Jewish Teacher Cancles Christmas Trip

General discussion on the subject of religion, losing religion, and having no religion to lose...
ryu289

Jewish Teacher Cancles Christmas Trip

Postby ryu289 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:40 pm

http://www.algemeiner.com/2015/12/17/ca ... -parents/#
Public school parents in San Jose, Calif. are sounding off on a Jewish mother after a complaint she lodged led to the cancellation of a Christmas-themed field trip, NBC reported on Wednesday.

As it has done for the past 10 years, the Sartorette Elementary School organized a trip for its kindergarten class to a local coffee shop — Big E Café –where the kids would drink hot chocolate and sit on Santa’s lap to ask for presents.

But Talia (last name withheld at her request), a Jewish teacher with a daughter in the class, did not want her 5-year-old to participate.

Talia told NBC that she is unhappy that Christianity is the focus of most of the school’s curriculum throughout December, giving the example of her daughter’s class writing letters to the North Pole and dressing up like reindeer.

Off course without a last name we cannot confirm this story...sounds like she could've asked someone else to cover.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Re: Jewish Teacher Cancles Christmas Trip

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:04 pm

This is hardly big news is it? Try posting this information on your facebook page.

Please go away.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:16 pm

Well, I wouldn't want my kiddies sitting on some old Alcoholics lap either. School over reacting as usual.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Needs more cowbell!

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:25 am

“This is not a Jewish issue for me,” she said. “It’s an inclusion issue. We can’t spend five days on just one culture. That’s fostering intolerance".

I'm left handed and has to suffer a continuous cultural assault from you right handed bastards and your weird shaped scissors, back-to-front rulers and fridge doors on the wrong side.

A hard rain is gonna come down on you "righties", one day. Just sayin... How long can my people be oppressed like this this.

I demand our own country!
download (19).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Poodle
Has More Than 7K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:33 am

You're a leftie?

Jeez, I wish I'd known that before I ever spoke to you! Bastard! If it wasn't for you lefties, the entire world would be right. RIGHT - OK? Eermmm - and all the rest of it! Yeah! See!

Right - get your mojo together, Ellard.

Yours faithfully,

Marge Eversocorrectandavirgin.

PS ... Errrmmm .. yes!

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:55 am

Poodle wrote:You're a leftie? Jeez, I wish I'd known that before I ever spoke to you! Bastard! If it wasn't for you lefties, the entire world would be right. RIGHT - OK? Eermmm - and all the rest of it! Yeah! See!!

I know who you are "Mr Poodle". You are a descendent of one of those right handed Greek bastards, who invented the "Greek phalanx". From that day onwards, us poor left-handers, the salt of the earth, were consciously placed at a fatal disadvantage, for the next 2000 years.
download (20).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:14 am

Marge wrote:#andavirgin

:heh:

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:28 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:the salt of the earth

Stop killin' my crops! :shakefist:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

ryu289

Postby ryu289 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:36 am

I mentioned this because it reminded me of this bogus story of an Asian principal in New York banning holidays...this one seemed just as fake.
http://www.snopes.com/ps-169-pledge-all ... ntroversy/

Return to “The Letting Go of God Forum”