Free man on the land movement

Step right up for 3-card Monte...
roberlander

Free man on the land movement

Postby roberlander » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:04 pm

Not sure if this aught to be under scams and con games or religion woo woo department, so forgive me if its misplaced as i am new here.

So the freeman on the land movement seems to be a collection of "legal gurus" preaching techniques to undo the contracts that bind a human meat body to the laws and regulations of the state. There seems to be a lot of chatter about people claiming success with these pseudo legal techniques, but there isn't really any hard evidence out there: like court records, that are being conveniently deleted, because "they"(the state) don't want the general public to find out that it is possible to bypass the revenue generation systems of the state(taxes, tickets, etc).

It seems to be a lot of woo woo and double speak by so called guru's, and a small click of decent but naive people being sucked in to this and having their lives thrown into legal chaos as a a result.

I was wondering if anyone has done any significant research in to this movement?

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Re: Free man on the land movement

Postby TJrandom » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:38 am

First I had heard of this, so I googled... and quickly found a Wiki entry. It states that no court has ever found for the movement. So it seems more than just a `cover-up` - maybe just a con. What is your interest in this - involved, approached?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemen_on_the_land

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:51 am

roberlander wrote: I was wondering if anyone has done any significant research in to this movement?
The members of the International Skeptics Forum have spent a lot of time pulling apart FOTL. "Freeman of the Land"

Here is a link to the main thread.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... ht=freeman

In essence a mad person, with no legal qualifications, and no ability to read law was very good at promoting himself for a couple of years.

I have a vague memory that Rob Menard, the founder, is currently in gaol.

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Deep

Postby Scott Mayers » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:04 am

This sounds like the Anarchy types. I have run into a few on this and to this particular type of thing. It looks though like someone is taking advantage of these very types though if they are charging information for it. It reminds me too of the Positive thinking, Motivational Speaking movements: Those who sell how they 'succeeded' by basically selling the very listeners' tickets to how to discover how to become successful.

I can't be certain whether to feel sorry for those who get taken in by these or not. ??
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:58 am

I am going to take a wild guess here - and say that there are probably some people who are benefitting from this movement, but at significant risk. And not just the leaders who may charge for their `knowledge`. There are some people (US), who simply do not pay taxes - don`t file, and thus never pay. (I know a couple.) To the extent that their income and assets are `off-book`, there is a decreasing chance of them being audited and eventually fined.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:38 am

Last year I started seeing handmade "license plates" that said "Missouri law doesn't require rear license plates." That lasted for about 3 months. Some idiot evidently thought he found a loop hole in the law. The amusing thing, for me anyway, was that they had front plates.

The term "bunkhouse lawyer" would apply here.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:02 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Last year I started seeing handmade "license plates" that said "Missouri law doesn't require rear license plates." That lasted for about 3 months. Some idiot evidently thought he found a loop hole in the law. The amusing thing, for me anyway, was that they had front plates.

I googled... over 18,000 pounds (large trucks/busses) get by with just a front plate (`cause they would normally be pulling a trailer which would hide the rear plate.)

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:06 am

TJrandom wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Last year I started seeing handmade "license plates" that said "Missouri law doesn't require rear license plates." That lasted for about 3 months. Some idiot evidently thought he found a loop hole in the law. The amusing thing, for me anyway, was that they had front plates.

I googled... over 18,000 pounds (large trucks/busses) get by with just a front plate (`cause they would normally be pulling a trailer which would hide the rear plate.)

The "plates" I saw were on F-350 Compensators or the like. Real he-man vehicles. :roll:

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:09 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
TJrandom wrote:

The "plates" I saw were on F-350 Compensators or the like. Real he-man vehicles. :roll:

They may have been licensed for over 18,000 - for pulling boats, 3rd wheelers, etc. On one of the sites, someone claimed thay had an F-250 so licensed. (Now I need to google F-350...)

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:54 am

Return to “Scams and Con Games”