New Halloween Favorite

Stuff of interest on the Web...
Lausten
Persistent Poster

New Halloween Favorite

Postby Lausten » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:31 pm

http://youtu.be/olEbwhWDYwM
Hell No! "Kinda predictable".

I haven't tried watching a scary movie since becoming a skeptic. I'd probably sit there and complain about the poor special effects.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Re: New Halloween Favorite

Postby nmblum88 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:07 pm

Lausten wrote:http://youtu.be/olEbwhWDYwM
Hell No! "Kinda predictable".

I haven't tried watching a scary movie since becoming a skeptic. I'd probably sit there and complain about the poor special effects.

But Lausten, think of it this way: aside from the shlock of the deliberately and pointless scary movie, it was, and continues to be, really, that complaints about the special effects is what has contributed to making the special effects ever bigger in scope and vitality, and ever more inventive, technically superior, relevant to story., humanly relatable..... .. better,more captivating, in every way.

Of course it does depend on whom it is that we complain to: going to the source of the creativity in the first place certainly propels the art forward, and poor box office receipts are, for sure, an impetus to the creative to do better.
No audience, or very small ones, WILL impede progress.

But one thing is certain, the complaints of couch potatoes who watch everything on a small screen in our parlors, from a supine position, and bitch to other non-doers, prisoners of our own homes (or jail cells, or while in institutional care) .... isn't what does it.
So let's (skeptics included) keep watching, keep complaining... but when we send your arrows into the air, maybe aiming at a target that can make a difference in future results (instead of to each other) is the way to go.
I think.

NMB
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Re: New Halloween Favorite

Postby Austin Harper » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:23 pm

I've never really been much of a fan of horror films. The only part of them that's really scary is the soundtrack. Those guys know what they're doing. Sforzandos in all the right places.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Return to “Links”