Three perspectives on why man is God’s master.

General discussion on the subject of religion, losing religion, and having no religion to lose...
Gnostic Bishop
Regular Poster

Postby Gnostic Bishop » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:33 pm

Perspective 1.
Has man forgotten his rightful place as God’s master?

A theology makes you a slave to your God while the Jesus that Gnostic Christians follow has man take his rightful place as God’s master. After all, all the Gods are man-made. That is why Gnostic Christianity has always put man ahead of God. The Karaite Jews have that view as well as their oral tradition can overrule the written Torah and God himself, showing how old this tradition or ideology is.

It seems that without the lie of a supernatural God, people are not willing to have a man be God the way the ancients used to do. Emperors used to name themselves God and their sons, sons of God.

One of the Jesus' that the church did not silence, tells us that that is the right way to think when he said, instead of stoning people on the Sabbath, that the Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath. I extrapolate from that, that Jesus would also say that religions and gods were made for man and not man for religions. Jesus answered them, is it not written in your law, I said, Yee are gods?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes ... r_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

-----------------------------------------

Perspective 2.
Does the Bible show that our next God is a Man?

The Bible states that when Jesus returns, his elect will make themselves known and elect him to rule over them. The Bible states that our new Jesus will not be recognizable and he will be elected by his Words. Remember that the story tellers, in one of the sequels, have named Jesus. --- The Word.

The Abrahamic Karaite oral tradition is that Rabbis, men generally, can overrule the written Word of God. In real language, this means that the interpretation of words and terms is to always be governed by men of the Divine Council and their elected God.

The voice of a man, to the Bible, --- is supreme and above God’s written words. That is as it should be as nature makes the ideal of all species to be one of their own. If a God cannot be or is not in our true image, then God is not worthy of us. This is the logic and reason why the rule of man over written tradition must be supreme. Anything else would be humankind giving up our natures for the nature of an alien form. God forbid.

More directly to the question. The Bible states that we are to kill witches. This, at that time, meant that men were not to let themselves be fooled by magicians or alchemists and other tricksters who might deceive them. This meant that nothing magical or supernatural, no magician doing illusions, etc., should be put above the spoken word.

The policy of the Divine Council was to rule by the tenet called the Golden Rule. The Rabbi class thus had the final say in all religious and political matters. The Divine Council would choose whom to anoint and follow as their Prophet/God/King.

Does this ultimately show that God was a man to the Jews who wrote the Bible? Is that why they were so unafraid to change Gods name so often?

Where Jews the first atheists? Closely followed by the Gnostic that had used Jewry as a springboard to their better Universalist creed? Is that why Rome hated Jews and Gnostic Christian?

If the Jews interpreted the word God as a man, the way the old Roman emperors did, then was placing a supernatural God up in heaven a poor theological position for us today.

----------------------------------------

Perspective 3.
Does as above so below mean that God must abide by man’s laws?

Jesus said to give to Caesar what is Caesars. Caesar makes the laws we live by and no religion is true to the laws set out by their Gods. Thank God as those laws are quite barbaric. For example, both Yahweh and Allah, through the mouths of men, promote stoning for adultery and sundry other sins. This of course ignores that both Gods show justice as being close to an eye for an eye which is what secular laws try to gauge punishment by.

There is a military term that says that the pace to be set by the troops is as fast as the slowest man. This is so that no man is left behind.

Since we have collectively decided that secular law is superior to the laws of heaven and God, does that mean that when Jesus return, he will validate secular law and ask us to follow Caesar?

Regards
DL

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Re: Three perspectives on why man is God’s master.

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:35 pm

There is no god. Any sentence with the word in it is gibberish.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Gnostic Bishop
Regular Poster

Postby Gnostic Bishop » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:52 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:There is no god. Any sentence with the word in it is gibberish.

Not to argue as you are likely correct, but how did you find that out?

I always thought it was a logical fallacy question and that it was impossible for us to prove that God did not exist.

You seem to have done the impossible and I am quite eager to know how you did the impossible.

Regards
DL

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:03 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:There is no god. Any sentence with the word in it is gibberish.

Then by your definition, "There is no god" is gibberish. :mrgreen:
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Gnostic Bishop
Regular Poster

Postby Gnostic Bishop » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:10 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:

He was laying that bait to catch those like you.

Regards
DL

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:21 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:

He was laying that bait to catch those like you.

Regards
DL

Bobbo?
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:32 pm

HEY!!!---I don't hover waiting for a response. The very benefit of a forum.

There is formal proof wherein we all know we can't prove a negative.

There is common sense and logical proof where we all know we can't take a long walk on a short pier. My full signature shows me to be an anti-theist. This supersedes the issue of whether or not god exists and the requisite proof thereof.

As to never say never................... derp.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:55 pm

god is real.....not likely the god of the bible....edited by those in power to control people....and there are esoteric teachings about Jesus...such as Jesus and the Christ Being were separate beings....Jesus was a very highly evolved man who was to provide a very highly developed physical body for the incarnation of the Christ Being..said to have been in the body for only 3 years ....the second coming is said to be the appearance of the Christ Being in the etheric body of the Earth itself....and /or the Christ consciousness in all humans...the Christ Being will not reincarnate in a physical body on Earth again...been there...done that...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Gnostic Bishop
Regular Poster

Postby Gnostic Bishop » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:12 pm

gorgeous wrote:god is real...

What do you offer as evidence or proof?

Regards
DL

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:16 pm

just my intuition and people's encounters with God often from near death experiences.....what proof do you have that you exist?
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Gnostic Bishop
Regular Poster

Postby Gnostic Bishop » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:23 pm

gorgeous wrote:just my intuition and people's encounters with God often from near death experiences.....what proof do you have that you exist?

The same evidence you have.

Intuition is not something you should make such definitive assertions from.

That does not make you sound as bright as I am sure you are.

Regards
DL

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:24 pm

intuition is there for a reason...you will learn..I am right..

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:53 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:That does not make you sound as bright as I am sure you are.

Don't let your intuition fool you on that one either. :lol:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Gnostic Bishop
Regular Poster

Postby Gnostic Bishop » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:23 am

Gord wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:That does not make you sound as bright as I am sure you are.

Don't let your intuition fool you on that one either. :lol:

Now now. Play nice when children are involved.

Regards
DL

Nobrot
Poster

Postby Nobrot » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:27 am

Gnostic Bishop wrote:

Regards
DL

How did you find this out?
The voice of a man, to the Bible, --- is supreme and above God’s written words. That is as it should be as nature makes the ideal of all species to be one of their own. If a God cannot be or is not in our true image, then God is not worthy of us. This is the logic and reason why the rule of man over written tradition must be supreme. Anything else would be humankind giving up our natures for the nature of an alien form. God forbid.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:37 am

aliens said they created Jesus and manipulated our dna....they may have created us, too...

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:47 am

grey alien said..."we had some success with the man you call Moses".......
...and the Virgin Mary at an appearance to kids told them a shining cloud was 'the vehicle in which I travel...'....aliens and ufos? ...will find out one day...

Gnostic Bishop
Regular Poster

Postby Gnostic Bishop » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:48 am

Nobrot wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:

Regards
DL

How did you find this out?

Observation and contemplation.

God is to be man's ideal and who we emulate. Right?

Animals emulate their own. Right?

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
Regular Poster

Postby Gnostic Bishop » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:50 am

gorgeous wrote:aliens said they created Jesus and manipulated our dna....they may have created us, too...

May?? Your intuition on strike or just unsure?

Do you have a video of that news flash?

I really want to see an alien.

Regards
DL

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:55 am

some have been told they did create us...they told Whitley Strieber that they altered his metabolism and if he didn't stop eating sweets he would get diabetes...

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:56 am

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:02 am

one scared kid that was running from the one that looks like a giant praying mantis told it...I want my momma...the giant alien said "I am your mother"....------------------a woman told ones that looked like trolls 'My god you're hideous"...the alien /troll said "My dear..one day you will look exactly like us"

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:51 am

gorgeous wrote:god is real.....not likely the god of the bible
gorgeous wrote:aliens said they created Jesus
Jesus from the bible? So it is the same God as in the Christian bible. :D

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:58 am

gorgeous wrote:Fake KGB video of alien
I love how bad this forgery is. How does video time code appear on Russian 16mm film stock in English before video is invented? :lol:

Do you think spies from the foreign intelligence service or officers from domestic intelligence service of the KGB performed the autopsy?
:D

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:17 am

gorgeous wrote:
intuition is there for a reason...you will learn..I am right..

No,no. It's reason that is there for intuition.

aliens said they created Jesus and manipulated our dna....

Which ones? Because the aliens I talk to told me that they have a lot of problems with the Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons and Raelians, you know the guys who see space ships behind every pile of dirt flying in space.
Watch out Flash they tell me, these guys will come here on their proselytizing trips and tell you absolute crap that will turn your head into a pumpkin. :shock:
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:09 am

Return to “The Letting Go of God Forum”