Jesus Barabbas Son of the Father

General discussion on the subject of religion, losing religion, and having no religion to lose...
SEG
Poster
Custom Title: The Deacon of Doubt

Re: Jesus Barabbas Son of the Father

Postby SEG » Wed May 23, 2018 12:29 pm

Gord wrote:No, my question was actually more basic: If the tradition was to take two goats, "sacrifice" one and "let the other go" into the wilderness where it would also die, then aren't you actually killing both goats and therefore "sacrificing" both goats?

Ok, how about we say both of the identical goats were sacrificed as both of them died? It would go as this: One sacrificial goat was released into the wild bearing the sins of Israel, and was eventually pushed off a cliff. The other sacrificial goat was sacrificed in blood to atone for those sins.

Compared to: both of the identically named prisoners were sacrificed as both of them died? It would go as this: One sacrificial prisoner was released into the wild bearing the sins of Israel, and was eventually killed off in the story. The other sacrificial prisoner was sacrificed in blood to atone for those sins.
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Thu May 24, 2018 1:13 am

So did Barabbas die for their sins too? I mean, in their minds.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

SEG
Poster
Custom Title: The Deacon of Doubt

Postby SEG » Thu May 24, 2018 10:01 am

Gord wrote:So did Barabbas die for their sins too? I mean, in their minds.

Why yes, I really think he did...you had a long think about that, didn't you? He was a made up character just like Joseph of Arimathea - a Neville Nobody from Nowhere.
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Return to “The Letting Go of God Forum”