Interesting site, interesting subject,,,

Stuff of interest on the Web...
nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Interesting site, interesting subject,,,

Postby nmblum88 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:36 pm

Admittedly encouraged by my interest in the life and death by suicide (at 26) of Aaron Swartz, I came across this interesting and relevant article , and its equally interesting web site:

http://www.aaronsw.com/weblog/whowriteswikipedia

As Wikipedia is by far the numerically greatest source of so-called validation of facts and argument for most cyber-discussions, it seems reasonable that how, why and from whom, the Wikipedia entries come.

Also while Aaron Swartz is known more widely as the precocious youngster who added the RSS feed to computer technology, the site and the article also are informative about his activism on behalf of making the Internet more open, and perpetually free of interference, government or otherwise.
No small thing for either the professional journalist, investigator, scientist, politician, or simple seeker of answers to questions of how information makes its way to powerless who need it the most over those who use it to their own political and financial advantage.

NMB
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Interesting site, interesting subject,,,

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:42 pm

I contribute to one particular page. And my sites are cited in a few thousand pages.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Return to “Links”