I'm going to eat Cat Food.

Weird things people do.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

I'm going to eat Cat Food.

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:23 am

My neighbor gave me a box of these. Even with my glasses I had to get a magnifying glass to read what it was. I assumed this was a base to which one would add water or milk to fill out. Took awhile to notice it was CAT FOOD...but by that time I was totally into this gourmet product:

Key Benefits

Crafted with hand-selected tender bites of meat without by-products or fillers
Delicious supplemental feeding intended to be served daily along with a complete and balanced cat food diet
With tender morsels of real tuna, shrimp and whitefish
Highly palatable, delicious, silky broth with a taste and texture your cat will love
Perfectly portioned, ready to pour pouch

https://www.chewy.com/fancy-feast-class ... lsrc=aw.ds

Not going to eat it straight out of the pouch. Going to add it to a can of chicken noodle soup . Make the soup...divide into two bowls, add the cat food to one bowl.......see how it goes.

What kills me is this stuff sells for over a $ a bag...for what, let's not kid ourselves, is scraps from the canning process for human food....aka... no difference at all. I can't just throw out $13 worth of food//////////////not really, just the retail price "cat lovers" evidently are willing to pay to prove their love?

I've thought about doing this before..... just reading labels. food is food. so culturally biased we are.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Re: I'm going to eat Cat Food.

Postby TJrandom » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:16 am

You should eat the cat instead... :twisted:

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:49 am

bobbo you do know which end of the fish they put into gourmet cat food, don't you?
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:58 am

I don't like either end of the fish. I'm a middle kind of guy. You Know..... once you say yourself these are scraps of human food..... what else is really left?

OK...my spidey senses are on alert. I'm still going to heat up that noodle soup....then open up the gourmet cat food fish parts and examine which parts are there. Any "round" parts...and out goes the package.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:32 pm

I should respond to the "eat the cats" advice from TJ. It just makes me fond of my days in Fresno California when the Hmongs moved in from our winning the Vietnam War. Some People............................... Some people got upset when enough Hmong moved into an Apartment Complex.... the swimming pool would be filled in with dirt and turned into a community FOOD garden....hello bok choy. Silly Hmong just didn't understand our culture. Blew some noodle soup out my nose when the tv reporter said without any irony or sarcasm at all: "Doesn't appear to be any stray dogs or cats in this neighborhood." Ha, ha...guess we needed an in depth investigation to go after that situation.

The French make fish head soup.......................I have always assumed the tail parts went into cat food.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:02 pm

Before you know it, bobbo. you'll be rolling over and demanding to have your tummy tickled.
Not at all like you. Don't do it.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:09 pm

Just exactly what is cat scratch fever? If medical, not good? If the song....can't really tell.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:00 pm

9 Lives taste like {!#%@}. Friskies is where it's at.
trump is literally a piece of {!#%@}.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:06 pm

After the funny haired little bitch with daddy issues or Kim Jong Un nukes the planet, I hear bugs will be the new white meat so we all might as well get used to eating whatever we can scavenge.
trump is literally a piece of {!#%@}.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:20 pm

My Dad used to teach a survivalist course in the Air Force. He would create healthy food that looked absolutely horrible and train the guys to eat whatever they could. His favorite was raw eggs with green food coloring. Good thing, he left his work at the office.

yeah....I looked years ago at some of the tins when on sale cheaper than tuna. The "added oil" always put me off.

NOW................. its the fact that its free and retails for more money than I pay for what I do eat. This product is a pure sucker play for cat loving idiots. "Bond with your cat over gourmet food.........." The FTC should get after them for BS.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:47 am

Depending upon the fish, we eat the whole fish and for some we usually eat the heads. Cats only get the bones, innards, and fins, and sometimes not that much.

Once in London I was about to purchase some pate to enjoy on crackers with cheese and wine - and finally realised it was cat food.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:52 am

Food. Hoomans are onmivores and can and should eat "everything." Our food choices are heavily culturally determined and influenced by LABELS. You can't read the description of the contents of this product and not start salivating.... until you read the label. It makes me laugh. And yes.... turn "it" into a pate, and you can eat about anything. Same with puree it and turn near rotten fruit into popsicles....I am eating about one pint a day of frozen mixed fruit. Started on figuring out what to do with a quart per week of dehydrated cranberries or cherries. Don't like them straight that much and don't eat that much cereal or salads to put them in. I emulsify them in the blender along with sufficient herbal tea or yogurt whey and the cut up good parts of apples and whatever other fruit is around...including strawberries that I find INEDIBLE otherwise. Not the same fruit I grew up with....totally tasteless, but they add a slight flavor and nice color to the popsicles. Now and then, I add a can of various fruit to change up the flavor. Makes a meal of fruit. My other food utility device is to make chili. Lots of left overs can be put right in, or again put thru the blender to make a heavier broth for the chili....to be covered up with cumin.

Everything gets used..................... even donated cat food.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:25 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Just exactly what is cat scratch fever? If medical, not good? If the song....can't really tell.

That would probably be toxoplasmosis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasmosis
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:12 pm

I'm actually curious..............but too lazy............... I wonder which animal, cats or dogs, transmit more diseases to humans? Just saw an article that pet chickens have killed one person in the USA. They/We/USA outlawed pet turtles for the same reason: kiddies getting salmonella from kissing their pets. But how many cases from kitty and doggy?

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:36 pm

Depends on the pet's pets. And IIRC fleas can transmit tape worms? As also cat scratch disease, which is a Bartonella henselae infection you get from other vile attacks by your furry fiend.

And enjoy your cat toy meals, Bobbo. Those 'tender bites of meat without by-products or fillers'. AKA beetles, flies, maggots, and rats. :-P

Lard, save me from your followers.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Eggs: IT SAYS: "Gourmet" right on the package. Besides, all prepared food has beetles, flies, maggots and rats.....but they are gourmet, just like the package says.

Ha, ha..........wonder why I haven't had any soup for a few days now?...I've flipped to toast with various spreads. No beetles, flies, maggots or rats.........but who knows what after falling on the floor a few times?

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:03 pm

Eat the cat, bobbo. High protein food, save money on vet bills, no more of that annoying "I'll wait until he starts to nod off and THEN stretch my claws on his thigh".

Return to “Popular Culture”