Postby fromthehills » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:23 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX0x-I06Fpc

Not sure if we've posted this one. It the best worst movie I've seen

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Good/Bad New Moviez

Postby Monster » Sun May 14, 2017 1:10 am

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

It's a good movie. It's a sci fi comedy movie. Nebula is the sexiest alien robot monster woman in the universe.

Spoiler:
Whoever is the art director in this movie is a genius. Everything on Ego's planet was exquisite.

EDIT: The makeup was spectacular. The yellow robot woman looked like actual robots.

Recommendation: See it.
Last edited by Monster on Sun May 14, 2017 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun May 14, 2017 1:49 am

I want to see Guardians and Alien: Covenant.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Postby Major Malfunction » Sun May 14, 2017 5:22 am

Monster wrote:Saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

It's a good movie.

It wasn't as good as the first one, and I felt the character development was a little forced. But still worth the watch if you enjoyed the first one.

Mindhorn.

A super-cheesy comedy based on a crappy action TV series from the '70s/'80s. I have nothing bad to say about it. It was hilarious the whole way through.

See it! 5/5.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:06 pm

I saw Alien: Covenant today.

Spoiler free review:
A good, not great entry into the franchise. It covers the origins into the alien species and shows what happened to David and Shaw from Prometheus.
Creature effects are very good and shows two different alien species, one, described as a "xenomorph" on-line and a "protomorph" (on-line description).
Verdict:
As someone who really enjoyed the first two movies this movie comes in as a solid "B." I say see it, it sets up following entries into this series.
That being said there is going to be some retconning involved to set up the original Alien movie.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:07 pm

Yes, I ditched work today to see it.
:lol:

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:07 pm

Next up, Guardians of the Galaxy. That will probably be next month.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue May 23, 2017 12:52 pm

American Gods.

Not a movie, but a TV series.

I read the book, and By Gods!, this is an almost perfect adaptation!
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:05 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:American Gods.

Not a movie, but a TV series.

I read the book, and By Gods!, this is an almost perfect adaptation!

I don't have Starz but it looks interesting.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue May 23, 2017 1:34 pm

Yeah, well, I dunno... I don't have that either... But um, I dunno... The trailers look interesting? Yes, that's it. The trailers are interesting.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:44 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:Yeah, well, I dunno... I don't have that either... But um, I dunno... The trailers look interesting? Yes, that's it. The trailers are interesting.

American Gods is only showing on a pay channel, Starz. I don't have a subscription to that channel. I think the show looks interesting so I may, at some point, try and watch it. I may get the book and read it.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue May 23, 2017 2:01 pm

Yes, yes! Read the book. It's very good.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:17 pm

LOL, I'll try but that means I'll have to find time to read yet another book. I'm about four behind.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Tue May 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I saw Alien: Covenant today.

Spoiler free review:
A good, not great entry into the franchise. It covers the origins into the alien species and shows what happened to David and Shaw from Prometheus.
Creature effects are very good and shows two different alien species, one, described as a "xenomorph" on-line and a "protomorph" (on-line description).
Verdict:
As someone who really enjoyed the first two movies this movie comes in as a solid "B." I say see it, it sets up following entries into this series.
That being said there is going to be some retconning involved to set up the original Alien movie.

The old switcheroo was telegraphed early on.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue May 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:LOL, I'll try but that means I'll have to find time to read yet another book. I'm about four behind.

Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan is another book screaming for screen adaption... Holy {!#%@}! It's real! I've gotta see this! Whatever means necessary.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue May 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Meh. The Internet tricked me. :( Uh. Maybe might happen. Should happen.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed May 24, 2017 12:09 pm

The uh, ahem... Trailers. For the new Archer series look good, too.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:57 am

Alien Covenant. An exellent entry in the Alien seriez. Haz alot uv the nitemare aspect uv the orijinal, plus plenty uv action like in Alienz.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Wed May 31, 2017 2:43 am

Skyline.

It's a perfectly fine sci fi horror movie, but the acting was excruciatingly bad.

Recommendation: See it if you like sci fi horror movies with cool special effects. And you don't mind that the movie couldn't be described as "cerebral".

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:24 am

Terminator Jenisis.

Posted about it here befor after seeing it at the theater. Wocht it agen on BR tonite. Seemd better this time, but the dum stuff and continuity errorz are still irritating.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:14 pm

Wonder Woman.

It's a perfectly fine movie. Lots of cool fighting. It's not a spectacular movie.

Gal Gadot plays a goddess and she's the type of woman that I would describe as a goddess. She's got the perfect face to be Wonder Woman.

The fight music theme is great but sadly it's very brief.

If there is a Wonder Woman sequel, this first movie could be abbreviated as WW1 and the sequel as WW2.

I saw it in 4DX. It sucked in 4DX. Don't see it in 4DX. It was also in 3D. The 3D adds nothing.

Recommendation: See it if you like superhero stuff. It doesn't suck.

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:46 am

Alien: Covenant

Not bad. Not great. It's a fine sci fi/horror movie. Lots of action. Lots of non-action. It has many subtle parallels to Alien (the first one).

Spoiler:
I don't like the change in origin of the alien creatures. It shits on other storylines. For example, the first Alien vs. Predator movie. In that movie, the xenomorph species is already millennia old. However, with this new movie, the xenomorph species only originated in the future. And, it's not an independently evolved creature. It was engineered by a synthetic human.

And in Alien: Covenant, who the hell planted the wheat? My best guess is that it was planted by the creatures that created humans (the progenitors from Prometheus). Other than that, it could have been planted by David, but he would have no purpose to plant it since he's a synthetic.

Recommendation: Sure, see it, if you like sci fi/horror stuff.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:27 am

Spoiler:
It looks like there needz to be at least 1 more prequel to get us to Alien. I figure David only thinks he created the fase hugger variety. Or he lied for sum reazon. In the Prometheus BR extraz, Peter Weyland mentionz LV 426 in an email, so we no the crashed ship iz alredy there.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:32 am

Spoilers for alien: Covenant:

Spoiler:
My issue with the movie is it seems like there is going to be a struggle trying to connect Covenant with Alien and Aliens.

The wrecked derelict ship in Alien always felt ancient. Aliens introduced the Queen. As far as I know these two movies are considered canon as Scott is choosing to ignore the AVP movies.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:35 am

JO 753 wrote:Terminator Jenisis.

Posted about it here befor after seeing it at the theater. Wocht it agen on BR tonite. Seemd better this time, but the dum stuff and continuity errorz are still irritating.

I watched that tonight.

Spoiler:
I found myself getting annoyed with the time travel stuff as it unraveled the entire franchise. I'm getting tired of the reboot crap, leave the fans something to hang on to. The first two Terminator movies are classics, same with Alien and Aliens.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:52 am

Spoiler:
Hard to see anything there az a spoiler. The thing about time travel in the Terminator moviez iz that there iz alwayz an inherent paradox unless you see it from a multiverse perspectiv. Even without that, therez nothing they can do to the timeline that duznt work if you go by the statements uv Kyle Reese: "Wun possible future..." "The future'z not set", so from the beginning, James Cameron set up the Terminator universe with a malleable history.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:54 am

JO 753 wrote:
Spoiler:
Hard to see anything there az a spoiler. The thing about time travel in the Terminator moviez iz that there iz alwayz an inherent paradox unless you see it from a multiverse perspectiv. Even without that, therez nothing they can do to the timeline that duznt work if you go by the statements uv Kyle Reese: "Wun possible future..." "The future'z not set", so from the beginning, James Cameron set up the Terminator universe with a malleable history.

Spoiler:
I like using the spoiler thingy.

:lol:

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:00 pm

Spoiler:
Welll, therez a risk uv being the boy hoo kried wolf. And there are cheap skates hoo read spoilerz INSTED uv watching the movie! If they read all this expecting to finally see sum Terminator, they will be angry and report us to Pyrro for false spoilerification.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:15 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Spoiler:
Welll, therez a risk uv being the boy hoo kried wolf. And there are cheap skates hoo read spoilerz INSTED uv watching the movie! If they read all this expecting to finally see sum Terminator, they will be angry and report us to Pyrro for false spoilerification.

Spoiler:
Point taken. I'll behave. :D

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:19 am

God's Not Dead

I won't bother putting anything in spoilers. Anyone who wants to see this movie already knows everything about it.

Cast of characters:
Hercules: This is the philosophy professor. The actor is Kevin Sorbo, who played Hercules in a TV show many years ago.
Christian kid: Hercules's antithesis. He argues in favor of his god.
Superman: This is a giant flaming douchebag whose inclusion in the movie seems inexplicable to me. The actor played Superman on a stupid TV show many years ago.
Superman's sister: Christian woman who is Hercules's girlfriend.
Reporter: Superman's girlfriend for a while.
Beardy Duck guy: This is one of the guys on Duck Dynasty. His inclusion in the movie seemed dumb and unnecessary. He's probably there to lend a little extra star power to the movie.
Muslim woman: A young woman who's clearly oppressed by her father.
Muslim father: Muslim woman's father.
Chinese kid: His dad's an atheist.
Preacher: A preacher.
Buddy of Preacher: The preacher's buddy.

Plot:

The movie focuses mostly on Christian kid's opposition to Hercules. However, there are several little storylines going on simultaneously. The inclusion of some of them seem haphazard.

Christian kid is challenged by Hercules, his philosophy teacher, to argue in favor of God's existence. Hercules takes the opposing position.

Christian kid made tons of bad arguments. I've listened to all of the extant Atheist Experience podcasts, and every argument Christian kid made I've heard before on that show. They were spoken many, many times on the Atheist Experience. His arguments included these: evolution is flawed, we have free will, the universe has a cause, thus God did it, and if there was no God, morality doesn't exist; all things are permissible.

Hercules does a poor job at refuting Christian kid's arguments.

Reporter, Superman, and Hercules are all atheists, supposedly. All are douchebags.

There was tons of converting to Christianity in this movie. Chinese kid decided to be a Christian. Muslim woman converted. Hercules stated he was an atheist, but at one point, he shouts that he hates God, which makes him seem like not an actual atheist. At the end, he "converts" to Christianity while dying. It's more like he accepts the Christian God that he already believed in.

Reporter treats Christians like dirt and derides them. She derided Beardy Duck guy and his wife for just no reason. Just to be an {!#%@} it seemed. She discovers that she's got cancer. At the end of the movie, she has a semiconversion to Christianity while talking to a Christian rock band. She was a douche to them too, but she decided to stop being a douche while talking to them.

Superman was a total douche. When Reporter told him that she had cancer, he said something like "Did you have to say that now?" What the Hell was Superman's role in the movie? I don't get it. His mom, who has dementia, said something about him being the devil. Maybe that was the reason he was in the movie.

Hercules was an {!#%@}. He was so cruel, petty, and horrible to Christian kid that I'd call him just plain evil. He treated Superman's sister, his girlfriend, like garbage in front of his philosopher friends. She left him one or two days later.

The Muslim storyline was another one that seemed useless. Muslim woman doesn't like wearing her headscarf, which covers her face. She secretly listens to Christian preachers. Muslim father finds out, and demands that she renounce Jesus. She refuses and he kicks her out of the house.

Preacher and Buddy of Preacher are inexplicable to me. What the Hell was the point of including these two idiots in the movie? Their entire story was about traveling to some other place, and they couldn't rent a good car. Preacher did two things with other characters in the movie, and Buddy of Preacher did nothing with anyone else except Preacher. Preacher got Hercules to accept Jesus when he was dying. And he told Superman's sister that Hercules doesn't respect her. That was the extent of his interaction with other characters in the movie.

The movie was quite chaotic from start to finish. Very poorly put together I think.

The end of the movie was a culmination of happy Christians listening to the Christian rock band and everybody texting everybody in their phone's contact list "God's Not Dead". So, Superman's sister still had Hercules in her contact list, so he receives that text too, right when he stated that he accepts Jesus when he was dying.

Acting:
Hercules does a perfectly fine job of acting. I could accept his character as believable except for the extreme cruelty he showed toward Christian kid and Superman's sister. He acted in such a way that it made me think "Wow, he's actually an actor, when compared to everybody else in the movie."

Everybody else did a kind of lackluster job at acting. Buddy of Preacher seemed like he was anti-acting.

Background music:
The background music was major key, positive sounding, light rock Christian music. I despised it.

Production quality:
I have no complaints here. I was satisfied with the camera work, sound, costumes, everything. It was all fine.

Recommendation: Don't bother seeing it. It's just ordinary Christian propaganda.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:06 am

AKA: Hercules Needs Work

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:19 pm

That movie sounds like one big happy projection fest.
Hi, Io the lurker.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:19 pm

Monster wrote:Saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

It's a good movie. It's a sci fi comedy movie. Nebula is the sexiest alien robot monster woman in the universe.

Spoiler:
Whoever is the art director in this movie is a genius. Everything on Ego's planet was exquisite.

EDIT: The makeup was spectacular. The yellow robot woman looked like actual robots.

The "yellow robot woman" wasn't a robot.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:20 pm

The Mummy. It's got "Mummy" in the title, so don't whinge.

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:55 pm

Another review of God's Not Dead. I watched it and it's reasonable. Surprisingly, the youtube got a vast number of downvotes. That's unusual for an atheist's video. This is part 1 but there seems to be no part 2 from this same user.

The end of the video is where Hercules is about to refute all of Christian kid's arguments. What he's going to say is "I HATE GOD!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgGAjsXBwY4

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:45 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:The Mummy. It's got "Mummy" in the title, so don't whinge.

Do you have an Oedipus complex?

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:45 am

:hmm: I think it's called a 'multiplex.'
Hi, Io the lurker.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:08 am

Major Malfunction wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:The Mummy. It's got "Mummy" in the title, so don't whinge.

Do you have an Oedipus complex?

No, I see my podiatrist regularly.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:50 pm

All The Prezidents Men . The story uv Watergate, mostly frum the perspectiv uv Woodward & Bernstien.

All The KIngz Men. Based on the political career uv Huey Long, a Luisiana hick who bekame governor.

All The Way. The story uv Lyndon B Johnsonz fite to pass Kennnedy'z equal rites amendment, starring Bryan Cranston.

All The Real Girlz. After 5 minits, I knew it wuz going to be wun uv thoze moviez that duznt go anywhere. I stuk it out & wuz rite.

All The Pretty Horsez. Cowboy movie set in 1949.

That wuznt even all the All The moviez at the library! There are at least 4 more. Aside from Real Girlz, they are OK.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:12 pm

Monster wrote:Logan.

I liked it a lot.

It's significantly less superhero-y than other superhero movies of late.

Good movie, but dam iz it grim!

Sins it duznt match up with the future history uv other X-men moviez, I'm wundering if Marvel iz going to start exploring the multiverse theory more directly.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Return to “Popular Culture”