Would you kill baby Hitler if you had a chance?

Weird things people do.
Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Would you kill baby Hitler if you had a chance?

Postby Flash » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:10 am

Yes, exactly. You find yourself in 1889 Germany right next to baby Hitler whose mother asked you to babysit. Would you had killed him or not?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jeb-bush-on-killing-baby-hitler_5640e1b6e4b0411d3071da54

Jeb Bush, when asked by the Huffington Post, said; yeah, I would ax that {!#%@} baby to death even if it was the cutest baby around.
Well no, I've made that up but he did, with a bit of trepidation, give an affirmative answer to the nagging question.

May I respectfully suggest therefore, that Jeb is the one. You know, the best candidate for president. America needs an honest and a decisive president. And who could be more honest and decisive than a guy who is ready and honest enough to confess that he will kill babies for America.

None of this wavering; it was dark, we hit the wrong target, killed a few babes. No, no, we hit the manger because inside there was baby Adolf, amen. :mrgreen:
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Re: Would you kill baby Hitler if you had a chance?

Postby TJrandom » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:36 am

Sooo – postpartum abortion is OK, but not abortion of a zygote or even a fetus?

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:54 am

Hi, Io the lurker.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:03 pm

Whats amusing might be this counterfactual: Hitler was not unique in distrusting, not liking, even hating Jews. The History of Europe is rife with it with pockets of strong feelings here and there. Hitler was unique in formulating and implementing the final solution and all the anti-Jewish activities that took place to the run up to the war causing many of Germany's top scientists to leave for England and the USA.

What if Hitler was killed as a baby and some other pro-Nationalist German leader came to lead that country who also accepted Jews as good Germans.......while they were needed? Might WW2 have gone in a different direction with much worse outcomes than the Holocaust?

But yeah...I'd kill baby Hitler, because History is a crap shoot. I would however Kill Hitler NOT for killing 6 million Jews as is the now too common review, but rather because he killed 12 Million people as part of his solution. War killed, displaced, starved on both sides, to be added in as well. War is ...... not a good thing......or maybe it is and without it we would all be dead now from some plague brought on by Germany winning the war and fighting China?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:39 pm

Killing baby Hitler is a discussion in the Stephen King novel and movie "The Dead Zone" (1983). In the movie, Martin Sheen is a modern "Hitler" about to become president. Christopher Walken, can see the future and debates killing him.

This is one of the better Stephen King book adaptations.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:32 am

I'll haf to see that. But maybe I alredy hav & forgot! I picked up 5 moviez at the library last week & it turned out that I'd seen wun uv them befor & didnt remember till I started watching it. (coinsidentally also about WW2 - Enemy At The Gates)

I woud wisper the Dark Secrets to baby Adolf then see wut effect it had wen I got back to the future.

O! Waitaminit! Thats wut I did do and forgot till I just rote that and reminded myself.

The old version uv the last 80 yirz wuz relatively boring until about 1985 wen the plage hit. 10 billion peeps ded in less than a year, leaving about 1/4 billion boring idiots like me. Nobody smart enuf left to really figure it out, but the prevailing hypothosis wuz that the boring idiot jene imparted immunity to the plage.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:17 am

Not exactly the answers I expected. One poster would abort the baby Hitler fetus because it's so much more civilized than shooting him in the head. Another poster missed the question all together and gave us a clip of George Carlin. It was funny but not exactly about baby Hitler. Finally we got a straight answer from a poster who confessed that, yeah...he would wack the baby with an ax.

And then the poster who lives on the upsidedown side of the world with all that blood rushing to his brain alludes to a fictional movie about time travel. Please, this thread is about real baby Hitler no less and no more, okay?

Finally, the last poster would brainwash baby Hitler and then would go back to the future to see what happened. Very clever. Avoiding blood, guts and spilled baby brains all together. What if we now find out that a certain Adolf Hitler has just been canonized by pope Francis for being really {!#%@} good to everybody and some other idiot named, let say, Goering became the leader of Germany and started the war. Now we would have to go back and abort/wack/brainwash Goering wouldn't we? :mrgreen:
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:06 pm

...Really it wuz terrible. Especially the moviez & TV showz. No Hoganz Heroz! And back To The Future really happened, so the movie wuz a boring documentary with a 78 Edsel Promenade Deluxe insted uv a Delorean kuz there wuz no Delorean Motor Car Company!
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Frank Hoffman
Poster
Custom Title: Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Postby Frank Hoffman » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:17 pm

Flash wrote:Not exactly the answers I expected.

Isn't that a good thing? It may be lack of mental discipline, but given a conjecture not reliant on the constraints of my current physical condition, my thoughts take many paths... some which seem rational in the moment, many which clearly are not. I don't know if today I will go to the garage and work on my truck, how can I say if I would kill baby Hitler? Though it doesn't keep me from considering what I might do, I can't really pin down what I WOULD do. You can tell that from my avatar photo to the right.

(Edit: Upon consideration, and this may make you wince, but to answer the question... yes I would kill baby Hitler, and yes I would push the fat man; but I decline to comment further.)

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:39 pm

The problem with killing baby Hitler is that it is no different from killing baby Doe, Jane, Dick, Harry, Taro, etc. If you want, just walk into any newborn ward and kill away. All are innocents at that stage, no matter the name attached, or not as the case may be.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:48 pm

Hey! Maybe every baby ever killed wuz by time travelerz going after historically significant evil men! (face it - the evil women just dont get much evil dun)
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:18 pm

Jo==well said, showing deep insight into the ultimate and hidden challenges we face. The corollary? We all is good people and they missed Hitler?....or Hitler was better than the outcome otherwise? ........or is yet to be corrected? Several movies have those "Time Waves" that come thru like earthquakes. I've never felt one though. They might be fiction.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

supervitor
Frequent Poster

Postby supervitor » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:34 pm

Movie suggestion whose message is we could avoid this question because it would probably be pointless (to kill the baby): The White Ribbon (Das Weisse Band - Eine deutsche Kindergeschichte)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1149362

Very good.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:29 am

Killing baby Hitler would be a drastic attempt to change a future that had not yet happened when you killed him. Less drastic measure might prove just as effective, more effective, or less effective. It would be impossible to determine the consequences of killing baby Hitler.

You might be more successful waiting until he was older, then killing him. Predictions of the consequences would be more accurate.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:28 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Killing baby Hitler is a discussion in the Stephen King novel and movie "The Dead Zone" (1983). In the movie, Martin Sheen is a modern "Hitler" about to become president. Christopher Walken, can see the future and debates killing him.

This is one of the better Stephen King book adaptations.

Good movie.

It seemz kind uv obvious now, but I dont recall ever actually hearing it or thinking uv it this way - seeing the future iz almost like time travel into the past and openz the same practical opportunityz.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

digress
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: doomer

Postby digress » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:26 pm

Im from America, supported war on Iraq and defend the right to own a gun. Thats enough to profile my answer, right?
  God is an idea.  

"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg
"I am not a concept..." -Confidencia

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:21 pm

digress wrote:Im from America, supported war on Iraq and defend the right to own a gun. Thats enough to profile my answer, right?

Erm... you`d do it only if oil money was in play? :(

digress
Frequent Poster

Postby digress » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:48 pm

hmm How large is the oil bounty on Hitlers head?

Btw, Jeb is clearly anti-American because if he killed baby Hitler U.S. private industry would not have profited off the oil we distributed to the Nazi party. And we would have lost Einstein's nuke. You're welcome Flash.
  God is an idea.  

"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:21 am

You are kidding, we gave the Nazi party oil? Didn't know that.
What kind of oil? Olive oil, Oil of Olay No wonder they looked healthy. Until that long retreat from Russia that ruined their complexion. :mrgreen:

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:06 am

Flash wrote:You are kidding, we gave the Nazi party oil? Didn't know that.
What kind of oil? Olive oil, Oil of Olay No wonder they looked healthy. Until that long retreat from Russia that ruined their complexion. :mrgreen:

Oil indeed – maybe partially hydrogenated sunflower oil or even hair oil.

But was that historical oil, or maybe hypothetical oil if a do-over is arranged?

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:46 am

It was the type of oil used to manufacture mustache wax.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

digress
Frequent Poster

Postby digress » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:30 am

Flash wrote:You are kidding, we gave the Nazi party oil? Didn't know that.

Is this where Matthew Ellard asks if I've any lasts words?
  God is an idea.  

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:43 am

I would take candy from baby Hitler. I would violently shake baby Hitler. I would give baby Hitler toys with small parts. I would not vaccinate baby Hitler. I would let baby Hitler swim less than one hour after eating. I would let baby Hitler run with scissors. I would leave a Catholic priest alone with baby Hitler. I would line baby Hitler's crib with plastic grocery bags.
While I'm at it, I would do all these things to baby Donald Trump as well as kill him if I could go back in time, too. Cuz ya never know...
This is a sentence. tHi5 iz a seN+3nce oN drUgs!!!

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"--sign seen at Occupy Wall St. protest.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:02 am

I think Hitler survived WWII and became Donald Trump. How else do you explain the weird hair? You can't!
#ANDAMOVIE

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:33 pm

:shock:
It makes sense. Adolf has 5 letters and Donald has 6. Hitler has 6 letters while Trump has 5. SEE!!!???!!!
Nazi has 4 letters while the campaign slogan, "Make America great again", has 24 letters if you count the spaces in between them. 24/4=6. The third 6. Donald Hitler Make America great again / nazi +bad hair day X 4 years = the end.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"--sign seen at Occupy Wall St. protest.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:20 pm

Time to kill ourselves again. ...Right?
#ANDAMOVIE

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:35 pm

After I kill myself, I can use my baby-killing-enabling time machine to go back in time and stop me from killing myself thus saving my own life. Brilliant!

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:01 pm

Aztexan wrote::shock:
It makes sense. Adolf has 5 letters and Donald has 6. Hitler has 6 letters while Trump has 5. SEE!!!???!!!
Nazi has 4 letters while the campaign slogan, "Make America great again", has 24 letters if you count the spaces in between them. 24/4=6. The third 6. Donald Hitler Make America great again / nazi +bad hair day X 4 years = the end.

But but but... Hitler has 5 letters and Trump has 5 letters, and Nazi has 4 letters while "Make America great again" has 4 words, and since they have lived on different continents, don`t they cancel each other out? If we close our eyes, and softly say poof, will Trump just go away?

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:03 pm

No, it's much easier to go back in time and strangle baby Trump.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:26 pm

No need. I predict he will be strangled by hiz comb-over befor the election seazon beginz. All it takes iz a gust uv wind and a swing uv hiz hed in the rong direction.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:59 am

TJrandom wrote:If we close our eyes, and softly say poof, will Trump just go away?

No, he'll rant about the evils of homosexuality.
#ANDAMOVIE

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:15 am

I'm not a political analyst, nor even a pop psychiatrist, but I do like thinking the worst of people.

What are the odds right now that trump will be president? About near zero I would think. Odds of him winning the Puke nomination? About 50/50 I would think given the path thru the initial states AND his own money.

I have always thought of Trump like Scientology: a joke that got out of hand. If reality is any guide at all to Trump, I would think he would realize he ain't gonna be President and how to best deal with that? I also have always thought Trump engaged in Politics to raise his profile as a Business Man/Entertainer/Con Man--politician just overlapping all three. But at this Heart: Does Trump want the constant criticism that comes with Politics? =======>I don't think so.

I think Trump will bow out at some point. He'll find some excuse that "the system" wasn't fair and was loaded against him and he will return to the life style and idolization all Billionaires deserve.

Yea, verily!

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:27 am

Shows what I know; I thought Trump was already president.
#ANDAMOVIE

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:39 am

Gord wrote:Shows what I know; I thought Trump was already president.

I think he is President of the Trump Self-Admiration Society.... but beyond that, maybe not.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:54 am

WW1 field marshall / 1st earl D Haig should be added to the list of war criminals .
watching a Canadian station show about what he did to Newfoundland

root cause however is a religion created in northwest Africa , that is still going like the energizer bunny from hell
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
for the real minority ; there will be no justice , there will be no peace .
makes sense 2me , so it has 2be wrong .

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:57 am

digress wrote:hmm How large is the oil bounty on Hitlers head?

Btw, Jeb is clearly anti-American because if he killed baby Hitler U.S. private industry would not have profited off the oil we distributed to the Nazi party. And we would have lost Einstein's nuke. You're welcome Flash.

What oil we "distributed to the Nazi party".
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:46 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:WW1 field marshall / 1st earl D Haig should be added to the list of war criminals .

Why Haig?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... e30717153/
#ANDAMOVIE

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:33 am

Gord wrote:
psychiatry is a scam wrote:WW1 field marshall / 1st earl D Haig should be added to the list of war criminals .

Why Haig?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... e30717153/

Good link , but the tv story explains how it was his strategy (attrition) and orders to send them walking into slaughter .
he also lied about the results to his superiors .
he kept on with this strategy . even after the end of the war he still believed cavalry charges were key to winning .
for the real minority ; there will be no justice , there will be no peace .
makes sense 2me , so it has 2be wrong .

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:43 am

The problem with killing baby Hitler is you have to kill baby Ernst Rohm and a bunch of others as well. Hitler was THE guy that made the Nazis, but without the Beer Hall Putsch he would have never become an icon for the Stab In The Back folks. But someone else would have filled that vacuum.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:44 am

Return to “Popular Culture”