La Haine

General discussion on the subject of religion, losing religion, and having no religion to lose...
supervitor
Frequent Poster

La Haine

Postby supervitor » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:34 pm

Maybe a good suggestion to view/review these days, where people seem a bit lost trying to explain the recent events in Paris:
Where do those people that are willing to blow themselves up in order to cause maximum destruction come from?
How was it possible that we breed them right here in our midst?
And that we didn't even realize what was happening?
Where does all this hate come from?

It's from 1995, which is even better because it allows us to see how these people grow up.
And maybe understand.
(off course it's also a very good movie)

Hate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk77VrkxL88

This is just a trailer, but I'm sure something like "La Haine watch online english subtitles" will lead you somewhere.

The message is: Hate generates Hate

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113247/

Good movie night!

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Re: La Haine

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:34 am

Hate does generate hate in response among other emotions. but Paris is about culture clash and jihad. Overlapping of course, but very much different.

I look forward to catching this film.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

supervitor
Frequent Poster

Postby supervitor » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:04 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Hate does generate hate in response among other emotions. but Paris is about culture clash and jihad. Overlapping of course, but very much different.

I look forward to catching this film.

You say it's about "culture clash", but that doesn't help in trying to understand the problem. What I'm saying is it's about racism and discrimination that then generates more hatred, etc etc..

I think it's better to go deeper in the reasons instead of just saying there are two different cultures that.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:11 am

culture clash goes much deeper than simple minded claims of racism. It often includes racism and adds in language, religion, customs, and a host of other cultural friction points.

Slow down and think a minute.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

supervitor
Frequent Poster

Postby supervitor » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:29 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:culture clash goes much deeper than simple minded claims of racism. It often includes racism and adds in language, religion, customs, and a host of other cultural friction points.

Slow down and think a minute.

You're looking at it in a faulty way. I don't deny the "culture clash" concept. I'm saying that in the matter of understanding the problem (and hence, have a shot at solving it), we need to overcome that, and look at the real roots: racism, discrimination, unacceptance of other people.

I detect a kind of fatalism in your "culture clash" terminology, like there's nothing to be done unless war or geographical segregation. I'm saying that can be overcome and societies can be multicultural.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:21 pm

super: define the concepts and you will see a Venn Diagram with Culture Clash about 10 times larger than racism with a large degree of overlap between the two. You can have either without the other.

You do get stuck on the authority of the first words you post......ha, ha. Learn to be more flexible. It doesn't hurt at all.

No fatalism at all. Not all cultures clash. But when they do..... yep, or bleed a bunch.

supervitor
Frequent Poster

Postby supervitor » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:36 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:super: define the concepts and you will see a Venn Diagram with Culture Clash about 10 times larger than racism with a large degree of overlap between the two. You can have either without the other.

You do get stuck on the authority of the first words you post......ha, ha. Learn to be more flexible. It doesn't hurt at all.

No fatalism at all. Not all cultures clash. But when they do..... yep, or bleed a bunch.

Do quote my first words I'm stuck with and explain why is that a problem.

What you're saying basically is that the way to understand society is to draw diagrams and see which one is bigger (or whatever), is that it?

I prefer to just think about them. Not sure I've ever drawn a diagram for this kind of issues.

My position is clear, bobbo. Challenge it.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:32 pm

I destroyed your position. It takes two fools to have an argument. Go find Sweetpea.

supervitor
Frequent Poster

Postby supervitor » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:48 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I destroyed your position. It takes two fools to have an argument. Go find Sweetpea.

SweetPea has been absent lately. This is between you and me.

muuuuuahhahahahahha

Return to “The Letting Go of God Forum”