Phuc Dat Bich

Weird things people do.
Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Phuc Dat Bich

Postby Flash » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:36 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/phuc-dat-bich-wants-facebook-to-know-thats-his-actual-name_564f1b9ae4b0879a5b0a7d6d
Yeap, Phac Dat Bich is a guys real name. He is Australian...where else would you get away with the name like that except in the upside down world. And he likes his name. :mrgreen:
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Re: Phuc Dat Bich

Postby Gord » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:37 am

My actual name is Pay To The Order Of.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

supervitor
Frequent Poster

Postby supervitor » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:34 am

Brazilians are the ones with the most original names. And it's not oddities that come from reading a Vietnamese name in English, they actually do it on purpose. Some translations of Brasilian real names:

. One Two Three d'Oliveira Four
. Product of the Conjugal Love of Marichá and Maribel
. Spring Summer Autumn Winter
. Greenish Blue Saphire
. Deadly Remains of Catarina

http://www.learn-portuguese-now.com/bra ... names.html

From the NYT report on the subject:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/02/world ... ovick.html

When he became a teenager, Wonarllevyston Garlan Marllon Branddon Bruno Paullynelly Mell Oliveira Pereira did what any self-conscious person worried about merciless taunting from his peers might do: He pleaded with his parents and the courts to let him change his name.
Mike Tyson Schwarzenegger Pradella. Errolflynn Paixão. Charlingtonglaevionbeecheknavare dos Anjos Mendonça,
A minor tradition of honoring American presidents has produced names like Abraão Lynconn Sousa Santana and Francisco Lindon Johnson Menezes da Luz Junior. The other side of the ideological divide is represented, too, in a name like Mao Tse Tung Lima de Moura.
A name like Sherlock Holmes da Silva, pronounced SHARE-Lockee WHOLE-mees in Brazil, certainly does have a distinctive ring to it.

“You ask someone why they chose a name and they say because of the sound,” said Elaine Rabinovich, a psychologist who has explored Brazil’s naming practices. “The people who are doing this are still not co-opted by mass culture. I think this is great.”

Not far from São Paulo, a television network recently found a family in which seven children were named in honor of Elvis Presley: Elvis, Elvisnei, Elvismara, Elvislei, Elvicentina, Elvislaine and Elvislene.
“Sometimes parents don’t know the trauma they are inflicting on their children,” said Mr. Neves, citing first names like Colapso Cardíaco (Cardiac Arrest).
Sources of inspiration vary widely. José Miguel Porfirio, an accordionist in Recife, named his three children Xerox, Autenticada (Notarized) and Fotocópia (Photocopy), words he saw on a sign at a civil registry.

Crazy people..

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:37 am

I closed my facebook page when they wanted my real name.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

supervitor
Frequent Poster

Postby supervitor » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:44 am

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/m ... s-ordinary

Richard Nixon was arrested for fraud this week in what is likely to prove a severe blow to his political career. Six days earlier, Karl Max was detained for trafficking the modern opium of the masses – class A drugs. Elvis, meanwhile, suffered heartbreak at the weekend with a no-show at what would have been his biggest ever stadium gig.
Nixon is the mayor of Bacuri in Maranhão state who was among a group of local politicians arrested on Tuesday for allegedly embezzling millions of dollars of public funds. Karl Max (sic) Azevedo Wiborg is a 23-year-old from Rio de Janeiro who faces up to 15 years in prison after police caught him selling drugs to students at a university. Elvis, a midfielder with the Botafogo football team, missed the second half of the final of the Carioca championship – the most important game of his career – due to muscle injury.

A more debatable choice was made by the parents of Hitler Mussoline (sic) Domingues Pacheco, the chief of police in the state of Goiás, who was fired for dereliction of duty after prosecutors implicated him in a cases of fraud, theft and the murder of an emerald mine owner.
parents say they choose names because they sound attractive or conjure up pleasant images, hence the children called Hollywood or Valdisnêi (Walt Disney).
“Some parents are just big jokers and have no love for their child,” he said, citing names such as Odranoel (Leonardo backwards) and Ana Cirema (Americana backwards). “As a result, many people are exposed to ridicule. But with a lawyer you can get your name changed for this reason.”

supervitor
Frequent Poster

Postby supervitor » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:00 pm

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:44 pm

Re: the OP...the purported images of the guy's ID appears to have been faked.

I'll wait for the movie.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:03 pm

Yup. Hoax.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-34918491

"Mr Bich" said on Facebook his real name was "Joe Carr" (or perhaps joker).

He said what had started as a joke between friends "became a prank that made a fool out of the media".

But he said it also brought out the best in people and gave encouragement to people with "truly interesting and idiosyncratic names".

The hoaxer is of Vietnamese origin. His name when properly pronounced in Vietnamese, which is a tonal language, sounds like "Phoo Da Bi".

Facebook have not responded to BBC requests for comment.

Jerk.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:34 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:I closed my facebook page when they wanted my real name.

You could change your name to Facebook.... :)

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:16 am

TJrandom wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:I closed my facebook page when they wanted my real name.

You could change your name to Facebook.... :)

Faze Buch?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Return to “Popular Culture”