Examplz uv Unfortunate Events Involving Gunz

Duck and cover
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Re: Examplz uv Unfortunate Events Involving Gunz

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:11 am

TJrandom wrote:The constitution does not need an amendment - rather just to be interpreted by the Supremes in a rational way - placing the right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness on an equal footing - and maybe to restrict the right to own guns to a well-regulated militia.
Those Supremes you're talking about will be the batch after the Supines?
Lard, save me from your followers.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Post by Lance Kennedy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:20 am

Hand guns are what I am most concerned about. After all, the vast bulk of American gun murders and suicides are done with hand guns. It would be hard to imagine anything more likely to lead to gun death than a heap of city dwellers running around with a hand gun in their back pocket.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:48 am

Anybody see that story about an Uber driver who shot the guy that cut him off? The guy thought his gf was in the car and came at the taxi with a gun in his hand. Uber, an off-duty cop, shoots him. It was nighttime, btw. Governor of, you guessed it, Florida, hails it as a great stand-your-ground case.

But! If the Uber hadn't been armed he could have just backed up. The bf would have seen a pair of headlights and nothing else he could have aimed at. As it was the Uber started a Dodge City with a passenger on board. Brilliant.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by fromthehills » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:36 pm

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by fromthehills » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:15 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:Hand guns are what I am most concerned about. After all, the vast bulk of American gun murders and suicides are done with hand guns. It would be hard to imagine anything more likely to lead to gun death than a heap of city dwellers running around with a hand gun in their back pocket.
True. Most are committed by small caliber pistols. The big news stories are assault rifles killing white kids, which isn’t very nice, either, but it does show the racist element in our media coverage. I still live rurally with a growing population of cannabis growers, which isn’t inherently bad, but meth cookers have slipped in under the radar, and crime is rising. We’re over 3000 sq miles with 6 officers. I still have the concern for self defense, but I’m not opposed to stricter, vastly stricter gun laws.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:46 pm

TJrandom wrote:The constitution does not need an amendment - rather just to be interpreted by the Supremes in a rational way - placing the right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness on an equal footing - and maybe to restrict the right to own guns to a well-regulated militia.
I agree: rational "originalist" aka conservative interpretation of original intent is all that is needed. No rational person would allow the "right" to weapons of mass destruction. In 1776 2-3-4 guys could take down a musket shooter while he tried to reload his highly inaccurate gun. Not so today so the original equation is thrown all off by modern technology.

Just fyi: life, liberty, and happiness is NOT in the Constitution. Its in the Declaration of Independence having no legal application.....much like the plaque on the base of the Statue of Liberty. Referenced only by the ignorant, or for the ignorant. …………...OK...……….and foreigners.

It kinda surprises me that conservative Supremes don't read it that way as it is tied to the use of a militia which has also passed into irrelevance. But there is more case law upholding the settled law of gun ownership than there is of right to privacy/abortion. If only the Pukes hadn't flouted established convention and the clear language of the Constitution to load up the court with their Pro Gun Judges.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:45 am

fromthehills wrote:https://youtu.be/1vEJpHZp2ek
I've seen that before. Richard Ayoade is hilarious.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by fromthehills » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:42 pm

Gord wrote:
fromthehills wrote:[ytubee]
I've seen that before. Richard Ayoade is hilarious.
Ive just recently discovered him. One of the funniest people I’ve seen

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:53 pm

JO 753 wrote:Lost cop killz man in hiz own home
Washinton Post wrote:After her shift ended Thursday night, the officer mistakenly entered the wrong apartment, Dallas Police Chief Renee Hall told reporters on Friday afternoon. The man who lived there — identified as 26-year-old Botham Shem Jean — was home when the officer entered; while it's unclear exactly what happened between Jean and the officer, Hall said, but the officer fired her weapon.
Seems his local community is also speaking out against this activity by a FOX Noise station. (The affidavit asks for a search for various items, to me it doesn't seem to assign ownership to any of it.)

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:43 am

Except for the fact that the victim is some kind of do gooder church official....I would have thought the cop and the guy had some other dealings that were generally secret and they had some falling out. I have gotten into the wrong borrowed car...not mine so I wasn't that familiar with it...…..AND my key fit. The junk in the center console was different so I look around and saw my car about 30 feet away. Never got the wrong house....knock on wood.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:32 am

By all means - arrest him for the MJ. :roll:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Like them Catholics, when they put (dug up) corpses on trial to convict them of witchcraft, so the church could confiscate their estates?