know how
to use it quite well.

I wonder if you go ~ lalalalal....
real loud when u push the button.
Like when u stick ur fingers in ur ears
& go lalalalal ~ I can't hear u!!!! Hehehe


Angel... you can thank your god: you have lucked out here.

Surrounded by "skeptics" rather than atheists you can be indulged (as well as indulge) the nattering about god as evil or not evil or anything in between.
.
No atheists would ever be available for such a waste of human intellect: what doesn't exist can't have "qualities"... good, bad or indifferent.
Or trying to prove the unprovable.
So what does it all mean?
Stick to the Skeptics and you will always have a niche from which to write your poetry?



NMB

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26765
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:17 pm

Angel wrote:Did I Quote the bible?
Matthew Ellard wrote: Definitely not.
Angel wrote:Hmm~ what's that word they made up for non~ direct quotes? paraphrase.
Fabricating evidence because your "quote" is neither in the Bible nor matches anything the Bible says. I strongly suggest you read the actual Bible before lecturing us, who have read the Bible, on its contents. :D

Angel wrote:Maybe I'm testing your knowledge?
Making up Bible stories is not testing someone else's knowledge. It simply means you are a Christian who hasn't bothered to read the Bible.
Angel wrote:If I tell you everything then I won't know if you actually know anything
I will wait for you to get one fact right before bothering to answer this question.

Angel wrote:You claim to know the bible soooo well and yet you seem to lack his peace~
I have also read Mein Kampf, by Adolf Hitler. It does not mean I believe what Adolf Hitler wrote.

May I ask, what "peace" does your "God" bring when that same "God" murdered every man, woman and innocent child on Earth in the Flood. Your "god" threatens you with violence and that's why you Christians pretend to behave.

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Angel » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:55 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote:Did I Quote the bible?
Matthew Ellard wrote: Definitely not.
Angel wrote:Hmm~ what's that word they made up for non~ direct quotes? paraphrase.
Fabricating evidence because your "quote" is neither in the Bible nor matches anything the Bible says. I strongly suggest you read the actual Bible before lecturing us, who have read the Bible, on its contents. :D

Angel wrote:Maybe I'm testing your knowledge?
Making up Bible stories is not testing someone else's knowledge. It simply means you are a Christian who hasn't bothered to read the Bible.
Angel wrote:If I tell you everything then I won't know if you actually know anything
I will wait for you to get one fact right before bothering to answer this question.

Angel wrote:You claim to know the bible soooo well and yet you seem to lack his peace~
I have also read Mein Kampf, by Adolf Hitler. It does not mean I believe what Adolf Hitler wrote.

May I ask, what "peace" does your "God" bring when that same "God" murdered every man, woman and innocent child on Earth in the Flood. Your "god" threatens you with violence and that's why you Christians pretend to behave.


Please refrain from making up stories
about me. Stick to the facts.
God gave dominion to mankind ~ it's up to
mankind to dominate themselves ~ not God.
Everybody knows it only takes two people
to be in agreement to manipulate God into
getting what they want.
Go blame somebody else for the evil people
do on their own. If u put a quarter in a candy
machine ~ do u get mad at the machine
for what u get? lol

Oh ya ~ the peace of silence.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Angel » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:06 am

nmblum88 wrote:
Angel wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:I wonder if Angel thinks I don't know how the ignore function works...


Oh no~ I imagine you know how
to use it quite well.

I wonder if you go ~ lalalalal....
real loud when u push the button.
Like when u stick ur fingers in ur ears
& go lalalalal ~ I can't hear u!!!! Hehehe


Angel... you can thank your god: you have lucked out here.

Surrounded by "skeptics" rather than atheists you can be indulged (as well as indulge) the nattering about god as evil or not evil or anything in between.
.
No atheists would ever be available for such a waste of human intellect: what doesn't exist can't have "qualities"... good, bad or indifferent.
Or trying to prove the unprovable.
So what does it all mean?
Stick to the Skeptics and you will always have a niche from which to write your poetry?

NMB


What is still to come has the greatest
qualities unimaginable. That's why it is still
yet to come. History repeats itself in hopes
of improving rather than disappearing .
What do skeptics really have to offer a
homeless person? Hope? Hahaha
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26765
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:21 am

Angel wrote: Please refrain from making up stories about me. Stick to the facts.


Fact No 1#
Angel wrote:God gave dominion to mankind
Which God? Yaweh from the Bible? Shiva? Oden? Zeuzzz? You don't seem able to say which "God" you actually believe in.

Fact No 2#
Angel wrote: Everybody knows it only takes two people to be in agreement to manipulate God into getting what they want.
So the millions of innocent people, who "God" murdered in the flood couldn't reach an agreement to ask "God" to stop murdering them? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Fact No 3#
Angel wrote: If u put a quarter in a candy machine ~ do u get mad at the machine for what u get?
So you think a a random candy is as significant as your "God" murdering millions of innocent humans during the flood.

Wow. You Christians must really hate innocent humans.
:D

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26765
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:27 am

Angel wrote: What do skeptics really have to offer a homeless person? Hope? Hahaha


Err no. That would be the Department of Public Housing.

Skeptics offer a "tool box" of logical analytical critical thinking tools, for members of the public, to use when assessing claims. Didn't you know? :D

The Skeptic Society Manifesto
http://www.skeptic.com/about_us/manifesto/

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Angel » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:28 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote: Please refrain from making up stories about me. Stick to the facts.


Fact No 1#
Angel wrote:God gave dominion to mankind
Which God? Yaweh from the Bible? Shiva? Oden? Zeuzzz? You don't seem able to say which "God" you actually believe in.

Fact No 2#
Angel wrote: Everybody knows it only takes two people to be in agreement to manipulate God into getting what they want.
So the millions of innocent people, who "God" murdered in the flood couldn't reach an agreement to ask "God" to stop murdering them? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Fact No 3#
Angel wrote: If u put a quarter in a candy machine ~ do u get mad at the machine for what u get?
So you think a a random candy is as significant as your "God" murdering millions of innocent humans during the flood.

Wow. You Christians must really hate innocent humans.
:D


Please stop making up stories~ I'm not Christian.

Find the true source of any disaster and
it's always a human.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26765
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:32 am

Angel wrote: Please stop making up stories~ I'm not Christian.
Three days ago you said God made Adam and Eve in his own image. Unless you are Jewish, that really only leaves Christianity.

Angel wrote:God doesn't tell me to read the bible often but when he does ~ it's totally worth it
Nice try, but you're Christian. I know it's embarrassing, but you're Christian. :lol:
Last edited by Matthew Ellard on Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Angel » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:34 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote: What do skeptics really have to offer a homeless person? Hope? Hahaha


Err no. That would be the Department of Public Housing.

Skeptics offer a "tool box" of logical analytical critical thinking tools, for members of the public, to use when assessing claims. Didn't you know? :D

The Skeptic Society Manifesto
http://www.skeptic.com/about_us/manifesto/


After 10 yrs ~ I still haven't found any
useful tools here.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26765
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:37 am

Angel wrote: After 10 yrs ~ I still haven't found any useful tools here.
Then, unless you are only here to troll our skeptic posts, seeking attention, go away. This is the wrong forum for you, isn't it? :D

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Angel » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:39 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote: Please stop making up stories~ I'm not Christian.
Three days ago you said God made Adam and Eve in his own image. Unless you are Jewish, that really only leaves Christianity.

Nice try, but you're Christian. I know it's embarrassing, but you're Christian.
:lol:


Not I. I say God created first man in his own
image. Adam from diet & Eve from Adam's
rib. What does the things I say have to do
with being a Christian ? I don't embarrass as its
so a waste of time. What is shame?
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Angel » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:41 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote: After 10 yrs ~ I still haven't found any useful tools here.
Then, unless you are only here to troll our skeptic posts, seeking attention, go away. This is the wrong forum for you, isn't it? :D


It's like digging for a treasure but for me the
treasure is knowledge. I so enjoy words.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26765
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Christian believe in "the Christ".

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:36 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: Nice try, but you're Christian. I know it's embarrassing, but you're Christian. :lol:
Angel wrote:Not I. I say God created first man in his own image. Adam from diet & Eve from Adam's rib. What does the things I say have to do with being a Christian ?
You really don't know anything about the Bible at all, do you? "God" made Adam in the Christian ( and Jewish religion). There is no "God" or "Adam or Eve" in any other religion. You are a Christian.

Angel wrote:Especially since Jesus took their sins so they believe they get to go to heaven anyway.
This is going to be hilarious. Now Jesus is also known as "the Christ" and followers of Jesus are called "Christians".

Did it never occur to you for a nano-second that you follow Christ and are therefore a Christian?

User avatar
busterggi
Regular Poster
Posts: 871
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:36 pm
Custom Title: General Weirdness
Location: New Britain, CT

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby busterggi » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:08 pm

Dammit Matthew - he's a Christian, ignorance is one of their virtues.

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7815
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby nmblum88 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:31 pm

busterggi wrote:Dammit Matthew - he's a Christian, ignorance is one of their virtues.



Would that Christians held the franchise on ignorance!
We would ALL suffer so much less disappointment in folks that we imagine are our cohorts, friends and even lovers.

But that aside, have you ever considered changing you affiliation?
For instance if you could bring yourself to register as an atheist, you would immediately be freed from wasting your time, and raising your blood pressure on the nature of god: is he evil, is he good, does he have an eye on you, does he know your internet history? Does he care whether you rape and pillage, or does he enjoy watching the mayhem caused by his creation? Does he punish and reward?

And for obvious reason: the bona fide atheist has no such concerns, no such worries, doesn't feel called upon to get into hopeless ( i.e.not particularly sparkling with intelligence or persuasive ) arguments with believers.
Because to the atheists there IS NO GOD... NO GOD.
Ergo no possible attributables; no qualities, good, bad or indifferent.
No possible supernatural presence on earth or in the sky.
No nothing with control over anything, anywhere, anyhow.
No Daddy with a plan for our futures, individual or collective.
Of course the atheist does have curiosity about the skeptic passion for looking for the angels so that they can play at shooting them r down.
And failing at it....
Seems like a enormous waste of time.
Angel, for instance seems to exhibit nothing but equanimity, and her adversary sounds more and more like a well,, like an hysteric.. caught in a net of his own making.
Norma Manna Blum
P.S. There is absolutely no record here of anyone's mind being changed about anything by anybody: maybe because everybody has been screaming, into deaf ears, as if they were on stage for a third rate opera company.

NMB

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10527
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby OlegTheBatty » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:18 pm

nmblum88 wrote:P.S. There is absolutely no record here of anyone's mind being changed about anything by anybody: maybe because everybody has been screaming, into deaf ears, as if they were on stage for a third rate opera company.

NMB

No record that I know of, but I have often learned from posters here. Sometimes by what they write, sometimes by doing the research necessary to refute them. In the latter case, I've often discovered that I was laboring under a misconception; sometimes that we both were.

But, I don't trumpet that, so I am not surprised that you were unaware.


PS. What's with the nihilistic barbs lately? Surely you are aware that your ignorance of my purpose does not mean that I do not have one, nor that I am not realizing it.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11042
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:22 pm

Ha, ha...what nmb is "really" saying is that he/her/its mind has never been changed..... for the reasons given.

Its psychological: people project their own values/experiences into vague situations.

btw: I have seen several, not many but several, examples of people declaring they have changed their minds...or more often, learned something. I know I've done it....but more often as Oleg posts: by being motivated to google a bit. Always rewarding...and almost alway learning even if my position was more right than wrong. Gotta love the google.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4209
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby gorgeous » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:14 pm

several people have told me their mind was changed by my posts...they never believed in conspiracies or that 911 was an inside job or the illum exists...now they do...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26765
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:52 am

gorgeous wrote:several people have told me their mind was changed by my posts........
However, not one person from our Skeptic forum, which leaves the fascinating question, what other forum do you post your repetitive propaganda on? :D

https://forum.davidicke.com/ ?
http://www.spiritualforums.com ?
vnnforum.com ?

Can you post a link so, we see evidence of you changing someone's mind? :lol:

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7815
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby nmblum88 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:26 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote: (Drunkards are very silly people)

nmblum88 wrote: Yawn...Get some new material,....
Norma. You are an elderly drunken troll, seeking attention.. In your last inebriated post you claimed to be better than me because you were taller than me, without knowing how tall I am. You then, through your alcoholic haze, made up an entire quote from my dead father....
nmblum88, in her last post wrote:Has it ever occurred to you that your father might have been right: that you are programmed by character and competence to fail at everything you try?
You simply made that up as you were drunk as a skunk. :lol:

You have no interest in the topic of this thread and are simply following me around like Sweetpea did before he left. I don't care if you are drunk or senile, but you should really not embarrass yourself by leaving these "out of it" posts for everyone to read. :lol:



LOL.. I may have to rest my case:
Sweet Pea was following you around? Was Sweet Pea snooping in your Amazon lingerie purchases too?
That would be awful... smacking even of perversion.
Did you contact the Macadamia Thought Police?


Now Matthew, try to keep you tendency to hysterical outbursts to some manageable level.
After all, there is no longer a Daddy or Mummy around to see to it that you need one of those "tweaking" you've spoken of, that allow you with the help of professionals, to function as if you are moderately normal.

So listen here:

It is my considered opinion that this is, from the perspective of a skeptical mind, a very foolish thread.
Because your conviction, Mathew, so often stated and with extreme impatience for the opinions of others,,, not to mention a distinct lack of charm...
is that there is no god..
Well said, Matthew!!
We are entirely in agreement: we both do not believe that a ubiquitous, all knowing, all powerful god exists.
In fact we both don't believe in any god at al.
However that does pose a problem for the debunking or even inquiring into the NATURE of the non -existent god.
Without an existence there can be no qualities, ergo no "nature."
How to be good, or evil, or murderous, or even ridiculous if one doesn't exist.

And lastly Matthew, this is a Forum, it is not recess at your kindergarten.
There is no "following around" here; participants respond to what and to whom they wish to respond: , positively, negatively, admiringly, critically..
Who should know better than you, the Scourge of Sydney what has responded to almost anything and everything including to things you know virtually nothing about..
However, should you have an objection to my responding to what attracts my attention .... please feel free to complain to the moderator.
OR, you can get a lawyer.

Norma Manna Blum

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7815
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby nmblum88 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:41 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
gorgeous wrote:several people have told me their mind was changed by my posts........
However, not one person from our Skeptic forum, which leaves the fascinating question, what other forum do you post your repetitive propaganda on? :D

https://forum.davidicke.com/ ?
http://www.spiritualforums.com ?
vnnforum.com ?

Can you post a link so, we see evidence of you changing someone's mind? :lol:



More nonsense... overkill.
Over responsiveness: gorgeous can hardly be engaged in propaganda unless you think that someone, anyone, here is likely to turn into a religious aberrant because of one of gorgeous' posts.
Perhaps you are jealous, Matthew?
After all no religious person of the many that come in here to express themselves and have been assailed by your amazing logic and powers for debate has ever had a change of mind.
Not one has even backed down .
Not one has ever paid attention to your bizarre shrieks of "Go away!! Get out of here!!" s .
::Sigh:: Poor little fella, failed again..
In fact you seem to attract more religious banter than anything else.

More fact: the religious are indebted to you for providing a platform for their fervor.
Much the way you have provided a platform for the Holocaust deniers by intruding yourself in a subject and a history for which you were entirely unprepared.
Matthew .. you could actually be the Patrol Saint of Religious Believers.
And Holocaust Disbelievers.
Quo Vadis, ,Matthew?
What next?

Norma Manna Blum

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7815
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby nmblum88 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:59 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote: (Drunkards are very silly people)

nmblum88 wrote: Yawn...Get some new material,....
Norma. You are an elderly drunken troll, seeking attention.. In your last inebriated post you claimed to be better than me because you were taller than me, without knowing how tall I am. You then, through your alcoholic haze, made up an entire quote from my dead father....
nmblum88, in her last post wrote:Has it ever occurred to you that your father might have been right: that you are programmed by character and competence to fail at everything you try?
You simply made that up as you were drunk as a skunk. :lol:

You have no interest in the topic of this thread and are simply following me around like Sweetpea did before he left. I don't care if you are drunk or senile, but you should really not embarrass yourself by leaving these "out of it" posts for everyone to read. :lol:



Sorry: you are much to fragile to continue these ridiculous, mostly repetitive exchanges..
It wouldn't take much, I think, to send you into a downward spiral from which you would not easily recover: you already appeared to be dangerously frayed.
That's good enough for me to not want to play with you anymore....

But.. but.. but: I'm only human and I can't resist:

What color tutu are you wearing, Tinker Belle?

And what size your adorable little shoes?

Norma Manna Blum

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26765
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:05 am

nmblum88 burp....hick,, wrote:LOL.. I may have to rest my case:
You don't have a case. You are trolling to seek attention.

nmblum88...hic...burp...pour,pour wrote: Now Matthew, try to keep you tendency to hysterical outbursts to some manageable level.
Norma, numerous times , you have made three posts about me in a row. You are infatuated with me and have no interest in the thread topics. You froth at the mouth and scream "I am taller than you" or "Your father says you are a discrace" and things like that. It's funny, but creepy. :D

nmblum88...hic burp..clink...guzzle.. wrote: And lastly Matthew, this is a Forum, it is not recess at your kindergarten.
Thanks Norma. I came from the Skeptics Annotated Bible forum to the Skeptic Society Forum, because they are forums.

Why you, an 89 year old attention seeker, gets drunk and interrupts Skeptic Forum threads, to tell me your bizarre personal opinions is anyone's guess. :lol:

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2726
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:08 pm
Custom Title: Yes that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:07 am

Rather than God being evil, it is a sign from God that He doesn't exist. :pr:
Scientists don't know everything, therefore my favorite flavor of stoopidz is true.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26765
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:09 am

nmblum88 wrote:Sorry: you are much to fragile to continue these ridiculous, mostly repetitive exchanges.

Norma you just posted three posts about me in a row.

I don't know if you are just senile or drunk as a skunk again, but do you really think the members here think I'm fragile? The actual evidence is pointing at you. :lol:

Try sober up and have another go tomorrow.
:D


Return to “The Letting Go of God Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest