Worst movies you ever saw

Sort of like "The Bookshelf" but for... you get the idea.
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Re: Worst movies you ever saw

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:44 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:I agree with you on Woody Allen, my dad thought he was hysterical but once you've seen one of his movies that's pretty much the plot for all.

. . . and the jokes.

I rather liked Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex* (*But Were Afraid to Ask). That's about it.

ahhell
Poster

Postby ahhell » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:10 pm

Totally makes sense to like any one of his comedies, its just that they're all the same comedy. The first one you see is funny, the second ok, the third cliche'd crap. My criticism of Allen is the bitterness of a former fan.

Al though EYAWTAS, is a bit different in that its a sketch comedy movie rather than a single plot.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:14 pm

ahhell wrote:Totally makes sense to like any one of his comedies, its just that they're all the same comedy. The first one you see is funny, the second ok, the third cliche'd crap. My criticism of Allen is the bitterness of a former fan.

Al though EYAWTAS, is a bit different in that its a sketch comedy movie rather than a single plot.

It's the reason I like it, it's different.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:02 pm

Good to see that Prometheus iz finally vindicated sins nobody mentioned it in this thred. :)
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:09 pm

JO 753 wrote:Good to see that Prometheus iz finally vindicated sins nobody mentioned it in this thred. :)

I didn't think it was terrible, just a let down after waiting so long for Ridley Scott to get us back to the Alien Universe.

I think Scott realized this, hence Alien: Covenant.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:50 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I agree with you on Woody Allen, my dad thought he was hysterical but once you've seen one of his movies that's pretty much the plot for all.

I love Get Smart and every episode of Get Smart seems to a a compilation of the same twenty jokes. ( I love the "cone of silence".) :D
cone of silence.jpg

I think, (but I don't know) that Woody Allen has financial considerations. When he was popular he could make big budget piss takes, like "Love and Death" on Tolstoy. Nowadays, he has to make cheaper profitable films for the art-house circuit. Therefore I imagine he does make old style popular Woody Allen films with the older gags, to gain investors.

I think his best recent film was about a skeptical magician (a "James Randi") debunking woosters in the 1930's. I had more twists and turns than Hitchcock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAwbwKURvm0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Matthew Ellard on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:52 pm

I'd never bag on "Get Smart."

:D

Return to “Film/Theater/TV/Video/Radio/Podcasts”