Trump's supporters

Stuff of interest on the Web...
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: Trump's supporters

Postby zeuzzz » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:56 am

Gord wrote:Trump's speech writers appear to be plagiarising opponents' speeches -- first Melania and then Donald Jr. It seems to be so blatant that I was wondering why they would do it. Now I think they're trying to "own" the words themselves so they can no longer be attributed to their opponents.

(Junior's speech was actually written by F.H.Buckley, the person whose words have been reused from his own original article. "Plagiarism" doesn't seem to be the correct term, but the idea is still the same: Taking words that were used to criticise Trump and putting them into a pro-Trump speech.)

It's very obvious to me why they did it. Again Trump is trolling the media and internet. What would have been a largely unreported speech has gone viral all over the net and was covered obstensibly by right wing and left wing media. The left in an attempt to slander him (her) for copying Michelle Obamas 2008 speech. The right just does whatever they think they are doing.

It was a great move as there are videos on youtube/facebook that cut between her and Michelle obamas speech that have gone viral with tens of millions of views.

1) this creates a visual and subconscious link between her and the current first lady, making her seem more presidential, no matter what you think of the video
2) Every media outlet covered it, more free press for Trump (positive or negative; any news is good news)
3) It resigns the common uneducated person (trumps base) to getting used to the idea of her as the first lady
4) I can guarantee this has already gotten 10x more press coverage and social media coverage than anything Hilary Clinton will say at the DNC
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:08 am

Unless she calls Melania a "thieving immigrant {!#%@}" and hangs dipshitdonald in effigy.
This is a sentence. tHi5 iz a seN+3nce oN drUgs!!!

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"--sign seen at Occupy Wall St. protest.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:24 am

Monster wrote:Sam Harris on Trump. I've only heard the first 4 minutes so far, and I agree with Sam Harris 100%.

I obviously don't know what "political correctness" is. :?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:33 am

He gave a good speech tonite. Everything hiz fanz wanted to hear.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:34 am

JO 753 wrote:He gave a good speech tonite. Everything hiz fanz wanted to hear.

Did he say everything three times? "This is going to be big. It will be very big. Big is the thing that it's most going to be."
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:42 am

Usually. Then there wuz the little eko thing he duz - 'Hillary duznt hav a clue not a clue' .

'And let me tell you - Nobody understandz the system better than me nobody. Believe me. It will be unbelievable unbelievable'.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Postby ElectricMonk » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:54 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E ... ger_effect

tells you all you need to know about Trump's qualification.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:36 am

Monster wrote:Sam Harris on Trump. I've only heard the first 4 minutes so far, and I agree with Sam Harris 100%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az1JyDJ_iKU

I posted this in a facebook group full of conservatives. They didn't care.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster

Postby ElectricMonk » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:47 am

When Bush jr. was running, I often asked supporters why they would vote for someone who obviously had so little clue about actual politics, domestic or foreign.

The standard answer was: "Yeah, we know - but he will have a bunch of highly qualified advisers he can draw upon. "
And that's somewhat what happens, even if the advise they gave was terrible.

Trump on the other hand is resistant to advice, as he assumes he knows everything important already... and millions of future voters with just as little knowledge love his core message: forget about getting informed, a little knowledge is more than enough.
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:10 am

Gord wrote:

Hi, Io the lurker.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:21 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Gord wrote:

I prefer "monosyllabic", even if it's not definitely an oxymoron.
#ANDAMOVIE

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:34 pm

More on oxymorons

President trump
Christian values
Free hookers

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"--sign seen at Occupy Wall St. protest.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:59 pm

zeuzzz wrote:I can not believe what is happening in America ... literally they could have chosen over twenty noteworthy candidates to put forwards for the presidency in my mind, and out of those twenty Hilary Clinton (due to her past) would have always been the last resort. Yet here we are. Trump, the most unpopular politician ever by unfavorability polls, vs the second most ever, Hillary. 65% to 56% last time I checked (favorability rating)

It's like the DNC have put a blindfold on before they go kamikaze. Meanwhile the GOP are still not quite sure what hit them.

Well I said that a month ago, now the head of the DNC and three other top officials have had to resign, thanks to WikiLeaks revealing the truth about their bias in the last few days. I saw this coming months ago, the mainstream media trajectory was so askew to the grassroots internet momentum it was like watching a badly oiled lawnmower trying to take on the amazon rainforest. Trajectory blunted. Lets mow on anyhow.

Someone who started at 3% in the polls and was constantly rising vs someone who started at 60% due to name recognition and has been declining ever since. Do the maths, it's a mainstream media mess.

Anyway, back to Trumps supporters. Do we have any kind of IQ based demographics? Or is that too controversial? IQ studies tend to send people into a lather.

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo
Frequent Poster

Postby Venerable Kwan Tam Woo » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:41 am

zeuzzz wrote:Do we have any kind of IQ based demographics?

Be careful what you wish for.
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
- Mark Twain

The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster

Postby ElectricMonk » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:23 am

obviously, we need some evolutionary algorithm when it comes to voting:

everyone who voted for the loser in the last election is obviously not fit for voting. So they won't be allowed to vote next time.

With this system, sooner rather than later we will end up with just one voter who got it right every time. This, by definition, makes him the only one who's opinion counts.

Elections would become so much simpler, faster, cheaper and transparent if we had the One Man, One Vote system: have only one man with one vote.
Spoiler:
- Douglas Adams

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:38 pm

I always vote for the loser. That way, "it's not my fault" and nobody can tell me "if you didn't vote you have no right to complain". :P
#ANDAMOVIE

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster

Postby ElectricMonk » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:04 pm

Spoiler:
- Douglas Adams

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:22 pm

Trumps had a bad week. I can't help thinking about Sam Harris' comments about him on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast (that monster linked to above) ... seems his inexperience is starting to show more. However inexperience never stopped any of the previous presidents.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:35 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
TJrandom wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:... No matter how you paint it, there is nothing remotely individualist or libertarian about a wall around a state.

Since the Mexicans won`t build that wall - maybe he can convince his authoritarian evangelical bible only readers to individually build as much wall as they please - to keep with libertarianism. :roll:

Eh Viola! The completed wall.

He left his wig on it.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo
Frequent Poster

Postby Venerable Kwan Tam Woo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:04 am

zeuzzz wrote:Trumps had a bad week

So far Trump's had nothing but bad weeks according to the mainstream enemedia's propaganda war against him...
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
- Mark Twain

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:23 am

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:

So far Trump's had nothing but bad weeks according to the mainstream enemedia's propaganda war against him...

Wow, you have really swallowed the FOX kool-aid, haven't you?
#ANDAMOVIE

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster

Postby ElectricMonk » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:21 am

As a celebrity, Trump should have known the no.1 rule of news business: first they build you up, then they tear you down.
The Clintons have gone through that cycle a couple of times already, so there is slim picking there.
But Trump was and is stupid in thinking that his free publicity comes without a price: he will give all the news programs fodder whether he likes it or not.
Right now, attacking Clinton is no longer as entertaining as attacking him.
Spoiler:
- Douglas Adams

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:37 am

And he's loving it. Anything to put the spotlights on him.

What is it you say, you want prove for that? Easy. He's been riding the splashes and waves of that hideous thing living on his head gleefully for years now. :mrgreen:
Hi, Io the lurker.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:11 pm

Gord wrote:

That Fox Kool Aid is causing the radical right to choke on their conspira-media propaganda. I heard that they brew it up with equal parts of racism, stupidity, woo, misogyny, lies, greed, hate, and self-loathing.

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo
Frequent Poster

Postby Venerable Kwan Tam Woo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:27 pm

Gord wrote:

I don't watch or read FOX.
Last edited by Venerable Kwan Tam Woo on Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Mark Twain

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo
Frequent Poster

Postby Venerable Kwan Tam Woo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:30 pm

TJrandom wrote:
Gord wrote:

That Fox Kool Aid is causing the radical right to choke on their conspira-media propaganda. I heard that they brew it up with equal parts of racism, stupidity, woo, misogyny, lies, greed, hate, and self-loathing.

No you're thinking of progressives. They brew up their neurotoxic brew from equal parts racism (overtly against white people, covertly against others), stupidity, sanctimony, misandry, lies, greed (for other people's tax dollars), hate (of anyone who doesn't think and say the 'correct' things), and self-loathing (especially if they're white).
- Mark Twain

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:56 pm

Gord wrote:

Yes you do. You just get it second-hand.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:39 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Gord wrote:

Yes you do. You just get it second-hand.

His posts suggest that he uses his right hand, but simply isn`t in his right mind.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:24 pm

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:So far Trump's had nothing but bad weeks according to the mainstream enemedia's propaganda war against him...

Gord wrote:Wow, you have really swallowed the FOX kool-aid, haven't you?

Venerable Kwan Tam Woo wrote:I don't watch or read FOX.

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Yes you do. You just get it second-hand.

TJrandom wrote:His posts suggest that he uses his right hand, but simply isn`t in his right mind.

Suggest?

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:30 pm

I`m not about to claim that I `know` which hand he uses.... :?

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:48 pm

TJrandom wrote:I`m not about to claim that I `know` which hand he uses.... :?

Just check his youtube page.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:08 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
TJrandom wrote:I`m not about to claim that I `know` which hand he uses.... :?

Just check his youtube page.

Naw naw... you can check his tube page if you want, but I`m not going anywhere near it.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:36 am

Trump supporters' right hand is busy lighting crosses on fire and the left hand is busy not turning pages on any science, math, or grammar books.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:11 am

Gord wrote:

You sure spout it though. What conspiracy site did you get it from?
#ANDAMOVIE

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:10 am

I'm sure it's a coloring book.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:03 am

Go shoot Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump created another firestorm on Tuesday when he seemed to suggest violence as a means of preventing Hillary Clinton from nominating judges.

"If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks," Trump told a crowd in Wilmington, North Carolina. "Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is I don't know."

This received front page coverage in Australia. You have presidential candidate who is suggesting to citizens they may be able to shoot another politician, who they don't agree with.

That's not the really bad thing. The really bad thing is the USA is not doing anything about this as a unified country that offers itself as a model for younger democracies. This is now way beyond party partisan issues and is now simply damaging to the USA. Australia loses out if the USA damages its image.

Australia pays for USA military deterrent.
Trump sates that USA allies will help pay for the USA's extended deterrence that helps protects us.

Does that mean Australia also gets the two keys to the President's nuclear football?

Does that mean we can charge the USA for our war against communists in Malaya and Indonesia, which the Americans were too busy to fight, as they were too busy losing Vietnam.....where we were also fighting?

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:12 am

Good lard...
Hi, Io the lurker.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:22 am

It seems to me that the FBI needs to interrogate Trump - and issue a post investigation report on exactly what he meant, how close he was to breaking federal laws and being imprisoned for 10 to 20 years. Surely there is an anti-terrorism statute…

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:31 am

It only applies to brown people

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:38 am

Az low an opinion I had uv Trumps intellijens befor, he took a step down with that.

We'v herd the same thing from bona fide idiots befor. Ted Nujent, Michelle Bachman and several rite wing radio loudmouths during the 2012 election campane made similar statements in the 'I can say it in such a way that my peepl will get the messaj but nobody else, and if anything happenz, I cant be blamed' catagory. Takes a special kind uv idiot.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Return to “Links”