Onward and Upward with the Arts…..

General discussion on the subject of religion, losing religion, and having no religion to lose...
nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Onward and Upward with the Arts…..

Postby nmblum88 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:52 pm

Amusing bit of news from the Harper's Index.March 2014 issue;

"Number of Academy Award winners in the past two years who thanked God in their acceptance speeches:7.
"Who thanked Harvey Weinstein:30."

NMB
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Re: Onward and Upward with the Arts…..

Postby gorgeous » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:09 pm

Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Re: Onward and Upward with the Arts…..

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:09 pm

Some of my favorite film noir "themes" are women who use their sex to get ahead: "acting like men....." and the funny part is when the men get all attached and clinging and upset they were objectified. yes, it can go both ways. In the Karmic wheel of things, this can be a delicate balance........or Thor's Hammer.

All I've ever asked for, is the truth. Most "people" don't accept simple truths even when they flow from direct conscious decisions.....or when minds change.

Hoomans.............what ya gonna do?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Return to “The Letting Go of God Forum”