Good/Bad New Moviez

Weird things people do.
Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Re: Good/Bad New Moviez

Postby Monster » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:02 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Monster wrote:Saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

It's a good movie. It's a sci fi comedy movie. Nebula is the sexiest alien robot monster woman in the universe.

Spoiler:
Whoever is the art director in this movie is a genius. Everything on Ego's planet was exquisite.

EDIT: The makeup was spectacular. The yellow robot woman looked like actual robots.

Recommendation: See it.

The "yellow robot woman" wasn't a robot.

I used the wrong word in my text. It should have been "women", not "woman". The yellow robot women were robots. I guess they were supposed to be prostitutes. They're on the planet where we first see Yondu and Sylvester Stallone.

I wasn't talking about the golden woman nor her species.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:17 pm

Yeah, the mechanical parts certainly lent a "robot" air to them. I promptly forgot them.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:58 pm

Monster wrote:Saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

It's a good movie. It's a sci fi comedy movie. Nebula is the sexiest alien robot monster woman in the universe.

Spoiler:
Whoever is the art director in this movie is a genius. Everything on Ego's planet was exquisite.

EDIT: The makeup was spectacular. The yellow robot woman looked like actual robots.

Recommendation: See it.

Saw this yesterday, thoroughly enjoyed it. I also recommend this.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:55 am

Can you beleev I goofed up Lord uv xu Ringz? :(

I got 4 moviez from the library with the advise to woc The Hobbit The 5 Armiez first kuz its a prequel. Seemed like I wuz starting in the middle on that, so didnt enjoy it much. Then I'd forgotten the order uv the Ringlord moviez, so went by the copyrite date on the disks. Agen, seemed like I'm in the middle on the 1st movie, so didnt enjoy it. It wuz a lot uv running back and forth all over the map, seemingly important old frendz showing up to save the day who I had not seen before, all about the ugly doodz vastly outnumbering the pretty boyz.

Probably plain to Ring fanz, I'd started with The 2 Towerz. My goof wuz that the copyrite on the DVD in the BR + DVD box for Fellowship wuz 2010, I assume for the assemblaj uv the special featurez insted uv 2001 for the movie. If I'd looked a little harder, I woud hav seen 2001 on the BR wich iz befor 2002 and 2003 for the other moviez.

And now I see there are 2 previous Peter Jackson Hobbit moviez, so I'm totally screwed.

I'll hav to wait yirz to let my mixed up viewing memoriez fade befor giving it another try, otherwize it will be just me thinking insted uv living in the world.

Shoud hav gon to IMDB first.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:30 am

Just read the books.

I'm a huge Tolkien fan. I've read everything he wrote.

The Hobbit movies were trash. It really only needed two movies, but they stretched it to three for the cha-ching, which was a huge mistake. Padded-out with really boring extended CG action sequences. I actually fell asleep in the theatre in the last two, and I didn't feel like I'd missed anything. I've watched them once again since then, and my opinion hasn't changed. And I don't feel compelled to watch them again.

The LotR movies were great, I thought. I even cried when I first saw Fellowship, for the grand treatment I felt the story deserved. Then Two Towers threw in some trashy action scenes like Legolas skateboarding down stairs on a shield, and I groaned and rolled rolled my eyes. :roll: Return of the King returned to mostly business.

But if you're going to watch LotR, I highly recommend the extended versions. There's a lot of good stuff that got cut in the cinema versions that really helps flesh-out the story and characters.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:44 am

I couldn't get past starting Tolkien. All the invented vocabulary was just tedious.........oh..........ha!==> Jo might like or really dislike Tolkien just for that?

MOVIES: the 36 hour sit through for Game of Thrones just got over. In prior years, I tried to watch it but could not follow the story. THIS TIME.... I watched a few shows right from the beginning and it gave me the structure I needed to follow the plots. The photography/settings/costumes are great. Character motivations rather monotomous with the same plot lines repeated about 4 times. Don't like magic so that always puts me off. Ha, ha....I personally would like to see some of the more plebeian aspects. How did they raise the food and smelt the iron for those million man armies that were on call all over the place? At least: they didn't mix it up with lasers or other misplaced tech.

I think the longer form serials really are superior to most movies. My preference anyway. Find something you like..... you want it to continue.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:31 am

Major Malfunction wrote:Just read the books.

The Hobbit movies were trash. It really only needed two movies, but they stretched it to three for the cha-ching, which was a huge mistake. Padded-out with really boring extended CG action sequences. I actually fell asleep in the theatre in the last two, and I didn't feel like I'd missed anything. I've watched them once again since then, and my opinion hasn't changed. And I don't feel compelled to watch them again.

The LotR movies were great, I thought. I even cried when I first saw Fellowship, for the grand treatment I felt the story deserved. Then Two Towers threw in some trashy action scenes like Legolas skateboarding down stairs on a shield, and I groaned and rolled rolled my eyes. :roll: Return of the King returned to mostly business.

But if you're going to watch LotR, I highly recommend the extended versions. There's a lot of good stuff that got cut in the cinema versions that really helps flesh-out the story and characters.

Agree to most, though I liked The Hobbit a bit more than you.
The books are fantastic, both The Hobbit and LOTR. They started me down my rode to geekdom. Sadly I don't read much fiction, much less fantasy, these days.
Odd, my favorite movie is Fellowship, my favorite book was Return of the King, mostly due to the appendix material at the end. I also recommend The Silmarrilon (I hope I spelled that right) even though it's a bit of a trial to start with.
I also recommend the Director's Cuts of the LOTR movies, but, I generally recommend Director's Cuts on all movies.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:50 am

The Silmarillion is a real slog. Only for really hardcore fans.

But the short story anthologies of Unfinished Tales are great for fans that want to know more about the history and characters of Middle Earth, in easily digestible chunks.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:48 am

Major Malfunction wrote:The Silmarillion is a real slog. Only for really hardcore fans.

I'm a glutton for punishment.... :lol:

Once I started reading it I liked it but it took a couple of starts and stops to get there.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:17 am

One of the very few books I never finished. I didn't even get very far in it. But I still have my old copy. Maybe one of these...years. :lol:

Lard, save me from your followers.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:33 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:All the invented vocabulary was just tedious.........oh..........ha!==> Jo might like or really dislike Tolkien just for that?

I havent red the books, but they show sum uv it in the moviez. Nise script, especially on the ring wen its glowing. Wut duz bug me iz the standard English in the Shire. Iz there sumthing about this being in the far future uv this Earth? its a common problem in sifi and fantasy moviez.

the 36 hour sit through for Game of Thrones just got over.

Great seriez. I believ it concludez next seazon, wich iz 7, but therez a spin off in the works.

I think the longer form serials really are superior to most movies. My preference anyway. Find something you like..... you want it to continue.

I agree. At least now, anyway. In the past they didnt put enuf $ into seriez to compete with moviez. But it woud still be hard to pit a TV seriez agenst a
major movie franchise. Better to do both like Marvel iz doing with Ajents uv Shield & Avenjerz.

Where cable TV can really shine iz drama and comedy. I'm going to be re-watching the best ever - Breaking Bad - for the 6th time starting this week.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:54 am

scrmbldggs wrote:One of the very few books I never finished. I didn't even get very far in it. But I still have my old copy. Maybe one of these...years. :lol:

Yeah. It took me four shots. About once a decade. To finally plough through. Even tho' I still didn't understand it, and probably need another four decades.

It's hard work, and I can't say it's worth it.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:01 pm

Monster wrote:Alien: Covenant

Not bad. Not great.

It's not bad. It's not great. It's {!#%@} awful. Terrible. Crap and {!#%@}. It's not even B-grade. It's barely scraping the underside of a D-grade barrel. It's not even in there.

Late night vacuum cleaner ads have higher production values.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:49 am

I refrained from watching The Hobbit movies specifically because it's my favorite Tolkien book, and I didn't want someone else's imagery in my head every time I reread it. My favorite unrelated uncle (close family friend) gave me a beautiful hardbound copy when I was about 10. I still have it, and it remains one of my favorite adventure/coming-of-age stories.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:02 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I also recommend the Director's Cuts of the LOTR movies, but, I generally recommend Director's Cuts on all movies.
There are several places where that falls apart:

Apocalypse Now Redon't (I mean Redux) - WTF was Coppola thinking? Did he sample too much of his own wine? Why add more than 45 minutes of unnecessary crap to this masterpiece?

Blade Runner (the Ridley Scott-approved cut) - Unless you've read Philip K. Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?—which I highly recommend, BTW—you'll be completely lost without Deckard's narration. (I also recommend the sequelae written by KW Jeter; they nicely tie together the movie and book going forward.)

Star Wars - every single change George Lucas made from the original theatrical release back in 1977. Burn in hell, George, you horrible little man.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:12 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:I refrained from watching The Hobbit movies specifically because it's my favorite Tolkien book, and I didn't want someone else's imagery in my head every time I reread it.

I really only watched it for the battle of the giants in the valley, Bilbo meets Gollum, and Bilbo meets Smaug.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:15 am

Major Malfunction wrote:
Monster wrote:Alien: Covenant

Not bad. Not great.

It's not bad. It's not great. It's {!#%@} awful. Terrible. Crap and {!#%@}. It's not even B-grade. It's barely scraping the underside of a D-grade barrel. It's not even in there.

Late night vacuum cleaner ads have higher production values.

So....how do you really feel?
:lol:

I liked it. I gave my review further up the thread.

My main problem is that it directly contradicts the canon that Scott himself accepts. There will be an Alien: Awakening though I think the studio will insist on a smaller budget.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:17 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:

I refrained from watching The Hobbit movies specifically because it's my favorite Tolkien book, and I didn't want someone else's imagery in my head every time I reread it. My favorite unrelated uncle (close family friend) gave me a beautiful hardbound copy when I was about 10. I still have it, and it remains one of my favorite adventure/coming-of-age stories.

Some of the fondest memories of my childhood relate to The Hobbit. My grandfather used to take me to the library in San Antonio, Texas. I discovered The Hobbit and LOTR there.
Last edited by Jeffk 1970 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:21 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:Blade Runner (the Ridley Scott-approved cut) - Unless you've read Philip K. Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?—which I highly recommend, BTW—you'll be completely lost without Deckard's narration.

First things first: PK Dick is a terrible writer. I have a large collection of his books and I would gladly pay you to take them away.

And, yes. I miss the narration in the Blade Runner director's cut. It was like a future noir detective novel with. I liked. Not so much without.

And now is the future, and we don't have lovebots. I am disappoint.
Last edited by Major Malfunction on Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:23 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:I also recommend the Director's Cuts of the LOTR movies, but, I generally recommend Director's Cuts on all movies.
There are several places where that falls apart:

Apocalypse Now Redon't (I mean Redux) - WTF was Coppola thinking? Did he sample too much of his own wine? Why add more than 45 minutes of unnecessary crap to this masterpiece?

Blade Runner (the Ridley Scott-approved cut) - Unless you've read Philip K. Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?—which I highly recommend, BTW—you'll be completely lost without Deckard's narration. (I also recommend the sequelae written by KW Jeter; they nicely tie together the movie and book going forward.)

Star Wars - every single change George Lucas made from the original theatrical release back in 1977. Burn in hell, George, you horrible little man.

I've never seen Redux, only the theatrical cut, same with Blade Runner. I didn't mind Lucas going back to the original trilogy but after awhile it just felt like he was showing off the new toys and gadgets (Han shot first, goddamnit!!!!!). It also pisses me off that he adamantly refuses to allow the old theatrical cuts out.

I do recommend the Director's Cuts of Alien and Aliens, also the "Assembly Line" cut of Alien III.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:24 am

I sound like a heathen (I know) but Blade Runner never made much of an impression on me.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:29 am

I thought Alien3 was {!#%@} when I saw it in the cinema, but it kinda grew on me over the years.

I still think it's {!#%@}. But it's four magnitudes better than Alien: Covenant.
Last edited by Major Malfunction on Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:31 am

Major Malfunction wrote:I though Alien3 was {!#%@} when I saw it in the cinema, but it kinda grew on me over the years.

I still think it's {!#%@}. But it's four magnitudes better than Alien: Covenant.

If you can watch the Assembly Line Cut, it's much better than the cinematic version.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:40 am

You know how the accepted norm for rating movies is five stars?

Well, I invented negative stars.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:47 am

LOL
So, what's your rating system?

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:35 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:So....how do you really feel?
:lol:

This is why I love this forum. It's the only place in the world I can really express my thoughts and feelings.

Not without being judged. I get judged the {!#%@} outta all the time. Slightest typo or crazy-stupid idea.

I blossom in a realm of constructive criticism.

There are some really smart people here.

It's like the Super Villain Bar. Except skeptics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt__1gwGZSA

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:37 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:LOL
So, what's your rating system?

-- Tried it. Hate it. Cannot watch
- Yawn. Tried. Don't care.
? Tried. I might come back to it in the right mood
* Watched it. Meh
** It was OK
*** I like it!
**** T3H AWESOME!

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:37 am

Major Malfunction wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:Blade Runner (the Ridley Scott-approved cut) - Unless you've read Philip K. Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?—which I highly recommend, BTW—you'll be completely lost without Deckard's narration.

First things first: PK Dick is a terrible writer. I have a large collection of his books and I would gladly pay you to take them away.

And, yes. I miss the narration in the Blade Runner director's cut. It was like a future noir detective novel with. I liked. Not so much without.

And now is the future, and we don't have lovebots. I am disappoint.

I'm not a huge fan, but a lot of the movie makes more sense if you've read the book. Like the reason why there are animal replicants and other backstory elements. Frankly, the movie's infinitely better than the book. Jeter's sequelae takes the better parts of the book and the open-ended ending of the movie and goes from there; his plots are excellent.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:50 am

"The Book" is like, five pages. It's a short story. One of PK Dick's many unpolished brainfarts.

But that's one of the reasons there are so many movies based on his crap. It so open-ended. No real structure or plot. And his estate sold all the rights as a job lot. Hollywood loves that stuff. It's like Pooh and Hunny.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:51 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I've never seen Redux, only the theatrical cut, same with Blade Runner.
Definitely don't bother with Redux, unless you want to get a hate-on for Coppola. The Blade Runner cut is interesting, but I feel the original with the narrative is better.

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I didn't mind Lucas going back to the original trilogy but after awhile it just felt like he was showing off the new toys and gadgets (Han shot first, goddamnit!!!!!). It also pisses me off that he adamantly refuses to allow the old theatrical cuts out.
I disliked all the changes. Lucas seemed like he wanted to make it more serious instead of the space cowboy movie it was. There was so many little things that were humorous, and he ruthlessly cut them. For example, when Han and Luke are walking around the Death Star with Chewie and they run into that little messenger droid? In the original, Chewie growls at it, and it squeals, makes a 3-point turn, and rolls away. Lucas cut the sound effects, which detracted from the humor.

In the escape scene, the stormtroopers first yell, "Close the blast doors!" then, when they realize the rebels are getting away, "Open the blast doors!" Funny as hell. Lucas cut out the first line. Not funny anymore. There are a ton of other examples. Lucas should have been slowly dismembered with a light saber. And I will only retract my sadistic recommendation if he releases the original theatrical release on DVD. Otherwise, I'm headed for the Dark Side.

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I sound like a heathen (I know) but Blade Runner never made much of an impression on me.

:shockd: Of course, you realize this means war. :slapfight: :wgrin:

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:52 am

Major Malfunction wrote:"The Book" is like, five pages. It's a short story. One of PK Dick's many unpolished brainfarts.

But that's one of the reasons there are so many movies based on his crap. It so open-ended. No real structure or plot. And his estate sold all the rights as a job lot. Hollywood loves that stuff. It's like Pooh and Hunny.

He does ramble. Then again, he spent the better part of his life high AF. He had some interesting ideas, but should have had someone else put them to paper.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:12 am

I've read they've made a TV series based on The Man in the High Castle. I can't imagine anything more tedious and unfulfilling.

Do the Lensman, Hollywood. Sheesh. How many times do I need to say this? Pay the money for the rights. It's worth it.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:11 am

And while we're at it, the Altered Carbon series by Richard K Morgan would make a fantastic action movie!

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:58 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:I've read they've made a TV series based on The Man in the High Castle. I can't imagine anything more tedious and unfulfilling.

Do the Lensman, Hollywood. Sheesh. How many times do I need to say this? Pay the money for the rights. It's worth it.

As long as they stop murdering Heinlein's novels at the movies. Sheesh. The old man must be rolling in his grave.

Then again, the sci-fi movies that have been watchable are few and far between.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:59 pm

A few weeks ago I watched all six of the LOTRverse movies, one per day. No problems with them as movies.

Seen Wonder Woman three times now. Biggest problem is the Kaiser's ship. Schwaben was a predreadnought, while the ship in the movie is clearly a Breslau-class light cruiser.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:41 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:As long as they stop murdering Heinlein's novels at the movies. Sheesh. The old man must be rolling in his grave.

True, true.

I was the only person in the cinema watching Ender's Game. I thought it was awesome, exactly like I imagine the author might've imagined it, on a really big screen with really cool computer graphics!

And Sunshine was awesome until the stupid horror bit at the end. Seriously, it would've been a better movie if they just made the mission, saw the sparkles, the Sun brightens, everyone smiles knowing a bunch of brave people sacrificed themselves... You know?

The original written end of Passengers made more sense than the cinematic release. There was so much more space to really explore
philosophically.

The Martian was a decent shot.

Actually, I think they're starting to get the message. Slower than I'd like. But I think they might be starting realise there's a lot of material they could be working with. Deadpool was a point in Hollywood history. I put that in sci-fi. The audience aren't all little babies that cry over naughty words, you know?

Some of us like to think.

Can you remind me of some Heinlein movies?

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:01 pm

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:06 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:As long as they stop murdering Heinlein's novels at the movies. Sheesh. The old man must be rolling in his grave.

True, true.

I was the only person in the cinema watching Ender's Game. I thought it was awesome, exactly like I imagine the author might've imagined it, on a really big screen with really cool computer graphics!

And Sunshine was awesome until the stupid horror bit at the end. Seriously, it would've been a better movie if they just made the mission, saw the sparkles, the Sun brightens, everyone smiles knowing a bunch of brave people sacrificed themselves... You know?

The original written end of Passengers made more sense than the cinematic release. There was so much more space there to really explore
there philosophically.

The Martian was a decent shot.

Actually, I think they're starting to get the message. Slower than I'd like. But I think they might be starting realise there's a lot of material they could be working with. Deadpool was a point in Hollywood history. I put that in sci-fi. The audience aren't all little babies that cry over naughty words, you know?

Some of us like to think.

Can you remind me of some Heinlein movies?
Awful ones: Starship Troopers, Red Planet, The Puppet Masters
I haven't seen this, so it may not be horrible: Predestination (based on the short story "All You Zombies")

I haven't seen any of the newer ones, mostly because I don't go to the movies. Too uncomfortable for me.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:12 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Seen Wonder Woman three times now. Biggest [SNIP]

No spoilers!

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Postby ElectricMonk » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:18 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Seen Wonder Woman three times now. Biggest problem is the Kaiser's ship. Schwaben was a predreadnought, while the ship in the movie is clearly a Breslau-class light cruiser.

now you've ruined it!
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

Return to “Popular Culture”