Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Huh! Prince died

Postby Gord » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:07 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/prince-paisley-park-death-1.3546878

Prince, legendary Purple Rain singer, dead at age 57

I wonder why the Illuminati did that? :(
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Re: Huh! Prince died

Postby gorgeous » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:38 pm

Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:01 am

I have the best Prince stories. His antics were legendary in the music industry. He was simply bat-shit crazy and permanently "out of it". He wasn't that talented, yet told everyone he was.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:43 am

"He wasn't that talented..." //// Compared to what, who?? I just read he wrote "No One Compares to You" which when sung by Sinead was the best song being played at the time. Wrote some others too. Sang, played, wrote, starred.

I sense a bit of guitar envy.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:34 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:"He wasn't that talented..." //// Compared to what?
Musical innovation in the music industry. His first singles were incredibly behind the times and out of date and came across as failed entrants to the Eurovision song contest. His major record company promoted him up to being a star and then kicked him out when he started to act like one. Prince was more involved in running nightclubs that continually went bankrupt, than the music industry.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: I just read he wrote "No One Compares to You" which when sung by Sinead was the best song being played at the time.
You mean the publishing company that owned Prince's composition catalogue sold her a cheap composition that already failed for Prince, with his own version. ;)

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:48 am

Prince Treated for Drug Overdose Days Before Death
TMZ.com‎ - 2 hours ago
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:34 am

I thought failure and rejection was a sure sign of genius?.....................
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:41 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I thought failure and rejection was a sure sign of genius?.....................

:?:

That means there are far more geniuses than not in the art world.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:44 am

OF COURSE the Illuminati got him!
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:50 am

Yes, that's a given. It's why I opened with the question of why they did it, not if they did it.

Because we're in the internets age. No one can die without generating a conspiracy theory somewhere.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:04 am

Its a shame. I liked him.

Hiz nameless symbol name influenst my name chanj.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:18 am

JO 753 wrote:I liked him.

I dunno why, but whenever someone writes "I liked him" about someone who just died, I see the words as "I killed him".

:pardon: Go figure!
#ANDAMOVIE

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:50 pm

Thats how Columbo solved murderz. You can be a famous TV detectiv!
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:00 pm

Prince Percocet Triggered OD Days Before Death
TMZ.com‎ - 1 hour ago

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:36 pm

Long time ago I went to see Prince's first movie Purple Rain. It was a mindless, boring {!#%@} I barely sat through. I agree with Mathew.
Justin Bieber is better than the dead guy.
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:03 am

Youd think he wuz sum sorta messiah jujing by the amount uv attention this iz getting. Its all about popularity.

David Wayne, the orijinal lead singer for Metal Church, my 2nd favoritest band, wuz ded for 6 yirz befor I happened to stumble across the info. He wuz only 47.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:37 am

wiki----------A prolific songwriter, Prince in the 1980s wrote songs for and produced work by many other acts, often under pseudonyms.--------Prince sold over 100 million records worldwide, making him one of the best-selling artists of all time.[2] He won seven Grammy Awards,[3] a Golden Globe Award,[4] and an Academy Award.[5] He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004, the first year of his eligibility.[6] Rolling Stone ranked Prince at number 27 on its list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.---------In 1981, Prince formed a side project band called The Time. The band released four albums between 1981 and 1990, with Prince writing and performing most of the instrumentation and backing vocals (sometimes credited under the pseudonyms "Jamie Starr" or "The Starr Company"), with lead vocals by Morris Day.-------------In 1989, Prince appeared on Madonna's studio album Like a Prayer, co-writing and singing the duet "Love Song" and playing electric guitar (uncredited) on the songs "Like a Prayer", "Keep It Together", and "Act of Contrition". He also began work on several musical projects, including Rave Unto the Joy Fantastic and early drafts of his Graffiti Bridge film,[68][69] but both were put on hold when he was asked by Batman director Tim Burton to record several songs for the upcoming live-action adaptation. Prince went into the studio and produced an entire nine-track album that Warner Bros. released on June 20, 1989. Batman peaked at No. 1 on the Billboard 200,[70] selling 4.3 million copies.[71] The single "Batdance" topped the Billboard and R&B charts.-----------In rebellion against Warner Bros., which refused to release his enormous backlog of music at a steady pace,[83][84] in 1993 Prince changed his name to Prince logo.svg, which was explained as a combination of the symbols for male (♂) and female (♀).----------------In 2002, Prince released his first live album, One Nite Alone... Live!, which features performances from the One Nite Alone...Tour. The 3-CD box set also includes a disc of "aftershow" music entitled It Ain't Over!. During this time, Prince sought to engage more effectively with his fan base via the NPG Music Club, pre-concert sound checks, and at yearly "celebrations" at Paisley Park, his music studios. Fans were invited into the studio for tours, interviews, discussions and music-listening sessions. ...----------- Three months later, Spin named him the greatest frontman of all time.[93] That same year, Rolling Stone magazine named Prince as the highest-earning musician in the world, with an annual income of $56.5 million.------------In April 2005, Prince played guitar (along with En Vogue singing backing vocals) on Stevie Wonder's single "So What the Fuss", Wonder's first since 1999.[95] In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Prince recorded two new songs, "S.S.T." and the instrumental "Brand New Orleans", at Paisley Park in the early hours of September 2. Prince again performed all instrumental and vocal parts. --------------------Seven winning tickets were placed inside 3121 CD packages in the US, and other tickets were given away in various contests on the Internet and around the world. On May 6, 2006, 24 prizewinners (with a guest each) attended a star-studded private party and performance at Prince's home.------------On June 27, 2006, Prince appeared at the BET Awards, where he was awarded Best Male R&B Artist. Prince performed a medley of Chaka Khan songs for Khan's BET Lifetime Award. Prince had previously written and performed several songs with the singer.----------------Prince wrote and performed a song for the hit 2006 animated film Happy Feet. The song, "The Song of the Heart", appears on the film's soundtrack, which also features a cover of Prince's earlier hit "Kiss", sung by Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman. In January 2007, "The Song of the Heart" won a Golden Globe for Best Original Song.-------------In October 2008, Prince released a live album entitled Indigo Nights, as well as 21 Nights, an accompanying book of poems, lyrics and photos. The book chronicled his tenure at London's O2 Arena in 2007, while the album is a collection of songs performed live at aftershows in the IndigO2.---------------In 2010, Prince was listed in Time magazine's annual ranking of the "100 Most Influential People in the World".-------------------His singing abilities encompassed a wide range from falsetto to baritone and rapid, seemingly effortless shifts of register.[183] Prince was also renowned as a multi-instrumentalist.[184][185] He was considered a guitar virtuoso and a master of drums, percussion, bass, keyboards, and synthesizer.[186] On his first five albums, he played nearly all the instruments.[187] The precise number of instruments he was capable of playing remains obscure. On his debut album, he was credited with having played 27 instruments,[188] which based on the album credits included various types of bass, keyboard and synthesizer in the total.-------------------In 2001 He donated $12,000,000 anonymously to the Louisville Free Library to keep the historic Western Branch Library, the first full service library for African Americans in the country, from closure

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:40 am

Justin Bieber should wish he had a fraction of the talent of Prince...

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:51 am

Usually when a black artist dies, an ex president dies soon after.
This is a sentence. tHi5 iz a seN+3nce oN drUgs!!!

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"--sign seen at Occupy Wall St. protest.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:56 am

Unreleased Prince projects

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Prince is well known in the entertainment industry for having a vast body of works that have never seen the light of day. It has been said that his vault contains over 50 fully produced music videos that have never been released, along with albums and other media. The following is a list, in rough chronological order, of the most prominent of these unreleased works. Many were later released and circulated among collectors as bootlegs.

Contents
[hide] 1 The Rebels
2 The Second Coming
3 Apollonia 6 film
4 The Flesh
5 Prince and the Revolution: Dream Factory
6 Camille
7 Crystal Ball
8 Madhouse: 24 8.1 1989 album configuration
8.2 1994 album configuration

9 Sheila E.: Untitled 1989 album
10 The Time: Corporate World
11 Rave unto the Joy Fantastic 11.1 27 October 1988 configuration
11.2 27 November 1988 configuration
11.3 Mid-January 1989 configuration

12 Flash
13 The Tora Tora Experience
14 The Undertaker
15 Heart
16 "Live"
17 The Live Experience
18 New World
19 The Vault - Volumes I, II and III
20 Prince and Mayte: Happy Tears
21 The Dawn 21.1 Tracks believed to have been included on the 1994 album
21.2 Tracks believed to have been included on the 1996/1997 album

22 Mayte: Scorpio
23 Beautiful Strange
24 Prince and the Revolution: Roadhouse Garden
25 New Funk Sampling Series
26 Crystal Ball 2 26.1 DVD

27 A Celebration
28 When 2 R in Love: The Ballads of Prince
29 The Hot X-perience
30 High
31 NPG: Peace
32 Untitled Kevin Smith-directed documentary
33 Madrid 2 Chicago
34 In All My Dreams
35 Last December
36 The Very Best of O(+>
37 The Chocolate Invasion
38 3121 film
39 Támar: Milk & Honey 39.1 Track listing

40 The L/C
41 Purple Rain 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
42 References
Last edited by gorgeous on Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:59 am

Aztexan wrote:Usually when a black artist dies, an ex president dies soon after.

Don't get our hopes up!
#ANDAMOVIE

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:02 am

I figured it would be Stevie Wonder and Bush the elder.
It still may be Bush the elder.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"--sign seen at Occupy Wall St. protest.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:16 am

15 Great Prince Songs That Were Hits for Other Artists
RollingStone.com‎ - 1 day ago
Prince's songs found hits with the Bangles, Sinead O'Connor, Chaka Khan and more.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:29 am

Your links suck.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:34 am

copy the first line....it's there...

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:45 am

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:54 am

www.celebritynetworth.com › Richest Celebrities › Singers

Prince net worth: Prince was an American singer, songwriter, musician and actor who had a net worth of $300 million.

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:02 am

The usual American story; overpaid and undertalented.

Aztexan wrote:
Usually when a black artist dies, an ex president dies soon after.

Yeap, it's those Illuminati again. :shock:
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:16 am

gorgeous wrote: Prince is well known in the entertainment industry for having a vast body of works that have never seen the light of day.
Which are all owned by the music publishing company he assigned them to. That's how music publishing works. Neil Sedaka has the most unrecorded compositions held by a publisher.

gorgeous wrote: It has been said that his vault contains over 50 fully produced music videos that have never been released, along with albums and other media.
......which are all owned by the record company who paid for them at 50/50% recoupment of production cost from artist royalties.

Prince was going bankrupt since 2010.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:17 am

gorgeous wrote: Prince net worth: Prince was an American singer, songwriter, musician and actor who had a net worth of $300 million.
Prince was forced to sell his properties in 2010 to avoid personal bankruptcy.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:26 pm

They slapped together a special edition uv 20/20 about him yesterday.

Part uv it wuz about hiz war with Warner Brotherz. They mentioned that he made a deal with them resently in wich he regained control uv hiz older stuff.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:08 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:"He wasn't that talented..." //// Compared to what, who?? I just read he wrote "No One Compares to You" which when sung by Sinead was the best song being played at the time. Wrote some others too. Sang, played, wrote, starred.

I sense a bit of guitar envy.

compared to what ? rolling stone did 2 lists
- top 100 greatest artists - he was 27
- and top 100 guitarists - he was 33

his public attitude or act was that he was above any list .
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
for the real minority ; there will be no justice , there will be no peace .
makes sense 2me , so it has 2be wrong .

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:13 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:I have the best Prince stories. His antics were legendary in the music industry. He was simply bat-shit crazy and permanently "out of it". He wasn't that talented, yet told everyone he was.

I tend to agree on this one . wonder what stories you have.
see above response
for the real minority ; there will be no justice , there will be no peace .
makes sense 2me , so it has 2be wrong .

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:38 pm

JO 753 wrote:Part uv it wuz about hiz war with Warner Brotherz. They mentioned that he made a deal with them resently in wich he regained control uv hiz older stuff.

Yes. The nature of his dispute was the same as George Michaels and XTC. They assign their copyright in the artist recording to a major label and enter into an exclusive deal with that labels. "Prince" was unable to release through other labels and thus changed his name to "symbol".

The label simply sits on the copyright until the exclusivity term of the initial contract ends and then makes a rational calculation to either sell the copyright to the next signing label or "piggyback" on the new label's marketing campaign by releasing older material. They may have done a deal with Prince to get him to promote the old catalogue for two years to recoup his advances and then assigned back the copyright upon recoupment being reached. That's a moderately common scenario.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:45 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:wonder what stories you have.
Prince goes to Julian Lennon's lawyers office, walks into the office unannounced and gatecrashes a meeting. He states that unless he is given a million pounds the next day he will offer partnership in his new nightclub to someone else. He then walks out. The problem was that he gatecrashed another lawyer's meeting who simply worked for the same firm. No one knew why he thought Julian Lennon was even interested, including Julian Lennon.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:59 pm

OMGGG!! :cray:

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:43 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/prince-drug-dealer-opioids-speaks-out-major-addiction-drugs-a6998006.html
A man who claims he was the drug dealer for recently deceased pop star Prince has spoken out about the “highly addictive” drugs he used to supply the musician with.

The man, who calls himself ‘Dr D’, said he used to supply thousands of dollars’ worth of drugs to Prince until 2008

Dr D said he often sold prescription painkillers to Prince, mainly the pill-based Dilaudid and Fentanyl, which is topically absorbed into the body, similar to a nicotine patch. According to Dr D, he often used both at the same time.

“He’d buy large supplies of both drugs. I think the most he ever spent was around $40,000 at one time,” Dr D claimed.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:06 am

SNL did a special with all uv Prinsiz appearensez plus a collection uv skits called "The Prince Show".

I know its going to sound corny, but I feel like therez 1 less color in the world now. :(
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:42 am

Absolutely not JO. Just look at the color of your avatar's hat. :mrgreen:

Martin Brock
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Martin Brock » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:41 pm

The young guy beside Tom Petty is Dhani Harrison?
People associating freely respect norms of their choice, and relationships governed this way are necessarily interdependent.

More central authorities conquer by dividing, imposing norms channeling the value of synergy toward themselves.

"Every man for himself" is the prescription of a state, not a free community. A state protects the poor from the rich only in fairy tales.

Return to “Popular Culture”