Grimm

Sort of like "The Bookshelf" but for... you get the idea.
Lausten
Persistent Poster

Grimm

Postby Lausten » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Anybody following the new show "Grimm". It has a young cop who finds out he is a descendant of the Grimm brothers, and that gives him powers to see the actual characters from those stories. To the rest of us, they look like regular people. Each week he solves a crime involving werewolves, the three bears or whatever.

Slowly being revealed also, is that his boss, the police chief, is part of some sort of consortium of some of the characters, some sort of underworld crime ring or something. Only we see this, the Grimm cop doesn't know it yet. Last night, one of the creatures, a wolf man of some sort went rogue. First the police chief just threatened him, but he didn't comply, so the chief goes to confession. That's right, Catholic church, in the booth, confession. He tells the priest that this guy needs to be "taken care of". The priest says, "I'll get changed". You don't see what the priest turns into, but it involves lots of screaming and legs kicking up in the air.

It should be interesting to see where they go with this.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

rickoshay85
Veteran Poster

Re: Grimm

Postby rickoshay85 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:52 pm

Lausten wrote:Anybody following the new show "Grimm". It has a young cop who finds out he is a descendant of the Grimm brothers, and that gives him powers to see the actual characters from those stories. To the rest of us, they look like regular people. Each week he solves a crime involving werewolves, the three bears or whatever.

Slowly being revealed also, is that his boss, the police chief, is part of some sort of consortium of some of the characters, some sort of underworld crime ring or something. Only we see this, the Grimm cop doesn't know it yet. Last night, one of the creatures, a wolf man of some sort went rogue. First the police chief just threatened him, but he didn't comply, so the chief goes to confession. That's right, Catholic church, in the booth, confession. He tells the priest that this guy needs to be "taken care of". The priest says, "I'll get changed". You don't see what the priest turns into, but it involves lots of screaming and legs kicking up in the air.

It should be interesting to see where they go with this.

The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm (1962) is more about their actual lives.
What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO. John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Postby Austin Harper » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Yeah, I've been watching the show. It's kind of hit-or-miss, I either love an episode or hate it. Overall I'd give the series a B/B+. I'm just getting tired of him running to the trailer every week to read about a new monster. He really needs to just read through all that stuff over a long weekend or something.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:19 pm

I don't like shows that essentially "write over" more interesting stuff. For instance, this one turns "the Brother's Grimm" into monster hunters or something, right? I prefer their real history, myself -- much more interesting to me.

Likewise, I don't like most monster movies involving vampires, for the same reason. And if anyone here doesn't like the Twilight movies because "vampires sparkle," then they understand what I'm trying to say.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

slapstick
Poster

Postby slapstick » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:28 am

MATT DAMON.

(Yes, I do think I'm funny.)
"Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:03 am

My wife and I are hooked on the show. Looks like next season will be its last.

Return to “Film/Theater/TV/Video/Radio/Podcasts”