Gonad Gided Mislz

Weird things people do.
JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Gonad Gided Mislz

Postby JO 753 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:53 pm

Alternate title: 2 Hedz Are Not Betr Than 1

With haf the men in pozitionz uv power in America loozing their jobz over sexual harrassment charjez, women with pertinent qualificationz shoud be FedExing their rezoomayz IMMEDIATELY. This iz a golden oportunity to put a big dent in the inequity problem. Employerz that are serious about avoiding future hasslez with harrassment will not fail to notis that there arent any women on that list.

Therez another side to this.

Evolutionarily speaking, our brainz are not suppozed to be in complete control uv our actionz. That woud be a reproductive disadvantaj. Malez are programmed to be bold and forseful and wimin are programmed to be timid and compliant. This aidz in the production uv offspring.

The men (like me) who reazon that offspring = I'll wake up 1 day and realize I am 70, not 17 and hav spent my life paying for brief moments uv pleasure shoud get a special trofy from the Darwin Award organization.

I think part uv the idea behind the marriaj invention iz to give peepl an organized, clean and regular outlet for their urjez. Maybe it works to sum degree for sum men, but put a randomly selected ordinary married guy in close proximity to attractiv wimin on an every-working-day basis and therez a good chans that he wont be able to help himself from eventually doing sumthing stoopid.

Its my opinion that the fault iz in our social structure. It iz a failure to take the reality uv our biolojy into account that creates a tangle uv hypocritical 'normz' uv behaviour, lawz, workplase rulez and relijus rulez. No suprize that sum men, especially thoze with the drive to rize to the upper crust uv their profesion, cant keep themselvez from breaking the rulez.

The sertain rezult uv this wave uv accuzationz will be more rulez, stiffer penaltyz and then 'education' beginning with the offenderz and spredding out to all employeez and down to grammar skool boyz. Persecution and suppression.

Insted uv denying reality, we shoud be looking into wayz to accomidate it.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Re: Gonad Gided Mislz

Postby JO 753 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:42 am

On rereading my OP, I see that sumwun coud get the impression that I condone the misdeedz uv the men who abuzed their power.

I do not.

Therez a big differens between crude tok & horseplay and forsing an underling into sex thru fear uv dismissal or promis uv promotion. Any defens that nothing to either effect wuz actually stated iz a disonest evasion.

You can ask where the line iz drawn, segjesting that the only safe solution iz 0 tolerans, but that openz up fresh territory for injustis by putting grabby handz & stoopid pranks on the same level az under age rape. The over enthuziastic date seeker gets tossed in the klink along with the serial pedofile, both under the same charj.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:40 am

JO 753 wrote:... Employerz that are serious about avoiding future hasslez with harrassment will not fail to notis that there arent any women on that list. ...

Men are better at not kissin` and tellin`...

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:13 pm

TJrandom wrote:
JO 753 wrote:... Employerz that are serious about avoiding future hasslez with harrassment will not fail to notis that there arent any women on that list. ...

Men are better at not kissin` and tellin`...

There are far fewer women in positions to abuse their power via inappropriate sexual behaviour. Men are less likely to feel intimidated or powerless in such situations, so are less likely to complain.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:42 pm

I think a good persentaj uv men, maybe 50%*, woud be happy to get 'harrassed' by their female boss and brag about it later. And the otherz woud just laff at her.

*persentajez will vary depending on the attractiveness uv the female boss. Consult your macroenterolojist for opportunitiez in your area. Rezults not garranteed. Opinionz expressed in this post are uv the chowderhed poster only and not endorsed by ZOL inc International or any uv its subsidieryz.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic

Postby OlegTheBatty » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:01 pm

JO 753 wrote:I think a good persentaj uv men, maybe 50%*, woud be happy to get 'harrassed' by their female boss and brag about it later. And the otherz woud just laff at her.

*persentajez will vary depending on the attractiveness uv the female boss. Consult your macroenterolojist for opportunitiez in your area. Rezults not garranteed. Opinionz expressed in this post are uv the chowderhed poster only and not endorsed by ZOL inc International or any uv its subsidieryz.

No. Sexual harassment isn't about consensual interactions, it is about non-consensual interactions.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:14 pm

Duznt affect my point.

A non-consenting man iz not likely to get raped and he will not keep quiet about the attack.

And many men are likely to consent. A much greater % than the oppozit and usual situation.

Wut woud you do?
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Postby ElectricMonk » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Humans are group animals; like wolves, not only do we need reassurance that we are part of the group, but many also need assurances that they are at the top of the hierarchy.
Mating privileges are indeed a traditional measure of Alpha-status, and it is a critical part of many successful's person self-image that they are entitled to said privileges: being denied calls their status into question.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic

Postby OlegTheBatty » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:38 pm

JO 753 wrote:Duznt affect my point.

A non-consenting man iz not likely to get raped and he will not keep quiet about the attack.

And many men are likely to consent. A much greater % than the oppozit and usual situation.

Wut woud you do?

There are plenty of women I would not consent to a sexual interaction with under any circumstances. Do you not have any filters, JO?

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:07 pm

Wuznt tokking about myself.

I hav standardz that are intentionally unrealistic. The fizikl caliber uv wimin that I'm attracted to ranje from way outa my league to not uv this Earth. And even the minumum way outa my league wimin are virtually non existant in this part uv America and I woudnt automaticly consent to hav sex with any woman just based on appearens.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic

Postby OlegTheBatty » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:19 pm

JO 753 wrote:Wuznt tokking about myself.

I hav standardz that are intentionally unrealistic. The fizikl caliber uv wimin that I'm attracted to ranje from way outa my league to not uv this Earth. And even the minumum way outa my league wimin are virtually non existant in this part uv America and I woudnt automaticly consent to hav sex with any woman just based on appearens.

Then why are you assuming other men don't have filters?

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:32 pm

Not an assumtion. Its an opinion based on many case historyz. And I dont mean all other men, just ruffly 50%.

Watching daytime trash TV and comparing thoze splooj monkeyz to your frendz, acquintensez and co-workerz, you mite be tempted to conclude that they (the splooj monkeyz) are the most out uv control segment uv the male population.

But look at wut the men who are in the newz theze dayz hav dun.

Who iz more out uv control - the unemployed early 20z low life with 6 kidz by 4 wimin getting smakt in the fase by hiz wife and 3 girl frendz on Jerry Springer or the mid 60z entertainment CEO ending hiz 50,000,000$ salary and flushing hiz career and legasy down the toilet by dangling hiz wiener in front uv hiz secretary?
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:18 am

You suppose those Jerry Springer displays are for real?

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:12 pm

Yes, mostly. Sum uv the gests seem like they just wanted to get on TV, so cooked up a fake story, but I no peepl who woud fit rite in there.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:28 am

JO 753 wrote:Yes, mostly. Sum uv the gests seem like they just wanted to get on TV, so cooked up a fake story, but I no peepl who woud fit rite in there.

You`ve got friends in low places... there must be a tune in there someplace. :?

I have only been subjected to those shows a few times - back when travelling in the US, and I always suspected that they were fake - since NOBODY could be that dumb.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:39 pm

The UK has Jeremy Kyle to prove that yes, plenty of people can be that dumb.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:24 am

Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

New Alabama state slogan contest

Postby JO 753 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:09 am

The lust for underaje girlz iz very common, so even if Roy Moore duznt win on Toozday, the tolerans for older men dating teenaje girlz in Alabama iz going to attract alot uv men, both az vizitorz and relocatorz. If he duz win, it will be a stampede!

The GoPs controlling that deep red state will see this az a big financial opportunity. Population = prosperity. To help this, they will creat an ad campane that playz up the reazon so many men are viziting and moving there.

The current motto, Audemus jura nostra defendere, latin for we dare defend our rites, will be retired in a solem serimony after wich they will unvail the winning entry.

I hav a few ideaz:

Back to the Bible - All the way back! (the pervz will know wut theyre tokking about)

Integri puellaeque tibi (fresh girls for you. They think uzing latin makes them look smart)

Age is just a state of mind - Consent to Alabama.

All kinda lame in my opinion. I'm sure sum uv you can think up way better.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster

Postby ElectricMonk » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:21 am

Good point, JO: since the right-wing media is bending over backwards to tell their viewers that there is nothing wrong with dating 12 year olds (with the parents permission), we can expect more and more brazed attempts at such relationships.
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:12 am

brazen
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:52 am

It's not just right wingers. It's liberals too, especially in Europe.

For example:

France considers setting age of consent to 13
http://wgntv.com/2017/11/14/france-considers-setting-age-of-consent-to-13/

See also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe wrote:The ages of consent vary by jurisdiction across Europe. The ages of consent are currently set between 14 and 18. . . .

Consent by age
14: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Montenegro, Portugal, San Marino, Serbia

15: Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Greece, Iceland, Monaco, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden

16: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Finland, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Moldova, Netherlands, Northern Cyprus, Norway, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom

The current age of consent in the state of Alabama is 16.

For the record, I am not advocating any particular age of consent. I am merely reporting the facts for those who do not already know.

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:21 pm

And then there's this: In 2017, the Los Angeles Film Critics Association voted "Call Me By Your Name"  the best film of the year, a film which "normalizes" and glorifies sex between adult males and underage boys.

Call me a cynic, but I suspect that the people who made that film are not Republicans or right wingers.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:31 pm

Odd! I am sure you or sumbudy rote that befor, but now I cant find it.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster

Postby ElectricMonk » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:08 pm

HUGE difference between teenagers consenting to each other and a significantly older grownup getting a teenager to consent.
Spoiler:
- Douglas Adams

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:10 pm

I'd make it 20 if I wuz Emperor uv Earth, and 30 till anybody coud produse offspring!

Unfortunately, kidz hit puberty at a wide ranje uv ajez, so any number iz unrealistic.

It disgusts me to see teenaje girlz with guyz over 30. The older, the worse. Any aje disparity, even if the yunger person iz in their 20z or 30z, looks rong, like Hugh Hefner with all thoze shameless gold diggerz. But I understand the reazonz behind the entire mess.

'You wanna be that guy, but you dont wanna see that guy!'
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:12 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:HUGE difference between teenagers consenting to each other and a significantly older grownup getting a teenager to consent.

There is no legal difference, as long as they are above the age of consent.

Perhaps you would like to explain what kind of difference you are referring to?

Do you have an opinion about the movie I mentioned, and the fact that it glorifies sex between male grownups and teenage boys under 18 and that liberal Hollywood is OK with that?

For the record, I'm not taking a position one way or the other. I am simply responding to your remarks with some factual observations that this is not a partisan issue, contrary to your implied claim.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster

Postby ElectricMonk » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:15 pm

Yes, there is a legal difference: see Romeo and Juliet laws.
And yes, there is no problem for me when we acknowledge that teenagers don't wait till 18 before they start having sex. The important thing is early and proper sex education (with big emphasis on contraception), before and during puberty.

None of that Abstinence BS.
Spoiler:
- Douglas Adams

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:16 am

I attended a taping uv Jenny Jonez many yirz ago. It wuz about a 13 yir girl and her same aje boy frend. She wuz either pregnant or alredy had the baby. Dont recall much beyond the look uv The Damd* on the boyz fase. Their parents were there also.

*You know, the look peeps get wen they hav entered The Inferno and the 3 ft thick iron doorz boom/clang shut behind them.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:36 am

xouper wrote:And then there's this: In 2017, the Los Angeles Film Critics Association voted "Call Me By Your Name"  the best film of the year, a film which "normalizes" and glorifies sex between adult males and underage boys.

Call me a cynic, but I suspect that the people who made that film are not Republicans or right wingers.

I suspect they could be, and in the absence of evidence see no reason to assume otherwise.

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:22 am

Recap (for context):

ElectricMonk wrote:Good point, JO: since the right-wing media is bending over backwards to tell their viewers that there is nothing wrong with dating 12 year olds (with the parents permission), we can expect more and more brazed attempts at such relationships.
xouper wrote:It's not just right wingers. It's liberals too, especially in Europe.

For example: France considers setting age of consent to 13
http://wgntv.com/2017/11/14/france-considers-setting-age-of-consent-to-13/

See also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe wrote:The ages of consent vary by jurisdiction across Europe. The ages of consent are currently set between 14 and 18. . . .

The current age of consent in the state of Alabama is 16.
ElectricMonk wrote:HUGE difference between teenagers consenting to each other and a significantly older grownup getting a teenager to consent.
xouper wrote:There is no legal difference, as long as they are above the age of consent.
ElectricMonk wrote:Yes, there is a legal difference: see Romeo and Juliet laws.

That is factually incorrect.

Romeo and Juliet laws do not apply when both parties are over the age of consent.

For example, in France if a 15 year old consents to have sex with 43 year old, that is perfectly legal.

In the state of Alabama if a 16 year old consents to have sex with 32 year old, that is perfectly legal.

Contrary to your assertion, there is no legal difference, as long as they are above the age of consent.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:33 am

Look at the other side uv the coin, xoup.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:23 am

JO 753 wrote:Look at the other side uv the coin, xoup.

If you feel I am missing your point, then please explain it clearly with sufficient detail and without riddles.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:34 am

I was rocked back on my heels last night. There is one (and only one) European state in which the age of consent is 12.

It's the Vatican City.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:44 am

:shock:
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:55 am

xouper wrote:If you feel I am missing your point, then please explain it clearly with sufficient detail and without riddles.

Not mine, Electric Monks. The Romeo & Juliette lawz.

If a legally adult man gets a 12 y.o. pregnant, there will be no forsed marriage situation or wutever they do in thoze casez. He iz going to jail. Not so for a boy. Hiz parents will be involved and he mite go to joovy for a wile. The girl will be just az likely to be blamed.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:08 am

JO 753 wrote:
xouper wrote:If you feel I am missing your point, then please explain it clearly with sufficient detail and without riddles.

Not mine, Electric Monks. The Romeo & Juliette lawz.

If a legally adult man gets a 12 y.o. pregnant, there will be no forsed marriage situation or wutever they do in thoze casez. He iz going to jail. Not so for a boy. Hiz parents will be involved and he mite go to joovy for a wile. The girl will be just az likely to be blamed.

That's my understanding as well (more or less).

I was simply pointing out that Romeo and Juliet laws only apply when one of the people is under the age of consent, which may be less than 18 depending on jurisdiction.

For example, in 2008, Canada raised the age of consent from 14 to 16. Prior to 1890, it was 12.

In Spain, prior to 2015, the age of consent was 13.

Here's a map of North America, colored by age of consent:

green: 18
olive: 17
blue: 16

In Mexico, very light blue: 12

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:29 pm

What the HEY! is orange?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:37 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:What the HEY! is orange?

Here's your link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Age_of_Consent_-_North_America.svg

I'm going to guess and say the age of consent in that (orange (or pink) area in Mexico is "puberty".

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:40 pm

xouper wrote: ... is "puberty".

Yikes... do I hear a 9?

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:52 pm

xouper wrote:I was simply pointing out that Romeo and Juliet laws only apply when one of the people is under the age of consent, which may be less than 18 depending on jurisdiction.

You meant both uv, rite?
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Return to “Popular Culture”