Rape Victims..............Take a Breath

Weird things people do.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Rape Victims..............Take a Breath

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:22 pm

Yep......I'm not going to read it. I linked to the article to read it to see what made the speech so powerful......but it was EXACTLY what I feared: "‘You took away my worth’: A sexual assault victim’s powerful message to her Stanford attacker" Rape is a crime and can be very impactful to hardly anything at all depending of facts, circumstances, and personality = BUT = It never takes away the worth of any victim. THAT only happens when the victims sees themselves in very limited terms. Almost raised I would say in a subversive child abusive way.

Saw a movie some time ago when a young woman was raped and she was quite upset and depressed. She had a very simllar notion, but qualitatively different. She lamented that her virginity was the only thing she had to offer her future husband. Quite a telling scene I thought. Forget everything about that film except that sentiment. I think she was Irish?

Hey! A very instructive moment for the Existential frame of mind: There is no meaning in life except that which we give it. No joy, No tragedy. Things happen, and we decide how to interpret those things as we choose to do.

I wish the woman well....but her worth will be established by how she deals with this outrage.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... nl_az_most
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Re: Rape Victims..............Take a Breath

Postby Poodle » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:25 pm

Yep - you obviously didn't read it, bobbo.

You really should.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:33 pm

It's never a good idea to judge someone who has been through a great trauma...they lived it ...you did not...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:53 pm

Well Poodle....having read what I posted, and posting as you have.....I'll give it a read.

Gorgeous....what in the WORLD makes you think I judged anyone? Silly Person.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:12 pm

Read it. Close enough to what I thought. My original thoughts ... pretty much right on. Emotions. They are indeed what they are. We all need to do what we can to minimize the bad ones while emphasizing the good ones. The balance of the two is just a little bit off.....

I'll say again: maximize the good.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:40 pm

you were judging her...basically saying she shouldn't feel that way....
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:06 pm

G: very simple minded of you not to read what I posted a bit more closely SINCE the very issue you raise was expressly contested. Never mind I read only the 15 words of the headline.

Here's a clue that might help you gain more insight that could actually help your own life (---and LIKEWISE I'm not judging you at all)==I am HARSHLY judging the IDEA in the headline.

Can you at least see the difference? Close...........if you must..........but different?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:11 pm

Here's another clue: I'm not talking about the girl (directly) at all, but rather what existentialism has to teach us about making all our lives better.

As I've stated before: pros and cons to everything issue we consider. Situations can always be imagined as better or worse than they are. appreciate the good, try to lessen the bad.

Very instructive.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:06 pm

I had read it too - quite long and somewhat difficult for me to read. That she was raped was bad enough - that she had to go thru the lengthy trial and abuse by the defendants’ lawyer was worse. She tells a good story about a horrific series of events. I can see it used in women’s study courses.

Angel
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: LOVE

Postby Angel » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:02 pm

Hmm~ how to approach this most
gently for sensitive peeps?

Psychologists ~ psychiatrists ~ just heard
a preacher quoting the first too on how good
stress is for your personal growth. He can
publicly speak now~ thanx to stress lol
Anyhow~ in a society that thrives on
extremes~ rapists are nothing more than
extreme stress. I have been raped many
times in many different ways. Most of the
time I just end up letting them take what
they want and leave as it is less stress.
Mark them up to yet another one night
stand. Forgive & forget them. I do not
like the thought of it ever happening
again but ~ at the end of the day~ I know
I am not as strong as most men and with
women becoming more violent~ it can
happen. I do not dwell on it though.
No time to lol

Try teaching people that STRESS
is NOT GOOD for anybody (period)
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:10 pm

TJ---she doesn't say how she got into the alley or behind the dumpster to begin with. "She doesn't remember." With a quite commendatory picture of how the evening started with "Big Mother"...how did she get to where she can't remember what happened? Worst Case....she was slipped a Mickey but its not mentioned, so probably not. It "sounds like" she drank herself into a black out condition? Anything to be learned there?

An office friend of mine and me were dating a woman from the same building at the same time. We both had dates scheduled with her that week. On Monday he told me she got passed out drunk and he had sex with her. I said...."Gee...I think in most places that is called rape." He said: "No....she wanted it." So........I was a bit hesitant at how she would be on our date on Friday...but she was quite pleasant, the very person I was attracted to. Coincidentally.......she drank herself to a passed out condition.

What to do?

Passed out in her driveway......is this what she wanted? Guilt free sex because she never consented? I did think about it. Cradled her in her arms and carried her into her house and to her bed. I took the liberty of taking her shoes off and throwing a blanket over her. I called the next day....she was too busy to go out with me again. Went out with my friend again a few more times.

You know..... people each have their own story to tell.

".....horrific series of events........"//// Well......I can think of 15 ways it could have been much worse. Can you spot anything she should be privately happy/thankful for? 3 or 4 things???? Where on the horrific continuum does this fall?

I thought the judges opinion regarding the impact on the criminals life was rather misplaced.

Rules...........................they really do impact what kind of society we live in.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:13 pm

Angel.....that can be read several different ways. Runs a wide continuum. Theres rape, and then theres Rape, and then theres RAPE!!
With and without dinner.

Angel
Frequent Poster

Postby Angel » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:44 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Angel.....that can be read several different ways. Runs a wide continuum. Theres rape, and then theres Rape, and then theres RAPE!!
With and without dinner.

I've been through it all.
The worst was when I was very small.
I don't remember much and I won't say
much about it as those involved are
still living with what they did.
I figured at least by now they could
have said they were sorry.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:58 pm

Well Angel....thats a whole nother issue: rape of kiddies. Your first post, the one I responded to was no where near rape of kiddies. I assume you have that clear demarcation in your own mind? Not that thinking of one kind of rape doesn't link to other memories of various sorts, just as "dating" "passed out women" had a link with me. Ha, ha.........still...........almost every two issues is an overlapping Venn Diagram. What goes into what section of the circles..... always of interest.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:09 pm

Of course she shouldn`t have drunk to excess, but that is still not an excuse. What if she had passed out simply due to metabolism or insufficient oxygen? A few years ago a girl standing in front of me did just that and fell against me. I grabbed her and gently flopped/sat her in a nearby seat where she stayed passed out for several minutes, but was obviously still breathing. It would have been easy to take advantage of her. So why not? Illegal of course, but not being a predator, and having good character... Her perp is/was a predator, a person of poor character, and a law breaker. IMO - he should have been sentenced to 10 years, not 6 months.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:14 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Angel.....that can be read several different ways. Runs a wide continuum. Theres rape, and then theres Rape, and then theres RAPE!!
With and without dinner.

-------------------May you experience all the 'types' of rape....it will help you become a better person...right?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:09 pm

TJ--I did not raise any issue of excuse.

G==I do not wish rape on any person. Why do you?

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:24 pm

Explain why there is any expectation for the victim to establish her worth.

Her assailant has established his "worth" beyond any reasonable doubt...roughly the value of a plugged nickel.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:37 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:TJ--I did not raise any issue of excuse.

--------------come on ...you would enjoy it...with or without a mickey or dinner....maybe you'll get lucky and it's Bill Cosby and his buddies....

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:45 am

Agreed - Your question was there anything to be learned there. And of course there was. We all live in a predatory society and it behoves us to not make ourselves any more vulnerable than we already are. The perp is/was a predator who would very likely have raped someone else if this woman wasn`t available to him. But I also suspect that he too was emboldened by drink - so another lesson to be learned for any young men who can`t trust themselves when under the influence.

Angel
Frequent Poster

Postby Angel » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:20 am

gorgeous wrote:
With and without dinner.

-------------------May you experience all the 'types' of rape....it will help you become a better person...right?

I was already a kind , strong person
to begin with. That's why I didn't go to
the so called authorities. It would have
only made more stress for more people.
Go bang your head on a cinder block
and see if it makes you a better person.
hehe
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

Angel
Frequent Poster

Postby Angel » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:26 am

TJrandom wrote:

Agreed - Your question was there anything to be learned there. And of course there was. We all live in a predatory society and it behoves us to not make ourselves any more vulnerable than we already are. The perp is/was a predator who would very likely have raped someone else if this woman wasn`t available to him. But I also suspect that he too was emboldened by drink - so another lesson to be learned for any young men who can`t trust themselves when under the influence.

How can you tell when you have had too
much and are under the influence of spirits?
Also ~ not all spirits are the same.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

Angel
Frequent Poster

Postby Angel » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:29 am

Pyrrho wrote:Explain why there is any expectation for the victim to establish her worth.

Her assailant has established his "worth" beyond any reasonable doubt...roughly the value of a plugged nickel.

How well do you know your friends?
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:36 am

Angel wrote:
TJrandom wrote:

How can you tell when you have had too
much and are under the influence of spirits?
Also ~ not all spirits are the same.

I believe that you learn this thru experience. Personally I know that three is my limit. When I was quite a bit younger I didn`t recognise a limit in advance.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:59 am

gorgeous wrote:--------------come on ...you would enjoy it...with or without a mickey or dinner....maybe you'll get lucky and it's Bill Cosby and his buddies....

Gee, G: This issue has revealed a whole new side to your lack of ability to touch base with reality. I'll ask.......and then I'll tell. You disagree if you find the room.

Gorgeous: where at all did I indicate there was any enjoyment from anyone to anyone else in this situation, much less myself, much less having told the real tale that I was presented pretty much the "best case scenario" for raping an unconscious woman and I did not take it?

The answer: there is no such implication, instead, exactly the opposite. As with woo....you are totally blind to the issue(s) being discussed and responding only to the bells and whistles sounding in your own head. Sad....because you could learn to be a better and healthier person if.............you would pay attention.

Existentialism: making meaning out of life.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:05 am

Angel wrote:.....Go bang your head on a cinder block
hehe

Exactly right. And if you can't think your way thru that contemplation, then remember the last time you banged your head on a cinder block and that all you did was injury yourself without any benefit........and recognize you need a different response. Course, if you have the nature in your personality to enjoy the banging........recognize that too. Just don't think anyone else's head needs a similar banging. FREEEEEEEEEEEDOM: leaving other people alone. Pros and Cons to all we do. Things can always be better or worse, so maximize the good and try to diminish the bad.

Try it. In a meaningless Universe, you do have tools at your contemplation.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:15 am

TJrandom wrote: But I also suspect that he too was emboldened by drink - so another lesson to be learned for any young men who can`t trust themselves when under the influence.

Exactly so. Two schools of thought on the alcoholic: in their daze, do they become more their essential natures, or is their essential nature twisted in an unnatural direction? BECAUSE I was, and still am, a "happy drunk," I have always favored the first interpretation. That, and alcohol has always been a strong sedative.....so generally, I fall asleep on the couch while my friends get into trouble. Little mercies.

Some people in their sober selves DECIDE to drink for the very purpose of accomplishing the desired act. Booze then is not an excuse even in those value systems that try to make it so. Fun thing to do at various stages in your life: get drunk and see who you become. Dear Old Dad got drunk every night of his life...........and read books. As a kiddie, he was denied the education he desired. In my youth, as now, I just fall asleep..... don't "do" nothing. Maybe try to sing???? Ha, ha...... I mock myself.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:24 am

Pyrrho wrote:Explain why there is any expectation for the victim to establish her worth.

As my OP addresses, is based on, that very subject, I assume your question is rhetorical or for the group who fail to see the point of my OP? So far, that really is only Gorgeous and her point goes more to getting off on thinking I am a predator as is the plug nickel.

In a court of law though the victim of rape is often put in the position of having to establish elements of her worth or blame-worthy-LESS. Its all about the law, how the law is actually interpreted and enforced, how the law interacts with and form the value system of society and individuals. ..... and if not the law per se....its the people involved who impose it anyway. Bad lawyers all on their own, good lawyer trying counter bad lawyers/judges/jurors....a whole big mix of things. Instructive to note the interactions.

Hopefully, the victim in this situation will have a better answer for herself as soon as she stops hitting her head on her cinder block...but the law does tend to make victims endure that process.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:33 am

Angel wrote:

How well do you know your friends?

I know half of them half as well as I should like; and I know less than half of them half as well as they deserve.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Postby ElectricMonk » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:42 am

Religiously inspired abstinence education has a lot to answer for: in these programs, a women's worth as a future wife is often linked to her 'purity', i.e. virginity. Some of us have seen the ads that compare women with pre-marital sexual experiences to used chewing gum or worn-out shoes.
These twisted message do contribute to a rape-victim's feelings of loss of self-worth.

But rape always had that psychological effect in patriarchal societies: why bother with the time and effort of marrying someone who can just be used like this?
That is why a modern society has to come down so hard against the perpetrators and anyone who tries to play down the crime: there must be no doubt that the state and all lawful citizens acknowledge that the victim has been severely wronged and that the offender must the severely punished. Only a strong signal of condemnation can contribute to restore the balance that was destroyed.
Last edited by ElectricMonk on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:49 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:

As my OP addresses, is based on, that very subject, I assume your question is rhetorical or for the group who fail to see the point of my OP? So far, that really is only Gorgeous and her point goes more to getting off on thinking I am a predator as is the plug nickel.

In a court of law though the victim of rape is often put in the position of having to establish elements of her worth or blame-worthy-LESS. Its all about the law, how the law is actually interpreted and enforced, how the law interacts with and form the value system of society and individuals. ..... and if not the law per se....its the people involved who impose it anyway. Bad lawyers all on their own, good lawyer trying counter bad lawyers/judges/jurors....a whole big mix of things. Instructive to note the interactions.

Hopefully, the victim in this situation will have a better answer for herself as soon as she stops hitting her head on her cinder block...but the law does tend to make victims endure that process.

I think her now-published statement to the court is eloquent, poignant, and a sufficient answer to any who would question her role in the sexual assault that was perpetrated upon her.

I wouldn't care if she was a two-dollar back-alley whore with a heroin addiction, or if the venue of the sexual assault was a luxury suite at the Ritz. She was unconscious. She demonstrably did not consent. It is true that the law--or more properly, the men and women who enforce and adjudicate the law--do not necessarily do so without bias.

I think we agree that she shouldn't have to prove her worth as a human being. Sadly, once her name becomes known, the ghouls will set upon her with wild relish.

Anyway...a legal perspective:

http://mimesislaw.com/fault-lines/brock ... pact/10288

Last week Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Aaron Persky sentenced Brock Allen Turner to six months in jail. Turner will probably do half of that – about the length of a single quarter at Stanford University, where he was a student. Most people think that was an appallingly and unjustly lenient sentence for what Turner did: brutally sexually assaulting a drunk, unconscious young woman behind a dumpster outside a party.

Judge Persky clearly empathized with Brock Allen Turner. Turner was a championship swimmer and a Stanford student; Judge Persky was a Stanford student and the captain of the lacrosse team. Judge Persky said that sending Turner to prison would have a “severe impact” on him, that he did not believe that he would be a danger to others, and that he was young. Turner’s victim was not spared a severe impact, despite her youth and lack of criminal record. Her statement was harrowing. Her sentence is lifelong.

Turner will go to jail for a few months, find Jesus, and return to glory in his newfound innocence on the talk show circuit.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:09 pm

Pyrrho wrote:...Turner will go to jail for a few months, find Jesus, and return to glory in his newfound innocence on the talk show circuit.

I hadn't even thought of that. The prodigal son returns in triumph. I once saw what I now remember as a comedy skit, but it might have been serious?, regarding the brother of the prodigal sons. He was all pissed off at his Dad for lavishing such praise on his brother who for those year was a total goof off while the good son was dutiful all along.

Its culture. And a lot of it sucks.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:20 pm

bobbo..Cosby is calling ...stop being a tease and bend over...you know you want it...

Angel
Frequent Poster

Postby Angel » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:29 pm

Angel wrote:.....Go bang your head on a cinder block
hehe

Exactly right. And if you can't think your way thru that contemplation, then remember the last time you banged your head on a cinder block and that all you did was injury yourself without any benefit........and recognize you need a different response. Course, if you have the nature in your personality to enjoy the banging........recognize that too. Just don't think anyone else's head needs a similar banging. FREEEEEEEEEEEDOM: leaving other people alone. Pros and Cons to all we do. Things can always be better or worse, so maximize the good and try to diminish the bad.

Try it. In a meaningless Universe, you do have tools at your contemplation.

I forget which came first~ waking up in the
night to my left hand masterbating myself
or me beating the life out of my left hand.
Didn't want to cut it right off lol

The doctors did very little~ had to practically
force the hsptl peeps to exray it.
Some call it left hand syndrome hmm
I call it the intentions of others.
They learned fast that I don't take
being turned into a science sock puppet
very easy.

Then came the war in heaven. :roll:
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

Angel
Frequent Poster

Postby Angel » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:34 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:Religiously inspired abstinence education has a lot to answer for: in these programs, a women's worth as a future wife is often linked to her 'purity', i.e. virginity. Some of us have seen the ads that compare women with pre-marital sexual experiences to used chewing gum or worn-out shoes.
These twisted message do contribute to a rape-victim's feelings of loss of self-worth.

But rape always had that psychological effect in patriarchal societies: why bother with the time and effort of marrying someone who can just be used like this?
That is why a modern society has to come down so hard against the perpetrators and anyone who tries to play down the crime: there must be no doubt that the state and all lawful citizens acknowledge that the victim has been severely wronged and that the offender must the severely punished. Only a strong signal of condemnation can contribute to restore the balance that was destroyed.

Religious peeps doh!
Jesus chose Mary because she knew
it all and still loved God. <3
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

Angel
Frequent Poster

Postby Angel » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:39 pm

Pyrrho wrote:

I think her now-published statement to the court is eloquent, poignant, and a sufficient answer to any who would question her role in the sexual assault that was perpetrated upon her.

I wouldn't care if she was a two-dollar back-alley whore with a heroin addiction, or if the venue of the sexual assault was a luxury suite at the Ritz. She was unconscious. She demonstrably did not consent. It is true that the law--or more properly, the men and women who enforce and adjudicate the law--do not necessarily do so without bias.

I think we agree that she shouldn't have to prove her worth as a human being. Sadly, once her name becomes known, the ghouls will set upon her with wild relish.

Anyway...a legal perspective:

http://mimesislaw.com/fault-lines/brock ... pact/10288

Last week Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Aaron Persky sentenced Brock Allen Turner to six months in jail. Turner will probably do half of that – about the length of a single quarter at Stanford University, where he was a student. Most people think that was an appallingly and unjustly lenient sentence for what Turner did: brutally sexually assaulting a drunk, unconscious young woman behind a dumpster outside a party.

Judge Persky clearly empathized with Brock Allen Turner. Turner was a championship swimmer and a Stanford student; Judge Persky was a Stanford student and the captain of the lacrosse team. Judge Persky said that sending Turner to prison would have a “severe impact” on him, that he did not believe that he would be a danger to others, and that he was young. Turner’s victim was not spared a severe impact, despite her youth and lack of criminal record. Her statement was harrowing. Her sentence is lifelong.

Turner will go to jail for a few months, find Jesus, and return to glory in his newfound innocence on the talk show circuit.

That's what society gets when they
make an economy that is more important
than the people. Then don't pay them.
Gotta go make a Job of someone so I can
get rich~ feel important ~ be a somebody
in the sluggggg of 7 billion.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:32 pm

I have to scratch my head, stop to wonder, what the frick Gorgeous and Angel are getting off on. We all have our own triggering events, memories, goals, desires. Our own methods, effective and self-destructive, to deal with our demons.

Probably.....neither a happy drunk?.....Not to push that meme farther than useful. HEY!!! Thats my tag. Pragmatism. As Dr Phil says: how is calling anyone a rapist or yourself a public exhibitionist..."working for you?" Damn fine question to ask yourself every once and again: how are my decisions working out for myself? Then tweak yourself a bit. Lather and repeat. Some wind up with religion, some with private poetry....myself as my real name says.

I'm happy. Drunk or sober. Try it.

Angel
Frequent Poster

Postby Angel » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:11 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I have to scratch my head, stop to wonder, what the frick Gorgeous and Angel are getting off on. We all have our own triggering events, memories, goals, desires. Our own methods, effective and self-destructive, to deal with our demons.

Probably.....neither a happy drunk?.....Not to push that meme farther than useful. HEY!!! Thats my tag. Pragmatism. As Dr Phil says: how is calling anyone a rapist or yourself a public exhibitionist..."working for you?" Damn fine question to ask yourself every once and again: how are my decisions working out for myself? Then tweak yourself a bit. Lather and repeat. Some wind up with religion, some with private poetry....myself as my real name says.

I'm happy. Drunk or sober. Try it.

I'm on nothing.
Only explaining my situations.
What happened & how I responded.
I don't do labels. The more things change~
the more they stay the same. :-)
You repeat Dr Phill (Dr Pill)
I don't understand how he can even
have a show. Anything is acceptable
these dayz.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:15 am

I'm on nothing.///Pros and Cons to every choice

Only explaining my situations. /// Injecting ones own situation...usually to justify something that doesn't stand on its own merit in the normal intercourse of human affairs. Best to be avoided. I reference my own personal experience rarely, but did so this time to good effect I believe.

What happened & how I responded. /// If you did, you made more than one personal reference. None exceedingly on point to the discussion....could be central to your own issues. Where we all strike the balance, is variable.

I don't do labels. //// We all do...its shorthand. some labels not as obvious or common as others.....contra: I'm confusing labels with explanations?

The more things change~
the more they stay the same. :-) //// Thats usually a mix up/conflation of two separate issues. The general human themes with the particular circumstances. Each are worthy of their own analysis and NOT of conflation.

You repeat Dr Phill (Dr Pill) //// Years ago, I watched for about 2-3 months until I caught up with his few major themes. My impression is that he is not a pill pusher. Maybe that was done in a different 3 month period?

these dayz. //// He helps people. Pretty straight forward and obvious. "Hows that working for you" really hit me between the eyes as the followup to his less said: "Do you want to be right, or happy?" Good stuff. If your already have these key concepts in your mental health armamentarium, then you are years ahead of me. The concepts are common.... we each respond to wording different wording that "finally" catches our attention.

Yea, verily.

Angel
Frequent Poster

Postby Angel » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:28 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I'm on nothing.///Pros and Cons to every choice

Only explaining my situations. /// Injecting ones own situation...usually to justify something that doesn't stand on its own merit in the normal intercourse of human affairs. Best to be avoided. I reference my own personal experience rarely, but did so this time to good effect I believe.

What happened & how I responded. /// If you did, you made more than one personal reference. None exceedingly on point to the discussion....could be central to your own issues. Where we all strike the balance, is variable.

I don't do labels. //// We all do...its shorthand. some labels not as obvious or common as others.....contra: I'm confusing labels with explanations?

The more things change~
the more they stay the same. :-) //// Thats usually a mix up/conflation of two separate issues. The general human themes with the particular circumstances. Each are worthy of their own analysis and NOT of conflation.

You repeat Dr Phill (Dr Pill) //// Years ago, I watched for about 2-3 months until I caught up with his few major themes. My impression is that he is not a pill pusher. Maybe that was done in a different 3 month period?

these dayz. //// He helps people. Pretty straight forward and obvious. "Hows that working for you" really hit me between the eyes as the followup to his less said: "Do you want to be right, or happy?" Good stuff. If your already have these key concepts in your mental health armamentarium, then you are years ahead of me. The concepts are common.... we each respond to wording different wording that "finally" catches our attention.

Yea, verily.

Oh I was calling Dr Phill
a pill ~ u know ~
Ur such a pill
U make me ill
don't call the doctor
they has the will to
Kill.
I do not understand how he can
have people on tv~ making accusations against others of
criminal acts. Is this not a matter
for the police?
Today's Show ~
Brothers & sisters say their father
held them captive , tortured and starved them, and they resent an adult who lived in the house with them. "
Original air date Oct. 6 2015

U have 2 choices ~
1~ reference ur experience .

2~ reference the experiences
Of others.

1 is first hand account
2 is hearsay

1~ less room for error
2~ u get the phone game~
hearsay and what is heard is
not always what is said.
With the re~teller's opinion added.

The more labels they try to stick
on me~ the more I remain the same.
Last edited by Angel on Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

Return to “Popular Culture”