Arguing against religion

General discussion on the subject of religion, losing religion, and having no religion to lose...
Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26325
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:51 pm

Angel wrote:I love love love myself. Just ask God ~ I'm the sinner that makes love not war.
Matthew Ellard wrote: And how exactly am I meant to ask "God"? Send him a letter? Use the telephone? God and Jesus are fictional characters and don't exist in the real world.
Angel wrote:U best watch out ~ ur pointer finger will get caught in the keyboard ~ breaking a nail~ then what will u do?

I hope you aren't using your "pointer finger" to "love love love" yourself. It will make your keyboard sticky. :D

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Angel » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:08 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote:I love love love myself. Just ask God ~ I'm the sinner that makes love not war.
Matthew Ellard wrote: And how exactly am I meant to ask "God"? Send him a letter? Use the telephone? God and Jesus are fictional characters and don't exist in the real world.
Angel wrote:U best watch out ~ ur pointer finger will get caught in the keyboard ~ breaking a nail~ then what will u do?

I hope you aren't using your "pointer finger" to "love love love" yourself. It will make your keyboard sticky. :D


Wouldn't you like to know which finger
I use. You know your bible stuff so well
I'll give you a hint ~ it's a servant
of God. ;-)
Ps~ I can do it with no hands or anything~
only breathing. Gotta love the gift of God.
The breath of life. :-D
Christ asked ~ can anybody take this cup from
my hands. How my cup runnith over<
Surely goodness and mercy will come too...
Hehe
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
digress
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1692
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:11 am
Custom Title: doomer
Contact:

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby digress » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:26 am

Angel wrote:I don't remember much of my
childhood concerning God other
than I was looking for him.


"seek and ye shall find." rings here and is a powerful statement. but before ye sought what did ye find?

simply put--ye found a life without god. And that original finding, Angel, the finding without the agent, is knowledge ye ignore.
  God is an idea.  

"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg
"I am not a concept..." -Confidencia

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Angel » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:02 pm

digress wrote:
Angel wrote:I don't remember much of my
childhood concerning God other
than I was looking for him.


"seek and ye shall find." rings here and is a powerful statement. but before ye sought what did ye find?

simply put--ye found a life without god. And that original finding, Angel, the finding without the agent, is knowledge ye ignore.


W rong.
I seek that which I already know.
U are scientifically only able to
deny that which u know.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
digress
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1692
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:11 am
Custom Title: doomer
Contact:

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby digress » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:19 pm

Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:I don't remember much of my
childhood concerning God other
than I was looking for him.


"seek and ye shall find." rings here and is a powerful statement. but before ye sought what did ye find?

simply put--ye found a life without god. And that original finding, Angel, the finding without the agent, is knowledge ye ignore.


W rong.
I seek that which I already know.
U are scientifically only able to
deny that which u know.


living in irony, to seek that which you already know.

ps. how did you come up with the idea im making a scientific argument? i was not.
  God is an idea.  

"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg
"I am not a concept..." -Confidencia

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Angel » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:29 am

digress wrote:
Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:I don't remember much of my
childhood concerning God other
than I was looking for him.


"seek and ye shall find." rings here and is a powerful statement. but before ye sought what did ye find?

simply put--ye found a life without god. And that original finding, Angel, the finding without the agent, is knowledge ye ignore.


W rong.
I seek that which I already know.
U are scientifically only able to
deny that which u know.


living in irony, to seek that which you already know.

ps. how did you come up with the idea im making a scientific argument? i was not.


I did not come up with any idea ~ you did.
Scientists state you must know something
in order to deny it. I'm not sure how it works
yet. I'm still finding information like chocolate
eggs at Easter lol
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster
Posts: 922
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Cadmusteeth » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:38 pm

Well, based on what we know about the laws of physics, how does a god factor into it?

User avatar
digress
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1692
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:11 am
Custom Title: doomer
Contact:

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby digress » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:50 am

Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:I don't remember much of my
childhood concerning God other
than I was looking for him.


"seek and ye shall find." rings here and is a powerful statement. but before ye sought what did ye find?

simply put--ye found a life without god. And that original finding, Angel, the finding without the agent, is knowledge ye ignore.


W rong.
I seek that which I already know.
U are scientifically only able to
deny that which u know.


living in irony, to seek that which you already know.

ps. how did you come up with the idea im making a scientific argument? i was not.


I did not come up with any idea ~ you did.
Scientists state you must know something
in order to deny it.
I'm not sure how it works
yet. I'm still finding information like chocolate
eggs at Easter lol


In your first reply you said "i seek that which i already know", which was ironic, but now i understand based off your second reply that in your first reply you were trying to imply how god has always been by your side.

In other words, your very first opinion of everyday life, as a human being, was based on the realization that god was involved in that life. Possibly out there on the playground, barely able to speak, or running around on the grass in diapers, thinking "that's GOD right there" and "god again" and "wow, again, stalking.." (Point being god is a very clear figure in your life from as early on as a human is able to make that distinction)

And in your second reply you say that you "must know something in order to deny it" (can't deny the absence of god). That very clear figure that NEVER left your side... ( how ANGEL of you )

that's cute

ps. put god on, i want to hear gods side of the story about this bond of yours
  God is an idea.  

"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg
"I am not a concept..." -Confidencia

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Angel » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:29 pm

digress wrote:
Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:I don't remember much of my
childhood concerning God other
than I was looking for him.


"seek and ye shall find." rings here and is a powerful statement. but before ye sought what did ye find?

simply put--ye found a life without god. And that original finding, Angel, the finding without the agent, is knowledge ye ignore.


W rong.
I seek that which I already know.
U are scientifically only able to
deny that which u know.


living in irony, to seek that which you already know.

ps. how did you come up with the idea im making a scientific argument? i was not.


I did not come up with any idea ~ you did.
Scientists state you must know something
in order to deny it.
I'm not sure how it works
yet. I'm still finding information like chocolate
eggs at Easter lol


In your first reply you said "i seek that which i already know", which was ironic, but now i understand based off your second reply that in your first reply you were trying to imply how god has always been by your side.

In other words, your very first opinion of everyday life, as a human being, was based on the realization that god was involved in that life. Possibly out there on the playground, barely able to speak, or running around on the grass in diapers, thinking "that's GOD right there" and "god again" and "wow, again, stalking.." (Point being god is a very clear figure in your life from as early on as a human is able to make that distinction)

And in your second reply you say that you "must know something in order to deny it" (can't deny the absence of god). That very clear figure that NEVER left your side... ( how ANGEL of you )

that's cute

ps. put god on, i want to hear gods side of the story about this bond of yours


Oh no~ you are just being cute trying to ~
um ~ passify me? It's too late .
You want to know God ?
Find him for yourself.
Ten yrs of this BS is enough thanx.
Peace Out.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Angel » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:33 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:Well, based on what we know about the laws of physics, how does a god factor into it?


Into (it) ?
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster
Posts: 922
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Cadmusteeth » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:08 pm

I may not agree with how Matt handles it, but I sure as hell understand why he does it.

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Angel » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:47 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:I may not agree with how Matt handles it, but I sure as hell understand why he does it.


Please ~ explain it for all to know.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster
Posts: 922
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Cadmusteeth » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:55 pm

How he handles talking to you. I don't agree with the insults and personal attacks. But when you deal with someone who is as evasive and smarmy as you I understand how frustrating it can get.

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Angel » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:01 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:How he handles talking to you. I don't agree with the insults and personal attacks. But when you deal with someone who is as evasive and smarmy as you I understand how frustrating it can get.


I'm not trying to be evasive as I have
stayed from the beginning~ I don't
know exactly what is going on myself so
I came here in hopes of finding intelligent
people who have experienced life etc...
to compare notes. Maybe figure out what
is happening in or to this world and set
it on a course that functions.
Is that really too much to ask for from
you people?
God!!!!
God!!!!
God!!!!
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
digress
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1692
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:11 am
Custom Title: doomer
Contact:

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby digress » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:21 am

Angel wrote:Oh no~ you are just being cute trying to ~
um ~ passify me? It's too late .
You want to know God ?
Find him for yourself.


yes, pacify; bringing you to a state of peace. that is my goal.

I'll ask a different question that knocks on the same door, How could you claim to know god when you simply aren't able to distinguish between the moments of when he isn't actually there? I'm talking about certain moments you've had when god isn't there, and it's you, engaged in a different way or manner, the moment before later reflecting and filling out that memory with reasoning for how he was there. perhaps only at best omninously.


ps. i know god. dont mistake that about me
  God is an idea.  

"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg
"I am not a concept..." -Confidencia

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26325
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:44 am

Angel wrote:I came here in hopes of finding intelligent people who have experienced life etc...
No you didn't. You simply come here to spam religious crap about your "god" just like Gorgeous comes here to spam about her "remote viewers". It's called lonely people seeking attention who can't stand religious forums with members just like themselves.

Angel wrote:God!!!! God!!!! God!!!!
Pure spamming with no backing argument. You may as well work in advertising. :lol:

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Angel » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote:I came here in hopes of finding intelligent people who have experienced life etc...
No you didn't. You simply come here to spam religious crap about your "god" just like Gorgeous comes here to spam about her "remote viewers". It's called lonely people seeking attention who can't stand religious forums with members just like themselves.

Angel wrote:God!!!! God!!!! God!!!!
Pure spamming with no backing argument. You may as well work in advertising. :lol:


How many times do I have to report you
in order to shut you up? Just wondering lol
You seem to know everything .

I was calling God to see what would happen.
I noticed Big P stepped in. Interesting.
Maybe I'm just here for the cause and effect
cause I can't get an intelligent response .
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Angel » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:33 pm

digress wrote:
Angel wrote:Oh no~ you are just being cute trying to ~
um ~ passify me? It's too late .
You want to know God ?
Find him for yourself.


yes, pacify; bringing you to a state of peace. that is my goal.

I'll ask a different question that knocks on the same door, How could you claim to know god when you simply aren't able to distinguish between the moments of when he isn't actually there? I'm talking about certain moments you've had when god isn't there, and it's you, engaged in a different way or manner, the moment before later reflecting and filling out that memory with reasoning for how he was there. perhaps only at best omninously.


ps. i know god. dont mistake that about me


I don't know if he is ever not there.
And it's not just Jef.
He's my mirror mirror on the wall. LoL
*Scratch that*
I'm his mirror and he broke me so he
Gets 7 yrs bad luck hahaha

The bible warned you hohoho

I don't hear voices ~ questions come to mind.
The light that comes from I is separated from
the light that surrounds I (I is the iron rod)
Two places at once I am the iron and the body.
What separates us?

All this does is show how society creates
piss poor people that don't even make
reliable witnesses . Sad yet true.
That's Comedy & Tragedy
Entertainment
Entertaining the troops since the
beginning of the war. LoL
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26325
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:21 am

Angel wrote:How many times do I have to report you in order to shut you up?
It is you who is spamming the forum with your "God" propaganda, in every thread, regardless of what the topic is.

Angel wrote:I was calling God to see what would happen.
Your "God" does not exist, so bad luck waiting for your "God" to do anything. :lol:

Angel wrote:Maybe I'm just here for the cause and effect
No. you are simply here to troll the forum and spam propaganda about your "God". You have no other purpose in life. :lol:

User avatar
digress
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1692
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:11 am
Custom Title: doomer
Contact:

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby digress » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:28 am

Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:Oh no~ you are just being cute trying to ~
um ~ passify me? It's too late .
You want to know God ?
Find him for yourself.


yes, pacify; bringing you to a state of peace. that is my goal.

I'll ask a different question that knocks on the same door, How could you claim to know god when you simply aren't able to distinguish between the moments of when he isn't actually there? I'm talking about certain moments you've had when god isn't there, and it's you, engaged in a different way or manner, the moment before later reflecting and filling out that memory with reasoning for how he was there. perhaps only at best omninously.


ps. i know god. dont mistake that about me


I don't know if he is ever not there.
And it's not just Jef.
He's my mirror mirror on the wall. LoL
*Scratch that*
I'm his mirror and he broke me so he
Gets 7 yrs bad luck hahaha

The bible warned you hohoho

I don't hear voices ~ questions come to mind.
The light that comes from I is separated from
the light that surrounds I (I is the iron rod)
Two places at once I am the iron and the body.
What separates us?

All this does is show how society creates
piss poor people that don't even make
reliable witnesses . Sad yet true.
That's Comedy & Tragedy
Entertainment
Entertaining the troops since the
beginning of the war. LoL


saying both, "I'm his mirror.." and going into consciousness vs. experience.. "The light that comes from I," and, "the light that surrounds I," being inseparable, has nothing to do with using language like "god" to try and explain it all. We are beyond that point as thinkers and philosophers. you are clearly capable of properly dissecting your situation yet resort to such ridiculous use of language. and it IS ridiculous because just as you stated in your first reply in this thread how, differences exist between god and religion, so to do differences exist between god and what you are now talking about.

i'll simplify what i mean by saying, in your above anecdote you are missing your third light -- the light of god.




ps. relax and breath
  God is an idea.  

"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg
"I am not a concept..." -Confidencia

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Angel » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:25 pm

digress wrote:
Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:Oh no~ you are just being cute trying to ~
um ~ passify me? It's too late .
You want to know God ?
Find him for yourself.


yes, pacify; bringing you to a state of peace. that is my goal.

I'll ask a different question that knocks on the same door, How could you claim to know god when you simply aren't able to distinguish between the moments of when he isn't actually there? I'm talking about certain moments you've had when god isn't there, and it's you, engaged in a different way or manner, the moment before later reflecting and filling out that memory with reasoning for how he was there. perhaps only at best omninously.


ps. i know god. dont mistake that about me


I don't know if he is ever not there.
And it's not just Jef.
He's my mirror mirror on the wall. LoL
*Scratch that*
I'm his mirror and he broke me so he
Gets 7 yrs bad luck hahaha

The bible warned you hohoho

I don't hear voices ~ questions come to mind.
The light that comes from I is separated from
the light that surrounds I (I is the iron rod)
Two places at once I am the iron and the body.
What separates us?

All this does is show how society creates
piss poor people that don't even make
reliable witnesses . Sad yet true.
That's Comedy & Tragedy
Entertainment
Entertaining the troops since the
beginning of the war. LoL


saying both, "I'm his mirror.." and going into consciousness vs. experience.. "The light that comes from I," and, "the light that surrounds I," being inseparable, has nothing to do with using language like "god" to try and explain it all. We are beyond that point as thinkers and philosophers. you are clearly capable of properly dissecting your situation yet resort to such ridiculous use of language. and it IS ridiculous because just as you stated in your first reply in this thread how, differences exist between god and religion, so to do differences exist between god and what you are now talking about.

i'll simplify what i mean by saying, in your above anecdote you are missing your third light -- the light of god.




ps. relax and breath


I am one with the light of God.
One being 1 yrs old ~ to God that he
sees me as I am.
My peace be with you.
Accept the breath of God.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26325
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:56 am

Angel wrote: I am one with the light of God. One being 1 yrs old ~ to God that he sees me as I am.
My peace be with you. Accept the breath of God.

100% pure Christian propaganda BS, void of any logic or even common sense.

That Angel is allowed to continuously spam her repeated christian propaganda here, is an insult to the entire forum.

User avatar
digress
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1692
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:11 am
Custom Title: doomer
Contact:

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby digress » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:25 pm

Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:Oh no~ you are just being cute trying to ~
um ~ passify me? It's too late .
You want to know God ?
Find him for yourself.


yes, pacify; bringing you to a state of peace. that is my goal.

I'll ask a different question that knocks on the same door, How could you claim to know god when you simply aren't able to distinguish between the moments of when he isn't actually there? I'm talking about certain moments you've had when god isn't there, and it's you, engaged in a different way or manner, the moment before later reflecting and filling out that memory with reasoning for how he was there. perhaps only at best omninously.


ps. i know god. dont mistake that about me


I don't know if he is ever not there.
And it's not just Jef.
He's my mirror mirror on the wall. LoL
*Scratch that*
I'm his mirror and he broke me so he
Gets 7 yrs bad luck hahaha

The bible warned you hohoho

I don't hear voices ~ questions come to mind.
The light that comes from I is separated from
the light that surrounds I (I is the iron rod)
Two places at once I am the iron and the body.
What separates us?

All this does is show how society creates
piss poor people that don't even make
reliable witnesses . Sad yet true.
That's Comedy & Tragedy
Entertainment
Entertaining the troops since the
beginning of the war. LoL


saying both, "I'm his mirror.." and going into consciousness vs. experience.. "The light that comes from I," and, "the light that surrounds I," being inseparable, has nothing to do with using language like "god" to try and explain it all. We are beyond that point as thinkers and philosophers. you are clearly capable of properly dissecting your situation yet resort to such ridiculous use of language. and it IS ridiculous because just as you stated in your first reply in this thread how, differences exist between god and religion, so to do differences exist between god and what you are now talking about.

i'll simplify what i mean by saying, in your above anecdote you are missing your third light -- the light of god.




ps. relax and breath


I am one with the light of God.
One being 1 yrs old ~ to God that he
sees me as I am.
My peace be with you.
Accept the breath of God.


You are as one with the light of god as an artist is as one with their painting.
  God is an idea.  

"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg
"I am not a concept..." -Confidencia

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster
Posts: 922
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Cadmusteeth » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:29 pm

Artistic expression with no specific answers. What we have so far are answers so vague that they could mean anything.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19616
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:43 am

...to me it sometimes sounds as if JAngel (as when she was a child) looks at something without understanding yet, but likes it very much - or it impacts her somehow - and therefore calls it god. Once she understands it, she might still like it but misses the memory of god.

She came here to learn how others love without having to name "it" god? And at the same time rejects the simple answer that no name, no god is necessary for simple interest or curiosity and pure joy? (Yeah, I know, that's a "name", lol)
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster
Posts: 922
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Cadmusteeth » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:06 am

Naming without personification?

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19616
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:39 am

Without ascribing a mystical or any other specialness.
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Angel » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:55 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote: I am one with the light of God. One being 1 yrs old ~ to God that he sees me as I am.
My peace be with you. Accept the breath of God.

100% pure Christian propaganda BS, void of any logic or even common sense.

That Angel is allowed to continuously spam her repeated christian propaganda here, is an insult to the entire forum.


I'm not psychic but I did write this
before I came here ~ knowing Matthew
would still be so immature .
Soooo.....

The claims of the skeptic society.
Scepticism is the process of applying reason and critical thinking to determine validity.
You have done neither. All you have
done is try to push my buttons yet
you don't even know what a button is.
You call it Woo to be advertanly
disrespectful. When you know
nothing about that which science
has yet to explain.
You are the peeps with the preconceived (everything ) about
anything that you do not understand .
What do you tell a 3 yrs old when he can't sleep because the spirits
are jumping on his bed? All because scientists won't dominate nature & clean up the rivers ~ canals ~ ditches.
Canada shouldn't have a rain forest. You looking to create more heat in the snow?
Sad yet true ~ I see a lot of so called
Christians and they act a lot like you Matthew.
Overtly emotional about things they don't
know.
Last edited by Angel on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Angel » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:57 am

digress wrote:
Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:Oh no~ you are just being cute trying to ~
um ~ passify me? It's too late .
You want to know God ?
Find him for yourself.


yes, pacify; bringing you to a state of peace. that is my goal.

I'll ask a different question that knocks on the same door, How could you claim to know god when you simply aren't able to distinguish between the moments of when he isn't actually there? I'm talking about certain moments you've had when god isn't there, and it's you, engaged in a different way or manner, the moment before later reflecting and filling out that memory with reasoning for how he was there. perhaps only at best omninously.


ps. i know god. dont mistake that about me


I don't know if he is ever not there.
And it's not just Jef.
He's my mirror mirror on the wall. LoL
*Scratch that*
I'm his mirror and he broke me so he
Gets 7 yrs bad luck hahaha

The bible warned you hohoho

I don't hear voices ~ questions come to mind.
The light that comes from I is separated from
the light that surrounds I (I is the iron rod)
Two places at once I am the iron and the body.
What separates us?

All this does is show how society creates
piss poor people that don't even make
reliable witnesses . Sad yet true.
That's Comedy & Tragedy
Entertainment
Entertaining the troops since the
beginning of the war. LoL


saying both, "I'm his mirror.." and going into consciousness vs. experience.. "The light that comes from I," and, "the light that surrounds I," being inseparable, has nothing to do with using language like "god" to try and explain it all. We are beyond that point as thinkers and philosophers. you are clearly capable of properly dissecting your situation yet resort to such ridiculous use of language. and it IS ridiculous because just as you stated in your first reply in this thread how, differences exist between god and religion, so to do differences exist between god and what you are now talking about.

i'll simplify what i mean by saying, in your above anecdote you are missing your third light -- the light of god.




ps. relax and breath


I am one with the light of God.
One being 1 yrs old ~ to God that he
sees me as I am.
My peace be with you.
Accept the breath of God.


You are as one with the light of god as an artist is as one with their painting.


Then you are as one with my son in a pile
of {!#%@}. ;-)
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Angel » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:00 pm

digress wrote:
Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:Oh no~ you are just being cute trying to ~
um ~ passify me? It's too late .
You want to know God ?
Find him for yourself.


yes, pacify; bringing you to a state of peace. that is my goal.

I'll ask a different question that knocks on the same door, How could you claim to know god when you simply aren't able to distinguish between the moments of when he isn't actually there? I'm talking about certain moments you've had when god isn't there, and it's you, engaged in a different way or manner, the moment before later reflecting and filling out that memory with reasoning for how he was there. perhaps only at best omninously.


ps. i know god. dont mistake that about me


I don't know if he is ever not there.
And it's not just Jef.
He's my mirror mirror on the wall. LoL
*Scratch that*
I'm his mirror and he broke me so he
Gets 7 yrs bad luck hahaha

The bible warned you hohoho

I don't hear voices ~ questions come to mind.
The light that comes from I is separated from
the light that surrounds I (I is the iron rod)
Two places at once I am the iron and the body.
What separates us?

All this does is show how society creates
piss poor people that don't even make
reliable witnesses . Sad yet true.
That's Comedy & Tragedy
Entertainment
Entertaining the troops since the
beginning of the war. LoL


saying both, "I'm his mirror.." and going into consciousness vs. experience.. "The light that comes from I," and, "the light that surrounds I," being inseparable, has nothing to do with using language like "god" to try and explain it all. We are beyond that point as thinkers and philosophers. you are clearly capable of properly dissecting your situation yet resort to such ridiculous use of language. and it IS ridiculous because just as you stated in your first reply in this thread how, differences exist between god and religion, so to do differences exist between god and what you are now talking about.

i'll simplify what i mean by saying, in your above anecdote you are missing your third light -- the light of god.




ps. relax and breath


I am one with the light of God.
One being 1 yrs old ~ to God that he
sees me as I am.
My peace be with you.
Accept the breath of God.


You are as one with the light of god as an artist is as one with their painting.


You do realize that the emotional voice
you hear in your head when you read my
posts is your own voice and not mine don't you?
I am at peace.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26325
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:34 am

Angel wrote: I am one with the light of God. One being 1 yrs old ~ to God that he sees me as I am. My peace be with you. Accept the breath of God.
Matthew Ellard wrote:100% pure Christian propaganda BS, void of any logic or even common sense.


Angel wrote:The claims of the skeptic society. Scepticism is the process of applying reason and critical thinking to determine validity. You have done neither.
I have continuously asked you to provide evidence for your claims about your "God". You simply refuse to answer any direct question and continuously spam the same religious propaganda, about your "god", in every thread.

Angel wrote: All you have done is try to push my buttons yet you don't even know what a button is.]
I am trained to push buttons.
button.jpg


Angel wrote:You call it Woo to be advertanly disrespectful. When you know nothing about that which science has yet to explain.
Give one example, with evidence of something science can't explain. You can't, can you?

Angel wrote:What do you tell a 3 yrs old when he can't sleep because the spirits
"There is no such thing as spirits. Here's a camera. I will give you $100 if you take a photo of a spirit if one comes along." :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
digress
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1692
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:11 am
Custom Title: doomer
Contact:

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby digress » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:42 am

Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:Oh no~ you are just being cute trying to ~
um ~ passify me? It's too late .
You want to know God ?
Find him for yourself.


yes, pacify; bringing you to a state of peace. that is my goal.

I'll ask a different question that knocks on the same door, How could you claim to know god when you simply aren't able to distinguish between the moments of when he isn't actually there? I'm talking about certain moments you've had when god isn't there, and it's you, engaged in a different way or manner, the moment before later reflecting and filling out that memory with reasoning for how he was there. perhaps only at best omninously.


ps. i know god. dont mistake that about me


I don't know if he is ever not there.
And it's not just Jef.
He's my mirror mirror on the wall. LoL
*Scratch that*
I'm his mirror and he broke me so he
Gets 7 yrs bad luck hahaha

The bible warned you hohoho

I don't hear voices ~ questions come to mind.
The light that comes from I is separated from
the light that surrounds I (I is the iron rod)
Two places at once I am the iron and the body.
What separates us?

All this does is show how society creates
piss poor people that don't even make
reliable witnesses . Sad yet true.
That's Comedy & Tragedy
Entertainment
Entertaining the troops since the
beginning of the war. LoL


saying both, "I'm his mirror.." and going into consciousness vs. experience.. "The light that comes from I," and, "the light that surrounds I," being inseparable, has nothing to do with using language like "god" to try and explain it all. We are beyond that point as thinkers and philosophers. you are clearly capable of properly dissecting your situation yet resort to such ridiculous use of language. and it IS ridiculous because just as you stated in your first reply in this thread how, differences exist between god and religion, so to do differences exist between god and what you are now talking about.

i'll simplify what i mean by saying, in your above anecdote you are missing your third light -- the light of god.




ps. relax and breath


I am one with the light of God.
One being 1 yrs old ~ to God that he
sees me as I am.
My peace be with you.
Accept the breath of God.


You are as one with the light of god as an artist is as one with their painting.


You do realize that the emotional voice
you hear in your head when you read my
posts is your own voice and not mine don't you?
I am at peace.


You imply I'm being emotional.

I guess that light isn't very bright.
  God is an idea.  

"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg
"I am not a concept..." -Confidencia

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Angel » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:19 pm

digress wrote:
Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:
digress wrote:
Angel wrote:Oh no~ you are just being cute trying to ~
um ~ passify me? It's too late .
You want to know God ?
Find him for yourself.


yes, pacify; bringing you to a state of peace. that is my goal.

I'll ask a different question that knocks on the same door, How could you claim to know god when you simply aren't able to distinguish between the moments of when he isn't actually there? I'm talking about certain moments you've had when god isn't there, and it's you, engaged in a different way or manner, the moment before later reflecting and filling out that memory with reasoning for how he was there. perhaps only at best omninously.


ps. i know god. dont mistake that about me


I don't know if he is ever not there.
And it's not just Jef.
He's my mirror mirror on the wall. LoL
*Scratch that*
I'm his mirror and he broke me so he
Gets 7 yrs bad luck hahaha

The bible warned you hohoho

I don't hear voices ~ questions come to mind.
The light that comes from I is separated from
the light that surrounds I (I is the iron rod)
Two places at once I am the iron and the body.
What separates us?

All this does is show how society creates
piss poor people that don't even make
reliable witnesses . Sad yet true.
That's Comedy & Tragedy
Entertainment
Entertaining the troops since the
beginning of the war. LoL


saying both, "I'm his mirror.." and going into consciousness vs. experience.. "The light that comes from I," and, "the light that surrounds I," being inseparable, has nothing to do with using language like "god" to try and explain it all. We are beyond that point as thinkers and philosophers. you are clearly capable of properly dissecting your situation yet resort to such ridiculous use of language. and it IS ridiculous because just as you stated in your first reply in this thread how, differences exist between god and religion, so to do differences exist between god and what you are now talking about.

i'll simplify what i mean by saying, in your above anecdote you are missing your third light -- the light of god.




ps. relax and breath


I am one with the light of God.
One being 1 yrs old ~ to God that he
sees me as I am.
My peace be with you.
Accept the breath of God.


You are as one with the light of god as an artist is as one with their painting.


You do realize that the emotional voice
you hear in your head when you read my
posts is your own voice and not mine don't you?
I am at peace.


You imply I'm being emotional.

I guess that light isn't very bright.


No. I am asking you to not assume that
I am being emotional.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
digress
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1692
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:11 am
Custom Title: doomer
Contact:

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby digress » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:50 am

Angel wrote:No. I am asking you to not assume that
I am being emotional.


errruhm... i just said ps. relax and breath because it was in your sig and it was my poor attempt to lighten the mood as you read my replies and matured.

ps. it's spelt relax and breathe


(gord so slow)
  God is an idea.  

"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg
"I am not a concept..." -Confidencia

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Angel » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:58 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote: I am one with the light of God. One being 1 yrs old ~ to God that he sees me as I am. My peace be with you. Accept the breath of God.
Matthew Ellard wrote:100% pure Christian propaganda BS, void of any logic or even common sense.


Angel wrote:The claims of the skeptic society. Scepticism is the process of applying reason and critical thinking to determine validity. You have done neither.
I have continuously asked you to provide evidence for your claims about your "God". You simply refuse to answer any direct question and continuously spam the same religious propaganda, about your "god", in every thread.

Angel wrote: All you have done is try to push my buttons yet you don't even know what a button is.]
I am trained to push buttons. button.jpg

Angel wrote:You call it Woo to be advertanly disrespectful. When you know nothing about that which science has yet to explain.
Give one example, with evidence of something science can't explain. You can't, can you?

Angel wrote:What do you tell a 3 yrs old when he can't sleep because the spirits
"There is no such thing as spirits. Here's a camera. I will give you $100 if you take a photo of a spirit if one comes along." :lol:


You just go sift through the Internet
garbage and you will find somewhere ~ I posted that scientists will discover God and not I. God knows I can't do it hahaha
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Angel » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:00 am

digress wrote:
Angel wrote:No. I am asking you to not assume that
I am being emotional.


errruhm... i just said ps. relax and breath because it was in your sig and it was my poor attempt to lighten the mood as you read my replies and matured.

ps. it's spelt relax and breathe


(gord so slow)


That's cool :-)
I'm too tired to breath so I'm
gonna go relax now ;)
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26325
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:36 am

Angel wrote: I posted that scientists will discover God and not I.
No. A scientist can no more discover your Christian God than discover Luke Skywalker from Star Wars.

They are both fictional characters invented by human beings.

You seem to be unaware that the Bible is a collection of fictional fairy tales compiled around 80AD to 100AD that are mostly Babylonian in origin as the Jewish religious class were held hostage during the Babylonian captivity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylonian_captivity

"Arguing against Religion"
This thread's topic is arguing against religion. Do you have one argument or fact or an iota of evidence that your "Christian God" is real?

No?.......I didn't think so.
:lol:

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Angel » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:19 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote: I posted that scientists will discover God and not I.
No. A scientist can no more discover your Christian God than discover Luke Skywalker from Star Wars.

They are both fictional characters invented by human beings.

You seem to be unaware that the Bible is a collection of fictional fairy tales compiled around 80AD to 100AD that are mostly Babylonian in origin as the Jewish religious class were held hostage during the Babylonian captivity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylonian_captivity

"Arguing against Religion"
This thread's topic is arguing against religion. Do you have one argument or fact or an iota of evidence that your "Christian God" is real?

No?.......I didn't think so.
:lol:


Please back up your claims with more
accurate evidence . :-)


For the sake of keeping it in one post. ~
Why is the serpent called Lucifer and
the mother of all people in evolution
called Lucy?
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26325
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:15 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:No. A scientist can no more discover your Christian God than discover Luke Skywalker from Star Wars. They are both fictional characters invented by human beings.
Angel wrote:Please back up your claims with more accurate evidence
fictional books.jpg


Angel wrote:Why is the serpent called Lucifer and the mother of all people in evolution called Lucy?
1) The serpent in the old Hebrew testament was not called "Lucifer" but rather חִוְיָא
2) Lucy was a modern scientist's nickname for one female fossil example of Australopithecus afarensis
Lucy Australopithecus afarensis.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Angel » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:No. A scientist can no more discover your Christian God than discover Luke Skywalker from Star Wars. They are both fictional characters invented by human beings.
Angel wrote:Please back up your claims with more accurate evidence
fictional books.jpg

Angel wrote:Why is the serpent called Lucifer and the mother of all people in evolution called Lucy?
1) The serpent in the old Hebrew testament was not called "Lucifer" but rather חִוְיָא
2) Lucy was a modern scientist's nickname for one female fossil example of Australopithecus afarensis
Lucy Australopithecus afarensis.jpg


Not anymore.
Are you a child of the new rainbow?
A follower of the new swastica ?
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?


Return to “The Letting Go of God Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest